Jim/Gwynne

It's amazing how unpredictable things can be sometimes. Until last

summer I had never remembered a dream or nightmare in my life, even

though I've been tested and do have them and I'd been observed having

obvious nightmares. But, I didn't really understand the entire

experience, as odd as that may sound. Well, I had some neurological

nerve testing done one day at UTSW with minor shocks to see the

conduction. That night I had the most horrible nightmare and remembered

it quite well. I was scared to go back to sleep and didn't that night.

I've never remembered another dream or nightmare. So, a simple test just

made something happen within my sleep for the only time ever.

As to anti-rejection and other post transplant drugs, my mother had to

be given high dosages of steroids nearly 40 years ago to fight

Peritonitis after a heart bypass when they were still experimental. She

had horrible hallucinations feeling for a couple of days that everyone

in the hospital except one doctor was plotting to kill her.

Thank goodness you didn't go through the experiences your doctor warned

of.

>

> Hi Jim,

> Just a thought. At transplant, they warn you about the bizarre

> behaviors some people experience on the various meds - mostly

> the anti-rejection ones - for the week or so following transplant.

> Stuff like delusions, very realistic nightmares, ranting and high

> emotions, etc. I'm just wondering if there's any chance some of

> what you're describing could be related to some medication you

> might be taking. I'd ask a doctor for sure, as well as have a sleep

> study. Sorry you're having this problem. ouch.

>

> Hugs and blessings,

> Gwynne 57 Single-lung transplant on 4-3-08 at UTHSC -

> San , TX

>

Guest guest

Jim/Bruce/Gwynne I am following this with interest. I have been plagued with night terrors, dreams, sleep walking etc. my whole life. Neever did take medication for it even when violent. Years ago the doctor always put it off to stress at work. Common dx back when. I do have severe sleep apnea diagnosed about 2 years ago but all antidepressants sleeping pills have neverr done much. I just haven't thought much about it until this series. As you can see I am having trouble even typing because of ever worsening shakes. Tomorrow I am going for my first ever brain cat scan so we'll see. Of course I will post resultsbut am now even more curious. The scan was ordered for my worsening shakes and dementia. Steve59 from WA IPF 2006

Reply-To: Breathe-Support To: Breathe-Support Subject: Re: dreams & meds & nightmaresDate: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 22:06:40 -0000

Jim/GwynneIt's amazing how unpredictable things can be sometimes. Until lastsummer I had never remembered a dream or nightmare in my life, eventhough I've been tested and do have them and I'd been observed havingobvious nightmares. But, I didn't really understand the entireexperience, as odd as that may sound. Well, I had some neurologicalnerve testing done one day at UTSW with minor shocks to see theconduction. That night I had the most horrible nightmare and rememberedit quite well. I was scared to go back to sleep and didn't that night.I've never remembered another dream or nightmare. So, a simple test justmade something happen within my sleep for the only time ever.As to anti-rejection and other post transplant drugs, my mother had tobe given high dosages of steroids nearly 40 years ago to fightPeritonitis after a heart bypass when they were still experimental. Shehad horrible hallucinations feeling for a couple of days that everyonein the hospital except one doctor was plotting to kill her.Thank goodness you didn't go through the experiences your doctor warnedof.>> Hi Jim,> Just a thought. At transplant, they warn you about the bizarre> behaviors some people experience on the various meds - mostly> the anti-rejection ones - for the week or so following transplant.> Stuff like delusions, very realistic nightmares, ranting and high> emotions, etc. I'm just wondering if there's any chance some of> what you're describing could be related to some medication you> might be taking. I'd ask a doctor for sure, as well as have a sleep> study. Sorry you're having this problem. ouch.>> Hugs and blessings,> Gwynne 57 Single-lung transplant on 4-3-08 at UTHSC -> San , TX>