RemedySpot.com

Pursed lip breathing

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Peggy,

In a nutshell yes the DLCO is a measure of the way our lungs are exchanging gases. Our DLCO is low for different reasons than someone with obstructive lung disease, that's all.

Pursed lip breathing is great for anyone with SOB. Here's a list of things that it does:

Improves ventilation Releases trapped air in the lungs Keeps the airways open longer and decreases the work of breathing Prolongs exhalation to slow the breathing rate Improves breathing patterns by moving old air out of the lungs and allowing for new air to enter the lungs Relieves shortness of breath Causes general relaxation

Great stuff that pursed lip breathing huh?

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Sharon / Beth

Hi Sharon, Leanne here, I put the energy file up at the request of one of our members who has since left the group. I didn't quite understand it either, so maybe if there is a lot of confusion I should just delete the files...MB - I'm a little confused about the C02 situation. I thought one of our problems is transferring the C02 out of our body. That's why a lot of us have a low DLCO on our pfts. We can't exchange the C02 like everyone else can. Wouldn't it behoove us to lessen the amount of C02 we have in our bodies? Just trying to understand.Leanne uip 1/03 Illinois>> Leanne,

Hi my name is Sharon and I just read the file on energyand the therapists at the pulmonary rehab do not understand the fact that it says no aeorbic excersize. I should say I was diagnosed with hp in feb.2008. they want me to use the treadmill along with lightweight weights. Now i'am confused. Can you help meunderstand the file? THANKS Sharon> > Leanne wrote: Thanks to everyone who has posted pics. I LOVE seeing pics of our > peeps. > > Also, would anyone

mind if I copied their picture for the posterthat > Wally is doing for the first annual Cajun / Cowboy event? I figured I > would just print the pics on photo paper and Voila!! This is going to > be an evolving poster - the faces of pf and a traveling one, too. > We're going to bring it to San . The faces of pf.> > Let me know.> > Leanne uip 1/03 Illinois> > > > > > > ------------ --------- --------- ---> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.>