RemedySpot.com

Re: K/Don

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I don't beleive there are many on this group that are success stories. I for one could never get on a tractor and mow so Don Makes me feel better because he can. Yes some nights I ask my wife to leave the bedroom door open because I've felt close to death. But I'm always grateful that I get another day. I was a primary caregiver, with hospice help, and helped my father in law through his last 90 days of life. He died of lung cancer three years ago. I've told the group someday I would relate this experience but I'm not sure I can Other to say it was peaceful for him and the family. I think you need to go to http://www.hospice.org/ for help in answering his and your questions on death and dying. Tell Don he certainly doesn't look close to that door to me.

Also, what is a doplar? I also have uncomfortable cold legs. Steve59 from WA IPF 2006

Reply-To: Breathe-Support To: Breathe-Support Subject: Re: Jim/Sher/K/Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 13:59:48 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Sher,

I do think he saw it because he answered but you are right. I've found myself posting something and forgetting to change the subject line. Don is sleeping right now. We went to see the pcp today because we hadn't been to him since Jan. He thinks Don's coldness in the legs is more from pred than circulation, but he is going to do a doplar next week to make sure.

I so wish he would get on here. He would learn so much. He asked me this morning if he was at death's door. I told him that there have been times I've thought that but from what I can tell from the board that some are a lot worse off than he is. He doesn't believe me. He thinks you are all success stories. I tried to explain to him that everyone is at different steps in the disease. I guess the way I talk about everyone he thinks things are peachy with all.

I'll try to get him on here.

Thanks guys,

K

IllinoisSher Bauman <bofuswbcable (DOT) net> wrote:

K......be sure and watch the subject line.....maybe add your name as I did, or start a new post to Jim...........Your post appears to be asking me about snow, when you're really asking Jim, a post below mine. I think not adding a name or starting a new post is where so many of us miss stuff.

How is Don this morning? Tell him hello for me.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

$.02 worth

Once again I've been reading about dead beat doctors who, for whatever reasons, aren't meeting the needs of folks on the Board here. First, I have to say that there are genuine healers out there that are, unfortunately in my opinion, in the minority. In my case, in my pre- IPF days I had 2 oncologists. One of them I still see every 3-6 months. First he wants a CT scan to check that the cancer has not returned. After that the time is mine and much of it is spent discussing my lungs. He is damn busy, but he makes time to "treat" me. He has even researched pulmo questions to help me find answers.

Anyway, that's not why I'm writing........I'm writing about Respiratory Therapists. I've only had contact with 2 so my experience is limited, but both are EXCELLENT sources of information, One does my periodic PFT, and the other runs the small company that rents me all my O2 equipment. This guy is available 24/7. I'm not able to do pulmo rehab because I choose to live 350 miles from Anchorage so this guy makes himself available by phone. I'm making this way too long and drawn out. In my experience, both of these RTs provide me with as much or more info than any MD. Like anything else, there are bound to be duds, but I've had great experience with them.

jim IPF 05

alaska

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

Guest guest

A doplar is a scan on arteries to determine the flow of blood to the extrimities. I'm glad he suggested it. There was a 1 month wait so he butted into the hospital. They are doing it next week. Since the weather has warmed dramatically he is better, but we are expecting colder temp for a couple of days. I fear we will head back down into the pits. I'm glad to hear that you fear the "at death's door" (that sounds bad doesn't it - but that was tough for him to admit to me). He thinks he is alone. He wasn't encouraged to hear that things are going to become more of a struggle. Hopefully we can talk tomorrow night. K Central Il.STEPHEN R WILSON wrote: I don't beleive there are many on this group that are success stories. I for one could never get on a tractor and mow so Don Makes me feel better because he can. Yes some nights I ask my wife to leave the bedroom door open because I've felt close to death. But I'm always grateful that I get another day. I was a primary caregiver, with hospice help, and helped my father in law through his last 90 days of life. He died of lung cancer three years ago. I've told the group someday I would relate this experience but I'm not sure I can Other to say it was peaceful for him and the family. I think you need to go to http://www.hospice.org/ for

help in answering his and your questions on death and dying. Tell Don he certainly doesn't look close to that door to me. Also, what is a doplar? I also have uncomfortable cold legs. Steve59 from WA IPF 2006 From: Kennelly <l_kennelly>Reply-To: Breathe-Support To: Breathe-Support Subject: Re: Jim/Sher/K/Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 13:59:48 -0700 (PDT) Thanks Sher, I do think he saw it because he answered but you are right. I've found myself posting something and forgetting to change the subject line. Don is sleeping right now. We

went to see the pcp today because we hadn't been to him since Jan. He thinks Don's coldness in the legs is more from pred than circulation, but he is going to do a doplar next week to make sure. I so wish he would get on here. He would learn so much. He asked me this morning if he was at death's door. I told him that there have been times I've thought that but from what I can tell from the board that some are a lot worse off than he is. He doesn't believe me. He thinks you are all success stories. I tried to explain to him that everyone is at different steps in the disease. I guess the way I talk about everyone he thinks things are peachy with all. I'll try to get him on here. Thanks guys, K IllinoisSher Bauman <bofuswbcable (DOT) net>

wrote: K......be sure and watch the subject line.....maybe add your name as I did, or start a new post to Jim...........Your post appears to be asking me about snow, when you're really asking Jim, a post below mine. I think not adding a name or starting a new post is where so many of us miss stuff. How is Don this morning? Tell him hello for me. Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! $.02 worth Once again I've been reading about dead beat doctors who, for whatever reasons, aren't meeting the needs of folks on the Board here. First, I have to say that there are genuine healers out there that are, unfortunately in my opinion, in the minority. In my case, in my pre- IPF days I had 2 oncologists. One of them I still see every 3-6 months. First he wants a CT scan to check that the cancer has not returned. After that the time is mine and much of it is spent discussing my lungs. He is damn busy, but he makes time to "treat" me. He has even researched pulmo questions to help me find answers. Anyway, that's not why I'm writing........I'm writing about Respiratory Therapists. I've only had contact with 2 so my experience is limited, but both are

EXCELLENT sources of information, One does my periodic PFT, and the other runs the small company that rents me all my O2 equipment. This guy is available 24/7. I'm not able to do pulmo rehab because I choose to live 350 miles from Anchorage so this guy makes himself available by phone. I'm making this way too long and drawn out. In my experience, both of these RTs provide me with as much or more info than any MD. Like anything else, there are bound to be duds, but I've had great experience with them. jim IPF 05 alaska Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14 Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me

and my house, we will serve the Lord 14 Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my

house, we will serve the Lord 14

Guest guest

Where did you or Don interpret me saying things are going to get worse or more of a struggle? My intention was encouragement. I'll be waiting for results of Don's Doplar.Steve59 from WA IPF 2006

Reply-To: Breathe-Support To: Breathe-Support Subject: Re: K/DonDate: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 20:59:37 -0700 (PDT)

A doplar is a scan on arteries to determine the flow of blood to the extrimities. I'm glad he suggested it. There was a 1 month wait so he butted into the hospital. They are doing it next week. Since the weather has warmed dramatically he is better, but we are expecting colder temp for a couple of days. I fear we will head back down into the pits.

I'm glad to hear that you fear the "at death's door" (that sounds bad doesn't it - but that was tough for him to admit to me). He thinks he is alone. He wasn't encouraged to hear that things are going to become more of a struggle.

Hopefully we can talk tomorrow night.

K

Central Il.STEPHEN R WILSON <svwilsonmsn> wrote:

I don't beleive there are many on this group that are success stories. I for one could never get on a tractor and mow so Don Makes me feel better because he can. Yes some nights I ask my wife to leave the bedroom door open because I've felt close to death. But I'm always grateful that I get another day. I was a primary caregiver, with hospice help, and helped my father in law through his last 90 days of life. He died of lung cancer three years ago. I've told the group someday I would relate this experience but I'm not sure I can Other to say it was peaceful for him and the family. I think you need to go to http://www.hospice.org/ for help in answering his and your questions on death and dying. Tell Don he certainly doesn't look close to that door to me.

Also, what is a doplar? I also have uncomfortable cold legs. Steve59 from WA IPF 2006

From: Kennelly <l_kennelly>Reply-To: Breathe-Support To: Breathe-Support Subject: Re: Jim/Sher/K/Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 13:59:48 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Sher,

I do think he saw it because he answered but you are right. I've found myself posting something and forgetting to change the subject line. Don is sleeping right now. We went to see the pcp today because we hadn't been to him since Jan. He thinks Don's coldness in the legs is more from pred than circulation, but he is going to do a doplar next week to make sure.

I so wish he would get on here. He would learn so much. He asked me this morning if he was at death's door. I told him that there have been times I've thought that but from what I can tell from the board that some are a lot worse off than he is. He doesn't believe me. He thinks you are all success stories. I tried to explain to him that everyone is at different steps in the disease. I guess the way I talk about everyone he thinks things are peachy with all.

Thanks guys,

K

K......be sure and watch the subject line.....maybe add your name as I did, or start a new post to Jim...........Your post appears to be asking me about snow, when you're really asking Jim, a post below mine. I think not adding a name or starting a new post is where so many of us miss stuff.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

$.02 worth

Once again I've been reading about dead beat doctors who, for whatever reasons, aren't meeting the needs of folks on the Board here. First, I have to say that there are genuine healers out there that are, unfortunately in my opinion, in the minority. In my case, in my pre- IPF days I had 2 oncologists. One of them I still see every 3-6 months. First he wants a CT scan to check that the cancer has not returned. After that the time is mine and much of it is spent discussing my lungs. He is damn busy, but he makes time to "treat" me. He has even researched pulmo questions to help me find answers.

Anyway, that's not why I'm writing........I'm writing about Respiratory Therapists. I've only had contact with 2 so my experience is limited, but both are EXCELLENT sources of information, One does my periodic PFT, and the other runs the small company that rents me all my O2 equipment. This guy is available 24/7. I'm not able to do pulmo rehab because I choose to live 350 miles from Anchorage so this guy makes himself available by phone. I'm making this way too long and drawn out. In my experience, both of these RTs provide me with as much or more info than any MD. Like anything else, there are bound to be duds, but I've had great experience with them.

jim IPF 05

alaska

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

Guest guest

WE ALSO THINK IT IS GREAT THAT DON IS OUT MOWING, I WILL HAVE JOE POST SOME PICS AS WE TOO HAVE BECOME DETERMINED TO REMAIN ACTIVE AS LONG AS HE CAN. YESTERDAY WE TOOK AN 80 MILE MOTORCYCLE RIDE TO A STATE PARK WITH OXYGEN IN TOW AROUND HIS WAIST, PACKED A COUPLE OF SANDWICHES, APPLES, WATER...THEN TODAY WE PARTICIPATED IN THE SR. OLYMPICS FOR OUR COUNTY IN GEORGIA. JOE DID THE HORSHESHOE THOW AND THE SOFTBALL THROW, WE BOTH DID THE BOWLING 2 WEEKS AGO, AND I DID THE MILE WALK AND PUT-PUT. IT WAS INSPIRING TO SEE 80+ YEAR OLDS STILL MOVING, NO MATTER HOW SLOW. THEY KNOW IF YOU DON'T USE IT --- YOU LOSE IT! SOMEDAYS ARE BETTER THAN OTHERS BUT WHILE HE CAN HE STILL RIDES THE LAWNMOWER AROUND THE YARD AND THIS ILLNESS HAS NOT EFFECTED HIS COOKING AT ALL. SO LET US ALL STAY INSPIRED TO MOVE, MOVE, MOVE.

JOE/JOANIE JOE 60 IPF1/2008

GRIFFIN, GA.

-- Re: K/Don

From: Kennelly <l_kennelly>Reply-To: Breathe-Support To: Breathe-Support Subject: Re: Jim/Sher/K/Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 13:59:48 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Sher,

Thanks guys,

K

$.02 worth

jim IPF 05

alaska

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

Guest guest

I ADDED 5 NEW AND "EXCITING" PHOTOS!!!!!!!!!!

JOE/JOANIE JOE 60 IPF1/2008

GRIFFIN, GA.

-- Re: K/Don

Thanks Sher,

Thanks guys,

K

$.02 worth

jim IPF 05

alaska

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

Guest guest

Oh, no , you didn't say that. I think it is just understood that eventually things are going to get tougher. I am the one that said that to Don. You were most encouraging and, as usual, made me feel very safe and loved. Feeling alone is more of what I thinks he feels. Nope buddy, you didn't say that at all, and as I reread my post, it was tough to understand what I meant. K Central Il STEPHEN R WILSON wrote:

Where did you or Don interpret me saying things are going to get worse or more of a struggle? My intention was encouragement. I'll be waiting for results of Don's Doplar.Steve59 from WA IPF 2006 From: Kennelly <l_kennelly>Reply-To: Breathe-Support To: Breathe-Support Subject: Re: K/DonDate: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 20:59:37 -0700 (PDT) A doplar is a scan on arteries to determine the flow of blood to the extrimities. I'm glad he suggested it. There was a 1 month wait so he butted into the hospital. They are doing it next week. Since the

weather has warmed dramatically he is better, but we are expecting colder temp for a couple of days. I fear we will head back down into the pits. I'm glad to hear that you fear the "at death's door" (that sounds bad doesn't it - but that was tough for him to admit to me). He thinks he is alone. He wasn't encouraged to hear that things are going to become more of a struggle. Hopefully we can talk tomorrow night. K Central Il.STEPHEN R WILSON <svwilsonmsn> wrote: I don't beleive there are many on this group that are success stories. I for one could never get on a tractor and mow so Don Makes me feel better because he can. Yes some nights I ask my wife to leave the bedroom door open because I've felt close to death. But I'm always

grateful that I get another day. I was a primary caregiver, with hospice help, and helped my father in law through his last 90 days of life. He died of lung cancer three years ago. I've told the group someday I would relate this experience but I'm not sure I can Other to say it was peaceful for him and the family. I think you need to go to http://www.hospice.org/ for help in answering his and your questions on death and dying. Tell Don he certainly doesn't look close to that door to me. Also, what is a doplar? I also have uncomfortable cold legs. Steve59 from WA IPF 2006 From: Kennelly <l_kennelly>Reply-To: Breathe-Support To:

Breathe-Support Subject: Re: Jim/Sher/K/Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 13:59:48 -0700 (PDT) Thanks Sher, I do think he saw it because he answered but you are right. I've found myself posting something and forgetting to change the subject line. Don is sleeping right now. We went to see the pcp today because we hadn't been to him since Jan. He thinks Don's coldness in the legs is more from pred than circulation, but he is going to do a doplar next week to make sure. I so wish he would get on here. He would learn so much. He asked me this morning if he was at death's door. I told him that there have been times I've thought that but from what I can tell from the board that some are a lot worse off than he

is. He doesn't believe me. He thinks you are all success stories. I tried to explain to him that everyone is at different steps in the disease. I guess the way I talk about everyone he thinks things are peachy with all. I'll try to get him on here. Thanks guys, K IllinoisSher Bauman <bofuswbcable (DOT) net> wrote: K......be sure and watch the subject line.....maybe add your name as I did, or start a new post to Jim...........Your post appears to be asking me about snow, when you're really asking Jim, a post below mine. I think not adding a name or starting a new post is where so many of us miss stuff. How is Don this morning? Tell him hello for me. Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! $.02 worth Once again I've been reading about dead beat doctors who, for whatever reasons, aren't meeting the needs of folks on the Board here. First, I have to say that there are genuine healers out there that are, unfortunately in my opinion, in the minority. In my case, in my pre- IPF days I had 2 oncologists. One of them I still see every 3-6 months. First he wants a CT

scan to check that the cancer has not returned. After that the time is mine and much of it is spent discussing my lungs. He is damn busy, but he makes time to "treat" me. He has even researched pulmo questions to help me find answers. Anyway, that's not why I'm writing........I'm writing about Respiratory Therapists. I've only had contact with 2 so my experience is limited, but both are EXCELLENT sources of information, One does my periodic PFT, and the other runs the small company that rents me all my O2 equipment. This guy is available 24/7. I'm not able to do pulmo rehab because I choose to live 350 miles from Anchorage so this guy makes himself available by phone. I'm making this way too long and drawn out. In my experience, both of these RTs provide me with as much or more info than any MD. Like anything else, there are bound to be duds, but I've had great experience with them. jim IPF

05 alaska Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14 Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with

Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14 Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14 Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As

for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14