RemedySpot.com

Thanks for the Well Wishes! My ordeal today!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

(((((Kerry, Sher, Zena, Terry, Babs, and Bruce)))))

I know I will find another job, but what hurts the most is the way I found out....

Today, was my Remicade Infusion....what an ordeal (always adventures with me....)

I arrive at the hospital on time for once everyhting was ready...the nurse was something else to be said about...

I enter the room, she says which is the best one...I reply, were ever you can find one..she start yelling and screaming at me...I told her

look if I show a vein that they have take blood from previously and no blood comes out...I'd be yelled at again....

Anyways, she tried couldn't find any vein, she almost called anesthesia to come insert a central line, without even consulting my GI, what

she was about to do. She called one of the other nurses and she found a vein for me.

After Remicade Infusion I receive pain medication, she decreased the dosage stating to me, I'm not in pain and since I'm going for surgery

next week, I receive tons of pain medication, so that's why she decided to decrease the dosage.

At one point she wasn't careful and tangled in between the IV tubing and Oximeter wires and pulled the IV and the wires at the same time

(thank god it didn't come out, the pain ouch)

On Monday, I'm telling my GI of the ordeal.....because this is the second time with the same nurse that has caused problems....

Irene

Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment – with a Canadian perspective.