RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: replies to a few

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Ya know what Jane? Your explanation of UIP sounds reasonable to me!

Z...How strange the dilation happens during PT and then steady again. I know what you mean about the calendar....so far, I think May will be a open month!!!

...thanks for your explanation...actually I do know most of this, just got a bit off track when my Dx was changed from IPF to NSIP.

Ter...I don't blame ya'. Have a good cry, you'll feel better....

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: Sher-NSIP The Earth is Flat

Bruce, you are exactly right-there are a billion things thatscience/medicine DOESN'T know about the pulmonary fibrosis that affectsall of us. They're guessing at some of it and waiting and watching forthe results. I have my own philosophy about UIP and IPF. One can bestricken with IPF - unknown cause of fibrosis in the lungs. UIP is thehoneycombing taking over the lungs that are stricken with IPF. That ismy philosophy.Toodles & Glad you are back!Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl> > > > >> > > > > Sher,> > > > > I'm happy to hear the doctors have switched your diagnosis.NSIP> > > > is definitely preferable to IPF, the life expectancy is much> longer> > > > and as a bonus, it does not always progress. As a matter offact,> > > > Dr. on at Duke just told me last month that he's seen> patients> > > > with NSIP who have been "stable for decades." I mean I know that> my> > > > experience may be different but anything that gives us hope is> > > > helpful!> > > > > Have they switched your dx based on the behavior of thedisease> or> > > > also on the ct scan results? NSIP is usually very identifiableby> CT> > > > scan. To identify the type of NSIP (fibrotic, cellular or mixed)> you> > > > would need a biopsy. But at this point it probably doesn'tmatter> as> > > > long as your stable. I understand why you wouldn't put yourself> > > > through that. I don't regret my biopsy but I totally get why> you've> > > > chosen not to go down that road.> > > > > In the meantime, celebrate stability!! Stable is my happyword!!> > > > > Beth> > > > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > > > >> > > > > Change everything. Love and Forgive> > > > >> > > >> > >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > Caro> > ASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08,> RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08> > Mississippi> > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __> >