RemedySpot.com

Re: to Bruce, Ze, , & Lou

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

gWYNNIE... Always good to see a post from you! You are such an inspiration to me. Even tho' I will never have a transplant I can still try for your strength and stamina under tough conditions.

You're the best.

A warm Mama hug.........

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

to Bruce, Ze, , & Lou

Thank you buddy. Couldn't have said it better myself.A big part of fighting for your health, whether pre orpost tx, is pushing forward through adversity, throughthe pain even, with as little whining as possible whilestill being realistic about your limitations and takingthe best care possible of yourself. No excuses. This isa lifetime and a life style commitment, but in return youget quality of life, or in my case, life period.Keep active, however you define active for your currentsituation. Right now, I'm trying not to set any recordsfor the length of my walks, although it does seem likeI'm going quite far. Instead, it helps with the pain tomove more often and take shorter, more frequentwalks instead. I notice that already my posture is alittle better and I stand a little straighter when I walk.But I keep forgetting to correct you on one thing:San didn't arrange for the p.t. who wascoming to my house pre-tx. That was through thesame rehab center where I had attended pulmonaryrehab before. I had to pay her out-of-pocket, justas you would for a personal trainer. But San was all in favor of doing whatever meager exerciseI was capable of accomplishing. My p.t. and I hadjust had a talk the week before transplant that shewould no longer come. The laps were more than Icould do any more, no matter how slowly. And Ididn't need to pay her to watch me do therecumbent bike. I am awfully glad I did whatever Iwas capable of doing for as long as possible, though.It really helps if you have some leg and core strengthto see you through this side. Even the tremors canmake you feel sooo weak. I burned myself today (notbadly) stirring a cup of coffee due to my hands shakingso spastically.Zena, My heart aches for your pain. It makes me angry,damnit. You are such a loving mother, though, and Liliknows that above all else she means the world to you.No one else gives her that. No one else can be you toher, no matter what activities you have to curtail. ButI know it hurts and is horribly unfair. Thank God forour dear friends who help see us through. I'm sendingyou wishes for strength and courage, sweet young mother.Thanks so very much for your words of encouragementand friendship to me., Thank you for your touching words of supportand caring. Every word spoken from the heart from afriend makes me stronger, lifts me up, and helps me stayfocused on my important job of healing. I try to takebreaths every day FOR you guys, as if I'm sending airfrom me to you to help ease the way. A friend did thisfor me in prayer before transplant, and I swear we hadsome amazing experiences.You had 4 of your children at home?????? WOW. Lou, Take good care of yourself as you mend.You've been through a lot. I hope you feel better witheach passing day. Eye problems are so scary to me.Sending out prayers for our Queen.Hugs and blessings,Gwynnie 57 Transplanted 4-3-08 UTHSC San, TX on my birthday!

Guest guest

Hi Gwynne,

Thankyou for your words and thoughts xxx

>> Thank you buddy. Couldn't have said it better myself.> A big part of fighting for your health, whether pre or> post tx, is pushing forward through adversity, through> the pain even, with as little whining as possible while> still being realistic about your limitations and taking> the best care possible of yourself. No excuses. This is> a lifetime and a life style commitment, but in return you> get quality of life, or in my case, life period.> Keep active, however you define active for your current> situation. Right now, I'm trying not to set any records> for the length of my walks, although it does seem like> I'm going quite far. Instead, it helps with the pain to> move more often and take shorter, more frequent> walks instead. I notice that already my posture is a> little better and I stand a little straighter when I walk.> > But I keep forgetting to correct you on one thing:> San didn't arrange for the p.t. who was> coming to my house pre-tx. That was through the> same rehab center where I had attended pulmonary> rehab before. I had to pay her out-of-pocket, just> as you would for a personal trainer. But San > was all in favor of doing whatever meager exercise> I was capable of accomplishing. My p.t. and I had> just had a talk the week before transplant that she> would no longer come. The laps were more than I> could do any more, no matter how slowly. And I> didn't need to pay her to watch me do the> recumbent bike. I am awfully glad I did whatever I> was capable of doing for as long as possible, though.> It really helps if you have some leg and core strength> to see you through this side. Even the tremors can> make you feel sooo weak. I burned myself today (not> badly) stirring a cup of coffee due to my hands shaking> so spastically.> > Zena, My heart aches for your pain. It makes me angry,> damnit. You are such a loving mother, though, and Lili> knows that above all else she means the world to you.> No one else gives her that. No one else can be you to> her, no matter what activities you have to curtail. But> I know it hurts and is horribly unfair. Thank God for> our dear friends who help see us through. I'm sending> you wishes for strength and courage, sweet young mother.> Thanks so very much for your words of encouragement> and friendship to me.> > , Thank you for your touching words of support> and caring. Every word spoken from the heart from a> friend makes me stronger, lifts me up, and helps me stay> focused on my important job of healing. I try to take> breaths every day FOR you guys, as if I'm sending air> from me to you to help ease the way. A friend did this> for me in prayer before transplant, and I swear we had> some amazing experiences.> You had 4 of your children at home?????? WOW.> > Lou, Take good care of yourself as you mend.> You've been through a lot. I hope you feel better with> each passing day. Eye problems are so scary to me.> > Sending out prayers for our Queen.> > Hugs and blessings,> Gwynnie 57 Transplanted 4-3-08 UTHSC San> , TX on my birthday!>