and lack of oxygen.

I know that being able to get the oxygen I needed allowed me to do more

physically and in turn that has given me more mental energy. I've seen

that in you, from Walmart to the Treadmill to more around the house, to

the super super highly secret project.

You should be very proud of just how much more you're doing today than

you were doing three months ago. If anyone needs an example of what

oxygen can do to quality of life, you are one. Now Dr. SGIO may have

helped some too with her ideas a insistence.

But, I see all you did yesterday and I'm just so thrilled for you.

> >

> > Babs... I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. At least I see a

post.

> > I love bartering but seems like people don't do it much anymore. I

> can never seem to find a good " barter " where I come out even. LOL.

> > I like Craig's List too...........

> > I've been working on my little " project " for a few hours. Boy, I

> poop out a whole lot sooner than I used to. I could work on a project

> all day long... now my arthritic hands freeze up and my back hurts

> and.........wah wah wah............heheeee

> > Typing a little bit loosens my hands some so I've done that now I

> think I'll go watch some TV.

> > Later gator!

> > Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.

> > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

> >

> > OT/My pink fishing pole, and other

> Sunday ramblings

> >

> >

> > Chaz bought me a pink fishing pole the other day at the Bass Pro

Shop

> > in San . We were going to go out fishing in the boat today at

> > Canyon Lake, but he has another one of his headaches (not sure

what's

> > causing them, we think he needs an MRI and he has no health

insurance)

> > so instead I'm sitting here at the desk playing around on the

> internet.

> > Just as well, because we forgot that I don't have a fishing license

> > and I'm such a namby-pamby that I won't risk being caught and fined.

> > No cashola for the dang thing anyway....sucks being poor.

> > Do any of you barter? Just asking, 'cuz that's how my Chaz got his

> > boat. There's a well-to-do builder that he works for, and Chaz just

> > asked " would you buy this boat for me in exhange for underground

> > utility work " and the man said Yes! Done deal. The Chaz loves his

> > boat, and the builder gets his works done and charges the customer

> > more than the asking price of the boat. So really, the only one out

> > anything here is the poor homeowner, and they are VERY wealthy and

can

> > well afford the overage, and of course they get their underground

> > utilities put in. That's me justifying the whole deal.... :)

> > We did some other bartering recently too, and I got some lovely

> > jewelry out of the transaction. Just seems a neat way to me to rid

> > oneself of stuff not being used, and gain something you need. Well,

I

> > didn't NEED the jewelry.....LOL!

> > We also planted some veggie plants today. We do our gardening in

> > containers to make it easier on me. We planted squash, tomatoes,

> > jalapenos and hmmmmm....forgot what else. Now that there's a Home

> > Depot only 4 miles away we should be able to keep a very lovely

> > container garden. My one rose bush that I planted is doing

> > spectacularly well, and one more is on the way. I'm going to

> > eventually plant them in half-barrels. Trying to dig holes in this

> > Hill Country rock is next to impossible.

> > Chaz just came in and said No Fishing today. His head still hurts.

> > Gives me time to get my license and be legal.

> > The next thing we may barter for is a motor home. That's the only

way

> > to go camping, in my opinion. Well, other than a Holiday Inn....LOL!

> > Oh, this all reminds me of the biggest barter we ever did. When Chaz

> > was 35, he got food poisoning, which caused a UTI, which in turn

> > caused peridcarditis, and he had a mild heart attack. We got him to

> > the hospital in time and there was very minimal damage done. The

real

> > damage was to our finances, because at that time (again) we weren't

> > insured. The cardiologist had just bought a house and needed lots of

> > electrical work, so Chaz performed $4k worth of work on his house in

> > exchange for all of the doctor bills! We still owed the hospital

$4k,

> > but were able to pay them off slowly.

> > So, we love to barter. We check Craigslist every day for things,

which

> > is how I got my jewelry.

> > Ummmm, I gotta go now. Craigslist is calling my name...... :)

> > Hope each and every one of you is enjoying a lovely Sunday.

> > YAY for Spring!!!!

> > Hugs!

> > Babs

> >

>

Guest guest

Bruce... as always, thanks for your encouragement. I really am trying to do more and it comes mainly from encouraging little messages from the board members. Yeah, even dr scilly! lol.

I have a couple of projects to do in the apt today and must make myself get up from the computer shortly and go do them ! I spend too much time here...I admit it...and don't "move around" enough. Got a good start yesterday cleaning house and now today doing stuff that I couldn't finish yesterday. THEN, taaaa daaaaa! On to my secret project. If my arthritic hands would hold out I could be finished in a day or two. (BTW...I tell myself I 'need' to type, it helps my hands... )

It's funny, I seldom check my oximeter unless I'm really sob bigtime. Seems like my sats are seldom down enough to "require" O2 so why bother checking? When I do get sob bigtime, I just use O2 for awhile, rest awhile and don't care what sats are.

I'm always grinning when I see what you do too Bruce!

Have a good one.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

OT/My pink fishing pole, and other> Sunday ramblings> >> >> > Chaz bought me a pink fishing pole the other day at the Bass ProShop> > in San . We were going to go out fishing in the boat today at> > Canyon Lake, but he has another one of his headaches (not surewhat's> > causing them, we think he needs an MRI and he has no healthinsurance)> > so instead I'm sitting here at the desk playing around on the> internet.> > Just as well, because we forgot that I don't have a fishing license> > and I'm such a namby-pamby that I won't risk being caught and fined.> > No cashola for the dang thing anyway....sucks being poor.> > Do any of you barter? Just asking, 'cuz that's how my Chaz got his> > boat. There's a well-to-do builder that he works for, and Chaz just> > asked "would you buy this boat for me in exhange for underground> > utility work" and the man said Yes! Done deal. The Chaz loves his> > boat, and the builder gets his works done and charges the customer> > more than the asking price of the boat. So really, the only one out> > anything here is the poor homeowner, and they are VERY wealthy andcan> > well afford the overage, and of course they get their underground> > utilities put in. That's me justifying the whole deal.... :)> > We did some other bartering recently too, and I got some lovely> > jewelry out of the transaction. Just seems a neat way to me to rid> > oneself of stuff not being used, and gain something you need. Well,I> > didn't NEED the jewelry.....LOL!> > We also planted some veggie plants today. We do our gardening in> > containers to make it easier on me. We planted squash, tomatoes,> > jalapenos and hmmmmm....forgot what else. Now that there's a Home> > Depot only 4 miles away we should be able to keep a very lovely> > container garden. My one rose bush that I planted is doing> > spectacularly well, and one more is on the way. I'm going to> > eventually plant them in half-barrels. Trying to dig holes in this> > Hill Country rock is next to impossible.> > Chaz just came in and said No Fishing today. His head still hurts.> > Gives me time to get my license and be legal.> > The next thing we may barter for is a motor home. That's the onlyway> > to go camping, in my opinion. Well, other than a Holiday Inn....LOL!> > Oh, this all reminds me of the biggest barter we ever did. When Chaz> > was 35, he got food poisoning, which caused a UTI, which in turn> > caused peridcarditis, and he had a mild heart attack. We got him to> > the hospital in time and there was very minimal damage done. Thereal> > damage was to our finances, because at that time (again) we weren't> > insured. The cardiologist had just bought a house and needed lots of> > electrical work, so Chaz performed $4k worth of work on his house in> > exchange for all of the doctor bills! We still owed the hospital$4k,> > but were able to pay them off slowly.> > So, we love to barter. We check Craigslist every day for things,which> > is how I got my jewelry.> > Ummmm, I gotta go now. Craigslist is calling my name...... :)> > Hope each and every one of you is enjoying a lovely Sunday.> > YAY for Spring!!!!> > Hugs!> > Babs> >>

Guest guest

Well, we all just try to do what we can and when we slip we get reminded here.

I talked yesterday to my Aunt whose husband died a week ago. He had COPD for 30 years. I didn't mourn his death today as he was very ready for it and to the point it was a relief to him and his family. However, I do mourn his death 30 years ago upon diagnosis and the fact that no one told him it didn't have to be that way. They still can't believe I'm loading up my van with oxygen and heading that way in May. I'm sure when they see me it will be hard to believe my condition because except for the hose in the nose and the oxygen on my shoulder or back I'll be doing the same things I would have, just more in recognizing now is the time to do them. I had another uncle in an email refer to the "horrible lung disease Uncle Louis had all those years." I don't diminish anyone's suffering or pain, but, unfortunately, we all know that it didn't have to be as horrible most of those years as it was.

I don't like the hand I've been dealt anymore than anyone else here does. But, its the one I have to play. There is a saying in poker that is quite true and does apply to life.

The winner is not the one with the best hands, but the one who plays his hands the best.

> > >> > > Babs... I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. At least I see a> post.> > > I love bartering but seems like people don't do it much anymore. I> > can never seem to find a good "barter" where I come out even. LOL.> > > I like Craig's List too...........> > > I've been working on my little "project" for a few hours. Boy, I> > poop out a whole lot sooner than I used to. I could work on a project> > all day long... now my arthritic hands freeze up and my back hurts> > and.........wah wah wah............heheeee> > > Typing a little bit loosens my hands some so I've done that now I> > think I'll go watch some TV.> > > Later gator!> > > Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.> > > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!> > >> > > OT/My pink fishing pole, and other> > Sunday ramblings> > >> > >> > > Chaz bought me a pink fishing pole the other day at the Bass Pro> Shop> > > in San . We were going to go out fishing in the boat today at> > > Canyon Lake, but he has another one of his headaches (not sure> what's> > > causing them, we think he needs an MRI and he has no health> insurance)> > > so instead I'm sitting here at the desk playing around on the> > internet.> > > Just as well, because we forgot that I don't have a fishing license> > > and I'm such a namby-pamby that I won't risk being caught and fined.> > > No cashola for the dang thing anyway....sucks being poor.> > > Do any of you barter? Just asking, 'cuz that's how my Chaz got his> > > boat. There's a well-to-do builder that he works for, and Chaz just> > > asked "would you buy this boat for me in exhange for underground> > > utility work" and the man said Yes! Done deal. The Chaz loves his> > > boat, and the builder gets his works done and charges the customer> > > more than the asking price of the boat. So really, the only one out> > > anything here is the poor homeowner, and they are VERY wealthy and> can> > > well afford the overage, and of course they get their underground> > > utilities put in. That's me justifying the whole deal.... :)> > > We did some other bartering recently too, and I got some lovely> > > jewelry out of the transaction. Just seems a neat way to me to rid> > > oneself of stuff not being used, and gain something you need. Well,> I> > > didn't NEED the jewelry.....LOL!> > > We also planted some veggie plants today. We do our gardening in> > > containers to make it easier on me. We planted squash, tomatoes,> > > jalapenos and hmmmmm....forgot what else. Now that there's a Home> > > Depot only 4 miles away we should be able to keep a very lovely> > > container garden. My one rose bush that I planted is doing> > > spectacularly well, and one more is on the way. I'm going to> > > eventually plant them in half-barrels. Trying to dig holes in this> > > Hill Country rock is next to impossible.> > > Chaz just came in and said No Fishing today. His head still hurts.> > > Gives me time to get my license and be legal.> > > The next thing we may barter for is a motor home. That's the only> way> > > to go camping, in my opinion. Well, other than a Holiday Inn....LOL!> > > Oh, this all reminds me of the biggest barter we ever did. When Chaz> > > was 35, he got food poisoning, which caused a UTI, which in turn> > > caused peridcarditis, and he had a mild heart attack. We got him to> > > the hospital in time and there was very minimal damage done. The> real> > > damage was to our finances, because at that time (again) we weren't> > > insured. The cardiologist had just bought a house and needed lots of> > > electrical work, so Chaz performed $4k worth of work on his house in> > > exchange for all of the doctor bills! We still owed the hospital> $4k,> > > but were able to pay them off slowly.> > > So, we love to barter. We check Craigslist every day for things,> which> > > is how I got my jewelry.> > > Ummmm, I gotta go now. Craigslist is calling my name...... :)> > > Hope each and every one of you is enjoying a lovely Sunday.> > > YAY for Spring!!!!> > > Hugs!> > > Babs> > >> >>

Guest guest

Bruce... I haven't been playing my hand "the best" I can. I'm such an all out person...this way or that way...little in between. Stop or full bore!

This disease has really knocked me back on my heels and I have been on Stop ever since. I'm still recovering from the original dx and finding out ONLINE (instead of from my then Dr.) that what I have is FATAL!

My eyes fight back tears as I write this...

That was a plain shitty damn way to find out and I've been mowing my way through one pulmonologist after another trying to find one to "connect" with. In June, I will be seeing my fourth. That isn't so bad, but getting reliable tests and explanations keeps me "struggling" and that would not be necessary if I had the "right" pulmonologist!

I'm at a place now where I think the board collectively knows more than the Drs. My last pulmonologist, as you will remember, told me he didn't think I have IPF but instead "burnt out ILD" !! When no explanations were fourth coming I more or less sighed and knew I would not go back.

I have only recently found 'my way' here on the board as well....a place to belong, a place I can contribute, even hear appreciation, friends who understand and yes, sometimes see through me. My heart went out of me when I could no longer do what my heart loves best...........

Anyway..........gee whiz.........you didn't bargain for all this did you?

I cleaned out a closet a bit ago. A linen closet that gathers everything....I open the door now and gee, there is even space to start over! One more little project for today and I will feel like I've done something worth while again today!

Thanks for being my friend Bruce.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

OT/My pink fishing pole, and other> > Sunday ramblings> > >> > >> > > Chaz bought me a pink fishing pole the other day at the Bass Pro> Shop> > > in San . We were going to go out fishing in the boat today at> > > Canyon Lake, but he has another one of his headaches (not sure> what's> > > causing them, we think he needs an MRI and he has no health> insurance)> > > so instead I'm sitting here at the desk playing around on the> > internet.> > > Just as well, because we forgot that I don't have a fishing license> > > and I'm such a namby-pamby that I won't risk being caught and fined.> > > No cashola for the dang thing anyway....sucks being poor.> > > Do any of you barter? Just asking, 'cuz that's how my Chaz got his> > > boat. There's a well-to-do builder that he works for, and Chaz just> > > asked "would you buy this boat for me in exhange for underground> > > utility work" and the man said Yes! Done deal. The Chaz loves his> > > boat, and the builder gets his works done and charges the customer> > > more than the asking price of the boat. So really, the only one out> > > anything here is the poor homeowner, and they are VERY wealthy and> can> > > well afford the overage, and of course they get their underground> > > utilities put in. That's me justifying the whole deal.... :)> > > We did some other bartering recently too, and I got some lovely> > > jewelry out of the transaction. Just seems a neat way to me to rid> > > oneself of stuff not being used, and gain something you need. Well,> I> > > didn't NEED the jewelry.....LOL!> > > We also planted some veggie plants today. We do our gardening in> > > containers to make it easier on me. We planted squash, tomatoes,> > > jalapenos and hmmmmm....forgot what else. Now that there's a Home> > > Depot only 4 miles away we should be able to keep a very lovely> > > container garden. My one rose bush that I planted is doing> > > spectacularly well, and one more is on the way. I'm going to> > > eventually plant them in half-barrels. Trying to dig holes in this> > > Hill Country rock is next to impossible.> > > Chaz just came in and said No Fishing today. His head still hurts.> > > Gives me time to get my license and be legal.> > > The next thing we may barter for is a motor home. That's the only> way> > > to go camping, in my opinion. Well, other than a Holiday Inn....LOL!> > > Oh, this all reminds me of the biggest barter we ever did. When Chaz> > > was 35, he got food poisoning, which caused a UTI, which in turn> > > caused peridcarditis, and he had a mild heart attack. We got him to> > > the hospital in time and there was very minimal damage done. The> real> > > damage was to our finances, because at that time (again) we weren't> > > insured. The cardiologist had just bought a house and needed lots of> > > electrical work, so Chaz performed $4k worth of work on his house in> > > exchange for all of the doctor bills! We still owed the hospital> $4k,> > > but were able to pay them off slowly.> > > So, we love to barter. We check Craigslist every day for things,> which> > > is how I got my jewelry.> > > Ummmm, I gotta go now. Craigslist is calling my name...... :)> > > Hope each and every one of you is enjoying a lovely Sunday.> > > YAY for Spring!!!!> > > Hugs!> > > Babs> > >> >>

Guest guest

You weren't but you are now and thats what is important. We all hit

spots we don't, but what's important is how we're doing today. And, you,

you're feeling good, you're doing good. Seem to be playing quite well

now.

> > > >

> > > > Babs... I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. At least I see a

> > post.

> > > > I love bartering but seems like people don't do it much anymore.

I

> > > can never seem to find a good " barter " where I come out even. LOL.

> > > > I like Craig's List too...........

> > > > I've been working on my little " project " for a few hours. Boy, I

> > > poop out a whole lot sooner than I used to. I could work on a

project

> > > all day long... now my arthritic hands freeze up and my back hurts

> > > and.........wah wah wah............heheeee

> > > > Typing a little bit loosens my hands some so I've done that now

I

> > > think I'll go watch some TV.

> > > > Later gator!

> > > > Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.

> > > > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

> > > >

> > > > OT/My pink fishing pole, and other

> > > Sunday ramblings

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Chaz bought me a pink fishing pole the other day at the Bass Pro

> > Shop

> > > > in San . We were going to go out fishing in the boat

today at

> > > > Canyon Lake, but he has another one of his headaches (not sure

> > what's

> > > > causing them, we think he needs an MRI and he has no health

> > insurance)

> > > > so instead I'm sitting here at the desk playing around on the

> > > internet.

> > > > Just as well, because we forgot that I don't have a fishing

license

> > > > and I'm such a namby-pamby that I won't risk being caught and

fined.

> > > > No cashola for the dang thing anyway....sucks being poor.

> > > > Do any of you barter? Just asking, 'cuz that's how my Chaz got

his

> > > > boat. There's a well-to-do builder that he works for, and Chaz

just

> > > > asked " would you buy this boat for me in exhange for underground

> > > > utility work " and the man said Yes! Done deal. The Chaz loves

his

> > > > boat, and the builder gets his works done and charges the

customer

> > > > more than the asking price of the boat. So really, the only one

out

> > > > anything here is the poor homeowner, and they are VERY wealthy

and

> > can

> > > > well afford the overage, and of course they get their

underground

> > > > utilities put in. That's me justifying the whole deal.... :)

> > > > We did some other bartering recently too, and I got some lovely

> > > > jewelry out of the transaction. Just seems a neat way to me to

rid

> > > > oneself of stuff not being used, and gain something you need.

Well,

> > I

> > > > didn't NEED the jewelry.....LOL!

> > > > We also planted some veggie plants today. We do our gardening in

> > > > containers to make it easier on me. We planted squash, tomatoes,

> > > > jalapenos and hmmmmm....forgot what else. Now that there's a

Home

> > > > Depot only 4 miles away we should be able to keep a very lovely

> > > > container garden. My one rose bush that I planted is doing

> > > > spectacularly well, and one more is on the way. I'm going to

> > > > eventually plant them in half-barrels. Trying to dig holes in

this

> > > > Hill Country rock is next to impossible.

> > > > Chaz just came in and said No Fishing today. His head still

hurts.

> > > > Gives me time to get my license and be legal.

> > > > The next thing we may barter for is a motor home. That's the

only

> > way

> > > > to go camping, in my opinion. Well, other than a Holiday

Inn....LOL!

> > > > Oh, this all reminds me of the biggest barter we ever did. When

Chaz

> > > > was 35, he got food poisoning, which caused a UTI, which in turn

> > > > caused peridcarditis, and he had a mild heart attack. We got him

to

> > > > the hospital in time and there was very minimal damage done. The

> > real

> > > > damage was to our finances, because at that time (again) we

weren't

> > > > insured. The cardiologist had just bought a house and needed

lots of

> > > > electrical work, so Chaz performed $4k worth of work on his

house in

> > > > exchange for all of the doctor bills! We still owed the hospital

> > $4k,

> > > > but were able to pay them off slowly.

> > > > So, we love to barter. We check Craigslist every day for things,

> > which

> > > > is how I got my jewelry.

> > > > Ummmm, I gotta go now. Craigslist is calling my name...... :)

> > > > Hope each and every one of you is enjoying a lovely Sunday.

> > > > YAY for Spring!!!!

> > > > Hugs!

> > > > Babs

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Mama It makes me feel so bad to have you feel so down. I agree that is certainly what this ole board is for. I know that because I don't have the disease, I can't really walk in your shoes. But I know what Don is struggling with. I hate incompetent doctors but more than that, I hate this disease. It is no respecter of age or sex or race. It just plain sucks. Damnit!!!!!!! Know you are loved and I'll say a prayer for ya as I progress through this day. I'm cleaning the house and trying to get done it one day. I have a big ole farm house that gets dirty and dusty in just a few minutes after cleaning. THIS BOARD ROCKS!!!!!! I hope you don't mind me bustin in. K Central IL.Sher Bauman wrote: Bruce... I haven't been playing my hand "the best" I can. I'm such an all out person...this way or that way...little in between. Stop or full bore! This disease has really knocked me back on my heels and I have been on Stop ever since. I'm still recovering from the original dx and finding out ONLINE (instead of from my then Dr.) that what I have is FATAL! My eyes fight back tears as I write this... That was a plain shitty damn way to find out and I've been mowing my way through one pulmonologist after another trying to find one to "connect" with. In June, I will be seeing my fourth. That isn't so bad, but getting reliable tests and explanations keeps me "struggling" and that would not be necessary if I had the "right" pulmonologist! I'm at a place now where I think the board collectively knows more than the Drs. My last pulmonologist, as you will remember, told me he didn't think I have IPF but instead "burnt out ILD" !! When no explanations were fourth coming I more or less sighed and knew I would not go back. I have only recently found 'my way' here on the board as well....a place to belong, a place I can contribute, even hear appreciation, friends who understand and yes, sometimes see

through me. My heart went out of me when I could no longer do what my heart loves best........... Anyway..........gee whiz.........you didn't bargain for all this did you? I cleaned out a closet a bit ago. A linen closet that gathers everything....I open the door now and gee, there is even space to start over! One more little project for today and I will feel like I've done something worth while again today! Thanks for being my friend Bruce. Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! OT/My pink fishing pole, and other> > Sunday ramblings> > >> > >> > > Chaz bought me a pink fishing pole the other day at

the Bass Pro> Shop> > > in San . We were going to go out fishing in the boat today at> > > Canyon Lake, but he has another one of his headaches (not sure> what's> > > causing them, we think he needs an MRI and he has no health> insurance)> > > so instead I'm sitting here at the desk playing around on the> > internet.> > > Just as well, because we forgot that I don't have a fishing license> > > and I'm such a namby-pamby that I won't risk being caught and fined.> > > No cashola for the dang thing anyway....sucks being poor.> > > Do any of you barter? Just asking, 'cuz that's how my Chaz got his> > > boat. There's a well-to-do builder that he works for, and Chaz just> > > asked "would you buy this boat for me in exhange for underground> > > utility work" and the man said Yes! Done deal. The Chaz

loves his> > > boat, and the builder gets his works done and charges the customer> > > more than the asking price of the boat. So really, the only one out> > > anything here is the poor homeowner, and they are VERY wealthy and> can> > > well afford the overage, and of course they get their underground> > > utilities put in. That's me justifying the whole deal.... :)> > > We did some other bartering recently too, and I got some lovely> > > jewelry out of the transaction. Just seems a neat way to me to rid> > > oneself of stuff not being used, and gain something you need. Well,> I> > > didn't NEED the jewelry.....LOL!> > > We also planted some veggie plants today. We do our gardening in> > > containers to make it easier on me. We planted squash, tomatoes,> > > jalapenos and hmmmmm....forgot what else.

Now that there's a Home> > > Depot only 4 miles away we should be able to keep a very lovely> > > container garden. My one rose bush that I planted is doing> > > spectacularly well, and one more is on the way. I'm going to> > > eventually plant them in half-barrels. Trying to dig holes in this> > > Hill Country rock is next to impossible.> > > Chaz just came in and said No Fishing today. His head still hurts.> > > Gives me time to get my license and be legal.> > > The next thing we may barter for is a motor home. That's the only> way> > > to go camping, in my opinion. Well, other than a Holiday Inn....LOL!> > > Oh, this all reminds me of the biggest barter we ever did. When Chaz> > > was 35, he got food poisoning, which caused a UTI, which in turn> > > caused peridcarditis, and he had a mild heart attack. We got

him to> > > the hospital in time and there was very minimal damage done. The> real> > > damage was to our finances, because at that time (again) we weren't> > > insured. The cardiologist had just bought a house and needed lots of> > > electrical work, so Chaz performed $4k worth of work on his house in> > > exchange for all of the doctor bills! We still owed the hospital> $4k,> > > but were able to pay them off slowly.> > > So, we love to barter. We check Craigslist every day for things,> which> > > is how I got my jewelry.> > > Ummmm, I gotta go now. Craigslist is calling my name...... :)> > > Hope each and every one of you is enjoying a lovely Sunday.> > > YAY for Spring!!!!> > > Hugs!> > > Babs> > >> >> K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

(((Sher))) I think you're probably right about the board collective being more knowledgable than the docs. After all, we have to live with the damn thing, in England, the chances of there being another patient at my GP's with PF is highly unlikely, so I tend to tell them what's up and what I need.

I was never told that my disease was fatal, in fact my docs were kind of dismissive about it when I was first diagnosed, in a Yeah it's a serious disease, but don't worry kind of way. It was only after my episode last year that I started looking in to it.

I've realised that I deal with it by throwing my toys out of the pram from time to time, having a tantrum, letting it out, then taking a breath and taking stock. Having the tantrum does me good.

Finishing projects is good for my morale too. To know that I've done and finished that job that I've been meaning to do is great.

I hope you find a pulmonologist that you connect with soon

Sending you much love and strength

Ze xxx> > > >> > > > Babs... I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. At least I see a> > post.> > > > I love bartering but seems like people don't do it much anymore. I> > > can never seem to find a good "barter" where I come out even. LOL.> > > > I like Craig's List too...........> > > > I've been working on my little "project" for a few hours. Boy, I> > > poop out a whole lot sooner than I used to. I could work on a project> > > all day long... now my arthritic hands freeze up and my back hurts> > > and.........wah wah wah............heheeee> > > > Typing a little bit loosens my hands some so I've done that now I> > > think I'll go watch some TV.> > > > Later gator!> > > > Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.> > > > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!> > > >> > > > OT/My pink fishing pole, and other> > > Sunday ramblings> > > >> > > >> > > > Chaz bought me a pink fishing pole the other day at the Bass Pro> > Shop> > > > in San . We were going to go out fishing in the boat today at> > > > Canyon Lake, but he has another one of his headaches (not sure> > what's> > > > causing them, we think he needs an MRI and he has no health> > insurance)> > > > so instead I'm sitting here at the desk playing around on the> > > internet.> > > > Just as well, because we forgot that I don't have a fishing license> > > > and I'm such a namby-pamby that I won't risk being caught and fined.> > > > No cashola for the dang thing anyway....sucks being poor.> > > > Do any of you barter? Just asking, 'cuz that's how my Chaz got his> > > > boat. There's a well-to-do builder that he works for, and Chaz just> > > > asked "would you buy this boat for me in exhange for underground> > > > utility work" and the man said Yes! Done deal. The Chaz loves his> > > > boat, and the builder gets his works done and charges the customer> > > > more than the asking price of the boat. So really, the only one out> > > > anything here is the poor homeowner, and they are VERY wealthy and> > can> > > > well afford the overage, and of course they get their underground> > > > utilities put in. That's me justifying the whole deal.... :)> > > > We did some other bartering recently too, and I got some lovely> > > > jewelry out of the transaction. Just seems a neat way to me to rid> > > > oneself of stuff not being used, and gain something you need. Well,> > I> > > > didn't NEED the jewelry.....LOL!> > > > We also planted some veggie plants today. We do our gardening in> > > > containers to make it easier on me. We planted squash, tomatoes,> > > > jalapenos and hmmmmm....forgot what else. Now that there's a Home> > > > Depot only 4 miles away we should be able to keep a very lovely> > > > container garden. My one rose bush that I planted is doing> > > > spectacularly well, and one more is on the way. I'm going to> > > > eventually plant them in half-barrels. Trying to dig holes in this> > > > Hill Country rock is next to impossible.> > > > Chaz just came in and said No Fishing today. His head still hurts.> > > > Gives me time to get my license and be legal.> > > > The next thing we may barter for is a motor home. That's the only> > way> > > > to go camping, in my opinion. Well, other than a Holiday Inn....LOL!> > > > Oh, this all reminds me of the biggest barter we ever did. When Chaz> > > > was 35, he got food poisoning, which caused a UTI, which in turn> > > > caused peridcarditis, and he had a mild heart attack. We got him to> > > > the hospital in time and there was very minimal damage done. The> > real> > > > damage was to our finances, because at that time (again) we weren't> > > > insured. The cardiologist had just bought a house and needed lots of> > > > electrical work, so Chaz performed $4k worth of work on his house in> > > > exchange for all of the doctor bills! We still owed the hospital> > $4k,> > > > but were able to pay them off slowly.> > > > So, we love to barter. We check Craigslist every day for things,> > which> > > > is how I got my jewelry.> > > > Ummmm, I gotta go now. Craigslist is calling my name...... :)> > > > Hope each and every one of you is enjoying a lovely Sunday.> > > > YAY for Spring!!!!> > > > Hugs!> > > > Babs> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

I did another job...now I'm at the place where there are only a couple things to do. Our bed and the guest bed has been changed, both rooms cleaned. That means everything now is cleaned/sorted/thrown away/ or being passed on to someone else. It is so easy to be overrun in a small place.

I have to stop for today. I want to work on my secret mission and I'm pooped.

So, I'm off for awhile. Later gator.

OT/My pink fishing pole, and other> > > Sunday ramblings> > > >> > > >> > > > Chaz bought me a pink fishing pole the other day at the Bass Pro> > Shop> > > > in San . We were going to go out fishing in the boattoday at> > > > Canyon Lake, but he has another one of his headaches (not sure> > what's> > > > causing them, we think he needs an MRI and he has no health> > insurance)> > > > so instead I'm sitting here at the desk playing around on the> > > internet.> > > > Just as well, because we forgot that I don't have a fishinglicense> > > > and I'm such a namby-pamby that I won't risk being caught andfined.> > > > No cashola for the dang thing anyway....sucks being poor.> > > > Do any of you barter? Just asking, 'cuz that's how my Chaz gothis> > > > boat. There's a well-to-do builder that he works for, and Chazjust> > > > asked "would you buy this boat for me in exhange for underground> > > > utility work" and the man said Yes! Done deal. The Chaz loveshis> > > > boat, and the builder gets his works done and charges thecustomer> > > > more than the asking price of the boat. So really, the only oneout> > > > anything here is the poor homeowner, and they are VERY wealthyand> > can> > > > well afford the overage, and of course they get theirunderground> > > > utilities put in. That's me justifying the whole deal.... :)> > > > We did some other bartering recently too, and I got some lovely> > > > jewelry out of the transaction. Just seems a neat way to me torid> > > > oneself of stuff not being used, and gain something you need.Well,> > I> > > > didn't NEED the jewelry.....LOL!> > > > We also planted some veggie plants today. We do our gardening in> > > > containers to make it easier on me. We planted squash, tomatoes,> > > > jalapenos and hmmmmm....forgot what else. Now that there's aHome> > > > Depot only 4 miles away we should be able to keep a very lovely> > > > container garden. My one rose bush that I planted is doing> > > > spectacularly well, and one more is on the way. I'm going to> > > > eventually plant them in half-barrels. Trying to dig holes inthis> > > > Hill Country rock is next to impossible.> > > > Chaz just came in and said No Fishing today. His head stillhurts.> > > > Gives me time to get my license and be legal.> > > > The next thing we may barter for is a motor home. That's theonly> > way> > > > to go camping, in my opinion. Well, other than a HolidayInn....LOL!> > > > Oh, this all reminds me of the biggest barter we ever did. WhenChaz> > > > was 35, he got food poisoning, which caused a UTI, which in turn> > > > caused peridcarditis, and he had a mild heart attack. We got himto> > > > the hospital in time and there was very minimal damage done. The> > real> > > > damage was to our finances, because at that time (again) weweren't> > > > insured. The cardiologist had just bought a house and neededlots of> > > > electrical work, so Chaz performed $4k worth of work on hishouse in> > > > exchange for all of the doctor bills! We still owed the hospital> > $4k,> > > > but were able to pay them off slowly.> > > > So, we love to barter. We check Craigslist every day for things,> > which> > > > is how I got my jewelry.> > > > Ummmm, I gotta go now. Craigslist is calling my name...... :)> > > > Hope each and every one of you is enjoying a lovely Sunday.> > > > YAY for Spring!!!!> > > > Hugs!> > > > Babs> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Mama-Sher, I have had so many incompetent doctors (especially pulmos) that my brother will tell me "You didn't like what you heard." I changed to my best pulmo one year ago, at Emory, which is a major ILD center. But even within that clinic, I had a bad pulmo and changed to one who is involved in ILD diseases. In fact, he is in charge of ILD. My personal goal at this time is to try to qualify for a drug trial. My doctor told me that I am not sick enough to be referred for transplant. I know I can do all I can for IPF by participating in a drug trial. We who have this disease are all terminal. But look at your PFTs and all your other tests, and those tests will tell you how you are doing. I spoke with the administrator of the pulmonary department at Emory and she referred me to Tamra ! (Bruce also spoke to her). She told me about all the doctors that I could choose from. My doctor is her husband and she is his nurse. Try staying busy, Mama-Sher, and it will keep your mind occupied with other things. You are on less oxygen than I am! (LOL)

Toodles!

Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl

> > > >> > > > Babs... I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. At least I see a> > post.> > > > I love bartering but seems like people don't do it much anymore. I> > > can never seem to find a good "barter" where I come out even. LOL.> > > > I like Craig's List too...........> > > > I've been working on my little "project" for a few hours. Boy, I> > > poop out a whole lot sooner than I used to. I could work on a project> > > all day long... now my arthritic hands freeze up and my back hurts> > > and.........wah wah wah............heheeee> > > > Typing a little bit loosens my hands some so I've done that now I> > > think I'll go watch some TV.> > > > Later gator!> > > > Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.> > > > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!> > > >> > > > OT/My pink fishing pole, and other> > > Sunday ramblings> > > >> > > >> > > > Chaz bought me a pink fishing pole the other day at the Bass Pro> > Shop> > > > in San . We were going to go out fishing in the boat today at> > > > Canyon Lake, but he has another one of his headaches (not sure> > what's> > > > causing them, we think he needs an MRI and he has no health> > insurance)> > > > so instead I'm sitting here at the desk playing around on the> > > internet.> > > > Just as well, because we forgot that I don't have a fishing license> > > > and I'm such a namby-pamby that I won't risk being caught and fined.> > > > No cashola for the dang thing anyway....sucks being poor.> > > > Do any of you barter? Just asking, 'cuz that's how my Chaz got his> > > > boat. There's a well-to-do builder that he works for, and Chaz just> > > > asked "would you buy this boat for me in exhange for underground> > > > utility work" and the man said Yes! Done deal. The Chaz loves his> > > > boat, and the builder gets his works done and charges the customer> > > > more than the asking price of the boat. So really, the only one out> > > > anything here is the poor homeowner, and they are VERY wealthy and> > can> > > > well afford the overage, and of course they get their underground> > > > utilities put in. That's me justifying the whole deal.... :)> > > > We did some other bartering recently too, and I got some lovely> > > > jewelry out of the transaction. Just seems a neat way to me to rid> > > > oneself of stuff not being used, and gain something you need. Well,> > I> > > > didn't NEED the jewelry.....LOL!> > > > We also planted some veggie plants today. We do our gardening in> > > > containers to make it easier on me. We planted squash, tomatoes,> > > > jalapenos and hmmmmm....forgot what else. Now that there's a Home> > > > Depot only 4 miles away we should be able to keep a very lovely> > > > container garden. My one rose bush that I planted is doing> > > > spectacularly well, and one more is on the way. I'm going to> > > > eventually plant them in half-barrels. Trying to dig holes in this> > > > Hill Country rock is next to impossible.> > > > Chaz just came in and said No Fishing today. His head still hurts.> > > > Gives me time to get my license and be legal.> > > > The next thing we may barter for is a motor home. That's the only> > way> > > > to go camping, in my opinion. Well, other than a Holiday Inn....LOL!> > > > Oh, this all reminds me of the biggest barter we ever did. When Chaz> > > > was 35, he got food poisoning, which caused a UTI, which in turn> > > > caused peridcarditis, and he had a mild heart attack. We got him to> > > > the hospital in time and there was very minimal damage done. The> > real> > > > damage was to our finances, because at that time (again) we weren't> > > > insured. The cardiologist had just bought a house and needed lots of> > > > electrical work, so Chaz performed $4k worth of work on his house in> > > > exchange for all of the doctor bills! We still owed the hospital> > $4k,> > > > but were able to pay them off slowly.> > > > So, we love to barter. We check Craigslist every day for things,> > which> > > > is how I got my jewelry.> > > > Ummmm, I gotta go now. Craigslist is calling my name...... :)> > > > Hope each and every one of you is enjoying a lovely Sunday.> > > > YAY for Spring!!!!> > > > Hugs!> > > > Babs> > > >> > >> >> > > > > > > > > > > K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> 14> > > ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.>

Guest guest

Ze, that is exactly what Don's first pulmo said. "oh don't worry about it, it's serious but....." It wasn't till the cough started that I started looking into it.. The rhumatologist was the first one to sit us down and talk to use straight. Grrrrrr! Makes me mad all over again. K central ILZena wrote: (((Sher))) I think you're probably right about the board collective being more

knowledgable than the docs. After all, we have to live with the damn thing, in England, the chances of there being another patient at my GP's with PF is highly unlikely, so I tend to tell them what's up and what I need. I was never told that my disease was fatal, in fact my docs were kind of dismissive about it when I was first diagnosed, in a Yeah it's a serious disease, but don't worry kind of way. It was only after my episode last year that I started looking in to it. I've realised that I deal with it by throwing my toys out of the pram from time to time, having a tantrum, letting it out, then taking a breath and taking stock. Having the tantrum does me good. Finishing projects is good for my morale too. To know that I've done and finished that job that I've been

meaning to do is great. I hope you find a pulmonologist that you connect with soon Sending you much love and strength Ze xxx> > > >> > > >

Babs... I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. At least I see a> > post.> > > > I love bartering but seems like people don't do it much anymore. I> > > can never seem to find a good "barter" where I come out even. LOL.> > > > I like Craig's List too...........> > > > I've been working on my little "project" for a few hours. Boy, I> > > poop out a whole lot sooner than I used to. I could work on a project> > > all day long... now my arthritic hands freeze up and my back hurts> > > and.........wah wah wah............heheeee> > > > Typing a little bit loosens my hands some so I've done that now I> > > think I'll go watch some TV.> > > > Later gator!> > > > Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.> > > > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!> > >

>> > > > OT/My pink fishing pole, and other> > > Sunday ramblings> > > >> > > >> > > > Chaz bought me a pink fishing pole the other day at the Bass Pro> > Shop> > > > in San . We were going to go out fishing in the boat today at> > > > Canyon Lake, but he has another one of his headaches (not sure> > what's> > > > causing them, we think he needs an MRI and he has no health> > insurance)> > > > so instead I'm sitting here at the desk playing around on the> > > internet.> > > > Just as well, because we forgot that I don't have a

fishing license> > > > and I'm such a namby-pamby that I won't risk being caught and fined.> > > > No cashola for the dang thing anyway....sucks being poor.> > > > Do any of you barter? Just asking, 'cuz that's how my Chaz got his> > > > boat. There's a well-to-do builder that he works for, and Chaz just> > > > asked "would you buy this boat for me in exhange for underground> > > > utility work" and the man said Yes! Done deal. The Chaz loves his> > > > boat, and the builder gets his works done and charges the customer> > > > more than the asking price of the boat. So really, the only one out> > > > anything here is the poor homeowner, and they are VERY wealthy and> > can> > > > well afford the overage, and of course they get their underground> > > > utilities put in. That's me justifying

the whole deal.... :)> > > > We did some other bartering recently too, and I got some lovely> > > > jewelry out of the transaction. Just seems a neat way to me to rid> > > > oneself of stuff not being used, and gain something you need. Well,> > I> > > > didn't NEED the jewelry.....LOL!> > > > We also planted some veggie plants today. We do our gardening in> > > > containers to make it easier on me. We planted squash, tomatoes,> > > > jalapenos and hmmmmm....forgot what else. Now that there's a Home> > > > Depot only 4 miles away we should be able to keep a very lovely> > > > container garden. My one rose bush that I planted is doing> > > > spectacularly well, and one more is on the way. I'm going to> > > > eventually plant them in half-barrels. Trying to dig holes in this> >

> > Hill Country rock is next to impossible.> > > > Chaz just came in and said No Fishing today. His head still hurts.> > > > Gives me time to get my license and be legal.> > > > The next thing we may barter for is a motor home. That's the only> > way> > > > to go camping, in my opinion. Well, other than a Holiday Inn....LOL!> > > > Oh, this all reminds me of the biggest barter we ever did. When Chaz> > > > was 35, he got food poisoning, which caused a UTI, which in turn> > > > caused peridcarditis, and he had a mild heart attack. We got him to> > > > the hospital in time and there was very minimal damage done. The> > real> > > > damage was to our finances, because at that time (again) we weren't> > > > insured. The cardiologist had just bought a house and needed lots of> > >

> electrical work, so Chaz performed $4k worth of work on his house in> > > > exchange for all of the doctor bills! We still owed the hospital> > $4k,> > > > but were able to pay them off slowly.> > > > So, we love to barter. We check Craigslist every day for things,> > which> > > > is how I got my jewelry.> > > > Ummmm, I gotta go now. Craigslist is calling my name...... :)> > > > Hope each and every one of you is enjoying a lovely Sunday.> > > > YAY for Spring!!!!> > > > Hugs!> > > > Babs> > > >> > >> >> K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14

Guest guest

Don't forget the 15 min rule!

Love Ze xx

> > > > >> > > > > Babs... I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. At least I see a> > > post.> > > > > I love bartering but seems like people don't do it much anymore.> I> > > > can never seem to find a good "barter" where I come out even. LOL.> > > > > I like Craig's List too...........> > > > > I've been working on my little "project" for a few hours. Boy, I> > > > poop out a whole lot sooner than I used to. I could work on a> project> > > > all day long... now my arthritic hands freeze up and my back hurts> > > > and.........wah wah wah............heheeee> > > > > Typing a little bit loosens my hands some so I've done that now> I> > > > think I'll go watch some TV.> > > > > Later gator!> > > > > Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.> > > > > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!> > > > >> > > > > OT/My pink fishing pole, and other> > > > Sunday ramblings> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Chaz bought me a pink fishing pole the other day at the Bass Pro> > > Shop> > > > > in San . We were going to go out fishing in the boat> today at> > > > > Canyon Lake, but he has another one of his headaches (not sure> > > what's> > > > > causing them, we think he needs an MRI and he has no health> > > insurance)> > > > > so instead I'm sitting here at the desk playing around on the> > > > internet.> > > > > Just as well, because we forgot that I don't have a fishing> license> > > > > and I'm such a namby-pamby that I won't risk being caught and> fined.> > > > > No cashola for the dang thing anyway....sucks being poor.> > > > > Do any of you barter? Just asking, 'cuz that's how my Chaz got> his> > > > > boat. There's a well-to-do builder that he works for, and Chaz> just> > > > > asked "would you buy this boat for me in exhange for underground> > > > > utility work" and the man said Yes! Done deal. The Chaz loves> his> > > > > boat, and the builder gets his works done and charges the> customer> > > > > more than the asking price of the boat. So really, the only one> out> > > > > anything here is the poor homeowner, and they are VERY wealthy> and> > > can> > > > > well afford the overage, and of course they get their> underground> > > > > utilities put in. That's me justifying the whole deal.... :)> > > > > We did some other bartering recently too, and I got some lovely> > > > > jewelry out of the transaction. Just seems a neat way to me to> rid> > > > > oneself of stuff not being used, and gain something you need.> Well,> > > I> > > > > didn't NEED the jewelry.....LOL!> > > > > We also planted some veggie plants today. We do our gardening in> > > > > containers to make it easier on me. We planted squash, tomatoes,> > > > > jalapenos and hmmmmm....forgot what else. Now that there's a> Home> > > > > Depot only 4 miles away we should be able to keep a very lovely> > > > > container garden. My one rose bush that I planted is doing> > > > > spectacularly well, and one more is on the way. I'm going to> > > > > eventually plant them in half-barrels. Trying to dig holes in> this> > > > > Hill Country rock is next to impossible.> > > > > Chaz just came in and said No Fishing today. His head still> hurts.> > > > > Gives me time to get my license and be legal.> > > > > The next thing we may barter for is a motor home. That's the> only> > > way> > > > > to go camping, in my opinion. Well, other than a Holiday> Inn....LOL!> > > > > Oh, this all reminds me of the biggest barter we ever did. When> Chaz> > > > > was 35, he got food poisoning, which caused a UTI, which in turn> > > > > caused peridcarditis, and he had a mild heart attack. We got him> to> > > > > the hospital in time and there was very minimal damage done. The> > > real> > > > > damage was to our finances, because at that time (again) we> weren't> > > > > insured. The cardiologist had just bought a house and needed> lots of> > > > > electrical work, so Chaz performed $4k worth of work on his> house in> > > > > exchange for all of the doctor bills! We still owed the hospital> > > $4k,> > > > > but were able to pay them off slowly.> > > > > So, we love to barter. We check Craigslist every day for things,> > > which> > > > > is how I got my jewelry.> > > > > Ummmm, I gotta go now. Craigslist is calling my name...... :)> > > > > Hope each and every one of you is enjoying a lovely Sunday.> > > > > YAY for Spring!!!!> > > > > Hugs!> > > > > Babs> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Mama Sher, I am so sorry you are having a down period. I would add your mental burden to mine if there was such a way. I too am struggling to make it to cruise time more for vickie than myself. I can hardly walk but have been hiding it and don't want to go to any more doctors especially prior to cruise. The are so full of shit. With myself, taking more for pain will have to do it till after cruise,then we will see. Again if there is anything I can do please let me know.

Steve59 from WA IPF 2006

Reply-To: Breathe-Support To: <Breathe-Support >Subject: Re: Re: Sher and Mental EnergyDate: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 12:14:50 -0700

Bruce... I haven't been playing my hand "the best" I can. I'm such an all out person...this way or that way...little in between. Stop or full bore!

This disease has really knocked me back on my heels and I have been on Stop ever since. I'm still recovering from the original dx and finding out ONLINE (instead of from my then Dr.) that what I have is FATAL!

My eyes fight back tears as I write this...

That was a plain shitty damn way to find out and I've been mowing my way through one pulmonologist after another trying to find one to "connect" with. In June, I will be seeing my fourth. That isn't so bad, but getting reliable tests and explanations keeps me "struggling" and that would not be necessary if I had the "right" pulmonologist!

I'm at a place now where I think the board collectively knows more than the Drs. My last pulmonologist, as you will remember, told me he didn't think I have IPF but instead "burnt out ILD" !! When no explanations were fourth coming I more or less sighed and knew I would not go back.

I have only recently found 'my way' here on the board as well....a place to belong, a place I can contribute, even hear appreciation, friends who understand and yes, sometimes see through me. My heart went out of me when I could no longer do what my heart loves best...........

Anyway..........gee whiz.........you didn't bargain for all this did you?

I cleaned out a closet a bit ago. A linen closet that gathers everything....I open the door now and gee, there is even space to start over! One more little project for today and I will feel like I've done something worth while again today!

Thanks for being my friend Bruce.

OT/My pink fishing pole, and other> > Sunday ramblings> > >> > >> > > Chaz bought me a pink fishing pole the other day at the Bass Pro> Shop> > > in San . We were going to go out fishing in the boat today at> > > Canyon Lake, but he has another one of his headaches (not sure> what's> > > causing them, we think he needs an MRI and he has no health> insurance)> > > so instead I'm sitting here at the desk playing around on the> > internet.> > > Just as well, because we forgot that I don't have a fishing license> > > and I'm such a namby-pamby that I won't risk being caught and fined.> > > No cashola for the dang thing anyway....sucks being poor.> > > Do any of you barter? Just asking, 'cuz that's how my Chaz got his> > > boat. There's a well-to-do builder that he works for, and Chaz just> > > asked "would you buy this boat for me in exhange for underground> > > utility work" and the man said Yes! Done deal. The Chaz loves his> > > boat, and the builder gets his works done and charges the customer> > > more than the asking price of the boat. So really, the only one out> > > anything here is the poor homeowner, and they are VERY wealthy and> can> > > well afford the overage, and of course they get their underground> > > utilities put in. That's me justifying the whole deal.... :)> > > We did some other bartering recently too, and I got some lovely> > > jewelry out of the transaction. Just seems a neat way to me to rid> > > oneself of stuff not being used, and gain something you need. Well,> I> > > didn't NEED the jewelry.....LOL!> > > We also planted some veggie plants today. We do our gardening in> > > containers to make it easier on me. We planted squash, tomatoes,> > > jalapenos and hmmmmm....forgot what else. Now that there's a Home> > > Depot only 4 miles away we should be able to keep a very lovely> > > container garden. My one rose bush that I planted is doing> > > spectacularly well, and one more is on the way. I'm going to> > > eventually plant them in half-barrels. Trying to dig holes in this> > > Hill Country rock is next to impossible.> > > Chaz just came in and said No Fishing today. His head still hurts.> > > Gives me time to get my license and be legal.> > > The next thing we may barter for is a motor home. That's the only> way> > > to go camping, in my opinion. Well, other than a Holiday Inn....LOL!> > > Oh, this all reminds me of the biggest barter we ever did. When Chaz> > > was 35, he got food poisoning, which caused a UTI, which in turn> > > caused peridcarditis, and he had a mild heart attack. We got him to> > > the hospital in time and there was very minimal damage done. The> real> > > damage was to our finances, because at that time (again) we weren't> > > insured. The cardiologist had just bought a house and needed lots of> > > electrical work, so Chaz performed $4k worth of work on his house in> > > exchange for all of the doctor bills! We still owed the hospital> $4k,> > > but were able to pay them off slowly.> > > So, we love to barter. We check Craigslist every day for things,> which> > > is how I got my jewelry.> > > Ummmm, I gotta go now. Craigslist is calling my name...... :)> > > Hope each and every one of you is enjoying a lovely Sunday.> > > YAY for Spring!!!!> > > Hugs!> > > Babs> > >> >>

Guest guest

, I found that even when I was told I had PH on top of everything else, there was a very dismissive attitude to it. As the dx hadn't really hit me when they told me, I had to send them an e-mail with a load of questions on it, which in retrospect I do feel I should have been told at the time, as the questions were basic lifestyle questions.

Oh well!

Love Ze xx> > > > >> > > > > Babs... I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. At least I see a> > > post.> > > > > I love bartering but seems like people don't do it much anymore. I> > > > can never seem to find a good "barter" where I come out even. LOL.> > > > > I like Craig's List too...........> > > > > I've been working on my little "project" for a few hours. Boy, I> > > > poop out a whole lot sooner than I used to. I could work on a project> > > > all day long... now my arthritic hands freeze up and my back hurts> > > > and.........wah wah wah............heheeee> > > > > Typing a little bit loosens my hands some so I've done that now I> > > > think I'll go watch some TV.> > > > > Later gator!> > > > > Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.> > > > > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!> > > > >> > > > > OT/My pink fishing pole, and other> > > > Sunday ramblings> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Chaz bought me a pink fishing pole the other day at the Bass Pro> > > Shop> > > > > in San . We were going to go out fishing in the boat today at> > > > > Canyon Lake, but he has another one of his headaches (not sure> > > what's> > > > > causing them, we think he needs an MRI and he has no health> > > insurance)> > > > > so instead I'm sitting here at the desk playing around on the> > > > internet.> > > > > Just as well, because we forgot that I don't have a fishing license> > > > > and I'm such a namby-pamby that I won't risk being caught and fined.> > > > > No cashola for the dang thing anyway....sucks being poor.> > > > > Do any of you barter? Just asking, 'cuz that's how my Chaz got his> > > > > boat. There's a well-to-do builder that he works for, and Chaz just> > > > > asked "would you buy this boat for me in exhange for underground> > > > > utility work" and the man said Yes! Done deal. The Chaz loves his> > > > > boat, and the builder gets his works done and charges the customer> > > > > more than the asking price of the boat. So really, the only one out> > > > > anything here is the poor homeowner, and they are VERY wealthy and> > > can> > > > > well afford the overage, and of course they get their underground> > > > > utilities put in. That's me justifying the whole deal.... :)> > > > > We did some other bartering recently too, and I got some lovely> > > > > jewelry out of the transaction. Just seems a neat way to me to rid> > > > > oneself of stuff not being used, and gain something you need. Well,> > > I> > > > > didn't NEED the jewelry.....LOL!> > > > > We also planted some veggie plants today. We do our gardening in> > > > > containers to make it easier on me. We planted squash, tomatoes,> > > > > jalapenos and hmmmmm....forgot what else. Now that there's a Home> > > > > Depot only 4 miles away we should be able to keep a very lovely> > > > > container garden. My one rose bush that I planted is doing> > > > > spectacularly well, and one more is on the way. I'm going to> > > > > eventually plant them in half-barrels. Trying to dig holes in this> > > > > Hill Country rock is next to impossible.> > > > > Chaz just came in and said No Fishing today. His head still hurts.> > > > > Gives me time to get my license and be legal.> > > > > The next thing we may barter for is a motor home. That's the only> > > way> > > > > to go camping, in my opinion. Well, other than a Holiday Inn....LOL!> > > > > Oh, this all reminds me of the biggest barter we ever did. When Chaz> > > > > was 35, he got food poisoning, which caused a UTI, which in turn> > > > > caused peridcarditis, and he had a mild heart attack. We got him to> > > > > the hospital in time and there was very minimal damage done. The> > > real> > > > > damage was to our finances, because at that time (again) we weren't> > > > > insured. The cardiologist had just bought a house and needed lots of> > > > > electrical work, so Chaz performed $4k worth of work on his house in> > > > > exchange for all of the doctor bills! We still owed the hospital> > > $4k,> > > > > but were able to pay them off slowly.> > > > > So, we love to barter. We check Craigslist every day for things,> > > which> > > > > is how I got my jewelry.> > > > > Ummmm, I gotta go now. Craigslist is calling my name...... :)> > > > > Hope each and every one of you is enjoying a lovely Sunday.> > > > > YAY for Spring!!!!> > > > > Hugs!> > > > > Babs> > > > >> > > >> > >> >> > > > > > > K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> 14> > > ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.>

Guest guest

Bruce....oh forgive me....I was so busy gabbing about me and my finished tasks I did not send my personal condolences to you concerning your uncles death. I know your family will be glad to see you, even if surprised. They'll talk about your trip there "in your condition" forever!

OT/My pink fishing pole, and other> > > Sunday ramblings> > > >> > > >> > > > Chaz bought me a pink fishing pole the other day at the Bass Pro> > Shop> > > > in San . We were going to go out fishing in the boattoday at> > > > Canyon Lake, but he has another one of his headaches (not sure> > what's> > > > causing them, we think he needs an MRI and he has no health> > insurance)> > > > so instead I'm sitting here at the desk playing around on the> > > internet.> > > > Just as well, because we forgot that I don't have a fishinglicense> > > > and I'm such a namby-pamby that I won't risk being caught andfined.> > > > No cashola for the dang thing anyway....sucks being poor.> > > > Do any of you barter? Just asking, 'cuz that's how my Chaz gothis> > > > boat. There's a well-to-do builder that he works for, and Chazjust> > > > asked "would you buy this boat for me in exhange for underground> > > > utility work" and the man said Yes! Done deal. The Chaz loveshis> > > > boat, and the builder gets his works done and charges thecustomer> > > > more than the asking price of the boat. So really, the only oneout> > > > anything here is the poor homeowner, and they are VERY wealthyand> > can> > > > well afford the overage, and of course they get theirunderground> > > > utilities put in. That's me justifying the whole deal.... :)> > > > We did some other bartering recently too, and I got some lovely> > > > jewelry out of the transaction. Just seems a neat way to me torid> > > > oneself of stuff not being used, and gain something you need.Well,> > I> > > > didn't NEED the jewelry.....LOL!> > > > We also planted some veggie plants today. We do our gardening in> > > > containers to make it easier on me. We planted squash, tomatoes,> > > > jalapenos and hmmmmm....forgot what else. Now that there's aHome> > > > Depot only 4 miles away we should be able to keep a very lovely> > > > container garden. My one rose bush that I planted is doing> > > > spectacularly well, and one more is on the way. I'm going to> > > > eventually plant them in half-barrels. Trying to dig holes inthis> > > > Hill Country rock is next to impossible.> > > > Chaz just came in and said No Fishing today. His head stillhurts.> > > > Gives me time to get my license and be legal.> > > > The next thing we may barter for is a motor home. That's theonly> > way> > > > to go camping, in my opinion. Well, other than a HolidayInn....LOL!> > > > Oh, this all reminds me of the biggest barter we ever did. WhenChaz> > > > was 35, he got food poisoning, which caused a UTI, which in turn> > > > caused peridcarditis, and he had a mild heart attack. We got himto> > > > the hospital in time and there was very minimal damage done. The> > real> > > > damage was to our finances, because at that time (again) weweren't> > > > insured. The cardiologist had just bought a house and neededlots of> > > > electrical work, so Chaz performed $4k worth of work on hishouse in> > > > exchange for all of the doctor bills! We still owed the hospital> > $4k,> > > > but were able to pay them off slowly.> > > > So, we love to barter. We check Craigslist every day for things,> > which> > > > is how I got my jewelry.> > > > Ummmm, I gotta go now. Craigslist is calling my name...... :)> > > > Hope each and every one of you is enjoying a lovely Sunday.> > > > YAY for Spring!!!!> > > > Hugs!> > > > Babs> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Double grrrrrrrr! LInda KZena wrote: , I found that even when I was told I had PH on top of everything else, there was a very dismissive attitude to it. As the dx hadn't really hit me when they told me, I had to send them an e-mail with a load of questions on it, which in retrospect I do feel I should have been told at the time, as the questions were basic lifestyle questions. Oh well! Love Ze xx> > > > >> > > > > Babs... I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. At least I see a> > >

post.> > > > > I love bartering but seems like people don't do it much anymore. I> > > > can never seem to find a good "barter" where I come out even. LOL.> > > > > I like Craig's List too...........> > > > > I've been working on my little "project" for a few hours. Boy, I> > > > poop out a whole lot sooner than I used to. I could work on a project> > > > all day long... now my arthritic hands freeze up and my back hurts> > > > and.........wah wah wah............heheeee> > > > > Typing a little bit loosens my hands some so I've done that now I> > > > think I'll go watch some TV.> > > > > Later gator!> > > > > Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.> > > > > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!> > > > >> >

> > > OT/My pink fishing pole, and other> > > > Sunday ramblings> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Chaz bought me a pink fishing pole the other day at the Bass Pro> > > Shop> > > > > in San . We were going to go out fishing in the boat today at> > > > > Canyon Lake, but he has another one of his headaches (not sure> > > what's> > > > > causing them, we think he needs an MRI and he has no health> > > insurance)> > > > > so instead I'm sitting here at the desk playing around on the> > > > internet.>

> > > > Just as well, because we forgot that I don't have a fishing license> > > > > and I'm such a namby-pamby that I won't risk being caught and fined.> > > > > No cashola for the dang thing anyway....sucks being poor.> > > > > Do any of you barter? Just asking, 'cuz that's how my Chaz got his> > > > > boat. There's a well-to-do builder that he works for, and Chaz just> > > > > asked "would you buy this boat for me in exhange for underground> > > > > utility work" and the man said Yes! Done deal. The Chaz loves his> > > > > boat, and the builder gets his works done and charges the customer> > > > > more than the asking price of the boat. So really, the only one out> > > > > anything here is the poor homeowner, and they are VERY wealthy and> > > can> > > > >

well afford the overage, and of course they get their underground> > > > > utilities put in. That's me justifying the whole deal.... :)> > > > > We did some other bartering recently too, and I got some lovely> > > > > jewelry out of the transaction. Just seems a neat way to me to rid> > > > > oneself of stuff not being used, and gain something you need. Well,> > > I> > > > > didn't NEED the jewelry.....LOL!> > > > > We also planted some veggie plants today. We do our gardening in> > > > > containers to make it easier on me. We planted squash, tomatoes,> > > > > jalapenos and hmmmmm....forgot what else. Now that there's a Home> > > > > Depot only 4 miles away we should be able to keep a very lovely> > > > > container garden. My one rose bush that I planted is

doing> > > > > spectacularly well, and one more is on the way. I'm going to> > > > > eventually plant them in half-barrels. Trying to dig holes in this> > > > > Hill Country rock is next to impossible.> > > > > Chaz just came in and said No Fishing today. His head still hurts.> > > > > Gives me time to get my license and be legal.> > > > > The next thing we may barter for is a motor home. That's the only> > > way> > > > > to go camping, in my opinion. Well, other than a Holiday Inn....LOL!> > > > > Oh, this all reminds me of the biggest barter we ever did. When Chaz> > > > > was 35, he got food poisoning, which caused a UTI, which in turn> > > > > caused peridcarditis, and he had a mild heart attack. We got him to> > > > > the hospital in time and there

was very minimal damage done. The> > > real> > > > > damage was to our finances, because at that time (again) we weren't> > > > > insured. The cardiologist had just bought a house and needed lots of> > > > > electrical work, so Chaz performed $4k worth of work on his house in> > > > > exchange for all of the doctor bills! We still owed the hospital> > > $4k,> > > > > but were able to pay them off slowly.> > > > > So, we love to barter. We check Craigslist every day for things,> > > which> > > > > is how I got my jewelry.> > > > > Ummmm, I gotta go now. Craigslist is calling my name...... :)> > > > > Hope each and every one of you is enjoying a lovely Sunday.> > > > > YAY for Spring!!!!> > > > > Hugs!> > > > >

Babs> > > > >> > > >> > >> >> > > > > > > K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> 14> > > ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.> K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14

Guest guest

Zee....I've gone over a few times but basically do use. Really works well and just as much done really. I think I'm more focused when I know I'm limited on time.

Thanks.

OT/My pink fishing pole, and other> > > > Sunday ramblings> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Chaz bought me a pink fishing pole the other day at the Bass Pro> > > Shop> > > > > in San . We were going to go out fishing in the boat> today at> > > > > Canyon Lake, but he has another one of his headaches (not sure> > > what's> > > > > causing them, we think he needs an MRI and he has no health> > > insurance)> > > > > so instead I'm sitting here at the desk playing around on the> > > > internet.> > > > > Just as well, because we forgot that I don't have a fishing> license> > > > > and I'm such a namby-pamby that I won't risk being caught and> fined.> > > > > No cashola for the dang thing anyway....sucks being poor.> > > > > Do any of you barter? Just asking, 'cuz that's how my Chaz got> his> > > > > boat. There's a well-to-do builder that he works for, and Chaz> just> > > > > asked "would you buy this boat for me in exhange for underground> > > > > utility work" and the man said Yes! Done deal. The Chaz loves> his> > > > > boat, and the builder gets his works done and charges the> customer> > > > > more than the asking price of the boat. So really, the only one> out> > > > > anything here is the poor homeowner, and they are VERY wealthy> and> > > can> > > > > well afford the overage, and of course they get their> underground> > > > > utilities put in. That's me justifying the whole deal.... :)> > > > > We did some other bartering recently too, and I got some lovely> > > > > jewelry out of the transaction. Just seems a neat way to me to> rid> > > > > oneself of stuff not being used, and gain something you need.> Well,> > > I> > > > > didn't NEED the jewelry.....LOL!> > > > > We also planted some veggie plants today. We do our gardening in> > > > > containers to make it easier on me. We planted squash, tomatoes,> > > > > jalapenos and hmmmmm....forgot what else. Now that there's a> Home> > > > > Depot only 4 miles away we should be able to keep a very lovely> > > > > container garden. My one rose bush that I planted is doing> > > > > spectacularly well, and one more is on the way. I'm going to> > > > > eventually plant them in half-barrels. Trying to dig holes in> this> > > > > Hill Country rock is next to impossible.> > > > > Chaz just came in and said No Fishing today. His head still> hurts.> > > > > Gives me time to get my license and be legal.> > > > > The next thing we may barter for is a motor home. That's the> only> > > way> > > > > to go camping, in my opinion. Well, other than a Holiday> Inn....LOL!> > > > > Oh, this all reminds me of the biggest barter we ever did. When> Chaz> > > > > was 35, he got food poisoning, which caused a UTI, which in turn> > > > > caused peridcarditis, and he had a mild heart attack. We got him> to> > > > > the hospital in time and there was very minimal damage done. The> > > real> > > > > damage was to our finances, because at that time (again) we> weren't> > > > > insured. The cardiologist had just bought a house and needed> lots of> > > > > electrical work, so Chaz performed $4k worth of work on his> house in> > > > > exchange for all of the doctor bills! We still owed the hospital> > > $4k,> > > > > but were able to pay them off slowly.> > > > > So, we love to barter. We check Craigslist every day for things,> > > which> > > > > is how I got my jewelry.> > > > > Ummmm, I gotta go now. Craigslist is calling my name...... :)> > > > > Hope each and every one of you is enjoying a lovely Sunday.> > > > > YAY for Spring!!!!> > > > > Hugs!> > > > > Babs> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Amen brother!!!! KSTEPHEN R WILSON wrote: Mama Sher, I am so sorry you are having a down period. I would add your mental burden to mine if there was such a way. I too am struggling to make it to cruise time more for vickie than myself. I can hardly walk but have been hiding it and don't want to go to any more doctors especially prior to cruise. The are so full of shit. With myself, taking more for pain will have to do it till after cruise,then we will see. Again if there is

anything I can do please let me know. Steve59 from WA IPF 2006 From: "Sher Bauman" <bofuswbcable (DOT) net>Reply-To: Breathe-Support To: <Breathe-Support >Subject: Re: Re: Sher and Mental EnergyDate: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 12:14:50 -0700 Bruce... I haven't been playing my hand "the best" I can. I'm such an all out person...this way or that way...little in between. Stop or full bore! This disease has really knocked me back on my heels and I have been on Stop ever since. I'm still

recovering from the original dx and finding out ONLINE (instead of from my then Dr.) that what I have is FATAL! My eyes fight back tears as I write this... That was a plain shitty damn way to find out and I've been mowing my way through one pulmonologist after another trying to find one to "connect" with. In June, I will be seeing my fourth. That isn't so bad, but getting reliable tests and explanations keeps me "struggling" and that would not be necessary if I had the "right" pulmonologist! I'm at a place now where I think the board collectively knows more than the Drs. My last pulmonologist, as you will remember, told me he didn't think I have IPF but instead "burnt out ILD" !! When no explanations were fourth coming I more or less sighed and

knew I would not go back. I have only recently found 'my way' here on the board as well....a place to belong, a place I can contribute, even hear appreciation, friends who understand and yes, sometimes see through me. My heart went out of me when I could no longer do what my heart loves best........... Anyway..........gee whiz.........you didn't bargain for all this did you? I cleaned out a closet a bit ago. A linen closet that gathers everything....I open the door now and gee, there is even space to start over! One more little project for today and I will feel like I've done something worth while again today! Thanks for being my friend Bruce. Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! OT/My pink fishing pole, and other> > Sunday ramblings> > >> > >> > > Chaz bought me a pink fishing pole the other day at the Bass Pro> Shop> > > in San . We were going to go out fishing in the boat today at> > > Canyon Lake, but he has another one of his headaches (not sure> what's> > > causing them, we think he needs an MRI and he has no health> insurance)> > > so instead I'm sitting here at the desk playing around on the> > internet.> > > Just as well, because we forgot that I don't have a fishing license> > > and I'm such a namby-pamby that I won't risk being caught and fined.> > > No cashola for the dang thing anyway....sucks being poor.> > > Do any of you barter? Just asking, 'cuz that's how my Chaz got

his> > > boat. There's a well-to-do builder that he works for, and Chaz just> > > asked "would you buy this boat for me in exhange for underground> > > utility work" and the man said Yes! Done deal. The Chaz loves his> > > boat, and the builder gets his works done and charges the customer> > > more than the asking price of the boat. So really, the only one out> > > anything here is the poor homeowner, and they are VERY wealthy and> can> > > well afford the overage, and of course they get their underground> > > utilities put in. That's me justifying the whole deal.... :)> > > We did some other bartering recently too, and I got some lovely> > > jewelry out of the transaction. Just seems a neat way to me to rid> > > oneself of stuff not being used, and gain something you need. Well,> I> > > didn't NEED the

jewelry.....LOL!> > > We also planted some veggie plants today. We do our gardening in> > > containers to make it easier on me. We planted squash, tomatoes,> > > jalapenos and hmmmmm....forgot what else. Now that there's a Home> > > Depot only 4 miles away we should be able to keep a very lovely> > > container garden. My one rose bush that I planted is doing> > > spectacularly well, and one more is on the way. I'm going to> > > eventually plant them in half-barrels. Trying to dig holes in this> > > Hill Country rock is next to impossible.> > > Chaz just came in and said No Fishing today. His head still hurts.> > > Gives me time to get my license and be legal.> > > The next thing we may barter for is a motor home. That's the only> way> > > to go camping, in my opinion. Well, other than a Holiday

Inn....LOL!> > > Oh, this all reminds me of the biggest barter we ever did. When Chaz> > > was 35, he got food poisoning, which caused a UTI, which in turn> > > caused peridcarditis, and he had a mild heart attack. We got him to> > > the hospital in time and there was very minimal damage done. The> real> > > damage was to our finances, because at that time (again) we weren't> > > insured. The cardiologist had just bought a house and needed lots of> > > electrical work, so Chaz performed $4k worth of work on his house in> > > exchange for all of the doctor bills! We still owed the hospital> $4k,> > > but were able to pay them off slowly.> > > So, we love to barter. We check Craigslist every day for things,> which> > > is how I got my jewelry.> > > Ummmm, I gotta go now. Craigslist is calling my

name...... :)> > > Hope each and every one of you is enjoying a lovely Sunday.> > > YAY for Spring!!!!> > > Hugs!> > > Babs> > >> >> K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14

Guest guest

Hi Bruce,

I am sorry for you loss, as well. I hope you and your family are okay. If I can help, just let me know.CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi

Subject: Re: Re: Sher and Mental EnergyTo: Breathe-Support Date: Monday, April 21, 2008, 3:59 PM

Bruce....oh forgive me....I was so busy gabbing about me and my finished tasks I did not send my personal condolences to you concerning your uncles death. I know your family will be glad to see you, even if surprised. They'll talk about your trip there "in your condition" forever!

OT/My pink fishing pole, and other> > > Sunday ramblings> > > >> > > >> > > > Chaz bought me a pink fishing pole the other day at the Bass Pro> > Shop> > > > in San . We were going to go out fishing in the boattoday at> > > > Canyon Lake, but he has another one of his headaches (not sure> > what's> > > > causing them, we think he needs an MRI and he has no health> > insurance)> > > > so instead I'm sitting here at the desk playing around on the> > > internet.> > > > Just as well, because we forgot that I don't have a fishinglicense> > > > and I'm such a namby-pamby that I won't risk

being caught andfined.> > > > No cashola for the dang thing anyway....sucks being poor.> > > > Do any of you barter? Just asking, 'cuz that's how my Chaz gothis> > > > boat. There's a well-to-do builder that he works for, and Chazjust> > > > asked "would you buy this boat for me in exhange for underground> > > > utility work" and the man said Yes! Done deal. The Chaz loveshis> > > > boat, and the builder gets his works done and charges thecustomer> > > > more than the asking price of the boat. So really, the only oneout> > > > anything here is the poor homeowner, and they are VERY wealthyand> > can> > > > well afford the overage, and of course they get theirunderground> > > > utilities put in. That's me justifying the whole deal.... :)> > >

> We did some other bartering recently too, and I got some lovely> > > > jewelry out of the transaction. Just seems a neat way to me torid> > > > oneself of stuff not being used, and gain something you need.Well,> > I> > > > didn't NEED the jewelry..... LOL!> > > > We also planted some veggie plants today. We do our gardening in> > > > containers to make it easier on me. We planted squash, tomatoes,> > > > jalapenos and hmmmmm....forgot what else. Now that there's aHome> > > > Depot only 4 miles away we should be able to keep a very lovely> > > > container garden. My one rose bush that I planted is doing> > > > spectacularly well, and one more is on the way. I'm going to> > > > eventually plant them in half-barrels. Trying to dig holes inthis> > > >

Hill Country rock is next to impossible.> > > > Chaz just came in and said No Fishing today. His head stillhurts.> > > > Gives me time to get my license and be legal.> > > > The next thing we may barter for is a motor home. That's theonly> > way> > > > to go camping, in my opinion. Well, other than a HolidayInn....LOL!> > > > Oh, this all reminds me of the biggest barter we ever did. WhenChaz> > > > was 35, he got food poisoning, which caused a UTI, which in turn> > > > caused peridcarditis, and he had a mild heart attack. We got himto> > > > the hospital in time and there was very minimal damage done. The> > real> > > > damage was to our finances, because at that time (again) weweren't> > > > insured. The cardiologist had just bought a house and

neededlots of> > > > electrical work, so Chaz performed $4k worth of work on hishouse in> > > > exchange for all of the doctor bills! We still owed the hospital> > $4k,> > > > but were able to pay them off slowly.> > > > So, we love to barter. We check Craigslist every day for things,> > which> > > > is how I got my jewelry.> > > > Ummmm, I gotta go now. Craigslist is calling my name...... :)> > > > Hope each and every one of you is enjoying a lovely Sunday.> > > > YAY for Spring!!!!> > > > Hugs!> > > > Babs> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Steve....thank you....just your understanding and caring is all I need. I'm feeling better now that I dumped on Bruce! lllloolll. (He can push my buttons in a good way and we have good talks. Don't tell him I said this tho')......

Oh Steve, I'm sorry you are struggling to go on such a wonderful thing as a cruise. While onboard though you can sit and soak up sunshine (we hope) and let Vicky go do the more active things. There is always something going on. Just sitting and people watching is fun in itself.

Didn't your pain discussion accomplish anything when you saw the Dr. a few days ago???

There is of course a full Infirmary on board....do you have arrangements for your O2 finished? Your provider will take it right to your room and pick it up after you leave................

It's a two way street....if I can do anything your way give me a call!

Guest guest

No ox yet just unbearable shakes and pain. The Doctor argeed no more talk of taking me off oxycodone, so I will just increase till I can stand it. The pain that is. Remember I suffer from mango man syndrom too.

Steve59 from WA IPF 2006

Reply-To: Breathe-Support To: <Breathe-Support >Subject: Re: Re: Sher and Mental EnergyDate: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 14:11:47 -0700

Steve....thank you....just your understanding and caring is all I need. I'm feeling better now that I dumped on Bruce! lllloolll. (He can push my buttons in a good way and we have good talks. Don't tell him I said this tho')......

Oh Steve, I'm sorry you are struggling to go on such a wonderful thing as a cruise. While onboard though you can sit and soak up sunshine (we hope) and let Vicky go do the more active things. There is always something going on. Just sitting and people watching is fun in itself.

Didn't your pain discussion accomplish anything when you saw the Dr. a few days ago???

There is of course a full Infirmary on board....do you have arrangements for your O2 finished? Your provider will take it right to your room and pick it up after you leave................

It's a two way street....if I can do anything your way give me a call!

Guest guest

HI JANE, How are you doing? And ? I know your excited about San . Did you say y'all are flying? I know you'll have a wonderful time. I am sooo glad you finally have A Doctor you like and is GOOD. You deserve it. Love and Prayers, PeggyIPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up." Mama-Sher,  I have had so many incompetent doctors (especially pulmos) that my brother will tell me "You didn't like what you heard."  I changed to my best pulmo one year ago, at Emory, which is a major ILD center.  But even within that clinic, I had a bad pulmo and changed to one who is involved in ILD diseases.  In fact, he is in charge of ILD.  My personal goal at this time is to try to qualify for a drug trial.  My doctor told me that I am not sick enough to be referred for transplant. I know I can do all I can for IPF by participating in a drug trial.  We who have this disease are all terminal.  But look at your PFTs and all your other tests, and those tests will tell you how you are doing. I spoke with the administrator of the pulmonary department at Emory and she referred me to Tamra !  (Bruce also spoke to her).  She told me about all the doctors that I could choose from.  My doctor is her husband and she is his nurse.  Try staying busy, Mama-Sher, and it will keep your mind occupied with other things.  You are on less oxygen than I am!  (LOL)Toodles!Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl> > > >> > > > Babs... I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. At least I see a> > post.> > > > I love bartering but seems like people don't do it much anymore. I> > > can never seem to find a good "barter" where I come out even. LOL.> > > > I like Craig's List too...........> > > > I've been working on my little "project" for a few hours. Boy, I> > > poop out a whole lot sooner than I used to. I could work on a project> > > all day long... now my arthritic hands freeze up and my back hurts> > > and.........wah wah wah............heheeee> > > > Typing a little bit loosens my hands some so I've done that now I> > > think I'll go watch some TV.> > > > Later gator!> > > > Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.> > > > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!> > > >> > > > OT/My pink fishing pole, and other> > > Sunday ramblings> > > >> > > >> > > > Chaz bought me a pink fishing pole the other day at the Bass Pro> > Shop> > > > in San . We were going to go out fishing in the boat today at> > > > Canyon Lake, but he has another one of his headaches (not sure> > what's> > > > causing them, we think he needs an MRI and he has no health> > insurance)> > > > so instead I'm sitting here at the desk playing around on the> > > internet.> > > > Just as well, because we forgot that I don't have a fishing license> > > > and I'm such a namby-pamby that I won't risk being caught and fined.> > > > No cashola for the dang thing anyway....sucks being poor.> > > > Do any of you barter? Just asking, 'cuz that's how my Chaz got his> > > > boat. There's a well-to-do builder that he works for, and Chaz just> > > > asked "would you buy this boat for me in exhange for underground> > > > utility work" and the man said Yes! Done deal. The Chaz loves his> > > > boat, and the builder gets his works done and charges the customer> > > > more than the asking price of the boat. So really, the only one out> > > > anything here is the poor homeowner, and they are VERY wealthy and> > can> > > > well afford the overage, and of course they get their underground> > > > utilities put in. That's me justifying the whole deal.... :)> > > > We did some other bartering recently too, and I got some lovely> > > > jewelry out of the transaction. Just seems a neat way to me to rid> > > > oneself of stuff not being used, and gain something you need. Well,> > I> > > > didn't NEED the jewelry.....LOL!> > > > We also planted some veggie plants today. We do our gardening in> > > > containers to make it easier on me. We planted squash, tomatoes,> > > > jalapenos and hmmmmm....forgot what else. Now that there's a Home> > > > Depot only 4 miles away we should be able to keep a very lovely> > > > container garden. My one rose bush that I planted is doing> > > > spectacularly well, and one more is on the way. I'm going to> > > > eventually plant them in half-barrels. Trying to dig holes in this> > > > Hill Country rock is next to impossible.> > > > Chaz just came in and said No Fishing today. His head still hurts.> > > > Gives me time to get my license and be legal.> > > > The next thing we may barter for is a motor home. That's the only> > way> > > > to go camping, in my opinion. Well, other than a Holiday Inn....LOL!> > > > Oh, this all reminds me of the biggest barter we ever did. When Chaz> > > > was 35, he got food poisoning, which caused a UTI, which in turn> > > > caused peridcarditis, and he had a mild heart attack. We got him to> > > > the hospital in time and there was very minimal damage done. The> > real> > > > damage was to our finances, because at that time (again) we weren't> > > > insured. The cardiologist had just bought a house and needed lots of> > > > electrical work, so Chaz performed $4k worth of work on his house in> > > > exchange for all of the doctor bills! We still owed the hospital> > $4k,> > > > but were able to pay them off slowly.> > > > So, we love to barter. We check Craigslist every day for things,> > which> > > > is how I got my jewelry.> > > > Ummmm, I gotta go now. Craigslist is calling my name...... :)> > > > Hope each and every one of you is enjoying a lovely Sunday.> > > > YAY for Spring!!!!> > > > Hugs!> > > > Babs> > > >> > >> >> > > > > > > > > > > K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> 14> > > ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.>

Guest guest

Steve.... when I was on Oxycodone I was told no more than 6/day......how many does your Dr say is ok? Is she agreeable to perhaps a different med that "works better"? Well even Mango men get shaky! I will email you privately at a hint a Dr gave me.............about pain meds.

Guest guest

> > > > >

> > > > > Babs... I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. At least I

see a

> > > post.

> > > > > I love bartering but seems like people don't do it much

anymore.

> I

> > > > can never seem to find a good " barter " where I come out

even. LOL.

> > > > > I like Craig's List too...........

> > > > > I've been working on my little " project " for a few hours.

Boy, I

> > > > poop out a whole lot sooner than I used to. I could work on a

> project

> > > > all day long... now my arthritic hands freeze up and my back

hurts

> > > > and.........wah wah wah............heheeee

> > > > > Typing a little bit loosens my hands some so I've done

that now

> I

> > > > think I'll go watch some TV.

> > > > > Later gator!

> > > > > Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.

> > > > > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

> > > > >

> > > > > OT/My pink fishing pole, and

other

> > > > Sunday ramblings

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Chaz bought me a pink fishing pole the other day at the

Bass Pro

> > > Shop

> > > > > in San . We were going to go out fishing in the boat

> today at

> > > > > Canyon Lake, but he has another one of his headaches (not

sure

> > > what's

> > > > > causing them, we think he needs an MRI and he has no health

> > > insurance)

> > > > > so instead I'm sitting here at the desk playing around on

the

> > > > internet.

> > > > > Just as well, because we forgot that I don't have a fishing

> license

> > > > > and I'm such a namby-pamby that I won't risk being caught

and

> fined.

> > > > > No cashola for the dang thing anyway....sucks being poor.

> > > > > Do any of you barter? Just asking, 'cuz that's how my Chaz

got

> his

> > > > > boat. There's a well-to-do builder that he works for, and

Chaz

> just

> > > > > asked " would you buy this boat for me in exhange for

underground

> > > > > utility work " and the man said Yes! Done deal. The Chaz

loves

> his

> > > > > boat, and the builder gets his works done and charges the

> customer

> > > > > more than the asking price of the boat. So really, the

only one

> out

> > > > > anything here is the poor homeowner, and they are VERY

wealthy

> and

> > > can

> > > > > well afford the overage, and of course they get their

> underground

> > > > > utilities put in. That's me justifying the whole

deal.... :)

> > > > > We did some other bartering recently too, and I got some

lovely

> > > > > jewelry out of the transaction. Just seems a neat way to

me to

> rid

> > > > > oneself of stuff not being used, and gain something you

need.

> Well,

> > > I

> > > > > didn't NEED the jewelry.....LOL!

> > > > > We also planted some veggie plants today. We do our

gardening in

> > > > > containers to make it easier on me. We planted squash,

tomatoes,

> > > > > jalapenos and hmmmmm....forgot what else. Now that there's

a

> Home

> > > > > Depot only 4 miles away we should be able to keep a very

lovely

> > > > > container garden. My one rose bush that I planted is doing

> > > > > spectacularly well, and one more is on the way. I'm going

to

> > > > > eventually plant them in half-barrels. Trying to dig holes

in

> this

> > > > > Hill Country rock is next to impossible.

> > > > > Chaz just came in and said No Fishing today. His head still

> hurts.

> > > > > Gives me time to get my license and be legal.

> > > > > The next thing we may barter for is a motor home. That's

the

> only

> > > way

> > > > > to go camping, in my opinion. Well, other than a Holiday

> Inn....LOL!

> > > > > Oh, this all reminds me of the biggest barter we ever did.

When

> Chaz

> > > > > was 35, he got food poisoning, which caused a UTI, which

in turn

> > > > > caused peridcarditis, and he had a mild heart attack. We

got him

> to

> > > > > the hospital in time and there was very minimal damage

done. The

> > > real

> > > > > damage was to our finances, because at that time (again) we

> weren't

> > > > > insured. The cardiologist had just bought a house and

needed

> lots of

> > > > > electrical work, so Chaz performed $4k worth of work on his

> house in

> > > > > exchange for all of the doctor bills! We still owed the

hospital

> > > $4k,

> > > > > but were able to pay them off slowly.

> > > > > So, we love to barter. We check Craigslist every day for

things,

> > > which

> > > > > is how I got my jewelry.

> > > > > Ummmm, I gotta go now. Craigslist is calling my

name...... :)

> > > > > Hope each and every one of you is enjoying a lovely Sunday.

> > > > > YAY for Spring!!!!

> > > > > Hugs!

> > > > > Babs

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Gita...thanks for your post...I'm feeling better today. Yes, activity is a good thing and I do feel good about all I accomplished in the last 2 days. Have a little more to do today and want to get on to my secret mission too, but here I sit!

Hope all is well with you Gita!

OT/My pink fishing pole, and other> > > > Sunday ramblings> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Chaz bought me a pink fishing pole the other day at the Bass Pro> > > Shop> > > > > in San . We were going to go out fishing in the boat> today at> > > > > Canyon Lake, but he has another one of his headaches (not sure> > > what's> > > > > causing them, we think he needs an MRI and he has no health> > > insurance)> > > > > so instead I'm sitting here at the desk playing around on the> > > > internet.> > > > > Just as well, because we forgot that I don't have a fishing> license> > > > > and I'm such a namby-pamby that I won't risk being caught and> fined.> > > > > No cashola for the dang thing anyway....sucks being poor.> > > > > Do any of you barter? Just asking, 'cuz that's how my Chaz got> his> > > > > boat. There's a well-to-do builder that he works for, and Chaz> just> > > > > asked "would you buy this boat for me in exhange for underground> > > > > utility work" and the man said Yes! Done deal. The Chaz loves> his> > > > > boat, and the builder gets his works done and charges the> customer> > > > > more than the asking price of the boat. So really, the only one> out> > > > > anything here is the poor homeowner, and they are VERY wealthy> and> > > can> > > > > well afford the overage, and of course they get their> underground> > > > > utilities put in. That's me justifying the whole deal.... :)> > > > > We did some other bartering recently too, and I got some lovely> > > > > jewelry out of the transaction. Just seems a neat way to me to> rid> > > > > oneself of stuff not being used, and gain something you need.> Well,> > > I> > > > > didn't NEED the jewelry.....LOL!> > > > > We also planted some veggie plants today. We do our gardening in> > > > > containers to make it easier on me. We planted squash, tomatoes,> > > > > jalapenos and hmmmmm....forgot what else. Now that there's a> Home> > > > > Depot only 4 miles away we should be able to keep a very lovely> > > > > container garden. My one rose bush that I planted is doing> > > > > spectacularly well, and one more is on the way. I'm going to> > > > > eventually plant them in half-barrels. Trying to dig holes in> this> > > > > Hill Country rock is next to impossible.> > > > > Chaz just came in and said No Fishing today. His head still> hurts.> > > > > Gives me time to get my license and be legal.> > > > > The next thing we may barter for is a motor home. That's the> only> > > way> > > > > to go camping, in my opinion. Well, other than a Holiday> Inn....LOL!> > > > > Oh, this all reminds me of the biggest barter we ever did. When> Chaz> > > > > was 35, he got food poisoning, which caused a UTI, which in turn> > > > > caused peridcarditis, and he had a mild heart attack. We got him> to> > > > > the hospital in time and there was very minimal damage done. The> > > real> > > > > damage was to our finances, because at that time (again) we> weren't> > > > > insured. The cardiologist had just bought a house and needed> lots of> > > > > electrical work, so Chaz performed $4k worth of work on his> house in> > > > > exchange for all of the doctor bills! We still owed the hospital> > > $4k,> > > > > but were able to pay them off slowly.> > > > > So, we love to barter. We check Craigslist every day for things,> > > which> > > > > is how I got my jewelry.> > > > > Ummmm, I gotta go now. Craigslist is calling my name...... :)> > > > > Hope each and every one of you is enjoying a lovely Sunday.> > > > > YAY for Spring!!!!> > > > > Hugs!> > > > > Babs> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>