RemedySpot.com

Updates on appts,blahs etc.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Snider,Tex Great weather for a picnic. Actually I do love crawfish and zydeco and will be thinking of you. Maybe with a bite of lobster tail instead.

Terry, must be something in the air I've been a little down too. But know this too shall pass. I can't even push myself to pick up the phone and I can always talk. HaHa

Thurs had the brain cat scan. Lovely, like having your head in an empty steel drum while it is being rythmically beaten with sledge hammers. Thats with ear protection. Everyone knows modern medicine moves slowly. Probably won't know any thing for weeks if then! I tried to stay awake for the call but finally slept from about 3:30 to 6:00. 's law?

Today had appt with pain management doctor. I have osteoporosis, several compressed discs in lower back and liver pain. My last disc slip was caused by a lifting accident at work. Anyway the worsening pain has contributed to my depression over IPF and I am desperate for relief. After a 1 hour and 20min wait I got in for my 10:00am appt at 11:20. My wife was freaking out and stressed so we ended up arguing. Ah for me more stress ,more shaking, more miserable. I did have a nice talk and agreed upon a new plan of action with the doctor. My wife tries to rehearse what I say to this doctor since it is a disibility claim. But I cant remember shit so she's upset again and I'm in a fog. Haven't seen her since we got home. Back to the plan - My pcp will increase my pain medication since I have become tolerant and my Pain managment doctor will give me 2 more cortisone epidurals and then 2 more injections to chemically burn(destroy) nerve endings causing this pain. Sounds fun to me. I also don't know when this will take place because her staff has to coordinate the 4 visits since she has 3 clinics in the Puget Sound area. I might find out next tuesday.

I think I only have one more doctor appt(pulmonologist) and one counselor appt before we leave. Thank God. Note this is the first visit with mental health counselor Vickie was going to attend and she told me today she couldn't because of time. Pf course this is the one I was looking forward to most.

How's this for an update/whine? I better go upstairs and find Vickie or I will be eating cold cereal and trying to figure out pill schedules till we go.

Steve59 from WA IPF 2006

Guest guest

Steve....I'm glad to see a post from you and it's good to know that at least you're getting attention for what "ails" you.

Is a "pain management dr" a new dr? I haven't noticed you mention a dr in just that description 'till now. I hope so or at least the pain is being attended to.

There is a lot of stress for us and our spouses too, isn't there. Let's hope Vicky will go to counseling when you get back......

Steve, you don't whine, you simply tell it like it is, like the rest of us!

Hope you're getting some of our sunshine today.

We're going over to Lysa's (daughter) for an early dinner. The grandkids have new bunnies...the tiny, fluffy ones that are intended to be pets...can't remember the name. Anyway they want to show gramma/grampa!

Have a good day.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Snider,Tex Great weather for a picnic. Actually I do love crawfish and zydeco and will be thinking of you. Maybe with a bite of lobster tail instead.

Terry, must be something in the air I've been a little down too. But know this too shall pass. I can't even push myself to pick up the phone and I can always talk. HaHa

Thurs had the brain cat scan. Lovely, like having your head in an empty steel drum while it is being rythmically beaten with sledge hammers. Thats with ear protection. Everyone knows modern medicine moves slowly. Probably won't know any thing for weeks if then! I tried to stay awake for the call but finally slept from about 3:30 to 6:00. 's law?

Today had appt with pain management doctor. I have osteoporosis, several compressed discs in lower back and liver pain. My last disc slip was caused by a lifting accident at work. Anyway the worsening pain has contributed to my depression over IPF and I am desperate for relief. After a 1 hour and 20min wait I got in for my 10:00am appt at 11:20. My wife was freaking out and stressed so we ended up arguing. Ah for me more stress ,more shaking, more miserable. I did have a nice talk and agreed upon a new plan of action with the doctor. My wife tries to rehearse what I say to this doctor since it is a disibility claim. But I cant remember shit so she's upset again and I'm in a fog. Haven't seen her since we got home. Back to the plan - My pcp will increase my pain medication since I have become tolerant and my Pain managment doctor will give me 2 more cortisone epidurals and then 2 more injections to chemically burn(destroy) nerve endings causing this pain. Sounds fun to me. I also don't know when this will take place because her staff has to coordinate the 4 visits since she has 3 clinics in the Puget Sound area. I might find out next tuesday.

I think I only have one more doctor appt(pulmonologist) and one counselor appt before we leave. Thank God. Note this is the first visit with mental health counselor Vickie was going to attend and she told me today she couldn't because of time. Pf course this is the one I was looking forward to most.

How's this for an update/whine? I better go upstairs and find Vickie or I will be eating cold cereal and trying to figure out pill schedules till we go.

Steve59 from WA IPF 2006

Guest guest

Hi Mama Sher If it wasn't for a daily planner I would forget my name. I have been going to South Sound Neurology Clinic for Pain Management for about a year. Dr Ren there has been great, I'm just disappointed we haven't got it done yet. I am very optomistic about our new plan including my pcp. I also have an oncologist because my blood test show markers for cancer, another symptom never found. Hepatologist for my anemia/iron overload. I think these 3 are the only doctors I may not have mentioned.

How about you! Out and about. Strong enough to volunteer. You must still drive? That's one of my top goals. I swear just reading your posts make me feel better.

Vickie is really excited about the cruise. Next Saturday we leave. I arranged for a three wheel elec scooter for the 7 days. I can be a little more independent and not quite the burden I expected to be for Vickie. Anyway the scooter will be in the cabin when we board and I can use it in all our ports. Makes me more excited too.

Bunnies can be cool pets. I knew a girl who had one for about 12 years. Hers had very long ears. Very clean, housebroken, etc. Not my cup of tea but cute nonetheless.

Shoot I've been missing the sunshine, sleeping too much during day. We did go for a drive and got me a latte (i'm addicted to caramel macchiato) about an hour ago. Temp still nice but hazy outside. We're fonduing tonite and watching a pay for view movie. One of our favorite things to do especially on cold rainy nites or at the beach. Steve59 from WA IPF 2006

Reply-To: Breathe-Support To: <Breathe-Support >Subject: Re: Updates on appts,blahs etc.Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 09:58:09 -0700

Steve....I'm glad to see a post from you and it's good to know that at least you're getting attention for what "ails" you.

Is a "pain management dr" a new dr? I haven't noticed you mention a dr in just that description 'till now. I hope so or at least the pain is being attended to.

There is a lot of stress for us and our spouses too, isn't there. Let's hope Vicky will go to counseling when you get back......

We're going over to Lysa's (daughter) for an early dinner. The grandkids have new bunnies...the tiny, fluffy ones that are intended to be pets...can't remember the name. Anyway they want to show gramma/grampa!

Have a good day.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Steve59 from WA IPF 2006

Guest guest

Hey I thinkk you and I are about the only ones on here tonight. I'd be excited about the cruise too. We had one planned for August but decided since Don was struggling so to cancel. It made me sad. I've always wanted to go on an Alaskan cruise. He hasn't felt well today, worse than yesterday. I hope we don't go into another 1 & 1/2 days of bad days. It is suppose to warm up again by mid week. He doesn't know if he is going to church with me tomorrow. Well, the ole board is pretty quiet tonight. K Illinoiis STEPHEN R WILSON wrote: Hi Mama Sher If it wasn't for a daily planner I would forget my name. I have been going to South Sound Neurology Clinic for Pain Management for about a year. Dr Ren there has been great, I'm just disappointed we haven't got it done yet. I am very optomistic about our new plan including my pcp. I also have an oncologist because my blood test show markers for cancer, another symptom never found. Hepatologist for my anemia/iron overload. I think these 3 are the only doctors I may not have mentioned. How about you! Out and about. Strong enough to volunteer. You must still drive? That's one of my top goals. I swear just reading your posts make me feel better. Vickie is really excited about the cruise. Next Saturday we leave. I

arranged for a three wheel elec scooter for the 7 days. I can be a little more independent and not quite the burden I expected to be for Vickie. Anyway the scooter will be in the cabin when we board and I can use it in all our ports. Makes me more excited too. Bunnies can be cool pets. I knew a girl who had one for about 12 years. Hers had very long ears. Very clean, housebroken, etc. Not my cup of tea but cute nonetheless. Shoot I've been missing the sunshine, sleeping too much during day. We did go for a drive and got me a latte (i'm addicted to caramel macchiato) about an hour ago. Temp still nice but hazy outside. We're fonduing tonite and watching a pay for view movie. One of our favorite things to do especially on cold rainy nites or at the beach. Steve59 from WA IPF 2006 From:

"Sher Bauman" <bofuswbcable (DOT) net>Reply-To: Breathe-Support To: <Breathe-Support >Subject: Re: Updates on appts,blahs etc.Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 09:58:09 -0700 Steve....I'm glad to see a post from you and it's good to know that at least you're getting attention for what "ails" you. Is a "pain management dr" a new dr? I haven't noticed you mention a dr in just that description 'till now. I hope so or at least the pain is being attended to. There is a lot of stress for us and our spouses too, isn't there. Let's hope Vicky will go to counseling when you get

back...... Steve, you don't whine, you simply tell it like it is, like the rest of us! Hope you're getting some of our sunshine today. We're going over to Lysa's (daughter) for an early dinner. The grandkids have new bunnies...the tiny, fluffy ones that are intended to be pets...can't remember the name. Anyway they want to show gramma/grampa! Have a good day. Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! Updates on appts,blahs etc. Snider,Tex Great weather for a picnic. Actually I do love crawfish and zydeco and will be thinking of you. Maybe with a bite of lobster tail instead. Terry, must be something in the air I've been a little down too. But know this too shall pass. I can't even push myself to pick up the phone and I can always talk. HaHa Thurs had the brain cat scan. Lovely, like having your

head in an empty steel drum while it is being rythmically beaten with sledge hammers. Thats with ear protection. Everyone knows modern medicine moves slowly. Probably won't know any thing for weeks if then! I tried to stay awake for the call but finally slept from about 3:30 to 6:00. 's law? Today had appt with pain management doctor. I have osteoporosis, several compressed discs in lower back and liver pain. My last disc slip was caused by a lifting accident at work. Anyway the worsening pain has contributed to my depression over IPF and I am desperate for relief. After a 1 hour and 20min wait I got in for my 10:00am appt at 11:20. My wife was freaking out and stressed so we ended up arguing. Ah for me more stress ,more shaking, more miserable. I did have a nice talk and agreed upon a new plan of action with the doctor. My wife tries to rehearse what I say to this doctor since it is a disibility claim. But I cant remember shit so she's

upset again and I'm in a fog. Haven't seen her since we got home. Back to the plan - My pcp will increase my pain medication since I have become tolerant and my Pain managment doctor will give me 2 more cortisone epidurals and then 2 more injections to chemically burn(destroy) nerve endings causing this pain. Sounds fun to me. I also don't know when this will take place because her staff has to coordinate the 4 visits since she has 3 clinics in the Puget Sound area. I might find out next tuesday. I think I only have one more doctor appt(pulmonologist) and one counselor appt before we leave. Thank God. Note this is the first visit with mental health counselor Vickie was going to attend and she told me today she couldn't because of time. Pf course this is the one I was looking forward to most. How's this for an update/whine? I better go upstairs and find Vickie or I will be eating cold cereal and trying to figure out pill

schedules till we go. Steve59 from WA IPF 2006 K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Hey , Yes funny how it ebbs and flows. I end up thinking about it and wondering about the problems others encouunter that are foreign to me. I read Irene's and don't know what to even say. I like following Don's appts. The pulmonary rehab program I'm going to is supposed to be the best in the state. That so even though I've had a referall for over a month the first pulmonary opening they had was for June 28th. So I follow Don's experience with hopefullness and interest. Other than your posts there are a dozen or more from people who seem to hold it all together and respond with humor and wit. There is one from Austrailia who always makes me smile. I'm still not sure if her english is the same english I speak however. I'm having problems typing because of the shakes and Vicke is waiting to start movie so talk to you later.

Steve59 from WA IPF 2006

Reply-To: Breathe-Support To: Breathe-Support Subject: Re: Updates on appts,blahs etc.Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 19:48:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hey

I thinkk you and I are about the only ones on here tonight.

I'd be excited about the cruise too. We had one planned for August but decided since Don was struggling so to cancel. It made me sad. I've always wanted to go on an Alaskan cruise.

He hasn't felt well today, worse than yesterday. I hope we don't go into another 1 & 1/2 days of bad days. It is suppose to warm up again by mid week. He doesn't know if he is going to church with me tomorrow.

Well, the ole board is pretty quiet tonight.

K

Illinoiis STEPHEN R WILSON <svwilsonmsn> wrote:

Hi Mama Sher If it wasn't for a daily planner I would forget my name. I have been going to South Sound Neurology Clinic for Pain Management for about a year. Dr Ren there has been great, I'm just disappointed we haven't got it done yet. I am very optomistic about our new plan including my pcp. I also have an oncologist because my blood test show markers for cancer, another symptom never found. Hepatologist for my anemia/iron overload. I think these 3 are the only doctors I may not have mentioned.

How about you! Out and about. Strong enough to volunteer. You must still drive? That's one of my top goals. I swear just reading your posts make me feel better.

Vickie is really excited about the cruise. Next Saturday we leave. I arranged for a three wheel elec scooter for the 7 days. I can be a little more independent and not quite the burden I expected to be for Vickie. Anyway the scooter will be in the cabin when we board and I can use it in all our ports. Makes me more excited too.

Bunnies can be cool pets. I knew a girl who had one for about 12 years. Hers had very long ears. Very clean, housebroken, etc. Not my cup of tea but cute nonetheless.

Shoot I've been missing the sunshine, sleeping too much during day. We did go for a drive and got me a latte (i'm addicted to caramel macchiato) about an hour ago. Temp still nice but hazy outside. We're fonduing tonite and watching a pay for view movie. One of our favorite things to do especially on cold rainy nites or at the beach. Steve59 from WA IPF 2006

From: "Sher Bauman" <bofuswbcable (DOT) net>Reply-To: Breathe-Support To: <Breathe-Support >Subject: Re: Updates on appts,blahs etc.Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 09:58:09 -0700

Have a good day.

Steve59 from WA IPF 2006

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

Guest guest

Steve....gee, I'm sorry you have the need to see numerous drs....that in itself can be stressful but I'm relieved you are getting

attention from numerous drs.

Yes, I drive. I was 'down' a bit after the cataract surgeries on my eyes but I can see well enough now to drive again.

I'm anticipating getting back into the volunteer work. I don't want "a job" as such. I enjoy helping seniors. What I've seen here on the board, w/medical crap we have to advocate ourselves, I'm anxious to be an advocate for those who cannot/will not advocate for themselves. As we age the fight kinda goes out of us....I notice it in myself but I can still holler "Ouch" when my toes are stepped on....it feels good to be of help to others who really need a hand.

Hey, the scooter for the cruise sounds like a terrific idea! I do remember now seeing a few in the scooters on board.

I didn't see the bunnies yesterday. Yes, they are the long ears you describe.

We are going today instead of yesterday.

OOOOhhhhhh, I love the caramel macchiato! Don't have one very often for obvious reasons but when I do....mmmmmm.

Steve59 from WA IPF 2006

Guest guest

I hear ya about from Oz. I too am enchanted with her and her posts. She makes a smile come to my soul quite regularly. (Are ya reading this girl - you have a fan club) I'll keep you updated on Don. He is not the best today even though he went to church, it was a stretch for him. He has already crashed on the couch. Second day of rehab is tomorrow and I think they are going to work his little abs. I'm not sure he is really looking forward to it since he doesn't feel so good, but Carla (director) told us that even if it is hard for him to get there I have to make sure he does it. I hope he doesn't get cranky about it. His doplar is Wednesday. I so cherish everyone on here and I know that you all get sick of hearing it. I couldn't handle it without ya.

K illinoisSTEPHEN R WILSON wrote: Hey , Yes funny how it ebbs and flows. I end up thinking about it and wondering about the problems others encouunter that are foreign to me. I read Irene's and don't know what to even say. I like following Don's appts. The pulmonary rehab program I'm going to is supposed to be the best in the state. That so even though I've had a referall for over a month the first pulmonary opening they had was for June 28th. So I follow Don's experience with

hopefullness and interest. Other than your posts there are a dozen or more from people who seem to hold it all together and respond with humor and wit. There is one from Austrailia who always makes me smile. I'm still not sure if her english is the same english I speak however. I'm having problems typing because of the shakes and Vicke is waiting to start movie so talk to you later. Steve59 from WA IPF 2006 From: Kennelly <l_kennelly>Reply-To: Breathe-Support To: Breathe-Support Subject: Re: Updates on appts,blahs etc.Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 19:48:01 -0700 (PDT) Hey

I thinkk you and I are about the only ones on here tonight. I'd be excited about the cruise too. We had one planned for August but decided since Don was struggling so to cancel. It made me sad. I've always wanted to go on an Alaskan cruise. He hasn't felt well today, worse than yesterday. I hope we don't go into another 1 & 1/2 days of bad days. It is suppose to warm up again by mid week. He doesn't know if he is going to church with me tomorrow. Well, the ole board is pretty quiet tonight. K Illinoiis STEPHEN R WILSON <svwilsonmsn> wrote: Hi Mama Sher If it wasn't for a daily planner I would forget my name. I have been going to South Sound

Neurology Clinic for Pain Management for about a year. Dr Ren there has been great, I'm just disappointed we haven't got it done yet. I am very optomistic about our new plan including my pcp. I also have an oncologist because my blood test show markers for cancer, another symptom never found. Hepatologist for my anemia/iron overload. I think these 3 are the only doctors I may not have mentioned. How about you! Out and about. Strong enough to volunteer. You must still drive? That's one of my top goals. I swear just reading your posts make me feel better. Vickie is really excited about the cruise. Next Saturday we leave. I arranged for a three wheel elec scooter for the 7 days. I can be a little more independent and not quite the burden I expected to be for Vickie. Anyway the scooter will be in the cabin when we board and I can use it in all our ports. Makes me more excited too. Bunnies can be cool pets. I knew a girl who had one for

about 12 years. Hers had very long ears. Very clean, housebroken, etc. Not my cup of tea but cute nonetheless. Shoot I've been missing the sunshine, sleeping too much during day. We did go for a drive and got me a latte (i'm addicted to caramel macchiato) about an hour ago. Temp still nice but hazy outside. We're fonduing tonite and watching a pay for view movie. One of our favorite things to do especially on cold rainy nites or at the beach. Steve59 from WA IPF 2006 From: "Sher Bauman" <bofuswbcable (DOT) net>Reply-To: Breathe-Support To: <Breathe-Support >Subject: Re: Updates on appts,blahs etc.Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 09:58:09 -0700 Steve....I'm glad to see a post from you and it's good to know that at least you're getting attention for what "ails" you. Is a "pain management dr" a new dr? I haven't noticed you mention a dr in just that description 'till now. I hope so or at least the pain is being attended to. There is a lot of stress for us and our spouses too, isn't there. Let's hope Vicky will go to counseling when you get back...... Steve, you don't whine, you simply tell it like it is, like the rest of us! Hope you're getting some of our sunshine today. We're

going over to Lysa's (daughter) for an early dinner. The grandkids have new bunnies...the tiny, fluffy ones that are intended to be pets...can't remember the name. Anyway they want to show gramma/grampa! Have a good day. Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! Updates on appts,blahs etc. Snider,Tex Great weather for a picnic. Actually I do love crawfish and zydeco and will be thinking of you. Maybe with a bite of lobster tail instead. Terry, must be something in the air I've been a little down too. But know this too shall pass. I can't even push myself to pick up the phone and I can always talk. HaHa Thurs had the brain cat scan. Lovely, like having your head in an empty steel drum while it is being rythmically beaten with sledge hammers. Thats with ear protection. Everyone knows modern medicine moves slowly. Probably won't know any thing for weeks if then! I tried to stay awake for the call but finally slept from about 3:30 to 6:00. 's law? Today had appt with pain

management doctor. I have osteoporosis, several compressed discs in lower back and liver pain. My last disc slip was caused by a lifting accident at work. Anyway the worsening pain has contributed to my depression over IPF and I am desperate for relief. After a 1 hour and 20min wait I got in for my 10:00am appt at 11:20. My wife was freaking out and stressed so we ended up arguing. Ah for me more stress ,more shaking, more miserable. I did have a nice talk and agreed upon a new plan of action with the doctor. My wife tries to rehearse what I say to this doctor since it is a disibility claim. But I cant remember shit so she's upset again and I'm in a fog. Haven't seen her since we got home. Back to the plan - My pcp will increase my pain medication since I have become tolerant and my Pain managment doctor will give me 2 more cortisone epidurals and then 2 more injections to chemically burn(destroy) nerve endings causing this pain. Sounds fun to me. I

also don't know when this will take place because her staff has to coordinate the 4 visits since she has 3 clinics in the Puget Sound area. I might find out next tuesday. I think I only have one more doctor appt(pulmonologist) and one counselor appt before we leave. Thank God. Note this is the first visit with mental health counselor Vickie was going to attend and she told me today she couldn't because of time. Pf course this is the one I was looking forward to most. How's this for an update/whine? I better go upstairs and find Vickie or I will be eating cold cereal and trying to figure out pill schedules till we go. Steve59 from WA IPF 2006 K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14 Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14