RemedySpot.com

K.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

......I don't know how long ago Don was diagnosed. When I first came here I couldn't handle it. It was not denial, but I was trying to "get on with my life" like everyone was telling me to. Being here kept the "truth" actively in my thoughts, interfered with work, being husband and dad, on and on. So I left. I think it was about 6 months before I came back. A whole different experience. I think I'd come to grips with it in my own mind and it was/is great to come here...learn, support, vent, etc. For me.......talking about dying, even dwelling on it with trusted others, talking about my fear and anger, was like miracle tonic. We are all different......I really feel for the poor guy....been there, done that.....The best thing I've learned about him so far is..........he has you, way to go, girl. jim Kennelly wrote: Thanks Sher, I do think he saw it because he answered but you are right. I've found myself posting something and forgetting to change the subject line. Don is sleeping right now. We went to see the pcp today because we hadn't been to him since Jan. He thinks Don's coldness in the legs is more from pred than circulation, but he is going to do a doplar next week to make sure. I so wish he would get on here. He would learn so much. He asked me this morning if he was at death's

door. I told him that there have been times I've thought that but from what I can tell from the board that some are a lot worse off than he is. He doesn't believe me. He thinks you are all success stories. I tried to explain to him that everyone is at different steps in the disease. I guess the way I talk about everyone he thinks things are peachy with all. I'll try to get him on here. Thanks guys, K IllinoisSher Bauman <bofuswbcable (DOT) net> wrote: K......be sure and watch the subject line.....maybe add your name as I did, or start a new post to Jim...........Your post appears to be asking me about snow, when you're really asking Jim, a post below mine. I

think not adding a name or starting a new post is where so many of us miss stuff. How is Don this morning? Tell him hello for me. Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! $.02 worth Once again I've been reading about dead beat doctors who, for whatever reasons, aren't meeting the needs of folks on the Board here. First, I have to say that there are genuine healers out there that are, unfortunately in my

opinion, in the minority. In my case, in my pre- IPF days I had 2 oncologists. One of them I still see every 3-6 months. First he wants a CT scan to check that the cancer has not returned. After that the time is mine and much of it is spent discussing my lungs. He is damn busy, but he makes time to "treat" me. He has even researched pulmo questions to help me find answers. Anyway, that's not why I'm writing........I'm writing about Respiratory Therapists. I've only had contact with 2 so my experience is limited, but both are EXCELLENT sources of information, One does my periodic PFT, and the other runs the small company that rents me all my O2 equipment. This guy is available 24/7. I'm not able to do pulmo rehab because I choose to live 350 miles from Anchorage so this guy makes himself available by phone. I'm making this way too long and drawn out. In my experience, both of these RTs provide me with as much or more info than

any MD. Like anything else, there are bound to be duds, but I've had great experience with them. jim IPF 05 alaska Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. K Central Il Hubby ipf-

2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14 Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14 Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it

now.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.