RemedySpot.com

Re: It should be ME

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Ze,

Yes. You should have been the one swimming with your daughter.

I completly understand how you feel because I have missed a lot of things because of the Crohn's Disease and PF.

Irene

---- Original Message ----

To: Breathe-Support

Sent: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 1:03 pm

Subject: It should be ME

There are times when I really hate this disease. I hate what it takes away from me.

It's stopping me from doing things with my daughter, and that is unforgivable.

She has had a wonderful afternoon swimming with my friend. I've been watching. Now I know I'm fortunate that I have a wonderful friend that is more than happy to take Lili swimming, I know that Lili is also fortunate in that same friend. She has been such a rock while she has been going through her own troubles.

But it should be ME. I'm the one that should be taking my daughter swimming. I should be able to take her to the park to run round with her, to carry her upstairs when she's fallen asleep on the sofa.

Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment – with a Canadian perspective.

Guest guest

Zena,

My heart breaks for you. I hate that I am so limited with the activities I do with grandkids, but I did get to do them with my children. I too am glad that you have a good friend to take Lili swimming and at the same time agree with you-it's just not fair that you can't take her yourself.

Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California

It should be ME

There are times when I really hate this disease. I hate what it takes away from me.

It's stopping me from doing things with my daughter, and that is unforgivable.

She has had a wonderful afternoon swimming with my friend. I've been watching. Now I know I'm fortunate that I have a wonderful friend that is more than happy to take Lili swimming, I know that Lili is also fortunate in that same friend. She has been such a rock while she has been going through her own troubles.

But it should be ME. I'm the one that should be taking my daughter swimming. I should be able to take her to the park to run round with her, to carry her upstairs when she's fallen asleep on the sofa.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Thank you

I do realise that I am very lucky with my friend. She really does go above and beyond the call of duty, while at the same time having a very pressurized job and going through a spectacularly messy divorce, she still has time to help me out. That's not to say that my other friends don't help out and aren't there for me, but she really goes beyond what you'd expect from a friend. I love her to pieces

Love Ze xx>> Zena,> My heart breaks for you. I hate that I am so limited with the activities I do with grandkids, but I did get to do them with my children. I too am glad that you have a good friend to take Lili swimming and at the same time agree with you-it's just not fair that you can't take her yourself. > > > Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California> > > > > It should be ME> > There are times when I really hate this disease. I hate what it takes away from me.> It's stopping me from doing things with my daughter, and that is unforgivable.> She has had a wonderful afternoon swimming with my friend. I've been watching. Now I know I'm fortunate that I have a wonderful friend that is more than happy to take Lili swimming, I know that Lili is also fortunate in that same friend. She has been such a rock while she has been going through her own troubles.> But it should be ME. I'm the one that should be taking my daughter swimming. I should be able to take her to the park to run round with her, to carry her upstairs when she's fallen asleep on the sofa.> > > > ____________________________________________________________________________________> Be a better friend, newshound, and > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ>

Guest guest

Thanks for letting me rant. I know you lot don't mind I just got all upset while I was watching Jooles and Lili play in the pool. I'll put some photo's up soon.

Love Ze xxx> >> > Zena,> > My heart breaks for you. I hate that I am so limited with the> activities I do with grandkids, but I did get to do them with my> children. I too am glad that you have a good friend to take Lili> swimming and at the same time agree with you-it's just not fair that you> can't take her yourself. > >> >> > Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California> >> >> >> >> > It should be ME> >> > There are times when I really hate this disease. I hate what it takes> away from me.> > It's stopping me from doing things with my daughter, and that is> unforgivable.> > She has had a wonderful afternoon swimming with my friend. I've been> watching. Now I know I'm fortunate that I have a wonderful friend that> is more than happy to take Lili swimming, I know that Lili is also> fortunate in that same friend. She has been such a rock while she has> been going through her own troubles.> > But it should be ME. I'm the one that should be taking my daughter> swimming. I should be able to take her to the park to run round with> her, to carry her upstairs when she's fallen asleep on the sofa.> >> >> >> >> ________________________________________________________________________\> ____________> > Be a better friend, newshound, and> > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.> http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ> >>

Guest guest

Z, You must have forgotten something!!!!! If I can feel the love pouring out for Lili, I can only imagine how it must cradle her in that warm glow that only comes from knowing you are truly loved. There are abused and abandoned children all over this planet, just wishing they had someone like you in there lives. As much as I realize, you so want it to be you, I feel she is a very lucky little girl! From my heart, I wish I'd have had that from my mother. I hope this is helping you look at the positive side. There is no one who hasn't tons to give, and feeling your heart in that post, you may have more than most. I love you my friend, so I'm sending you a hug. Hang on to it! Terry Zena wrote: There are times when I really hate this disease. I hate what it takes away from me. It's stopping me from doing things with my daughter, and that is unforgivable. She has had a wonderful afternoon swimming with my friend. I've been watching. Now I know I'm fortunate that I have a wonderful friend that is more than happy to take Lili swimming, I know that Lili is also fortunate in that same friend. She has been such a

rock while she has been going through her own troubles. But it should be ME. I'm the one that should be taking my daughter swimming. I should be able to take her to the park to run round with her, to carry her upstairs when she's fallen asleep on the sofa. Terry Pennisi 11/07 IPF Nevada

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Thanks Terri> There are times when I really hate this disease. I hate what it takes away from me.> It's stopping me from doing things with my daughter, and that is unforgivable.> She has had a wonderful afternoon swimming with my friend. I've been watching. Now I know I'm fortunate that I have a wonderful friend that is more than happy to take Lili swimming, I know that Lili is also fortunate in that same friend. She has been such a rock while she has been going through her own troubles.> But it should be ME. I'm the one that should be taking my daughter swimming. I should be able to take her to the park to run round with her, to carry her upstairs when she's fallen asleep on the sofa.> > > > > > > Terry Pennisi 11/07 IPF Nevada> > ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.>

Guest guest

Z honey, I am so sorry you have to experance this kind of stuff. When Lilli gets out and you get her home just give her a good warm hold. It will help your heart..I HATE THIS DISEASE TOO. Love and Prayers, PeggyIPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up." There are times when I really hate this disease.  I hate what it takes away from me.It's stopping me from doing things with my daughter, and that is unforgivable.She has had a wonderful afternoon swimming with my friend.  I've been watching.  Now I know I'm fortunate that I have a wonderful friend that is more than happy to take Lili swimming,  I know that Lili is also fortunate in that same friend.  She has been such a rock while she has been going through her own troubles.But it should be ME.  I'm the one that should be taking my daughter swimming.   I should be able to take her to the park to run round with her, to carry her upstairs when she's fallen asleep on the sofa.

Guest guest

I soooo understand. The worst so far was this winter when it snowed

because I cough like crazy w/ the cold and it just takes my breath

away. I had to just watch my sister, my Dad, my husband and my

sister in law take the kids out to play in the snow, run, have

snowball fights, make snowmen, etc. I could only watch from the

window. To even go out there and stand would just have been a

coughing attack and probably get me sick too. The best snow day I

actually took the screen off the back window so I could take

pictures of my husband and my kids playing in the snow. We handed

the camera back and forth actually. It was a life in the bubble

moment, but all I could do was say well I'm hear to laugh w/ them

and smile and say yes, I see you. I yelled " Throw it at Daddy "

or " make a snow angel " and cheer the fun on. I tried to enjoy the

being there for it and the take what I can get because I want to be

here to at least see every moment of these kids life and participate

to the extent I can because I love them sooo much. I think that's

why I'm in such a better mood though now that it's spring... I can

participate a little more and I am thoroughly enjoying the being

outside part of it. It's better to watch from the deck or porch or

on the lawn w/ them instead of from the window or door. I even took

my E tank out and stood in goal to " play " soccer w/ the kids to get

them ready for the season. I'm a hell of a goalie actually. I also

walked around slowly and played a little w/ my son and his plastic

golf set. And I posted of all the fun we had on the deck. He wants

me down playing in the yard and I do what I can. That's all we can

do. I know it's hard not to get caught up in the loss of what we

can't do, but like I said I try not to think about the " bubble " I

feel stuck in sometimes and while I want a better quality of life

and really be participating in the kids lives, I'll take what I can

get because I want any part of it I can I just love them so much.

After napping w/ Kurt yesterday I just laid there staring at him and

thought he's the most perfect creature God ever created. Of course

both of my babies are I look at them and just to be able to do that

is enough sometimes.

Love to you Ze,

Kiss Lili and smile!

Kerry

37 IPF '01 S. IN

>

>

> There are times when I really hate this disease. I hate what it

takes

> away from me.

>

> It's stopping me from doing things with my daughter, and that is

> unforgivable.

>

> She has had a wonderful afternoon swimming with my friend. I've

been

> watching. Now I know I'm fortunate that I have a wonderful friend

that

> is more than happy to take Lili swimming, I know that Lili is also

> fortunate in that same friend. She has been such a rock while she

has

> been going through her own troubles.

>

> But it should be ME. I'm the one that should be taking my daughter

> swimming. I should be able to take her to the park to run round

with

> her, to carry her upstairs when she's fallen asleep on the sofa.

>

Guest guest

You know what Kerry, usually I'm happy to watch Lili enjoying herself, the important thing is that she IS enjoying herself. I don't know why I felt so bad about it yesterday. The pool was quite full when we got there, with mums and dads playing with their kids. I don't know if that had something to do with it. I do know that she misses out on some things because I'm not up to doing stuff, and now that I have to work out how much O2 I have to take with me can curtail things for her again.

Good for you for being a hell of a goalie I still look at Lili and wonder how I (well, we) managed to create something so perfect as Lili. And I've been very lucky, she's a very good girl really. Naughty enough to convince me that she's normal, but she does try to be helpful.

Love Ze xx> >> > > > There are times when I really hate this disease. I hate what it > takes> > away from me.> > > > It's stopping me from doing things with my daughter, and that is> > unforgivable.> > > > She has had a wonderful afternoon swimming with my friend. I've > been> > watching. Now I know I'm fortunate that I have a wonderful friend > that> > is more than happy to take Lili swimming, I know that Lili is also> > fortunate in that same friend. She has been such a rock while she > has> > been going through her own troubles.> > > > But it should be ME. I'm the one that should be taking my daughter> > swimming. I should be able to take her to the park to run round > with> > her, to carry her upstairs when she's fallen asleep on the sofa.> >>

Guest guest

Thanks Peggy xxx> > > There are times when I really hate this disease. I hate what it > takes away from me.> > It's stopping me from doing things with my daughter, and that is > unforgivable.> > She has had a wonderful afternoon swimming with my friend. I've been > watching. Now I know I'm fortunate that I have a wonderful friend > that is more than happy to take Lili swimming, I know that Lili is > also fortunate in that same friend. She has been such a rock while > she has been going through her own troubles.> > But it should be ME. I'm the one that should be taking my daughter > swimming. I should be able to take her to the park to run round > with her, to carry her upstairs when she's fallen asleep on the sofa.>