RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: O2 question/prednisone

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

FYI...........been on 10 for several months, actually got down to 5 but after a week they bumped it back up. On Monday I go to 9mg.....3 weeks, then to 8 for three weeks,1mg at a time, etc. We'll see where it goes. May find a threshold, may finally get off it. Thanx again.Bruce Moreland wrote: JimThere's nothing to be unproud of at all and this may not be related atall to PF, just another of life's ugly complications we sometimes gettossed. But I would get to neurologist and sleep study

fast. I don'tknow when you dropped the prednisone to 10 or how fast but sometimeswithdrawal is worse than being on it. You just need thorough testing asI strongly suspect it will then be easily dealt with, but guessing won'tget to it.> >> > On second thought......the longer I think about this and consultwith the pros I'm becoming certain that this is not an oxygenissue.....I actually wish

it was. The problem is that I'm having violentdreams, thrashing around in bed and really putting Eva in danger.Started about a year ago but it was infrequent......maybe once a monthor less. I'd start moaning, and twitching, then start throwing punchs. Inever remember throwing the punch, don't remember the dreams, but I dovaguely remember being in a fight. I actually hit Eva on the shoulder afew months ago, hurt her, bruised her........then this past Friday nightbegan 3 nights of this crap.....Fri nite I squeezed her arm so hard thatmy handprint is still there today. Sat nite I hit her on the top of thehead. Sunday nite I punched the head of the bed and damned near broke myhand. So....some of you are wondering why the hell she puts up withit.....why doesn't she kick me out of bed.....it's just not that simple,> > this is an extraordinary woman. However I am sleeping in another beduntil this gets sorted out.

Sunday I was a mess......I've worked mentalhealth for 22 years and there are a couple PhD clinicians here that areexcellent. Got together with them and an MD on Sunday. Got a fullphysical yesterday. They don't know...........they believe it hasnothing to do with Eva but simply depends on which side on laying on atthe time. Left side....she gets it, right side it's the head of the bed,a gun case (what? guns in the room with this moron??) a bedside standone time. We went back to when I finished cancer treatment and morphedinto the IPF. I had lots of horrible nightmares, recurring nightmaresabout death, me dying, my funeral, violent scenarios. I got "shrunk" atthe time. Really a no brainer......I was seething with rage about whatwas happening to me and awake I could keep a lid on it, asleep.......out it came. As I adjusted to the diagnosis they subsided. Now> > this........this is really long

winded.....the docs theorize thateither it's low sats, causing momentary panic, triggering a dream, etc,etc. or low blood sugar. Eva says they usually happen around 2:30 or3am, likely when I'm coming out of the first, and deepest sleep on theway to the 1st REM. Well I was still up at 2am, stuck myfinger....89...not low blood sugar. Also I wore the O2 hose all night,which I don't ordinarily do. I know, I know....I've read you folkstalking about what your sats do at night, but I sleep great.....figuredit must be okay. At 5am, while sucking the hose I did my twitch, moandance. No pinchs, but it was discouraging......sats were good. Tonightwe have a machine from inpatient at the hosp that monitors, records andprints my sats all night. So, I'll sleep with no hose and we'llsee..........jeez.....is there a question there????? Does this ring anybells for anyone? I don't suffer apnea. The next step is into

Anchoragefor a sleep study.> > I know many of you have had sleep studies. Have these been relatedto apnea or some other sleep disturbance? The sleep study is not withoutproblems. First, how do I know I can perform for them? Will I have tostay there until I do?> >> > Hey Bruce Buddy.....I'm countin' on you here..........this has to beresolved. Separate beds will protect Eva but my hands can take only somany wall strikes. I should say.......I am not a violent man, 2 actualphysical fights in 63 years. So this violent stuff is out of character.Especially now, when retirement has made such a change in my stresslevel, my disease has been stable for 8 months, maybe a year.> >> > Now that I've told my life story.......5'10", 200, brn, brn, batleft handed . I sure hope someone has an idea.. Ah yes........almostforgot....did any of you experience symptoms during sleep, other

thanapnea, as a result of low sats......I know....If I'm asleep how would Iknow? You know what I mean.........thanx ahead of time.....> >> > jim IPF 05> > alaska> >> >> > ---------------------------------> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.Try it now.> >>>>>>>> ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Tryit now.>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.