RemedySpot.com

Re: Please help me...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi, I got my surgery June 10 2007. There is only a hand full of people that knows I went to get surgery over there. But I went alone as well and dont regret it at all. The hospital is beautiful nothing like the hospitals over in the states.....Very clean....You are going to love the band once you start losing the weight...I dropped 37 lbs and LOVED IT, but I ended up getting pregnant....and what is good about the band is its reversible...thats the best....I have been going there for all my fills being on this chat group I hear stories that the bandsters get their fills in their state and something goes wrong...I wouldnt even chance it especially knowing Im not fair from San Diego....Plus too Im sure there are going to be other patients that will be there with you, there was when I went and I was so comfortable and we all supported eachother, which was great....Good Luck! and you will not regret it...Yes you are going to hear

negitative remarks because they are thinking how TJ is, you are going to Mexcali and you will be with the driver who speaks spanish if you dont...You will be fine!!Jillie Diane <jillie.diane@...> wrote: I am scheduled for surgery on the 13th of March. I'm in that stage where it's all you think about though the sleepless nights! I asked my cousin to accompany me on this trip and she FREAKED that I was going to have this done is Mexico

and refused her support. I' m worried about Mexico....how did you all choose Dr, A. and what were your experiences at this hospital? Did anyone take photo's there that they can share???? When I first made this decision I was elated...now that I am 2 weeks away I'm anxious as all get out. I'm tired of fighting weight. I've been doing it my whole life. But, at the same time I dont feel like I can tell anyone that I am having this done because I am doing it in Mexico! I am currently planning to make this trip alone. Any words of advise on that? Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Hi Jillie Diane,

I went alone, altho once you get to the airport and Ernesto

picks you up, You are in wonderful hands and part of the Dr.

A's family. They will take very good care of you and you will

meet other bandsters that will accept you into the family and

of course this board is just too awesome. Welcome to the family.

Ask questions, express your thoughts and increase your knowledge

and circle of family. Hope this eases you in some way. Drink tons

of water before and after surgery. We have lots of info in our

database and files so give those a look see. Let your journey

begin.

Deb

Life with the Band is Grand

>

> I am scheduled for surgery on the 13th of March. I'm in that

stage where it's all you think about though the sleepless nights! I

asked my cousin to accompany me on this trip and she FREAKED that I

was going to have this done is Mexico and refused her support. I' m

worried about Mexico....how did you all choose Dr, A. and what were

your experiences at this hospital? Did anyone take photo's there

that they can share????

> When I first made this decision I was elated...now that I am 2

weeks away I'm anxious as all get out. I'm tired of fighting

weight. I've been doing it my whole life. But, at the same time I

dont feel like I can tell anyone that I am having this done because

I am doing it in Mexico!

>

> I am currently planning to make this trip alone. Any words of

advise on that?

>

>

>

> Never miss a thing. Make your home page.

> http://www./r/hs

>

Jillie:

You are going to get a

TON of responses to this post and the are all gong to say the same thing. RELAX.

You have made the best decision possible, as far as I am concerned J You are going to be in a

much nicer and more comfortable facility than you would ever be likely to find

uhere. You will be surrounded by a more caring group of Doctors and Staff than

you would be likely to find here also. It is highly likely that there will be

at least on returning bandster there for a fill and probably someone else being

banded so you will have company. We are all only a phone call away if you need

someone else to talk to. My cell is (707) 616-8840 if I can help and I’m

sure most others would be available also. Once you get there and meet Llolanda and

everyone else you will relax. There is NO reason to be ashamed or apprehensive about

having the suregery in Mexico.

The reality is that you are going to have surgery by one of the very best

surgeons in this field. I felt so good about it I brought my daughter down 6

months later and she was banded. She will be in Mexicali tomorrow in fact.

Craig Carothers

3-9-06

354/219/200

Sent: Monday, February 25, 2008

1:48 PM

Subject:

Please help me...

I am scheduled for surgery on the 13th of March. I'm in that

stage where it's all you think about though the sleepless nights! I asked

my cousin to accompany me on this trip and she FREAKED that I was going to have

this done is Mexico

and refused her support. I' m worried about Mexico....how did you all choose

Dr, A. and what were your experiences at this hospital? Did anyone take

photo's there that they can share????

When I first made this decision I was elated...now that I am 2 weeks

away I'm anxious as all get out. I'm tired of fighting

weight. I've been doing it my whole life. But, at the same time I

dont feel like I can tell anyone that I am having this done because I am doing

it in Mexico!

I am currently planning to make this trip alone. Any words of

advise on that?

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find

them fast with Search.

I completely agree with Craig.I think sometimes we are so uneducated about Mexico (those of us in the US) that we really don't have any clue that they have very real hospitals, very real doctors, and very real nurses too. I've referred four of my friends to Dr. A and one just had surgery Friday and I went with her. We just returned last night. It was GREAT for her, she has no complaints. Hopefully she will chime in here and tell you of her experience since it is so fresh in her mind. She said that she has never felt so comforted and well cared for. She felt as though they really care and they do.

You just have to experience everything to fully understand.If you want WLS, this is the way to go. I did it and was at goal in 10 months. I was 252 and now I am 140 (103# in 10 months, my goal. Now I'm at -112#). Best thing I ever did.

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 3:27 PM, Craig Carothers <ccarothers@...> wrote:

Jillie:

You are going to get a

TON of responses to this post and the are all gong to say the same thing. RELAX.

You have made the best decision possible, as far as I am concerned J You are going to be in a

much nicer and more comfortable facility than you would ever be likely to find

uhere. You will be surrounded by a more caring group of Doctors and Staff than

you would be likely to find here also. It is highly likely that there will be

at least on returning bandster there for a fill and probably someone else being

banded so you will have company. We are all only a phone call away if you need

someone else to talk to. My cell is (707) 616-8840 if I can help and I'm

sure most others would be available also. Once you get there and meet Llolanda and

everyone else you will relax. There is NO reason to be ashamed or apprehensive about

having the suregery in Mexico.

The reality is that you are going to have surgery by one of the very best

surgeons in this field. I felt so good about it I brought my daughter down 6

months later and she was banded. She will be in Mexicali tomorrow in fact.

Craig Carothers

3-9-06

354/219/200

Look, Jillie, each of us has had those same feelings and each of us has had to deal with people who freak out over going to Mexico. I don't have time to go through every single detail of my experience (nor do I find it necessary) but maybe telling you just this one thing will make you feel better. I had my lapband placed 2 years ago. I have been back to Mexicali 7 or 8 times simply because I believe it is the very best hospital on the face of the earth and you would not find a better surgeon anywhere! In fact, I have had other surgery performed by Dr. Aceves simply because I trust him more than any other doctor I have ever known. I will actually be at the hospital having surgery on either the 12th or the 13th as well. I will be more than happy to visit with you if you are interested. I am at my goal (actually a little below) and am having my port removed at that time. If you want any additional information, feel

free to email me if you want. You are in the best of hands, trust me! JenniJillie Diane <jillie.diane@...> wrote: I am scheduled for surgery on the 13th of March. I'm in that stage where it's all you think about though the sleepless nights! I asked my cousin to accompany me on this trip and she FREAKED that I was going to have this done is Mexico and refused her support. I' m worried

about Mexico....how did you all choose Dr, A. and what were your experiences at this hospital? Did anyone take photo's there that they can share???? When I first made this decision I was elated...now that I am 2 weeks away I'm anxious as all get out. I'm tired of fighting weight. I've been doing it my whole life. But, at the same time I dont feel like I can tell anyone that I am having this done because I am doing it in Mexico! I am currently planning to make this trip alone. Any words of advise on that? Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Jillie, I am scheduled for March 27th and have only told my closest friends and my children. I don't plan on telling the rest of my family (my nearest relative is 1200 miles away) but because for me it is a very personal issue and not because of having it done in Mexico. I don't have a problem with having medical care in Mexico. I was married to a Mexican man for 16 years and traveled quite a bit in Mexico. I began researching surgery in Mexico a year ago and found Dr. A and his team. I spent months online and the interesting thing about Dr. A was I could not find anything negative about his services, only good things. There has been quite a bit of news regarding MEDICAL TURISM in the past few years and not only is Mexico a viable option but India and Thailand among others. Don't worry

about others and their opinions. If you are comfortable with what you are doing that is what matter's most. a Jillie Diane <jillie.diane@...> wrote: I am scheduled for surgery on the 13th of March. I'm in that stage where it's all you think about though the sleepless nights! I asked my cousin to accompany me on this trip and she

FREAKED that I was going to have this done is Mexico and refused her support. I' m worried about Mexico....how did you all choose Dr, A. and what were your experiences at this hospital? Did anyone take photo's there that they can share???? When I first made this decision I was elated...now that I am 2 weeks away I'm anxious as all get out. I'm tired of fighting weight. I've been doing it my whole life. But, at the same time I dont feel like I can tell anyone that I am having this done because I am doing it in Mexico! I am currently planning to make this trip alone. Any words of advise on that? Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Hi Jillie,I had the same thing happen to me. I was trying to find someone to travel with me for my surgery and asked my sister-in-law to come with me. She told me that she had to consider that she is a wife and mother and what if we were kiddnapped, she would be leaving my brother to raise the kids by herself. OH, by the way, I'M a wife and mother too! UGH. My entire family acted like I was soooo irresponsible for choosing Mexico. It was frustrating. So I started getting VERY selective with who I told. It all ended good and when I sent my s-i-l the pictures of the beautiful hotel with the fountain in the pool, the pics of the wonderful hospital with the spotless floors and spa like sculptures and wall hanging, and the excellent staff I met she said

"well, do you want to say 'I told you so' now or later" I just said, I'm glad it was all good :) You can read about my experience on www.cyrenaweeks.blogspot.com if you would like, it talks about my struggles with my family all the way to goal (2 lbs below acutally) and what I have encountered so far on this awesome journey. Good luck and please keep us updated. If it would help to talk in real life to someone, call my cell at 701-426-6180. Cyrena WeeksDOB: 1/19/07240/143/145start/current/goalwww.cyrenaweeks.blogspot.com

Thank you Jenni! How will I be able to find you there?

Re: Please help me...

Look, Jillie, each of us has had those same feelings and each of us has had to deal with people who freak out over going to Mexico. I don't have time to go through every single detail of my experience (nor do I find it necessary) but maybe telling you just this one thing will make you feel better. I had my lapband placed 2 years ago. I have been back to Mexicali 7 or 8 times simply because I believe it is the very best hospital on the face of the earth and you would not find a better surgeon anywhere! In fact, I have had other surgery performed by Dr. Aceves simply because I trust him more than any other doctor I have ever known.

I will actually be at the hospital having surgery on either the 12th or the 13th as well. I will be more than happy to visit with you if you are interested. I am at my goal (actually a little below) and am having my port removed at that time. If you want any additional information, feel free to email me if you want.

You are in the best of hands, trust me!

JenniJillie Diane <jillie.diane> wrote:

I am scheduled for surgery on the 13th of March. I'm in that stage where it's all you think about though the sleepless nights! I asked my cousin to accompany me on this trip and she FREAKED that I was going to have this done is Mexico and refused her support. I' m worried about Mexico....how did you all choose Dr, A. and what were your experiences at this hospital? Did anyone take photo's there that they can share????

When I first made this decision I was elated...now that I am 2 weeks away I'm anxious as all get out. I'm tired of fighting weight. I've been doing it my whole life. But, at the same time I dont feel like I can tell anyone that I am having this done because I am doing it in Mexico!

I am currently planning to make this trip alone. Any words of advise on that?

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

• 6 months later...

Hello sweetie. You are in my thoughts and prayers. You are protected, and you are in control. Always. Be strong through this and take back what's yours because absolutely NO ONE can take a part of you without your consent. love, peace and healing,Stefanie>> Hi all...> I am not new in as much as I read this forum often, but I am just > asking for power and light and healing if you would help me.> I have been in a 3 day cloud of blurr with an overwhelming amount of > abuse...I am today clearer, but not clear. I need power and energy from > you so I can get my life back in control, and not under control. > Please, any guidance I will take as gold.> Thank you. Every single person out there that I don't even know,but > cares enough to extend themself to me.>

Stefanie,

Thank you, thank you. I am so grateful for strength Iam receiving, it

is real. I am working on my clarity of mind with the help of my

friends such as yourself praying and helping to send healing

thoughts. I am not going to be a victim, but in control as you said.

Please please keep me in your prayers...they are powerful.

My love,

> >

> > Hi all...

> > I am not new in as much as I read this forum often, but I am just

> > asking for power and light and healing if you would help me.

> > I have been in a 3 day cloud of blurr with an overwhelming amount

of

> > abuse...I am today clearer, but not clear. I need power and energy

> from

> > you so I can get my life back in control, and not under control.

> > Please, any guidance I will take as gold.

> > Thank you. Every single person out there that I don't even

know,but

> > cares enough to extend themself to me.

> >

>

> >

> > Hi all...

> > I am not new in as much as I read this forum often, but I am just

> > asking for power and light and healing if you would help me.

> > I have been in a 3 day cloud of blurr with an overwhelming amount

of

> > abuse...I am today clearer, but not clear. I need power and energy

> from

> > you so I can get my life back in control, and not under control.

> > Please, any guidance I will take as gold.

> > Thank you. Every single person out there that I don't even

know,but

> > cares enough to extend themself to me.

> >

>

Dear ,

I hope this email finds you well! I will keep the thought in me and ReMember Who You Are....I AM! You're an Angel and I pray that "the burden" is getting Lighter and Lighter with each passing moment. I'm sending love to you ....know you are LOVED and a Blessing to so many! You touch sooooo many lives! Whatever negative thoughts you have free your self from them with replacing them with LOVING thoughts........Believe in yourself (I beleive in YO) it's very powerful and necessary and it will provide you with fuel to carry you over the bumps in the road!!!! Your dreams will come true!!! Beleive! I believe in YOU! Namaste! HUGS!

Debbie Berger

281-881-4933

From: redheadparadis <redheadparadis@...>Subject: [] Re: Please help me... Date: Friday, September 5, 2008, 10:54 AM

Stefanie,Thank you, thank you. I am so grateful for strength Iam receiving, it is real. I am working on my clarity of mind with the help of my friends such as yourself praying and helping to send healing thoughts. I am not going to be a victim, but in control as you said. Please please keep me in your prayers...they are powerful.My love,> >> > Hi all...> > I am not new in as much as I read this forum often, but I am just> > asking for power and light and healing if you would help me.> > I have been in a 3 day cloud of blurr with an overwhelming amount of> > abuse...I am today clearer, but not clear. I need power and energy> from> > you so I can get my life back in control, and not under control.> > Please, any guidance I will take as gold.> > Thank you. Every single person out there that I don't even know,but> > cares enough to extend themself to me.> >>

Caire honey, you are already whole. And you are BEAUTIFUL! You know what decisions you must make for yourself and your family. You are strong enough to make these decisions. You are never alone. You always have a host of guides and angels at your side helping to give you strength and guidance through your pain and the changes in your life. Remember that change is inevitable at all times, and fear is only an illusion that has kept you chained for so long. My never ending love to you,Stefanie> > >> > > Hi all...> > > I am not new in as much as I read this forum often, but I am just> > > asking for power and light and healing if you would help me.> > > I have been in a 3 day cloud of blurr with an overwhelming amount > of> > > abuse...I am today clearer, but not clear. I need power and energy> > from> > > you so I can get my life back in control, and not under control.> > > Please, any guidance I will take as gold.> > > Thank you. Every single person out there that I don't even > know,but> > > cares enough to extend themself to me.> > >> >>

Thank you- I am entering a 3 day detox to rid myself of the

ridiculous amounts of medications Doctor after Doctor have been

prescribing me since my mother's passing 2 1/2 years ago. The

uncomfortable feeling is worth " feeling " if that makes any sense. But

I do need to go through detox with medical help due to the nature of

the mixture of meds, and possibility of seizure. I am praying that I

can stop tripping on the small stuff, details to make things perfect

for my children before going in. But with your strenght and words of

love and continued prayer Im realizing the best gift isn't a fake mom

with a clean house but a real mom with maybe things out of order so I

can get better first. Im so scared, I am soooo scared. I miss my

mother and I know Im finally feeling the sadness I numbed, I cry all

day my baby hugs me and kisses my hand. I love you. Thank you so much.

> > > >

> > > > Hi all...

> > > > I am not new in as much as I read this forum often, but I am

just

> > > > asking for power and light and healing if you would help me.

> > > > I have been in a 3 day cloud of blurr with an overwhelming

amount

> > of

> > > > abuse...I am today clearer, but not clear. I need power and

energy

> > > from

> > > > you so I can get my life back in control, and not under

control.

> > > > Please, any guidance I will take as gold.

> > > > Thank you. Every single person out there that I don't even

> > know,but

> > > > cares enough to extend themself to me.

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

> > > >

> > > > Hi all...

> > > > I am not new in as much as I read this forum often, but I am

just

> > > > asking for power and light and healing if you would help me.

> > > > I have been in a 3 day cloud of blurr with an overwhelming

amount

> > of

> > > > abuse...I am today clearer, but not clear. I need power and

energy

> > > from

> > > > you so I can get my life back in control, and not under

control.

> > > > Please, any guidance I will take as gold.

> > > > Thank you. Every single person out there that I don't even

> > know,but

> > > > cares enough to extend themself to me.

> > > >

> > >

> >

>