RemedySpot.com

Re: Caro and prednisone

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Caro,

Usually (but not always unfortunately) the pharmacy will put a label on the prednisone that says something like, 'Take with food'. Prednisone should ALWAYS be taken on a full stomach. It can be very hard on the digestion so be aware of that and never take it on an empty stomach.

The nurse is correct about prednisone being a good drug to combat inflammation but it does come at a cost. Take it very easy on yourself while you are adjusting

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Imuran and prednisone

Hi All,Well, the nurse did not call me back yesterday, so I called them back first thing this morning, as after being nauseous as heck for 2 weeks, I finally threw up twice last night in the middle of the night. Told her I still felt nauseous this morning. She said the prednisone is probably what is making me sick. I told her about the advice from the group and she agreed that prednisone will make you have the shakes and nausea. She said it is a "good drug" for the inflammation in the lungs, but it is a HARD drug, and it will take some adjustment on my part. I have been taking it before 9 a.m., then eating breakfast. She told me to try eating breakfast first, and then take it and see if that would help. So if I am not better by Monday morning, I am to call back and they want to see me to be sure I do not dehydrate. So far no vomiting today, but I sure do feel like it is coming. Hope

everyone has a wonderful weekend and I have to agree -- THIS DISEASE TOTALLY SUCKS!!Caro

Guest guest

I probably shouldn't but I usually don't pay attention to those labels. I am not a big eater anyway. I always eat little bits here and there on the run. I have rarely ever sat down and ate a full course meal unless it was a family get together or something and even then, I am usually running around helping feed the kids or something. I will try and take it easy but it won't be easy!! LOL!! Caro Beth wrote: Caro, Usually (but not always unfortunately) the pharmacy will put a label on the prednisone that says something like, 'Take with food'. Prednisone should ALWAYS be taken on a full stomach. It can be very hard on the digestion so be aware of that and never take it on an empty stomach. The nurse is correct about prednisone being a good drug to combat inflammation but it does come at a cost. Take it very easy on yourself while you are adjusting Beth Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Change everything. Love and Forgive Imuran and prednisone Hi All,Well, the nurse did not call me back yesterday, so I called them back first thing this morning, as after being nauseous as heck for 2 weeks, I finally threw up twice last night in the middle of the night. Told her I still felt nauseous this morning. She said the prednisone is probably what is making me sick. I told her about the advice from the group and she agreed that prednisone will make you have the shakes and nausea. She said it is a "good drug" for the inflammation in the lungs, but it is a HARD drug, and it will take some adjustment on my part. I have been taking it before 9 a.m., then eating breakfast. She told me to try eating breakfast first, and then take it and see if that would help. So if I am

not better by Monday morning, I am to call back and they want to see me to be sure I do not dehydrate. So far no vomiting today, but I sure do feel like it is coming. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and I have to agree -- THIS DISEASE TOTALLY SUCKS!!Caro CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi __________________________________________________