RemedySpot.com

Jane

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Bruce,

That was incredibly well said. After my divorce when I was raising my son on my own one of the hardest things for me to learn was to allow Matt to "fail and learn". For a time I was swooping in to rescue him from his own bad decisions and mistakes. Once I finally stopped doing that he started to learn on his own how to make his way in the world.

Jane, I feel for all three of you in this difficult period. Bruce is right, will eventually figure all this out but at her own pace. Being a parent is much harder than anyone could have told me. And if you think you're done when they turn 18 or 21, think again!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Mama-Sher> >> >> >> > Mama-Sher, I don't want you to have a lung bio. There are manytrials> that are ongoing at the

present time and surely, they will find some> relief for all of us! CT scans are good detectors of scarring,> especially if you have an HRCT. Have you had a scan? Kerry did nothave> a lung bio and she doesn't have to. Judy had a lung TX and she did not> have to have one either. I am sure different medical facilities have> their own requirements. In the STEP Trial, part of the protoccol is to> examine the biopsy slides and I have no idea what they want to lookfor> in connection with the trial. That in addition to HRCT, echo, EKG,lots> of blood to give them, PFTs, 6MW(at MY rate of speed) I am going this> Friday for all of the above. Except I will be signing for them to getmy> biopsy slides. (I think they should just keep them, I have taken them> there TWICE!)> >> > came home last Thursday because she had a doc appointment on>

Friday. We made a decision this weekend. is going to move back> home. Eddie & I cannot afford to have two households. Her doctorbrought> this up because I had said it was getting hard for us. is tofind> a temporary job until she can find a graphic design job. She has a hot> prospect in Chattanooga at the Times/Free Press newspaper. My brotheris> calling someone he knows there and his best friend is calling someone> else. Also, his son-in-law is in charge of the design department.> has put in applications at two stores in the Outlet Mall at I-75 andhas> been to the temp agency that helped my niece. She also applied at a> hotel next to I-75. 's lease is over at the end of June. We haveto> pay rent for for May & June. This is going to be tricky because> Eddie & I are going to San . Since we are paying rent to

theend> of the lease, we don't really have to rush and move her back toDalton.> The past weekend has been hard & upsetting. A lot of me wants > close around to be with me. But I want her to have a job. Eddie wantsto> cut back on the hours of his second job because he is absolutelypooped!> >> > My sister's father-in-law finally passed away. Yes, I said finally> because he has been so pitiful. Last August, he had a stroke, and puton> hospice. He went to the nursing home. He started doing better at the> nursing home, taking care of himself somewhat and then he falls out of> the bed. At first, he is ok, then they find him unconscious. He's back> in the hospital. He rallies around, seeming alert, but then he goesinto> a coma. The hospital wants him to leave now and he's still living. He> goes back to the nursing home last Monday,

and he died this morning.The> funeral is Wednesday afternoon and that is my exercise day. I really> don't want to give up my exercise day because I am going to Emory on> Friday. Well, maybe I will. If I don't exercise, I can't stay stable.I> will quit agonizing and then it will all work out. The agony that this> man went through really got to me. My sister told me that he would cry> (while he was in a coma) and then they would give him morphine. Ittook> him a very long time to die.> >> > Tomorrow I have a doctor appointment at my rehab doctor in> Chattanooga, Siskin Rehab Hospital.> >> > Toodles!> >> > Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl> >>

Guest guest

Jane,

You have no idea how much I admire you girlfriend! You have such strength, compassion and through it all a great silly sense of humor! I have no doubt that all will be well with your wonderful family. I know from having spent some time with you that you all love each other very much and that's the foundation that won't fail you!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Mama-Sher> > >> > >> > >> > > Mama-Sher, I don't want you to have a lung bio. There are many> trials> > that are ongoing at the present time and surely, they will find some> > relief for all of us! CT scans are good detectors of scarring,> > especially if you have an HRCT. Have you had a scan? Kerry did not> have> > a lung bio and she doesn't have to. Judy had a lung TX and she did not> > have to have one either. I am sure different medical facilities have> > their own requirements. In the STEP Trial, part of the protoccol is to> > examine the biopsy slides

and I have no idea what they want to look> for> > in connection with the trial. That in addition to HRCT, echo, EKG,> lots> > of blood to give them, PFTs, 6MW(at MY rate of speed) I am going this> > Friday for all of the above. Except I will be signing for them to get> my> > biopsy slides. (I think they should just keep them, I have taken them> > there TWICE!)> > >> > > came home last Thursday because she had a doc appointment on> > Friday. We made a decision this weekend. is going to move back> > home. Eddie & I cannot afford to have two households. Her doctor> brought> > this up because I had said it was getting hard for us. is to> find> > a temporary job until she can find a graphic design job. She has a hot> > prospect in Chattanooga at the Times/Free Press newspaper.

My brother> is> > calling someone he knows there and his best friend is calling someone> > else. Also, his son-in-law is in charge of the design department.> > > has put in applications at two stores in the Outlet Mall at I-75 and> has> > been to the temp agency that helped my niece. She also applied at a> > hotel next to I-75. 's lease is over at the end of June. We have> to> > pay rent for for May & June. This is going to be tricky because> > Eddie & I are going to San . Since we are paying rent to the> end> > of the lease, we don't really have to rush and move her back to> Dalton.> > The past weekend has been hard & upsetting. A lot of me wants > > close around to be with me. But I want her to have a job. Eddie wants> to> > cut back on the hours of his

second job because he is absolutely> pooped!> > >> > > My sister's father-in-law finally passed away. Yes, I said finally> > because he has been so pitiful. Last August, he had a stroke, and put> on> > hospice. He went to the nursing home. He started doing better at the> > nursing home, taking care of himself somewhat and then he falls out of> > the bed. At first, he is ok, then they find him unconscious. He's back> > in the hospital. He rallies around, seeming alert, but then he goes> into> > a coma. The hospital wants him to leave now and he's still living. He> > goes back to the nursing home last Monday, and he died this morning.> The> > funeral is Wednesday afternoon and that is my exercise day. I really> > don't want to give up my exercise day because I am going to Emory on> > Friday. Well, maybe

I will. If I don't exercise, I can't stay stable.> I> > will quit agonizing and then it will all work out. The agony that this> > man went through really got to me. My sister told me that he would cry> > (while he was in a coma) and then they would give him morphine. It> took> > him a very long time to die.> > >> > > Tomorrow I have a doctor appointment at my rehab doctor in> > Chattanooga, Siskin Rehab Hospital.> > >> > > Toodles!> > >> > > Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl> > >> >>