RemedySpot.com

Re: Mammo and bone scan

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Caro,

With the Vit B12 injections, I get them also once a month. I have my family dr give me the injections...I used to do the injections

myself at home.

Whenever I had a bone scan, I just lay there thinking of the blue sea and were I wanted to be instead of laying on the table. Now

I don't get them as often because I'm not on Prednisone anymore and can't never go back on it.

As far as the Mammo, ouch! I need to have them done once a year, because of cysts. I haven't done it this year and I'm overdue by

4 months.

Most probably after my recovery, I will make an appointment to have it done.

Irene

---- Original Message ----

To: Breathe-Support

Sent: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 4:09 pm

Subject: Mammo and bone scan

Hi all,

Well, I had the mammo and bone scan done today. Oh, how I just loved

getting my "B-B's" as she called it, smushed up in that steam

press!! She actually pinched me!! OUCH!! I know she didn't mean

to, she was really nice, but still --!! The bone scan was a breeze.

All I had to was just lay there and the thing scanned my bones. The

worst part was at the end when she had to get a better view of my hip

and I had to twist my left foot to turn in to facing the right foot

and I had to lay that way for what seemed like forever. God, I have

an awful cramp by the time I was done. I got a phone call from the

doc right before I left to go for the x-rays about my blood work from

Wednesday and the nurse said my B12 level was extremely low and they

want to start me on B12 injections. Have to get one Monday, one

Tuesday, and one Wednesday, then once a week for a month, and then

once a month for the rest of my life.

And that is all I know for you. I took the Cymbalta last night. My

legs didn't ache, but I still didn't sleep very well. I kept waking

up off and on, probably slept maybe 3 or 4 hours total but at least

without pain, so I guess that was a good thing. I woke up this

morning like I was in a fog or something. Felt like I was in the

Twilight Zone!! I am thinking, man, if the 30 mg does that what in

the world is going to happen when I up it to 60 next week??!!

Guess only time will tell. At least I am not feeling so nauseous

today.

How is everyone out there doing today? R we ready for the

weekend?!! We have tornado warnings and flood warnings here AGAIN.

Has rained here nearly all day and is storming now. They are

predicting bad hail storm in another hour or so, so I probably won't

be on this PC while it is storming.

Hope you all have a great night and a wonderful weekend!! Thanks so

much for listening!!

Caro

Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment – with a Canadian perspective.

Guest guest

I guess I must be a wuss or something. I am afraid to give myself an injection. Guess if it came down to it, I would do it, but I am just too scared. You do need to schedule for a mammo if you have cysts. Mine was just routine screening cuz I have a family history of breast cancer in my mom's sister. She had both breasts removed in her 40s. I should have thought about the deep blue sea when I was lying there. I was actually trying to read the expression on the nurse's face when she was looking at my monitor results, even though I know that is not a good thing to do.CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi

Subject: Re: Mammo and bone scanTo: Breathe-Support Date: Friday, April 18, 2008, 4:37 PM

Hi Caro,With the Vit B12 injections, I get them also once a month. I have my family dr give me the injections.. .I used to do the injectionsmyself at home.Whenever I had a bone scan, I just lay there thinking of the blue sea and were I wanted to be instead of laying on the table. Now I don't get them as often because I'm not on Prednisone anymore and can't never go back on it.As far as the Mammo, ouch! I need to have them done once a year, because of cysts. I haven't done it this year and I'm overdue by4 months.Most probably after my recovery, I will make an appointment to have it done.Irene---- Original Message ----From: carowade4444 <carowade4444@ yahoo.com>To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comSent: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 4:09 pmSubject: Mammo and bone scan

Hi all,Well, I had the mammo and bone scan done today. Oh, how I just loved getting my "B-B's" as she called it, smushed up in that steam press!! She actually pinched me!! OUCH!! I know she didn't mean to, she was really nice, but still --!! The bone scan was a breeze. All I had to was just lay there and the thing scanned my bones. The worst part was at the end when she had to get a better view of my hip and I had to twist my left foot to turn in to facing the right foot and I had to lay that way for what seemed like forever. God, I have an awful cramp by the time I was done. I got a phone call from the doc right before I left to go for the x-rays about my blood work from Wednesday and the nurse said my B12 level was extremely low and they want to start me on B12 injections. Have to get one Monday, one Tuesday, and one Wednesday, then once a week for a month, and then once a month for the

rest of my life.And that is all I know for you. I took the Cymbalta last night. My legs didn't ache, but I still didn't sleep very well. I kept waking up off and on, probably slept maybe 3 or 4 hours total but at least without pain, so I guess that was a good thing. I woke up this morning like I was in a fog or something. Felt like I was in the Twilight Zone!! I am thinking, man, if the 30 mg does that what in the world is going to happen when I up it to 60 next week??!! Guess only time will tell. At least I am not feeling so nauseous today.How is everyone out there doing today? R we ready for the weekend?!! We have tornado warnings and flood warnings here AGAIN. Has rained here nearly all day and is storming now. They are predicting bad hail storm in another hour or so, so I probably won't be on this PC while it is storming.Hope you all have a great night and a wonderful

weekend!! Thanks so much for listening!!Caro

Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment – with a Canadian perspective.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Hi Caro, I gave myself B12 shots for about 8 or 9 months as per my pcp. The last time my pulm Dr. did my blood work I askher to check my B12.. it was perfect. I hadn't had a shot for months so that wasn't a factor.  Have it checked again in a few months. The shots are so small I did it and hardly felt a thing.  Love and Prayers, PeggyIPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up." I guess I must be a wuss or something.  I am afraid to give myself an injection.  Guess if it came down to it, I would do it, but I am just too scared.  You do need to schedule for a mammo if you have cysts. Mine was just routine screening cuz I have a family history of breast cancer in my mom's sister.  She had both breasts removed in her 40s.  I should have thought about the deep blue sea when I was lying there.  I was actually trying to read the expression on the nurse's face when she was looking at my monitor results, even though I know that is not a good thing to do.CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi--- On Fri, 4/18/08, Irn3189aim <Irn3189aim> wrote:From: Irn3189aim <Irn3189aim>Subject: Re: Mammo and bone scanTo: Breathe-Support Date: Friday, April 18, 2008, 4:37 PMHi Caro,With the Vit B12 injections, I get them also once a month. I have my family dr give me the injections.. .I used to do the injectionsmyself at home.Whenever I had a bone scan, I just lay there thinking of the blue sea and were I wanted to be instead of laying on the table. Now I don't get them as often because I'm not on Prednisone anymore and can't never go back on it.As far as the Mammo, ouch! I need to have them done once a year, because of cysts. I haven't done it this year and I'm overdue by4 months.Most probably after my recovery, I will make an appointment to have it done.Irene---- Original Message ----From: carowade4444 <carowade4444@ yahoo.com>To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comSent: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 4:09 pmSubject: Mammo and bone scanHi all,Well, I had the mammo and bone scan done today. Oh, how I just loved getting my "B-B's" as she called it, smushed up in that steam press!! She actually pinched me!! OUCH!! I know she didn't mean to, she was really nice, but still --!! The bone scan was a breeze. All I had to was just lay there and the thing scanned my bones. The worst part was at the end when she had to get a better view of my hip and I had to twist my left foot to turn in to facing the right foot and I had to lay that way for what seemed like forever. God, I have an awful cramp by the time I was done. I got a phone call from the doc right before I left to go for the x-rays about my blood work from Wednesday and the nurse said my B12 level was extremely low and they want to start me on B12 injections. Have to get one Monday, one Tuesday, and one Wednesday, then once a week for a month, and then once a month for the rest of my life.And that is all I know for you. I took the Cymbalta last night. My legs didn't ache, but I still didn't sleep very well. I kept waking up off and on, probably slept maybe 3 or 4 hours total but at least without pain, so I guess that was a good thing. I woke up this morning like I was in a fog or something. Felt like I was in the Twilight Zone!! I am thinking, man, if the 30 mg does that what in the world is going to happen when I up it to 60 next week??!! Guess only time will tell. At least I am not feeling so nauseous today.How is everyone out there doing today? R we ready for the weekend?!! We have tornado warnings and flood warnings here AGAIN. Has rained here nearly all day and is storming now. They are predicting bad hail storm in another hour or so, so I probably won't be on this PC while it is storming.Hope you all have a great night and a wonderful weekend!! Thanks so much for listening!!CaroMeet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment – with a Canadian perspective.Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Caro...I sure hope the Cymbalta is successful for you. Helps w/depression as well as PAIN. Give yourself some time to adjust...........

BTW....how's about you posting a picture to the web? No point in you being left out!

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Mammo and bone scan

Hi all,Well, I had the mammo and bone scan done today. Oh, how I just loved getting my "B-B's" as she called it, smushed up in that steam press!! She actually pinched me!! OUCH!! I know she didn't mean to, she was really nice, but still --!! The bone scan was a breeze. All I had to was just lay there and the thing scanned my bones. The worst part was at the end when she had to get a better view of my hip and I had to twist my left foot to turn in to facing the right foot and I had to lay that way for what seemed like forever. God, I have an awful cramp by the time I was done. I got a phone call from the doc right before I left to go for the x-rays about my blood work from Wednesday and the nurse said my B12 level was extremely low and they want to start me on B12 injections. Have to get one Monday, one Tuesday, and one Wednesday, then once a week for a month, and then once a month for the rest of my life.And that is all I know for you. I took the Cymbalta last night. My legs didn't ache, but I still didn't sleep very well. I kept waking up off and on, probably slept maybe 3 or 4 hours total but at least without pain, so I guess that was a good thing. I woke up this morning like I was in a fog or something. Felt like I was in the Twilight Zone!! I am thinking, man, if the 30 mg does that what in the world is going to happen when I up it to 60 next week??!! Guess only time will tell. At least I am not feeling so nauseous today.How is everyone out there doing today? R we ready for the weekend?!! We have tornado warnings and flood warnings here AGAIN. Has rained here nearly all day and is storming now. They are predicting bad hail storm in another hour or so, so I probably won't be on this PC while it is storming.Hope you all have a great night and a wonderful weekend!! Thanks so much for listening!!Caro

Guest guest

Maybe I won't have to have them the rest of my life then!!

CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi

From: Irn3189aim (DOT) com <Irn3189aim (DOT) com>Subject: Re: Mammo and bone scanTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Friday, April 18, 2008, 4:37 PM

Hi Caro,With the Vit B12 injections, I get them also once a month. I have my family dr give me the injections.. .I used to do the injectionsmyself at home.Whenever I had a bone scan, I just lay there thinking of the blue sea and were I wanted to be instead of laying on the table. Now I don't get them as often because I'm not on Prednisone anymore and can't never go back on it.As far as the Mammo, ouch! I need to have them done once a year, because of cysts. I haven't done it this year and I'm overdue by4 months.Most probably after my recovery, I will make an appointment to have it done.Irene---- Original Message ----From: carowade4444 <carowade4444@ yahoo.com>To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comSent: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 4:09 pmSubject: Mammo and bone scan

Hi all,Well, I had the mammo and bone scan done today. Oh, how I just loved getting my "B-B's" as she called it, smushed up in that steam press!! She actually pinched me!! OUCH!! I know she didn't mean to, she was really nice, but still --!! The bone scan was a breeze. All I had to was just lay there and the thing scanned my bones. The worst part was at the end when she had to get a better view of my hip and I had to twist my left foot to turn in to facing the right foot and I had to lay that way for what seemed like forever. God, I have an awful

cramp by the time I was done. I got a phone call from the doc right before I left to go for the x-rays about my blood work from Wednesday and the nurse said my B12 level was extremely low and they want to start me on B12 injections. Have to get one Monday, one Tuesday, and one Wednesday, then once a week for a month, and then once a month for the rest of my life.And that is all I know for you. I took the Cymbalta last night. My legs didn't ache, but I still didn't sleep very well. I kept waking up off and on, probably slept maybe 3 or 4 hours total but at least without pain, so I guess that was a good thing. I woke up this morning like I was in a fog or something. Felt like I was in the Twilight Zone!! I am thinking, man, if the 30 mg does that what in the world is going to happen when I up it to 60 next week??!! Guess only time will tell. At least I am not feeling so nauseous today.How is everyone out there doing today? R we ready for the weekend?!! We have tornado warnings and flood warnings here AGAIN. Has rained here nearly all day and is storming now. They are predicting bad hail storm in another hour or so, so I probably won't be on this PC while it is storming.Hope you all have a great night and a wonderful weekend!! Thanks so much for listening!!Caro

Guest guest

Good idea. I will see if I can find one! Thanks Sher!!CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi

Subject: Re: Mammo and bone scanTo: Breathe-Support Date: Friday, April 18, 2008, 4:55 PM

Caro...I sure hope the Cymbalta is successful for you. Helps w/depression as well as PAIN. Give yourself some time to adjust...... .....

BTW....how's about you posting a picture to the web? No point in you being left out!

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Mammo and bone scan

Hi all,Well, I had the mammo and bone scan done today. Oh, how I just loved getting my "B-B's" as she called it, smushed up in that steam press!! She actually pinched me!! OUCH!! I know she didn't mean to, she was really nice, but still --!! The bone scan was a breeze. All I had to was just lay there and the thing scanned my bones. The worst part was at the end when she had to get a better view of my hip and I had to twist my left foot to turn in to facing the right foot and I had to lay that way for what seemed like forever. God, I have an awful cramp by the time I was done. I got a phone call from the doc right before I left to go for the x-rays about my blood work from Wednesday and the nurse said my B12 level was extremely low and they want to start me on B12 injections. Have to get one Monday, one Tuesday, and one Wednesday, then once a week for a month, and then once a month for the

rest of my life.And that is all I know for you. I took the Cymbalta last night. My legs didn't ache, but I still didn't sleep very well. I kept waking up off and on, probably slept maybe 3 or 4 hours total but at least without pain, so I guess that was a good thing. I woke up this morning like I was in a fog or something. Felt like I was in the Twilight Zone!! I am thinking, man, if the 30 mg does that what in the world is going to happen when I up it to 60 next week??!! Guess only time will tell. At least I am not feeling so nauseous today.How is everyone out there doing today? R we ready for the weekend?!! We have tornado warnings and flood warnings here AGAIN. Has rained here nearly all day and is storming now. They are predicting bad hail storm in another hour or so, so I probably won't be on this PC while it is storming.Hope you all have a great night and a wonderful

Guest guest

Caro,

I am such a chicken when it comes to shots I had 4 of my six kids at home so I wouldn't have to have an IV! I have to close my eyes whenever they give someone an injection on tv. Needless to say I am having to get over this with PF.

Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California

Mammo and bone scan

Guest guest

- really - 4 kids at home? Girlfriend - you win. Whatever

the contest, you just win. That is one of the most impressive things

I've ever heard of anyone doing.

S

>

> From: Irn3189aim (DOT) com <Irn3189aim (DOT) com>

> Subject: Re: Mammo and bone scan

> To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com

> Date: Friday, April 18, 2008, 4:37 PM

>

>

> Hi Caro,

>

> With the Vit B12 injections, I get them also once a month. I have

my family dr give me the injections.. .I used to do the injections

> myself at home.

>

> Whenever I had a bone scan, I just lay there thinking of the blue

sea and were I wanted to be instead of laying on the table. Now

> I don't get them as often because I'm not on Prednisone anymore and

can't never go back on it.

>

> As far as the Mammo, ouch! I need to have them done once a year,

because of cysts. I haven't done it this year and I'm overdue by

> 4 months.

>

> Most probably after my recovery, I will make an appointment to have

it done.

>

> Irene

>

> ---- Original Message ----

> From: carowade4444 <carowade4444@ yahoo.com>

> To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com

> Sent: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 4:09 pm

> Subject: Mammo and bone scan

>

>

> Hi all,

>

> Well, I had the mammo and bone scan done today. Oh, how I just

loved

> getting my " B-B's " as she called it, smushed up in that steam

> press!! She actually pinched me!! OUCH!! I know she didn't mean

> to, she was really nice, but still --!! The bone scan was a breeze.

> All I had to was just lay there and the thing scanned my bones. The

> worst part was at the end when she had to get a better view of my

hip

> and I had to twist my left foot to turn in to facing the right foot

> and I had to lay that way for what seemed like forever. God, I have

> an awful cramp by the time I was done. I got a phone call from the

> doc right before I left to go for the x-rays about my blood work

from

> Wednesday and the nurse said my B12 level was extremely low and

they

> want to start me on B12 injections. Have to get one Monday, one

> Tuesday, and one Wednesday, then once a week for a month, and then

> once a month for the rest of my life.

>

> And that is all I know for you. I took the Cymbalta last night. My

> legs didn't ache, but I still didn't sleep very well. I kept waking

> up off and on, probably slept maybe 3 or 4 hours total but at least

> without pain, so I guess that was a good thing. I woke up this

> morning like I was in a fog or something. Felt like I was in the

> Twilight Zone!! I am thinking, man, if the 30 mg does that what in

> the world is going to happen when I up it to 60 next week??!!

>

> Guess only time will tell. At least I am not feeling so nauseous

> today.

>

> How is everyone out there doing today? R we ready for the

> weekend?!! We have tornado warnings and flood warnings here AGAIN.

> Has rained here nearly all day and is storming now. They are

> predicting bad hail storm in another hour or so, so I probably

won't

> be on this PC while it is storming.

>

> Hope you all have a great night and a wonderful weekend!! Thanks so

> much for listening!!

>

> Caro

>

>

>

>

> Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news &

entertainment – with a Canadian perspective.

>

>

>

>

>

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.

Try it now.

>

>

>

>

> Be a better friend, newshound, and

> know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

>

Guest guest

Whenever I get a shot at the doctor's office, I always turn my head the opposite direction and close my eyes!!CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi

From: Irn3189aim (DOT) com <Irn3189aim (DOT) com>Subject: Re: Mammo and bone scanTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Friday, April 18, 2008, 4:37 PM