RemedySpot.com

Re: Home From the Big House

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

awwwwwwww, that was horrible what you had to endure . Wish I could do something to help you, just know I am here and praying for ya. And your right, I dont think it had to be that bad, somebody screwed up.

Love you,

Vicky81856Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car listings at AOL Autos.

Guest guest

Oh Joyce, I'm so glad you are home. I've been worried and I've prayed for you every day. I saw your pic in the album and I'm so glad I can now put a face with you name. Welcome back girl. We sorely missed your words of wisdom and encouragement. We are so glad you are home. The experience was horrific and I cannot imagine the poor medicine that went on. I'll pray for an erasure of your rememberer. (Is that a word?) Have a good night sleep dear. LInda k Illinois Joyce wrote: Hi Group, I'm Home! They didn't kill me in the Big House, although they injured me severely. They have starved me, I am black and blue from shoulder to fingertips. Yes, they took blood from my fingers. I was in surgery on three different days. So, they would not let me eat or drink after midnight, then not do surgery until late in the day. Then bring some slimy inedible left over. Good news! My pulmonary pressures dropped from 61 to 40 with the Flolan. My Angioplasty and stent placement was successful. I now have a Hickman Catheter buried in my chest. That surgery was horrific. They

were trying not to give me much anesthesia and I came fully awake while they were jamming that apparatus through my neck. They take it up into the jugular vein, then down over the collar bone. That is where they were when I came to. That was worse pain than I have ever endured and they just kept going in spite of my screaming. My hands were secured or I would have been fighting my way out of there. I jumped the doc later. He said it was the anesthesiologist's fault, but I think they were both at fault. These guys should have been auto mechanics. It was awful. I think I will go on Montel and tell my story. It is over and I will try to put it behind me, but I keep remembering the sounds and smell and I remember the warm blood running down the back of my neck. Lordy, how do you forget that. Idiots! They did the

stent, etc on Tue, the teeth extraction on Thursday and the butchering job on Saturday. On Sunday, Shelby (my 14 year old grandaughter) came and we just snuggled up on the hospital bed and rested. We had such a good day. I was so dopey and she giggled all day. I was ever so ready to come home today. I just discovered that the entire time that I was in the hospital, I didn't take my Prednisone 20mg. I neglected to put it on my list. I know how dangerous it is to just stop. This doc wants me off and I want off, so I will call in the a.m. Maybe he will just let me stay off. That was stupid on my part. There is just so much to keep up with. Well, I have some reading to do here. I have missed you guys. Be back tomorrow. Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16 K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Joyce, Your royal highness!!!!!I'm so glad

you're home away from those

terrible people!!!! You deserve so much more compassionate care!!!

What's wrong with them all?

Just reading your description of the horrors made me angry...the

experience must have been

unbearable!!!

Get those hugs from your grand daughter and here's one from me.

((((((((HUG ))))))))

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z 64,

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No, NSIP was not

self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to

Darah

and Sara

“I’m gonna be

iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

Joyce wrote:

Hi Group,

I'm Home! They

didn't kill me in the Big House, although they injured me severely.

They have starved

me, I am black and blue from shoulder to fingertips. Yes, they took

blood from my fingers. I was in surgery on three different days. So,

they would not let me eat or drink after midnight, then not do surgery

until late in the day. Then bring some slimy inedible left over.

Good news! My

pulmonary pressures dropped from 61 to 40 with the Flolan. My

Angioplasty and stent placement was successful. I now have a Hickman

Catheter buried in my chest. That surgery was horrific. They were

trying not to give me much anesthesia and I came fully awake while they

were jamming that apparatus through my neck. They take it up into the

jugular vein, then down over the collar bone. That is where they

were when I came to. That was worse pain than I have ever endured and

they just kept going in spite of my screaming. My hands were secured

or I would have been fighting my way out of there. I jumped the doc

later. He said it was the anesthesiologist's fault, but I think

they were both at fault. These guys should have been auto mechanics.

It was awful. I think I will go on Montel and tell my story. It is

over and I will try to put it behind me, but I keep remembering the

sounds and smell and I remember the warm blood running down the back of

my neck. Lordy, how do you forget that. Idiots!

They did the stent,

etc on Tue, the teeth extraction on Thursday and the butchering job on

Saturday. On Sunday, Shelby (my 14 year old grandaughter) came and we

just snuggled up on the hospital bed and rested. We had such a good

day. I was so dopey and she giggled all day.

I was ever so ready

to come home today. I just discovered that the entire time that I was

in the hospital, I didn't take my Prednisone 20mg. I neglected to put

it on my list. I know how dangerous it is to just stop. This doc

wants me off and I want off, so I will call in the a.m. Maybe he will

just let me stay off. That was stupid on my part. There is just so

much to keep up with.

Well, I have some

reading to do here. I have missed you guys. Be back tomorrow.

Hugs, Joyce D.

Pulmonary

Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008

Mixed Connective Tissue

Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006

......I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of

my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 269.23.2/1389 - Release Date: 4/21/2008 8:34 AM

Guest guest

Hi, I am so glad you are HOME. I didn't call back because I didn't want to tire you. Oh the horrid things you had to endure. And here I gripped over my eye mess. I am so glad your little Grand-daughter gave you some good cuddle time. That does make the worldturn a bunch easier. I hope you get to stay off the prednisone. I think you are through the dangerous time with it. I hope.Rest well girlfriend. You have had lots of prayers.Love and Prayers, PeggyIPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up." Hi Group,I'm Home!  They didn't kill me in the Big House, although they injured me severely.They have starved me, I am black and blue from shoulder to fingertips.  Yes, they took blood from my fingers.  I was in surgery on three different days.  So, they would not let me eat or drink after midnight, then not do surgery until late in the day.  Then bring some slimy inedible left over. Good news!  My pulmonary pressures dropped from 61 to 40 with the Flolan.  My Angioplasty and stent placement was successful.  I now have a Hickman Catheter buried in my chest.  That surgery was horrific.  They were trying not to give me much anesthesia and I came fully awake while they were jamming that apparatus through my neck.  They take it up into the jugular vein, then down over the collar bone.  That is where they were when I came to.  That was worse pain than I have ever endured and they just kept going in spite of my screaming.  My hands were secured or I would have been fighting my way out of there.  I jumped the doc later.  He said it was the anesthesiologist's fault, but I think they were both at fault.  These guys should have been auto mechanics.  It was awful.  I think I will go on Montel and tell my story.  It is over and I will try to put it behind me, but I keep remembering the sounds and smell and I remember the warm blood running down the back of my neck.  Lordy, how do you forget that.  Idiots! They did the stent, etc on Tue, the teeth extraction on Thursday and the butchering job on Saturday.  On Sunday, Shelby (my 14 year old grandaughter) came and we just snuggled up on the hospital bed and rested.  We had such a good day.  I was so dopey and she giggled all day. I was ever so ready to come home today.  I just discovered that the entire time that I was in the hospital, I didn't take my Prednisone 20mg.  I neglected to put it on my list.  I know how dangerous it is to just stop.  This doc wants me off and I want off, so I will call in the a.m.  Maybe he will just let me stay off.  That was stupid on my part.  There is just so much to keep up with. Well, I have some reading to do here.  I have missed you guys.  Be back tomorrow. Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997    Bronchiectasis 2004    Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc)  Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you.  Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands.  Isaiah 49: 15-16 

Guest guest

Joyce.............being the reactionary that I am.......sounds to me like it's time to enlist the services 2 friends of mine....Vinnie and Guido.........hope you get to feeling better jim IPF 05 alaska Joyce wrote: Hi Group, I'm Home! They didn't kill me in the Big House, although they injured me severely. They have starved me, I am black and blue from shoulder to fingertips. Yes, they took blood from my fingers. I was in surgery on three different days. So, they would not let me eat or drink after midnight, then not do surgery until late in the day. Then bring some slimy inedible left over. Good news! My pulmonary pressures dropped from 61 to 40 with the Flolan. My Angioplasty and stent placement was successful. I now have a Hickman Catheter buried in my chest. That surgery was horrific. They were trying not to give me much anesthesia and I came fully awake while they were jamming that apparatus through my neck.

They take it up into the jugular vein, then down over the collar bone. That is where they were when I came to. That was worse pain than I have ever endured and they just kept going in spite of my screaming. My hands were secured or I would have been fighting my way out of there. I jumped the doc later. He said it was the anesthesiologist's fault, but I think they were both at fault. These guys should have been auto mechanics. It was awful. I think I will go on Montel and tell my story. It is over and I will try to put it behind me, but I keep remembering the sounds and smell and I remember the warm blood running down the back of my neck. Lordy, how do you forget that. Idiots! They did the stent, etc on Tue, the teeth extraction on Thursday and the butchering job on Saturday. On Sunday, Shelby (my 14 year old

grandaughter) came and we just snuggled up on the hospital bed and rested. We had such a good day. I was so dopey and she giggled all day. I was ever so ready to come home today. I just discovered that the entire time that I was in the hospital, I didn't take my Prednisone 20mg. I neglected to put it on my list. I know how dangerous it is to just stop. This doc wants me off and I want off, so I will call in the a.m. Maybe he will just let me stay off. That was stupid on my part. There is just so much to keep up with. Well, I have some reading to do here. I have missed you guys. Be back tomorrow. Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis

1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16

Guest guest

Joyce,

They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger but my goodness what you've been through borders on the absurd....What a horror!

I'm so sorry and so relieved you are home!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Home From the Big House

Hi Group,

I'm Home! They didn't kill me in the Big House, although they injured me severely.

They have starved me, I am black and blue from shoulder to fingertips. Yes, they took blood from my fingers. I was in surgery on three different days. So, they would not let me eat or drink after midnight, then not do surgery until late in the day. Then bring some slimy inedible left over.

Good news! My pulmonary pressures dropped from 61 to 40 with the Flolan. My Angioplasty and stent placement was successful. I now have a Hickman Catheter buried in my chest. That surgery was horrific. They were trying not to give me much anesthesia and I came fully awake while they were jamming that apparatus through my neck. They take it up into the jugular vein, then down over the collar bone. That is where they were when I came to. That was worse pain than I have ever endured and they just kept going in spite of my screaming. My hands were secured or I would have been fighting my way out of there. I jumped the doc later. He said it was the anesthesiologist' s fault, but I think they were both at fault. These guys should have been auto mechanics. It was awful. I think I will go on Montel and tell my story. It is

over and I will try to put it behind me, but I keep remembering the sounds and smell and I remember the warm blood running down the back of my neck. Lordy, how do you forget that. Idiots!

They did the stent, etc on Tue, the teeth extraction on Thursday and the butchering job on Saturday. On Sunday, Shelby (my 14 year old grandaughter) came and we just snuggled up on the hospital bed and rested. We had such a good day. I was so dopey and she giggled all day.

I was ever so ready to come home today. I just discovered that the entire time that I was in the hospital, I didn't take my Prednisone 20mg. I neglected to put it on my list. I know how dangerous it is to just stop. This doc wants me off and I want off, so I will call in the a.m. Maybe he will just let me stay off. That was stupid on my part. There is just so much to keep up with.

Well, I have some reading to do here. I have missed you guys. Be back tomorrow.

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16

Guest guest

Joyce,

I'm so glad and relieved you're back home. I'm getting ready to go in, in the big house I have to be there for 8am.

Take Care

Irene

---- Original Message ----

To: Breathe-Support

Sent: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 2:39 am

Subject: Re: Home From the Big House

Joyce,

They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger but my goodness what you've been through borders on the absurd....What a horror!

Beth

Home From the Big House

Hi Group,

I'm Home! They didn't kill me in the Big House, although they injured me severely.

They have starved me, I am black and blue from shoulder to fingertips. Yes, they took blood from my fingers. I was in surgery on three different days. So, they would not let me eat or drink after midnight, then not do surgery until late in the day. Then bring some slimy inedible left over.

Good news! My pulmonary pressures dropped from 61 to 40 with the Flolan. My Angioplasty and stent placement was successful. I now have a Hickman Catheter buried in my chest. That surgery was horrific. They were trying not to give me much anesthesia and I came fully awake while they were jamming that apparatus through my neck. They take it up into the jugular vein, then down over the collar bone. That is where they were when I came to. That was worse pain than I have ever endured and they just kept going in spite of my screaming. My hands were secured or I would have been fighting my way out of there. I jumped the doc later. He said it was the anesthesiologist' s fault, but I think they were both at fault. These guys should have been auto mechanics. It was awful. I think I will go on Montel and tell my story. It is over and I will try to put it behind me, but I keep remembering the sounds and smell and I remember the warm blood running down the back of my neck. Lordy, how do you forget that. Idiots!

They did the stent, etc on Tue, the teeth extraction on Thursday and the butchering job on Saturday. On Sunday, Shelby (my 14 year old grandaughter) came and we just snuggled up on the hospital bed and rested. We had such a good day. I was so dopey and she giggled all day.

I was ever so ready to come home today. I just discovered that the entire time that I was in the hospital, I didn't take my Prednisone 20mg. I neglected to put it on my list. I know how dangerous it is to just stop. This doc wants me off and I want off, so I will call in the a.m. Maybe he will just let me stay off. That was stupid on my part. There is just so much to keep up with.

Hugs, Joyce D.

Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008

Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006

......I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16

Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment – with a Canadian perspective.

Guest guest

Welcome home Joyce, I'm so sorry that you've had a nasty experience, take care of yourself and get some rest and some proper food now you're home

Love Ze xx>> Joyce,> > I'm so glad and relieved you're back home. I'm getting ready to go in, in the big house I have to be there for 8am.> > Take Care> Irene> > ---- Original Message ----> To: Breathe-Support > Sent: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 2:39 am> Subject: Re: Home From the Big House> > > > > > > > > > Joyce,> > They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger but my goodness what you've been through borders on the absurd....What a horror!> > I'm so sorry and so relieved you are home!> > > > > ?> > Beth? > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > ?> > Change everything. Love and Forgive?? ?> > ?> > ?> > > > > Home From the Big House> > > > > > Hi Group, > > I'm Home!? They didn't kill me in the Big House, although they injured me severely.> > They have starved me, I am black and blue from shoulder to fingertips.? Yes, they took blood from my fingers.? I was in surgery on three different days.? So, they would not let me eat or drink after midnight, then not do surgery until late in the day.? Then bring some slimy inedible left over.? > > Good news!? My pulmonary pressures dropped from 61 to 40 with the Flolan.? My Angioplasty and stent placement was successful.? I now have a Hickman Catheter buried in my chest.? That surgery was horrific.? They were trying not to give me much anesthesia and I came fully awake while they were jamming that apparatus through my neck.? They take it up into the jugular vein, then down over the collar bone.? That is where?they were?when I came to.? That was worse pain than I have ever endured and they just kept going in spite of my screaming.? My hands were secured or I would have been fighting my way out of there.? I jumped the doc later.? He said it was the anesthesiologist' s fault, but I think they were both at fault.? These guys should have been auto mechanics.? It was awful.? I think I will go on Montel and tell my story.? It is over and I will try to put it behind me, but I keep remembering the sounds and smell and?I remember the warm blood running down the back of my neck.? Lordy, how do you?forget that.? Idiots!? > > They did the stent, etc on Tue, the teeth extraction on Thursday and the butchering job on Saturday.? On Sunday, Shelby (my 14 year old grandaughter) came and we just snuggled up on the hospital bed and rested.? We had such a good day.? I was so dopey and she giggled all day.? > > I was ever so ready to come home today.? I just discovered that the entire time that I was in the hospital, I didn't take my Prednisone 20mg.? I neglected to put it on my list.? I know how dangerous it is to just stop.? This doc wants me off and I want off, so I will call?in the a.m.? Maybe he will just let me stay off.? That was stupid on my part.? There is just so much to keep up with.? > > Well, I have some reading to do here.? I have missed you guys.? Be?back tomorrow.> > ?> > Hugs, Joyce D.> > Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997??? Bronchiectasis 2004??? Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 > Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc)? Rejected for Transplant 2006?> .....I will not forget you.? Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands.? Isaiah 49: 15-16?> > > > > > > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________> Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment ? with a Canadian perspective.>

Guest guest

Jim,

I am a reactionary too.

While I was still in recovery, the slug went out and told my husband that everything went well. The surgery was a breeze and that I could probably go on home that day. I'm sure he hoped I would be gone that day. Not so.

He was required to come in to see me the next day and I told him that he had promised me no pain and that he had lied. I have never been hurt so badly in my life. He tried to blame it on the anesthesiologist and I agree that he, too, was a lousy doc. After arguing with me for awhile (very professional), he said well if I couldn't take the pain from a simple chest main line procedure, he wouldn't want to be around if I had lung transplant. I told him not to worry about that! First of all, I have been through some horrible surgeries, but not FULLY AWAKE!! Secondly, he would not be doing or observing surgery on me ever again.

Oh yes, Jim, I would like to contact Vinnie and Guido.

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16---

In Breathe-Support , james wallman wrote:>> Joyce.............being the reactionary that I am.......sounds to me like it's time to enlist the services 2 friends of mine....Vinnie and Guido.........hope you get to feeling better> > jim IPF 05> alaska> > > Joyce janne5303@... wrote:> Hi Group, > I'm Home! They didn't kill me in the Big House, although they injured me severely.> They have starved me, I am black and blue from shoulder to fingertips. Yes, they took blood from my fingers. I was in surgery on three different days. So, they would not let me eat or drink after midnight, then not do surgery until late in the day. Then bring some slimy inedible left over. > Good news! My pulmonary pressures dropped from 61 to 40 with the Flolan. My Angioplasty and stent placement was successful. I now have a Hickman Catheter buried in my chest. That surgery was horrific. They were trying not to give me much anesthesia and I came fully awake while they were jamming that apparatus through my neck. They take it up into the jugular vein, then down over the collar bone. That is where they were when I came to. That was worse pain than I have ever endured and they just kept going in spite of my screaming. My hands were secured or I would have been fighting my way out of there. I jumped the doc later. He said it was the anesthesiologist's fault, but I think they were both at fault. These guys should have been auto mechanics. It was awful. I think I will go on Montel and tell my story. It is over and I will try to put it behind me, but I keep remembering the sounds and smell and I remember the warm blood running down the back of my> neck. Lordy, how do you forget that. Idiots! > They did the stent, etc on Tue, the teeth extraction on Thursday and the butchering job on Saturday. On Sunday, Shelby (my 14 year old grandaughter) came and we just snuggled up on the hospital bed and rested. We had such a good day. I was so dopey and she giggled all day. > I was ever so ready to come home today. I just discovered that the entire time that I was in the hospital, I didn't take my Prednisone 20mg. I neglected to put it on my list. I know how dangerous it is to just stop. This doc wants me off and I want off, so I will call in the a.m. Maybe he will just let me stay off. That was stupid on my part. There is just so much to keep up with. > Well, I have some reading to do here. I have missed you guys. Be back tomorrow.> > Hugs, Joyce D.> > Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 > Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 > .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16 > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.>

Guest guest

Irene,

Many prayers go with you sweetie. You have been through so much. I pray that God will guide the hands of the surgeons and soften the hearts of those who care for you. I pray that you will be treated with compassion. I pray that you have full recovery.

I had to have shots in the belly at the hospital and everytime I thought of you and your plight. >> Joyce,> > I'm so glad and relieved you're back home. I'm getting ready to go in, in the big house I have to be there for 8am.> > Take Care> Irene> > ---- Original Message ----> To: Breathe-Support > Sent: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 2:39 am> Subject: Re: Home From the Big House> > > > > > > > > > Joyce,> > They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger but my goodness what you've been through borders on the absurd....What a horror!> > I'm so sorry and so relieved you are home!> > > > > ?> > Beth? > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > ?> > Change everything. Love and Forgive?? ?> > ?> > ?> > > > > Home From the Big House> > > > > > Hi Group, > > I'm Home!? They didn't kill me in the Big House, although they injured me severely.> > They have starved me, I am black and blue from shoulder to fingertips.? Yes, they took blood from my fingers.? I was in surgery on three different days.? So, they would not let me eat or drink after midnight, then not do surgery until late in the day.? Then bring some slimy inedible left over.? > > Good news!? My pulmonary pressures dropped from 61 to 40 with the Flolan.? My Angioplasty and stent placement was successful.? I now have a Hickman Catheter buried in my chest.? That surgery was horrific.? They were trying not to give me much anesthesia and I came fully awake while they were jamming that apparatus through my neck.? They take it up into the jugular vein, then down over the collar bone.? That is where?they were?when I came to.? That was worse pain than I have ever endured and they just kept going in spite of my screaming.? My hands were secured or I would have been fighting my way out of there.? I jumped the doc later.? He said it was the anesthesiologist' s fault, but I think they were both at fault.? These guys should have been auto mechanics.? It was awful.? I think I will go on Montel and tell my story.? It is over and I will try to put it behind me, but I keep remembering the sounds and smell and?I remember the warm blood running down the back of my neck.? Lordy, how do you?forget that.? Idiots!? > > They did the stent, etc on Tue, the teeth extraction on Thursday and the butchering job on Saturday.? On Sunday, Shelby (my 14 year old grandaughter) came and we just snuggled up on the hospital bed and rested.? We had such a good day.? I was so dopey and she giggled all day.? > > I was ever so ready to come home today.? I just discovered that the entire time that I was in the hospital, I didn't take my Prednisone 20mg.? I neglected to put it on my list.? I know how dangerous it is to just stop.? This doc wants me off and I want off, so I will call?in the a.m.? Maybe he will just let me stay off.? That was stupid on my part.? There is just so much to keep up with.? > > Well, I have some reading to do here.? I have missed you guys.? Be?back tomorrow.> > ?> > Hugs, Joyce D.> > Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997??? Bronchiectasis 2004??? Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 > Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc)? Rejected for Transplant 2006?> .....I will not forget you.? Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands.? Isaiah 49: 15-16?> > > > > > > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________> Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment ? with a Canadian perspective.>

Guest guest

Joyce, Was it the Dr. from Duke ?? Lordy I could hardly get to sleep thinking of all you went through. That tells me you have one strong heart to endure that. "Thank God" I hope you get all the rest possible today.Love and Prayers, PeggyIPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up." Jim,I am a reactionary too. While I was still in recovery, the slug went out and told my husband that everything went well.  The surgery was a breeze and that I could probably go on home that day.  I'm sure he hoped I would be gone that day.  Not so.He was required to come in to see me the next day and I told him that he had promised me no pain and that he had lied.  I have never been hurt so badly in my life.  He tried to blame it on the anesthesiologist and I agree that he, too, was a lousy doc.  After arguing with me for awhile (very professional), he said well if I couldn't take the pain from a simple chest main line procedure, he wouldn't want to be around if I had lung transplant.  I told him not to worry about that!  First of all, I have been through some horrible surgeries, but not FULLY AWAKE!!  Secondly, he would not be doing or observing surgery on me ever again. Oh yes, Jim, I would like to contact Vinnie and Guido. Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997    Bronchiectasis 2004    Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc)  Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you.  Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands.  Isaiah 49: 15-16---In Breathe-Support , james wallman wrote:>> Joyce.............being the reactionary that I am.......sounds to me like it's time to enlist the services 2 friends of mine....Vinnie and Guido.........hope you get to feeling better> > jim IPF 05> alaska> > > Joyce janne5303@... wrote:> Hi Group, > I'm Home! They didn't kill me in the Big House, although they injured me severely.> They have starved me, I am black and blue from shoulder to fingertips. Yes, they took blood from my fingers. I was in surgery on three different days. So, they would not let me eat or drink after midnight, then not do surgery until late in the day. Then bring some slimy inedible left over. > Good news! My pulmonary pressures dropped from 61 to 40 with the Flolan. My Angioplasty and stent placement was successful. I now have a Hickman Catheter buried in my chest. That surgery was horrific. They were trying not to give me much anesthesia and I came fully awake while they were jamming that apparatus through my neck. They take it up into the jugular vein, then down over the collar bone. That is where they were when I came to. That was worse pain than I have ever endured and they just kept going in spite of my screaming. My hands were secured or I would have been fighting my way out of there. I jumped the doc later. He said it was the anesthesiologist's fault, but I think they were both at fault. These guys should have been auto mechanics. It was awful. I think I will go on Montel and tell my story. It is over and I will try to put it behind me, but I keep remembering the sounds and smell and I remember the warm blood running down the back of my> neck. Lordy, how do you forget that. Idiots! > They did the stent, etc on Tue, the teeth extraction on Thursday and the butchering job on Saturday. On Sunday, Shelby (my 14 year old grandaughter) came and we just snuggled up on the hospital bed and rested. We had such a good day. I was so dopey and she giggled all day. > I was ever so ready to come home today. I just discovered that the entire time that I was in the hospital, I didn't take my Prednisone 20mg. I neglected to put it on my list. I know how dangerous it is to just stop. This doc wants me off and I want off, so I will call in the a.m. Maybe he will just let me stay off. That was stupid on my part. There is just so much to keep up with. > Well, I have some reading to do here. I have missed you guys. Be back tomorrow.> > Hugs, Joyce D.> > Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 > Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 > .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16 > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.>

Guest guest

Joyce and Anesthesia

I'll tell you in my experience with the obvious mistakes in level and

length of sedation with all the horror what brought the memory back in

my mind a month or so later too. This was on my VATS. After, all the

suffering through the anesthesia wearing off, I looked at what the

insurance company paid for various services and saw the anesthesiologist

got paid almost double what the Thoracic Surgeon did. So, they get paid

at the absolute top of the medical profession and this makes two

episodes I've encountered, only one to the extent you describe and then

you had to go through this. Now, I think of future procedures and

honestly I'm not nearly as scared of the risks of two much anesthesia as

I am of the suffering of too little. I don't know what they can do

during the procedure but it sure seems like there should be a way of

monitoring your levels and seeing when its not enough, even if they

failed to get enough to start with. In my case there was no effort being

made to be careful not to give too much. Many Nurse (MB) can shed

light on what they can or can't do midway and how they monitor if at

all. It would at least seem like something similar to the probes used

during a sleep study would work.

> > Hi Group,

> > I'm Home! They didn't kill me in the Big House, although they

> injured me severely.

> > They have starved me, I am black and blue from shoulder to

> fingertips. Yes, they took blood from my fingers. I was in surgery on

> three different days. So, they would not let me eat or drink after

> midnight, then not do surgery until late in the day. Then bring some

> slimy inedible left over.

> > Good news! My pulmonary pressures dropped from 61 to 40 with the

> Flolan. My Angioplasty and stent placement was successful. I now have

> a Hickman Catheter buried in my chest. That surgery was horrific.

> They were trying not to give me much anesthesia and I came fully

> awake while they were jamming that apparatus through my neck. They

> take it up into the jugular vein, then down over the collar bone.

> That is where they were when I came to. That was worse pain than I

> have ever endured and they just kept going in spite of my screaming.

> My hands were secured or I would have been fighting my way out of

> there. I jumped the doc later. He said it was the anesthesiologist's

> fault, but I think they were both at fault. These guys should have

> been auto mechanics. It was awful. I think I will go on Montel and

> tell my story. It is over and I will try to put it behind me, but I

> keep remembering the sounds and smell and I remember the warm blood

> running down the back of my

> > neck. Lordy, how do you forget that. Idiots!

> > They did the stent, etc on Tue, the teeth extraction on Thursday

> and the butchering job on Saturday. On Sunday, Shelby (my 14 year old

> grandaughter) came and we just snuggled up on the hospital bed and

> rested. We had such a good day. I was so dopey and she giggled all

day.

> > I was ever so ready to come home today. I just discovered that the

> entire time that I was in the hospital, I didn't take my Prednisone

> 20mg. I neglected to put it on my list. I know how dangerous it is to

> just stop. This doc wants me off and I want off, so I will call in

> the a.m. Maybe he will just let me stay off. That was stupid on my

> part. There is just so much to keep up with.

> > Well, I have some reading to do here. I have missed you guys. Be

> back tomorrow.

> >

> > Hugs, Joyce D.

> >

> > Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension

> 2008

> > Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc)

> Rejected for Transplant 2006

> > .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the

> palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ---------------------------------

> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.

> Try it now.

> >

>

Guest guest

Joyce I am so glad you are home . What a horrible

experience. It is just incredible what goes on and

gets covered up. I hope everything goes smoothly now

that your home.

IPF 2/07 IL

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Be a better friend, newshound, and

know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

Guest guest

Hi Joyce,

Glad you are home, too. Hope you feel better soon!!CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi

Subject: Re: Home From the Big HouseTo: Breathe-Support Date: Tuesday, April 22, 2008, 5:20 AM

Joyce,I'm so glad and relieved you're back home. I'm getting ready to go in, in the big house I have to be there for 8am.Take CareIrene---- Original Message ----From: Beth <mbmurthayahoo (DOT) com>To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comSent: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 2:39 amSubject: Re: Home From the Big House

Joyce,

Beth

Home From the Big House

Hi Group,

Good news! My pulmonary pressures dropped from 61 to 40 with the Flolan. My Angioplasty and stent placement was successful. I now have a Hickman Catheter buried in my chest. That surgery was horrific. They were trying not to give me much anesthesia and I came fully awake while they were jamming that apparatus through my neck. They take it up into the jugular vein, then down over the collar bone. That is where they were when I came to. That was worse pain than I have ever endured and they just kept going in spite of my screaming. My hands were secured or I would have been fighting my way out of there. I jumped the doc later. He said it was the anesthesiologist' s fault, but I think they were both at fault. These guys should have been auto mechanics. It was awful. I think I will go on Montel and tell my story. It

is over and I will try to put it behind me, but I keep remembering the sounds and smell and I remember the warm blood running down the back of my neck. Lordy, how do you forget that. Idiots!

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16

Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment – with a Canadian perspective.

Guest guest

Joyce... Needless to say, I'm so glad you are home where you can get a good meal!

What an ordeal you have been through, again. You are truly a miracle Joyce.

I'm so glad you're home...........

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Home From the Big House

Hi Group,

Good news! My pulmonary pressures dropped from 61 to 40 with the Flolan. My Angioplasty and stent placement was successful. I now have a Hickman Catheter buried in my chest. That surgery was horrific. They were trying not to give me much anesthesia and I came fully awake while they were jamming that apparatus through my neck. They take it up into the jugular vein, then down over the collar bone. That is where they were when I came to. That was worse pain than I have ever endured and they just kept going in spite of my screaming. My hands were secured or I would have been fighting my way out of there. I jumped the doc later. He said it was the anesthesiologist's fault, but I think they were both at fault. These guys should have been auto mechanics. It was awful. I think I will go on Montel and tell my story. It is over and I will try to put it behind me, but I keep remembering the sounds and smell and I remember the warm blood running down the back of my neck. Lordy, how do you forget that. Idiots!

Guest guest

AJ..... I'll pitch in on the cost!

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: Home From the Big House

Joyce.............being the reactionary that I am.......sounds to me like it's time to enlist the services 2 friends of mine....Vinnie and Guido.........hope you get to feeling better

jim IPF 05

alaska

Joyce <janne5303> wrote:

Hi Group,

Good news! My pulmonary pressures dropped from 61 to 40 with the Flolan. My Angioplasty and stent placement was successful. I now have a Hickman Catheter buried in my chest. That surgery was horrific. They were trying not to give me much anesthesia and I came fully awake while they were jamming that apparatus through my neck. They take it up into the jugular vein, then down over the collar bone. That is where they were when I came to. That was worse pain than I have ever endured and they just kept going in spite of my screaming. My hands were secured or I would have been fighting my way out of there. I jumped the doc later. He said it was the anesthesiologist's fault, but I think they were both at fault. These guys should have been auto mechanics. It was awful. I think I will go on Montel and tell my story. It is over and I will try to put it behind me, but I keep remembering the sounds and smell and I remember the warm blood running down the back of my neck. Lordy, how do you forget that. Idiots!

Guest guest

Dear Queen,

I am so relieved that you are home, so angry you had to endure such a nightmare, so thankful the flolan worked! Welcome back!!!

Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California

Home From the Big House

Hi Group,

Good news! My pulmonary pressures dropped from 61 to 40 with the Flolan. My Angioplasty and stent placement was successful. I now have a Hickman Catheter buried in my chest. That surgery was horrific. They were trying not to give me much anesthesia and I came fully awake while they were jamming that apparatus through my neck. They take it up into the jugular vein, then down over the collar bone. That is where they were when I came to. That was worse pain than I have ever endured and they just kept going in spite of my screaming. My hands were secured or I would have been fighting my way out of there. I jumped the doc later. He said it was the anesthesiologist' s fault, but I think they were both at fault. These guys should have been auto mechanics. It was awful. I think I will go on Montel and tell my story. It is

over and I will try to put it behind me, but I keep remembering the sounds and smell and I remember the warm blood running down the back of my neck. Lordy, how do you forget that. Idiots!

Guest guest

Joyce, so glad you're home and out of that stupid place! Where do they

find these doctors??????

Thankfully the Flolan is working, and the surgery was successful. Now

all you need to do is EAT and rest.

Hugs and love,

Babs in Texas

>

>

> Hi Group,

>

> I'm Home! They didn't kill me in the Big House, although they injured

> me severely.

>

> They have starved me, I am black and blue from shoulder to fingertips.

> Yes, they took blood from my fingers. I was in surgery on three

> different days. So, they would not let me eat or drink after midnight,

> then not do surgery until late in the day. Then bring some slimy

> inedible left over.

>

> Good news! My pulmonary pressures dropped from 61 to 40 with the

> Flolan. My Angioplasty and stent placement was successful. I now have

> a Hickman Catheter buried in my chest. That surgery was horrific. They

> were trying not to give me much anesthesia and I came fully awake while

> they were jamming that apparatus through my neck. They take it up into

> the jugular vein, then down over the collar bone. That is where they

> were when I came to. That was worse pain than I have ever endured and

> they just kept going in spite of my screaming. My hands were secured or

> I would have been fighting my way out of there. I jumped the doc later.

> He said it was the anesthesiologist's fault, but I think they were both

> at fault. These guys should have been auto mechanics. It was awful. I

> think I will go on Montel and tell my story. It is over and I will try

> to put it behind me, but I keep remembering the sounds and smell and I

> remember the warm blood running down the back of my neck. Lordy, how do

> you forget that. Idiots!

>

> They did the stent, etc on Tue, the teeth extraction on Thursday and the

> butchering job on Saturday. On Sunday, Shelby (my 14 year old

> grandaughter) came and we just snuggled up on the hospital bed and

> rested. We had such a good day. I was so dopey and she giggled all

> day.

>

> I was ever so ready to come home today. I just discovered that the

> entire time that I was in the hospital, I didn't take my Prednisone

> 20mg. I neglected to put it on my list. I know how dangerous it is to

> just stop. This doc wants me off and I want off, so I will call in the

> a.m. Maybe he will just let me stay off. That was stupid on my part.

> There is just so much to keep up with.

>

> Well, I have some reading to do here. I have missed you guys. Be back

> tomorrow.

>

>

>

> Hugs, Joyce D.

>

> Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension

> 2008

> Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected

> for Transplant 2006

> .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of

> my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16

>

Guest guest

Peggy,

No, it was the hospital's general surgeon. A really bad one. From now on, when surgeries are set up for me, I will be the one picking out the doctors! And Anesthesiologists! It is such a chore and so easy to let someone else do it.....but this is what happens when you are a lazy little piggy.

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16> > Hi Group,> > I'm Home! They didn't kill me in the Big House, although they > injured me severely.> > They have starved me, I am black and blue from shoulder to > fingertips. Yes, they took blood from my fingers. I was in surgery on > three different days. So, they would not let me eat or drink after > midnight, then not do surgery until late in the day. Then bring some > slimy inedible left over.> > Good news! My pulmonary pressures dropped from 61 to 40 with the > Flolan. My Angioplasty and stent placement was successful. I now have > a Hickman Catheter buried in my chest. That surgery was horrific. > They were trying not to give me much anesthesia and I came fully > awake while they were jamming that apparatus through my neck. They > take it up into the jugular vein, then down over the collar bone. > That is where they were when I came to. That was worse pain than I > have ever endured and they just kept going in spite of my screaming. > My hands were secured or I would have been fighting my way out of > there. I jumped the doc later. He said it was the anesthesiologist's > fault, but I think they were both at fault. These guys should have > been auto mechanics. It was awful. I think I will go on Montel and > tell my story. It is over and I will try to put it behind me, but I > keep remembering the sounds and smell and I remember the warm blood > running down the back of my> > neck. Lordy, how do you forget that. Idiots!> > They did the stent, etc on Tue, the teeth extraction on Thursday > and the butchering job on Saturday. On Sunday, Shelby (my 14 year old > grandaughter) came and we just snuggled up on the hospital bed and > rested. We had such a good day. I was so dopey and she giggled all day.> > I was ever so ready to come home today. I just discovered that the > entire time that I was in the hospital, I didn't take my Prednisone > 20mg. I neglected to put it on my list. I know how dangerous it is to > just stop. This doc wants me off and I want off, so I will call in > the a.m. Maybe he will just let me stay off. That was stupid on my > part. There is just so much to keep up with.> > Well, I have some reading to do here. I have missed you guys. Be > back tomorrow.> >> > Hugs, Joyce D.> >> > Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension > 2008> > Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) > Rejected for Transplant 2006> > .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the > palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16> >> >> >> >> >> > ---------------------------------> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. > Try it now.> >>