RemedySpot.com

Re: BRUCE/Sher/Sharon

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thanks I'll keep watching.Does anyone know how accurate the oximeters are. I bought one from a web site for 69.00 and saw others more expensive but right now can't afford one. The wolves are at my door wanting their money from the hospital stay but can only give a small amount, there is many of them.Someone told me that if you give anything they can't come after your house. I hope not. i worry so much about whats next and don't need that. I should be happy that i drive and go up stairs and do better than before the edema was treated but staying at home just makes you wonder when the next shoe will fall. sorry for rambling Sharon ph 2008 illSher Bauman wrote: Bruce, Sharon...... I can't imagine how I could have deleted that website! Sharon....you will really love this pillow! Four different sides upon which to sleep and the 'snorkel's (as I call my face mask/tubing) is no longer a problem! I sleep so much better. Of course the face mask has to fit well but if it does, then all that is needed is a good pillow. This one is designed for cpap users but it's spendy....I'd do it again and will...I don't ever want to be w/o this pillow. It cost $80, door to door but that included the cost of the tailored to fit pillow case for $15. May as well protect the expensive pillow. My isp is down but as soon as it's up these posts will go out and I'll go online again and see if I can find the right site. Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! Re: HELP BRUCE Sher/SharonI'm trying to go back through posts and find out. I've found which onesI suggested looking at but not sure I've figured out yet which one Sherreally bought. But, I'll get some brain food and try to sort through itlater today. Bruce.... ok, ok, my dysfunction isshowing again. I cannot remember the web site for the wonderful pillowyou pointed out to me.....do you remember? I want to keep it so I canre-order down the line. I cannot praise this pillow enough!!> Do post it on the Newbie board too....BTW how is that coming along?Haven't heard much lately. Of course your personal

activities are notconsidered.> Kidding here!> Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!>>>>>>> ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Tryit now.>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

First as to the oximeter. If it is FDA approved then they are all

subject to the same standards for accuracy. Several members here have

bought one from portablenebs for $65, have checked it against the one at

their doctor's office and are very pleased.

As to the hospital bill, that gets far more complicated with everyone

coming after you. You have to decide what you can do reasonably. There

is always room for negotiation. The obvious choices are to negotiate

some sort of agreement with them and pay over time, if you can do that.

Certainly you can look in different ways for assistance.

Now, as to them coming after your house, I've never known a hospital or

doctors to do that and, if they did, they can't ultimately get your

house. That can always be avoided by bankruptcy, which one of the

overriding purposes bankruptcy was first establishced was for extreme

medical expenses.

Now there is one additional thing for you to know. On a debt it stays

active three years from the date of the last activity. If paying

something like this is just going to be impossible or otherwise

jeopardize your well being you might want to consider just telling them

you aren't paying. They will try to get you to just pay $20 or anything

to keep the time open for collection.

I know not paying for services isn't something we think of as good but

sometimes one just can't. That's why hospitals get public funding and

help for their non paying customers. It's best to work out things in

advance but sometimes not possible. However, you need to look at your

current and future financial needs and then decide what you can do. You

sure don't gain by making a promise to them that you can't live up to.

Bruce.... ok, ok, my dysfunction is

> showing again. I cannot remember the web site for the wonderful pillow

> you pointed out to me.....do you remember? I want to keep it so I can

> re-order down the line. I cannot praise this pillow enough!!

> > Do post it on the Newbie board too....BTW how is that coming along?

> Haven't heard much lately. Of course your personal activities are not

> considered.

> > Kidding here!

> > Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.

> > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ---------------------------------

> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.

Try

> it now.

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try

it now.

>

Guest guest

/Thanks Brucesharon ph 2008 illBruce Moreland wrote: First as to the oximeter. If it is FDA approved then they are allsubject to the same standards for accuracy. Several members here havebought one from portablenebs for $65, have checked it against the one attheir doctor's office and are very pleased.As to the hospital bill, that gets far more complicated with everyonecoming after you. You have to decide what you can do reasonably. Thereis always room for negotiation. The obvious

choices are to negotiatesome sort of agreement with them and pay over time, if you can do that.Certainly you can look in different ways for assistance.Now, as to them coming after your house, I've never known a hospital ordoctors to do that and, if they did, they can't ultimately get yourhouse. That can always be avoided by bankruptcy, which one of theoverriding purposes bankruptcy was first establishced was for extrememedical expenses.Now there is one additional thing for you to know. On a debt it staysactive three years from the date of the last activity. If payingsomething like this is just going to be impossible or otherwisejeopardize your well being you might want to consider just telling themyou aren't paying. They will try to get you to just pay $20 or anythingto keep the time open for collection.I know not paying for services isn't something we think of as good butsometimes one just can't.

That's why hospitals get public funding andhelp for their non paying customers. It's best to work out things inadvance but sometimes not possible. However, you need to look at yourcurrent and future financial needs and then decide what you can do. Yousure don't gain by making a promise to them that you can't live up to. Bruce.... ok, ok, my dysfunction is> showing again. I cannot remember the web site for the wonderful pillow> you pointed out to me.....do you remember? I want to keep it so I can> re-order down the line. I cannot praise this pillow enough!!> > Do post it on the Newbie board too....BTW how is that coming along?> Haven't heard much lately. Of course your personal activities are not> considered.> > Kidding here!> > Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.> > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!> >> >> >> >> >> >> > ---------------------------------> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.Try> it now.>

>>>>>>>>>> ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Tryit now.>

Guest guest

Sharon....sorry I didn't put this all in one post.........

I bought the $65 oximeter and had it checked at the hospital and it's off only one number. I don't carry mine around in my hand but I frequently use it and I'm glad I have it....especially when I'm away from home.

I didn't ask you....I'm presuming you are using a cpap machine.....this pillow is mainly for cpap users....are you using cpap? I'd use this pillow regardless but if you're not using cpap there are other pillows way less $$$$.

>>>>One thing Bruce did not mention is not paying a debt will eventually send it to collections.....that has to be considered too in your financial thinking.

Sharon (my given name too), have you contacted each debtor and explained your situation? MOST debtors will work with you....and even a small pmt of say, $10 will keep it out of collections/ruin credit.....unless bankruptcy is/could be in your plans. If so, then stop paying everything NOW. In bankruptcy you can still retain a car if it is on pmts. You might look into it if you consider it at all. I know you're between a rock and a hard place aren't you.

Bruce always has good info but wanted to add my little bit too.

When you sign off with your signature, would you please add your diagnosis and date of and the state where you live? Thanks!

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: HELP BRUCE

Sher/SharonI'm trying to go back through posts and find out. I've found which onesI suggested looking at but not sure I've figured out yet which one Sherreally bought. But, I'll get some brain food and try to sort through itlater today. Bruce.... ok, ok, my dysfunction isshowing again. I cannot remember the web site for the wonderful pillowyou pointed out to me.....do you remember? I want to keep it so I canre-order down the line. I cannot praise this pillow enough!!> Do post it on the Newbie board too....BTW how is that coming along?Haven't heard much lately. Of course your personal activities are notconsidered.> Kidding here!> Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!>>>>>>> ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Tryit now.>