RemedySpot.com

Re: Zena, I agree with you, it should be YOU

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Oh, theres nothing like the restorative powers of a good chicken soup. Sometimes referred to over hear as 'jewish penicillin' As a properly made traditional jewish chicken soup is really good for you if you've a cold.>> I keep telling myself that every day, especially when I go out to a > Dr. appt. or store or whatever with Earl, I am always the only one > with an oxygen canister on my "keester".\> > This disease sucks Zena, and we both know it. When you realize that > it has you by the tubing, you know you've been had. But, fight, > fight fight, just like our high school cheers. We have to keep > praising God and fighting every day all day long.> > I am a total disaster today with my cold, but know what???? I am > alone with , as Earl is working so I decided that if I am going > to eat today, (me, myself, and I) will have to put our brains > together and figure out just what it will be. So, I took some frozen > chicken breast filets out of the freezer, and am making chicken soup > with those ramen noodles, frozen veg, and canned diced tomatoes, > garlic, cumin, sage, and salt and pepper. Should be wonderful later > on. I can't taste anything but who cares at this point. It is total > nourishment.> > I feel like I am at "deaths" door today, my left eye (detached > retinal surgery) is still somewhat sore, but the worst part of > it????? The left side of my head feels like someone hit me with a > baseball bat and I have "water on the brain". The whole head is numb > there (unless I touch it). It just feels like only half of my face > is there. O, yeah, baby, that is kewl !!!!!!!!!!!!!lol> > I think the eye is getting better though, it is very blurry, but I > can see everything, just don't use it as I have double vision if I > do. > > I do not have a fever with this cold, (knock on wood), and not weak > or anything, just runny nose and the wheezing seems better today, > have been using my albuterol spray to the throat.> > Thank you guys for all your support and love for me and thanks for > being there so we can vent too.> Love, Lou>

Guest guest

Zena,

It's called "Jewish penicillin" here too. When I lived in NY there was an amazing kosher deli near my house. Whenever I had a cold that's where I went before the pharmacy even to get myself some soup!

And on a more serious note.... I agree you should have been the one taking your daughter swimming and you should be able to carry her upstairs and give her a piggy back ride and the millions of other things a "normal" mom can do. ly it sucks that we're so limited. We all do understand.

One word of encouragement, I do swim and it is possible though not as freely as I used to be able to. I bring a tank and 50 feet of tubing and get in the pool. It's not perfect but I'm in the water and I can play with my nieces and nephews. Some places might not allow you to bring a tank in....but I've used hotel pools, the community pool where my sister lives, the town pool where I used to live. Just a thought....

Consider yourself hugged!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Oh, theres nothing like the restorative powers of a good chicken soup. Sometimes referred to over hear as 'jewish penicillin' As a properly made traditional jewish chicken soup is really good for you if you've a cold.>> I keep telling myself that every day, especially when I go out to a > Dr. appt. or store or whatever with Earl, I am always the only one > with an oxygen canister on my "keester".\> > This disease sucks Zena, and we both know it. When you realize that > it has you by the tubing, you know you've been had. But, fight, > fight fight, just like our high school cheers. We have to keep > praising God and fighting every day all day long.> > I am a total disaster today with my cold, but know what???? I am >

alone with , as Earl is working so I decided that if I am going > to eat today, (me, myself, and I) will have to put our brains > together and figure out just what it will be. So, I took some frozen > chicken breast filets out of the freezer, and am making chicken soup > with those ramen noodles, frozen veg, and canned diced tomatoes, > garlic, cumin, sage, and salt and pepper. Should be wonderful later > on. I can't taste anything but who cares at this point. It is total > nourishment.> > I feel like I am at "deaths" door today, my left eye (detached > retinal surgery) is still somewhat sore, but the worst part of > it????? The left side of my head feels like someone hit me with a > baseball bat and I have "water on the brain". The whole head is numb > there (unless I touch it). It just feels like only half of my face > is there. O, yeah, baby, that

is kewl !!!!!!!!!!!! !lol> > I think the eye is getting better though, it is very blurry, but I > can see everything, just don't use it as I have double vision if I > do. > > I do not have a fever with this cold, (knock on wood), and not weak > or anything, just runny nose and the wheezing seems better today, > have been using my albuterol spray to the throat.> > Thank you guys for all your support and love for me and thanks for > being there so we can vent too.> Love, Lou>

Guest guest

My local pool won't allow me in there with the tank. > >> > I keep telling myself that every day, especially when I go out to a > > Dr. appt. or store or whatever with Earl, I am always the only one > > with an oxygen canister on my "keester".\> > > > This disease sucks Zena, and we both know it. When you realize that > > it has you by the tubing, you know you've been had. But, fight, > > fight fight, just like our high school cheers. We have to keep > > praising God and fighting every day all day long.> > > > I am a total disaster today with my cold, but know what???? I am > > alone with , as Earl is working so I decided that if I am going > > to eat today, (me, myself, and I) will have to put our brains > > together and figure out just what it will be. So, I took some frozen > > chicken breast filets out of the freezer, and am making chicken soup > > with those ramen noodles, frozen veg, and canned diced tomatoes, > > garlic, cumin, sage, and salt and pepper. Should be wonderful later > > on. I can't taste anything but who cares at this point. It is total > > nourishment.> > > > I feel like I am at "deaths" door today, my left eye (detached > > retinal surgery) is still somewhat sore, but the worst part of > > it????? The left side of my head feels like someone hit me with a > > baseball bat and I have "water on the brain". The whole head is numb > > there (unless I touch it). It just feels like only half of my face > > is there. O, yeah, baby, that is kewl !!!!!!!!!!!! !lol> > > > I think the eye is getting better though, it is very blurry, but I > > can see everything, just don't use it as I have double vision if I > > do. > > > > I do not have a fever with this cold, (knock on wood), and not weak > > or anything, just runny nose and the wheezing seems better today, > > have been using my albuterol spray to the throat.> > > > Thank you guys for all your support and love for me and thanks for > > being there so we can vent too.> > Love, Lou> >>

Guest guest

Zena,

That's what I suspected, cause I know you're at least as determined as I am to keep living your life. I'm sorry that's the case. The whole thing sucks and I wish there was something I could say to make it different.

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

My local pool won't allow me in there with the tank. > >> > I keep telling myself that every day, especially when I go out to a > > Dr. appt. or store or whatever with Earl, I am always the only one > > with an oxygen canister on my "keester".\> > > > This disease sucks Zena, and we both know it. When you realize that > > it has you by the tubing, you know you've been had. But, fight, > > fight fight, just like our high school cheers. We have to keep > > praising God and fighting every day all day long.> > > > I am a total disaster today with my cold, but know what???? I am > > alone with , as Earl is working so I decided that if I am going > > to eat today, (me, myself, and I) will have to put our brains > > together and figure out just what it will be. So, I took some frozen > > chicken breast filets out of the freezer, and am making chicken

soup > > with those ramen noodles, frozen veg, and canned diced tomatoes, > > garlic, cumin, sage, and salt and pepper. Should be wonderful later > > on. I can't taste anything but who cares at this point. It is total > > nourishment.> > > > I feel like I am at "deaths" door today, my left eye (detached > > retinal surgery) is still somewhat sore, but the worst part of > > it????? The left side of my head feels like someone hit me with a > > baseball bat and I have "water on the brain". The whole head is numb > > there (unless I touch it). It just feels like only half of my face > > is there. O, yeah, baby, that is kewl !!!!!!!!!!!! !lol> > > > I think the eye is getting better though, it is very blurry, but I > > can see everything, just don't use it as I have double vision if I > > do. > >

> > I do not have a fever with this cold, (knock on wood), and not weak > > or anything, just runny nose and the wheezing seems better today, > > have been using my albuterol spray to the throat.> > > > Thank you guys for all your support and love for me and thanks for > > being there so we can vent too.> > Love, Lou> >>

Guest guest

Zena, You're right" Jewish chicken soup"

will cure just about anything,...just not PF!!!

I'lll gladly post the recipe used by my grandmother, mother and me!!!

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z 64,

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No, NSIP was not

self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to

Darah

and Sara

“I’m gonna be

iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

Zena wrote:

Oh, theres nothing like

the restorative powers of a good chicken soup. Sometimes referred to

over hear as 'jewish penicillin' As a properly made traditional jewish

chicken soup is really good for you if you've a cold.

>

> I keep telling myself that every day, especially when I go out to

a

> Dr. appt. or store or whatever with Earl, I am always the only one

> with an oxygen canister on my "keester".\

>

> This disease sucks Zena, and we both know it. When you realize

that

> it has you by the tubing, you know you've been had. But, fight,

> fight fight, just like our high school cheers. We have to keep

> praising God and fighting every day all day long.

>

> I am a total disaster today with my cold, but know what???? I am

> alone with , as Earl is working so I decided that if I am

going

> to eat today, (me, myself, and I) will have to put our brains

> together and figure out just what it will be. So, I took some

frozen

> chicken breast filets out of the freezer, and am making chicken

soup

> with those ramen noodles, frozen veg, and canned diced tomatoes,

> garlic, cumin, sage, and salt and pepper. Should be wonderful

later

> on. I can't taste anything but who cares at this point. It is

total

> nourishment.

>

> I feel like I am at "deaths" door today, my left eye (detached

> retinal surgery) is still somewhat sore, but the worst part of

> it????? The left side of my head feels like someone hit me with a

> baseball bat and I have "water on the brain". The whole head is

numb

> there (unless I touch it). It just feels like only half of my face

> is there. O, yeah, baby, that is kewl !!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

>

> I think the eye is getting better though, it is very blurry, but I

> can see everything, just don't use it as I have double vision if I

> do.

>

> I do not have a fever with this cold, (knock on wood), and not

weak

> or anything, just runny nose and the wheezing seems better today,

> have been using my albuterol spray to the throat.

>

> Thank you guys for all your support and love for me and thanks for

> being there so we can vent too.

> Love, Lou

>

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 269.23.2/1386 - Release Date: 4/18/2008 5:24 PM

Guest guest

Z... I'd love to have the recipe! Like Lou said, I also use the ramen noodles...great way to use up left overs too.

Chicken soup is the best. BTW...is there a COSTCO in your area? Oh, do try their chicken soup! Home made and you cannot tell it isn't "grandma's"...I swear. Wonderful.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: Re: Zena, I agree with you, it should be YOU

Zena, You're right" Jewish chicken soup" will cure just about anything,...just not PF!!!I'lll gladly post the recipe used by my grandmother, mother and me!!!

Z 64, fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild” PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No, NSIP was not self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter, reader,carousel lover and MomMom to Darah

and Sara

“I’m gonna be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->Zena wrote:

Oh, theres nothing like the restorative powers of a good chicken soup. Sometimes referred to over hear as 'jewish penicillin' As a properly made traditional jewish chicken soup is really good for you if you've a cold.>> I keep telling myself that every day, especially when I go out to a > Dr. appt. or store or whatever with Earl, I am always the only one > with an oxygen canister on my "keester".\> > This disease sucks Zena, and we both know it. When you realize that > it has you by the tubing, you know you've been had. But, fight, > fight fight, just like our high school cheers. We have to keep > praising God and fighting every day all day long.> > I am a total disaster today with my cold, but know what???? I am > alone with , as Earl is working so I decided that if I am going > to eat today, (me, myself, and I) will have to put our brains > together and figure out just what it will be. So, I took some frozen > chicken breast filets out of the freezer, and am making chicken soup > with those ramen noodles, frozen veg, and canned diced tomatoes, > garlic, cumin, sage, and salt and pepper. Should be wonderful later > on. I can't taste anything but who cares at this point. It is total > nourishment.> > I feel like I am at "deaths" door today, my left eye (detached > retinal surgery) is still somewhat sore, but the worst part of > it????? The left side of my head feels like someone hit me with a > baseball bat and I have "water on the brain". The whole head is numb > there (unless I touch it). It just feels like only half of my face > is there. O, yeah, baby, that is kewl !!!!!!!!!!!!!lol> > I think the eye is getting better though, it is very blurry, but I > can see everything, just don't use it as I have double vision if I > do. > > I do not have a fever with this cold, (knock on wood), and not weak > or anything, just runny nose and the wheezing seems better today, > have been using my albuterol spray to the throat.> > Thank you guys for all your support and love for me and thanks for > being there so we can vent too.> Love, Lou>

Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 269.23.2/1386 - Release Date: 4/18/2008 5:24 PM

Guest guest

Sher, Costco is the best!!!I haven't tried

their chicken soup..I usually make a huge batch and freeze containers.

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z 64,

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

No, NSIP was not

Potter,

Darah

and Sara

“I’m gonna be

Sher Bauman wrote:

Z...

I'd love to have the recipe! Like Lou said, I also use the ramen

noodles...great way to use up left overs too.

Chicken soup

is the best. BTW...is there a COSTCO in your area? Oh, do try their

chicken soup! Home made and you cannot tell it isn't "grandma's"...I

swear. Wonderful.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP

4/08 OR.

Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: Re: Zena, I agree with

you, it should be YOU

Zena, You're right"

Jewish chicken soup" will cure just about anything,...just not

PF!!!

No, NSIP was

not self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to Darah

and Sara

“I’m

gonna be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

<!--[if

!supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->

Zena wrote:

Oh,

theres nothing like the restorative powers of a good chicken soup.

Sometimes referred to over hear as 'jewish penicillin' As a properly

made traditional jewish chicken soup is really good for you if you've a

cold.

>

a

>

that

>

going

frozen

soup

later

total

> nourishment.

>

numb

>

> do.

>

weak

>

> Love, Lou

>

Guest guest

...well break down ye great cook...just try it...comes in handy for a quickie lunch and you haven't cooked!

I'm off to bed/TV.

Nighty-nite

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Zena, You're right" Jewish chicken soup" will cure just about anything,...just not PF!!!I'lll gladly post the recipe used by my grandmother, mother and me!!!

No, NSIP was not self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter, reader,carousel lover and MomMom to Darah

and Sara

“I’m gonna be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->Zena wrote:

Guest guest

Sher, I'll give Costco's brand a try. We

have to get there to stock the freezer soon.

Have a great Sunday.

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z 64,

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

No, NSIP was not

Potter,

Darah

and Sara

“I’m gonna be

Sher Bauman wrote:

...well break

down ye great cook...just try it...comes in handy for a quickie lunch

and you haven't cooked!

I'm off to bed/TV.

Nighty-nite

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP

4/08 OR.

-----

Original Message -----

Zion

To:

Breathe-Support

Sent:

Saturday, April 19, 2008 7:07 PM

Subject:

Sher, Costco is the best!!!I

haven't tried their chicken soup..I usually make a huge batch and

freeze containers.

Z

64, fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

No, NSIP was not

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to Darah

and Sara

“I’m

<!--[if

Sher Bauman wrote:

Z... I'd love to have the recipe! Like Lou said, I also use the

ramen noodles...great way to use up left overs too.

Chicken

soup is the best. BTW...is there a COSTCO in your area? Oh, do try

their chicken soup! Home made and you cannot tell it isn't "grandma's"...I

swear. Wonderful.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06,

NSIP 4/08 OR.

Re: Re: Zena, I agree with

you, it should be YOU

Zena, You're

right" Jewish chicken soup" will cure just about anything,...just

not PF!!!

No, NSIP

was not self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter, reader,carousel lover and MomMom to

Darah

and Sara

“I’m

<!--[if

Zena wrote:

Oh,

theres nothing like the restorative powers of a good chicken soup.

Sometimes referred to over hear as 'jewish penicillin' As a properly

made traditional jewish chicken soup is really good for you if you've a

cold.

>

a

>

that

>

going

frozen

soup

later

total

> nourishment.

>

numb

>

> do.

>

weak

>

> Love, Lou

>

Guest guest

Ooooo , I will love you forever xxx

Love Ze xx> > >> > > I keep telling myself that every day, especially when I go out to a> > > Dr. appt. or store or whatever with Earl, I am always the only one> > > with an oxygen canister on my "keester".\> > >> > > This disease sucks Zena, and we both know it. When you realize that> > > it has you by the tubing, you know you've been had. But, fight,> > > fight fight, just like our high school cheers. We have to keep> > > praising God and fighting every day all day long.> > >> > > I am a total disaster today with my cold, but know what???? I am> > > alone with , as Earl is working so I decided that if I am going> > > to eat today, (me, myself, and I) will have to put our brains> > > together and figure out just what it will be. So, I took some frozen> > > chicken breast filets out of the freezer, and am making chicken soup> > > with those ramen noodles, frozen veg, and canned diced tomatoes,> > > garlic, cumin, sage, and salt and pepper. Should be wonderful later> > > on. I can't taste anything but who cares at this point. It is total> > > nourishment.> > >> > > I feel like I am at "deaths" door today, my left eye (detached> > > retinal surgery) is still somewhat sore, but the worst part of> > > it????? The left side of my head feels like someone hit me with a> > > baseball bat and I have "water on the brain". The whole head is numb> > > there (unless I touch it). It just feels like only half of my face> > > is there. O, yeah, baby, that is kewl !!!!!!!!!!!!!lol> > >> > > I think the eye is getting better though, it is very blurry, but I> > > can see everything, just don't use it as I have double vision if I> > > do.> > >> > > I do not have a fever with this cold, (knock on wood), and not weak> > > or anything, just runny nose and the wheezing seems better today,> > > have been using my albuterol spray to the throat.> > >> > > Thank you guys for all your support and love for me and thanks for> > > being there so we can vent too.> > > Love, Lou> > >> >> > > >> >------------------------------------------------------------------------> >> >No virus found in this incoming message.> >Checked by AVG. > >Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 269.23.2/1386 - Release Date: 4/18/2008 5:24 PM> > > >>