RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: FW: Joe and Joanie

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

and prayn' k Central Illinois wrote: Oh Joe what a worry for you....we'll all be HOPING ! GIO > > From: WEBlueknight@... WEBlueknight@... > Subject: Eagle Story > To: cheryl.bishop@..., bjb0650@..., wcummins_jr@...> wwdancr@..., blueyes63@..., carollndancer@...,> CassieEarp@..., ciba367@..., Dahoward3@..., danyellec@netzero> net, debbiedo3@..., dlperry58@..., eliverett@...,> fennellkeith@..., floaaron@...,

geobec@...,> gilda@..., jody.earp@..., lindamwaterman@...,> margaret10@..., outlaw1155@..., sbreedlove@...> SherW1960@..., suzyq_susie@..., tgoins66@... > Date: Sunday, April 20, 2008, 2:44 PM > > > > > Freedom and I have been together 10 years this summer. > > She came in as a baby in 1998 with two broken wings. Her left wing doesn't> open all the way even after surgery, it was broken in 4 places. She's my> baby. > > When Freedom came in she could not stand. Both wings were broken, her left> wing in 4 places. She was emaciated and covered in lice. We made the> decision to give her a chance at life, so I took her to the vet's office.> >From then on, I was always around her. We had her in a huge dog carrier> with the top off, and it was loaded up with shredded newspaper for her to> lay in. I used to

sit and talk to her, urging her to live, to fight; and she> would lay there looking at me with those big brown eyes. We also had to tube> feed her for weeks. > > This went on for 4-6 week s, and by then she still couldn't stand. It got to> the point where the decision was made to euthanize her if she couldn't stand> in a week. You know you don't want to cross that line between torture and> rehab, and it looked like death was winning. She was going to be put down> that Friday, and I was supposed to come in on that Thursday afternoon. I> didn't want to go to the center that Thursday, because I couldn't bear the> thought of her being euthanized; but I went anyway, and when I walked in> everyone was grinning from ear to ear. I went immediately back to her dowl> cage; and there she was, standing on her own, a big beautiful eagle. She was> ready to live. I was just about in tears by then.

That was a very good day. > > We knew she could never fly, so the director asked me to glove train her. I> got her used to the glove, and then to jesses, and we started doing> education programs for schools in western Washington. We wound up in the> newspapers, radio (believe it or not) and some TV. Miracle Pets even did a> show about us. > > In the spring of 2000, I was diagnosed with non-hodgkins lymphoma. I had> stage 3, which is not good (one major organ plus everywhere), so I wound up> doing 8 months of chemo. Lost the hair - the whole bit. I missed a lot of> work. When I felt good enough, I would go to Sarvey and take Freedom out for> walks. Freedom would also come to me in my dreams and help me fight the> cancer. This happened time and time again. > > Fast forward to November 2000, the day after Thanksgiving, I went in for my> last checkup. I was told that

if the cancer was not all gone after 8 rounds> of chemo, then my last option was a stem cell transplant. Anyway, they did> the tests; and I had to come back Monday for the results. I went in Monday,> and I was told that all the cancer was gone. Yahoo! > > So the first thing I did was get up to Sarvey and take the big girl out for> a walk.. It was misty and cold. I went to her flight and jessed her up, and> we went out front to the top of the hill. I hadn't said a word to Freedom,> but somehow she knew. She looked at me and wrapped both her wings around me> to where I could feel them pressing in on my back (I was engulfed in eagle> wings), and she touched my nose with her beak and stared into my eyes, and> we just stood there like that for I don't know how long. That was a magic> moment. We have been soul mates ever since she came in. This is a very> special bird. > > On

a side note: I have had people who were sick come up to us when we are> out, and Freedom has some kind of hold on them. I once had a guy who was> terminal come up to us and I let him hold her. His knees just about buckled> and he swore he could feel her power coarse through his body. I have so many> stories like that. > > I never forget the honor I have of being so close to such a magnificent> spirit as Freedom's. > > Hope you enjoy this. > > Jeff > > > > > "Never regret something that once made you smile." > -Anon. > > > > > > > > > > > > Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car listings at> AOL Autos. > > > > > THIS ELECTRONIC MESSAGE AND ANY ATTACHMENTS ARE INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF> THE INDIVIDUAL

OR ENTITY TO WHICH IT IS ADDRESSED, AND MAY CONTAIN> INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE> UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. DO NOT FORWARD THIS MESSAGE WITHOUT EXPRESS CONSENT OF> THE SENDER. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified> that any review, reliance, dissemination, distribution or copying of this> communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this> communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by return email> message and delete all copies of the original communication. Thank you for> your cooperation.> K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.