RemedySpot.com

Re: Darah, Gwynne, Steve, Walt, Joyce

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Gwynne,

Somehow, I have missed the link for your Caring Bridge website. Will you send it to me at jdalton501@... ?

I am so uplifted by your progress. I appreciate so much your willingness to share each experience with us. So many here are needing first hand information. I am amazed too, that you are not complaining much. You are so very, very brave.

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16>> Z,> Wow, what a gorgeous smile your Darah has! I'm sure> she lights up a room!> > Steve W.,> I'm behind you every step of the way, and here's hoping> for some answers to what's going on with your sleep> problems. They've been going on for so long - poor you!> We'll be anxious for the scan report.> > Walt,> It's too bad you have the need for us, but you could never> find a more caring or knowledgeable group of people to> have for an air family. Vent, ask, inform, lean on, whatever> you need - it's all normal. Just be yourself and we'll be here> for you to help in any way we can. Welcome and take care.> > Joyce,> I'm hoping you're having a less painful day, and are able to> find some comfort in healing rest. You're in my prayers as> always.> > Today I went to rehab for the first time. Many post-tx> patients don't go at all, which baffles me. We have sooo> much strength to build up after having so little activity for> such a long time. They did a lot of questions, measuring and> evaluations. AND I did a 6 minute walk for the first time in> quite a while - the first one without oxygen. I never dipped> below 95% - I was absolutely flabbergasted. They were floored> when I told them I had been on 15-18 liters pre-tx, and that> wasn't really cutting it. They gave me some more exercises> to practice at home. The people there are very kind, helpful> and thorough, as has been my experience with everyone here.> > I'll be having another bronchoscopy in the next week or two.> > I got the pictures in the mail today from the friend who made> a little album of the photos she took of me with the blue> butterfly on my shoulder one week before transplant. I just> LOVE to look at it. It amazes me!! God is so good.> > I need a manicure and a pedicure, but I guess Kate and I> will have to make do. I'm too scared, at least right now, to> go into a nail salon and risk any fungus or infection. I need> a haircut and color, too. The cut I guess I could do, but I> can't have any color for 3 months. Back to the wig, I guess,> although I really don't care what I look like these days, as is> obvious from the photos some of you have seen on CaringBridge.> > There's a new photo of Dr. Angel on my CaringBridge website,> for anyone who's visited it. He's such a dear man, and he's> near and dear to my heart.> > Hugs and blessings,> Gwynnie 57 Single-lung transplant on 4-3-08 at> UTHSC San , TX>