RemedySpot.com

Re: Just Complaining Heroine

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Joyce/

Joyce is right, she isn't a hero, she's a heroine.

Seriously, who is a hero anyway?

a person of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his/her brave deeds and noble qualities.

a person who, in the opinion of others, has heroic qualities or has performed a heroic act and is regarded as a model or ideal.

Now, looking at that definition I think Joyce and so many others here are heroes. They certainly serve as models for the rest of us in dealing with this disease. It's easy to dismiss the heroism by saying we had no choice and just dealt with what we had to. However, everyone on this forum has made a choice to come here, to learn, to deal the best they can. I think every person, and Joyce is certainly a great example, who makes the most of things in spite of this disease is a hero. Whether its bearing with another treatment or getting on one's tractor or just getting out of the house. Maybe i'm selfish in labelling us heros for doing that which we feel we have no choice to do, but there are many out there who just surrender. And, you know what, Joyce should feel like her on hero. When I do what I know I need to, make the best of things I can, then I'm going to call myself a hero....at least to myself. Going to reward my own self-esteem even if not in front of others.

> >> > >> > > Hi Group,> > >> > > I am reading the posts, just not responding very> > > much. I am just> > > feeling awful. I am sore and hurting from my toes to> > > the top of my head.> > > I am paying for the Prednisone free week. That was> > > stupid on my part,> > > but you would think they would have had medication> > > charts from my doctor> > > besides the one that I gave them. Nothing is> > > healing very well. Blood> > > keeps seeping from my gums and from the Hickman> > > Catheter site. They cut> > > a flap of skin and then cover the tube with that.> > > It is bleeding all> > > around that. I am on so many blood thinners. I had> > > three incisions for> > > Catheterization, Angio and stent. It has healed> > > beautifully.> > >> > > I got up this a.m. and had to go for more bloodwork.> > > I am so beat up> > > and bruised, the last thing I wanted to see today> > > was another needle.> > > But, I gotter' done. I'm hoping to be back in good> > > form by the> > > weekend. I am still so sleepy from lack of sleep> > > and my back is out> > > from the torturous hospital bed.> > >> > > I am very good at complaining. But, you have to> > > listen, those are the> > > rules. The doc put me back on Prednisone, but only> > > 15 mg. We are going> > > to start weaning more once I stabalize a little> > > more.> > >> > > Be patient with me. The more frisky Joyce will> > > return soon. I promise.> > >> > > Hugs, Joyce D.> > >> > > Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004> > > Pulmonary Hypertension> > > 2008> > > Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA,> > > Sjogren's, etc) Rejected> > > for Transplant 2006> > > .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved> > > you on the palm of> > > my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16> > >> > >> >> >> > Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California> >> >> >> >> ________________________________________________________________________\> ____________> > Be a better friend, newshound, and> > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.> http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ> >>

Guest guest

Bruce,

If you will be called a hero, then o.k. I will be called a heroine. But, you are right that everyone who clicks on this site and struggles to help others, spills thier guts about thier emotional selves and bares thier bruises are heros.

I made up my mind a long time ago not to surrender. I would not just lay down and die. Many days it would be the easy thing to do.

A pat on the back to all of us. Never give up, never, never give up....wish I had said that first!

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16> > >> > > >> > > > Hi Group,> > > >> > > > I am reading the posts, just not responding very> > > > much. I am just> > > > feeling awful. I am sore and hurting from my toes to> > > > the top of my head.> > > > I am paying for the Prednisone free week. That was> > > > stupid on my part,> > > > but you would think they would have had medication> > > > charts from my doctor> > > > besides the one that I gave them. Nothing is> > > > healing very well. Blood> > > > keeps seeping from my gums and from the Hickman> > > > Catheter site. They cut> > > > a flap of skin and then cover the tube with that.> > > > It is bleeding all> > > > around that. I am on so many blood thinners. I had> > > > three incisions for> > > > Catheterization, Angio and stent. It has healed> > > > beautifully.> > > >> > > > I got up this a.m. and had to go for more bloodwork.> > > > I am so beat up> > > > and bruised, the last thing I wanted to see today> > > > was another needle.> > > > But, I gotter' done. I'm hoping to be back in good> > > > form by the> > > > weekend. I am still so sleepy from lack of sleep> > > > and my back is out> > > > from the torturous hospital bed.> > > >> > > > I am very good at complaining. But, you have to> > > > listen, those are the> > > > rules. The doc put me back on Prednisone, but only> > > > 15 mg. We are going> > > > to start weaning more once I stabalize a little> > > > more.> > > >> > > > Be patient with me. The more frisky Joyce will> > > > return soon. I promise.> > > >> > > > Hugs, Joyce D.> > > >> > > > Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004> > > > Pulmonary Hypertension> > > > 2008> > > > Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA,> > > > Sjogren's, etc) Rejected> > > > for Transplant 2006> > > > .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved> > > > you on the palm of> > > > my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16> > > >> > > >> > >> > >> > > Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California> > >> > >> > >> > >> >> ________________________________________________________________________\> \> > ____________> > > Be a better friend, newshound, and> > > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.> > http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ> > >> >>

Guest guest

You can complain, scream, whatever you want. You are the Queen ya know. lolIt is wonderful that you are even able to post, so we bow to you our heroinefor showing us how to suffer through with grace. Just awesome is what I say. Love and Prayers, PeggyIPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up." Bruce,If you will be called a hero, then o.k. I will be called a heroine.  But, you are right that everyone who clicks on this site and struggles to help others, spills thier guts about thier emotional selves and bares thier bruises are heros.I made up my mind a long time ago not to surrender.  I would not just lay down and die.  Many days it would be the easy thing to do.A pat on the back to all of us.  Never give up, never, never give up....wish I had said that first!Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997    Bronchiectasis 2004    Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc)  Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you.  Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands.  Isaiah 49: 15-16> > >> > > >> > > > Hi Group,> > > >> > > > I am reading the posts, just not responding very> > > > much. I am just> > > > feeling awful. I am sore and hurting from my toes to> > > > the top of my head.> > > > I am paying for the Prednisone free week. That was> > > > stupid on my part,> > > > but you would think they would have had medication> > > > charts from my doctor> > > > besides the one that I gave them. Nothing is> > > > healing very well. Blood> > > > keeps seeping from my gums and from the Hickman> > > > Catheter site. They cut> > > > a flap of skin and then cover the tube with that.> > > > It is bleeding all> > > > around that. I am on so many blood thinners. I had> > > > three incisions for> > > > Catheterization, Angio and stent. It has healed> > > > beautifully.> > > >> > > > I got up this a.m. and had to go for more bloodwork.> > > > I am so beat up> > > > and bruised, the last thing I wanted to see today> > > > was another needle.> > > > But, I gotter' done. I'm hoping to be back in good> > > > form by the> > > > weekend. I am still so sleepy from lack of sleep> > > > and my back is out> > > > from the torturous hospital bed.> > > >> > > > I am very good at complaining. But, you have to> > > > listen, those are the> > > > rules. The doc put me back on Prednisone, but only> > > > 15 mg. We are going> > > > to start weaning more once I stabalize a little> > > > more.> > > >> > > > Be patient with me. The more frisky Joyce will> > > > return soon. I promise.> > > >> > > > Hugs, Joyce D.> > > >> > > > Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004> > > > Pulmonary Hypertension> > > > 2008> > > > Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA,> > > > Sjogren's, etc) Rejected> > > > for Transplant 2006> > > > .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved> > > > you on the palm of> > > > my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16> > > >> > > >> > >> > >> > > Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California> > >> > >> > >> > >> >> ________________________________________________________________________\> \> > ____________> > > Be a better friend, newshound, and> > > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.> > http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ> > >> >>

Guest guest

Joyce

Glad to see you patting yourself on the back. While its nice to have

everyone else's kind words and support, ultimately the one we need it

the most from is ourself. I was always so horrible at giving myself

credit for anything. Yet, when we're doing our best with this, we need

to remind ourselves. That helps give us the drive to continue the

effort. It also gives us a feeling to want to get back to when we let it

get to us.

> > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Hi Group,

> > > > >

> > > > > I am reading the posts, just not responding very

> > > > > much. I am just

> > > > > feeling awful. I am sore and hurting from my toes to

> > > > > the top of my head.

> > > > > I am paying for the Prednisone free week. That was

> > > > > stupid on my part,

> > > > > but you would think they would have had medication

> > > > > charts from my doctor

> > > > > besides the one that I gave them. Nothing is

> > > > > healing very well. Blood

> > > > > keeps seeping from my gums and from the Hickman

> > > > > Catheter site. They cut

> > > > > a flap of skin and then cover the tube with that.

> > > > > It is bleeding all

> > > > > around that. I am on so many blood thinners. I had

> > > > > three incisions for

> > > > > Catheterization, Angio and stent. It has healed

> > > > > beautifully.

> > > > >

> > > > > I got up this a.m. and had to go for more bloodwork.

> > > > > I am so beat up

> > > > > and bruised, the last thing I wanted to see today

> > > > > was another needle.

> > > > > But, I gotter' done. I'm hoping to be back in good

> > > > > form by the

> > > > > weekend. I am still so sleepy from lack of sleep

> > > > > and my back is out

> > > > > from the torturous hospital bed.

> > > > >

> > > > > I am very good at complaining. But, you have to

> > > > > listen, those are the

> > > > > rules. The doc put me back on Prednisone, but only

> > > > > 15 mg. We are going

> > > > > to start weaning more once I stabalize a little

> > > > > more.

> > > > >

> > > > > Be patient with me. The more frisky Joyce will

> > > > > return soon. I promise.

> > > > >

> > > > > Hugs, Joyce D.

> > > > >

> > > > > Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004

> > > > > Pulmonary Hypertension

> > > > > 2008

> > > > > Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA,

> > > > > Sjogren's, etc) Rejected

> > > > > for Transplant 2006

> > > > > .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved

> > > > > you on the palm of

> > > > > my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

________________________________________________________________________\

\

> \

> > \

> > > ____________

> > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and

> > > > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

> > > http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

> > > >

> > >

> >

>