RemedySpot.com

MAPS

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Okay, Everybody!

I am going to post about Eddie's hobby. Eddie is a ham radio operator, KC4OHB. (His call sign).

Ham radio operators have maps of the world posted in their ham shacks. Then they stick a pin in the town, city, etc. where they have contacted and talked with someone. Some of the operators' maps are full of those pins. Now that technology has improved, ham radio operators can talk on the internet. No, they are not writing messages, they are talking out loud. Eddie has just started doing this and it is funny to hear these other guys when only Eddie & I are at home and I am wondering who he is talking to. Plus, Eddie talks on this computer set-up as he does on the radio and I call it "His ham radio voice",

Now all of us IPF'ers. could set up a "shack" around our computers, posting maps, etc. and stick pins in the areas. Then we could look up to see where someone is when we are "talking" to them.

Toodles!

Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl

Guest guest

Okay, so where do we get one of these maps? Book stores? K IllinoisJane wrote: Okay, Everybody! I am going to post about Eddie's hobby. Eddie is a ham radio operator, KC4OHB. (His call sign). Ham radio operators have maps of the world posted in their ham shacks. Then they stick a pin in the town, city, etc. where they have contacted

and talked with someone. Some of the operators' maps are full of those pins. Now that technology has improved, ham radio operators can talk on the internet. No, they are not writing messages, they are talking out loud. Eddie has just started doing this and it is funny to hear these other guys when only Eddie & I are at home and I am wondering who he is talking to. Plus, Eddie talks on this computer set-up as he does on the radio and I call it "His ham radio voice", Now all of us IPF'ers. could set up a "shack" around our computers, posting maps, etc. and stick pins in the areas. Then we could look up to see where someone is when we are "talking" to them. Toodles! Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my

house, we will serve the Lord 14

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

I just spoke with Eddie and he told me of a store in Chattanooga where they work on radios & such, s. Tonight when he gets home from the second job, he is going to check on the internet.

Toodles!

Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia

> Okay, Everybody!> I am going to post about Eddie's hobby. Eddie is a ham radio operator, KC4OHB. (His call sign).> Ham radio operators have maps of the world posted in their ham shacks. Then they stick a pin in the town, city, etc. where they have contacted and talked with someone. Some of the operators' maps are full of those pins. Now that technology has improved, ham radio operators can talk on the internet. No, they are not writing messages, they are talking out loud. Eddie has just started doing this and it is funny to hear these other guys when only Eddie & I are at home and I am wondering who he is talking to. Plus, Eddie talks on this computer set-up as he does on the radio and I call it "His ham radio voice", > Now all of us IPF'ers. could set up a "shack" around our computers, posting maps, etc. and stick pins in the areas. Then we could look up to see where someone is when we are "talking" to them.> Toodles!> Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl> > > > > > K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> 14> > > ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.>

Guest guest

Hi K, Ken Baker here

You can order all sorts of maps from the

USGS (United States Geological Survey). If you go online you can download

them as .pdf files from the usgs website. Go to http://store.usgs.gov/ I believe the one you would

want is US 17 FEDERAL AID

HIGHWAYS, US

#101400.pdf I can drop a copy into the file

section of breathe-support group if you would like. The printed copy is

41 inches high and 64 inches wide.

Hope this helps Ken Baker UIP 12/05

New Hampshire

From: Breathe-Support [mailto:Breathe-Support ] On Behalf Of Kennelly

Sent: Monday, April 28, 2008 12:46

PM

To: Breathe-Support

Subject: Re:

MAPS

Okay, so where do we get one of these maps? Book stores?

K

Illinois

Jane

<jjarrettoptilink (DOT) us> wrote:

Okay, Everybody!

I am going to post about Eddie's hobby. Eddie is a

ham radio operator, KC4OHB. (His call sign).

Ham radio operators have maps of the world posted in their

ham shacks. Then they stick a pin in the town, city, etc. where they have

contacted and talked with someone. Some of the operators' maps are full

of those pins. Now that technology has improved, ham radio operators can

talk on the internet. No, they are not writing messages, they are talking

out loud. Eddie has just started doing this and it is funny to hear these

other guys when only Eddie & I are at home and I am wondering who he is

talking to. Plus, Eddie talks on this computer set-up as he does on the

radio and I call it " His ham radio voice " ,

Now all of us IPF'ers. could set up a " shack "

around our computers, posting maps, etc. and stick pins in the areas. Then we

could look up to see where someone is when we are " talking " to them.

Toodles!

Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton,

Georgia

aka pianolady_musicgirl

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

As for me and my house, we will serve

the Lord

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try

it now.

Guest guest

Ken....you say you can "drop a copy into the file of breathe-support"....does that mean anyone else interested can then download it? Did you have to pay for it?

Thanks....................

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

RE: MAPS

Hi K, Ken Baker here

You can order all sorts of maps from the USGS (United States Geological Survey). If you go online you can download them as .pdf files from the usgs website. Go to http://store.usgs.gov/ I believe the one you would want is US 17 FEDERAL AID HIGHWAYS, US #101400.pdf I can drop a copy into the file section of breathe-support group if you would like. The printed copy is 41 inches high and 64 inches wide.

Hope this helps Ken Baker UIP 12/05 New Hampshire

From: Breathe-Support [mailto:Breathe-Support ] On Behalf Of KennellySent: Monday, April 28, 2008 12:46 PMTo: Breathe-Support Subject: Re: MAPS

K

IllinoisJane <jjarrettoptilink (DOT) us> wrote:

Okay, Everybody!

I am going to post about Eddie's hobby. Eddie is a ham radio operator, KC4OHB. (His call sign).

Ham radio operators have maps of the world posted in their ham shacks. Then they stick a pin in the town, city, etc. where they have contacted and talked with someone. Some of the operators' maps are full of those pins. Now that technology has improved, ham radio operators can talk on the internet. No, they are not writing messages, they are talking out loud. Eddie has just started doing this and it is funny to hear these other guys when only Eddie & I are at home and I am wondering who he is talking to. Plus, Eddie talks on this computer set-up as he does on the radio and I call it "His ham radio voice",

Now all of us IPF'ers. could set up a "shack" around our computers, posting maps, etc. and stick pins in the areas. Then we could look up to see where someone is when we are "talking" to them.

Toodles!

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

Guest guest

Hi Sher,

Yes I can just copy the adobe acrobat file

into the file folder on breathe-support group. Anyone can download it from

there. There was no charge to download it from the USGS. I’ll

go ahead and place a copy into the file section. I have already copied it

there.

Also Microsoft Streets and Trips (I’m

running the 2008 version) will allow you to import a list of addresses and

automatically add a pushpin into the map for each address entry. If the

list has the name as well as the address you can click on the pushpin and it

will display the name. I bought my copy at Staples for $39.99.

Learning to use it is not too difficult (but it is a Microsoft product).

Ken Baker UIP 12/05 New Hampshire.

From: Breathe-Support [mailto:Breathe-Support ] On Behalf Of Sher Bauman

Sent: Monday, April 28, 2008 2:53

PM

To: Breathe-Support

Subject: Re:

MAPS

Ken....you

say you can " drop a copy into the file of breathe-support " ....does

that mean anyone else interested can then download it? Did you have to pay for

it?

Thanks....................

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.

Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: MAPS

Okay, so where do

we get one of these maps? Book stores?

K

Illinois

Jane

<jjarrettoptilink (DOT) us> wrote:

Okay, Everybody!

I am

going to post about Eddie's hobby. Eddie is a ham radio operator,

KC4OHB. (His call sign).

Ham

radio operators have maps of the world posted in their ham shacks. Then

they stick a pin in the town, city, etc. where they have contacted and talked

with someone. Some of the operators' maps are full of those

pins. Now that technology has improved, ham radio operators can talk on

the internet. No, they are not writing messages, they are talking out

loud. Eddie has just started doing this and it is funny to hear these

other guys when only Eddie & I are at home and I am wondering who he is

talking to. Plus, Eddie talks on this computer set-up as he does on the

radio and I call it " His ham radio voice " ,

Now all

of us IPF'ers. could set up a " shack " around our computers, posting

maps, etc. and stick pins in the areas. Then we could look up to see where

someone is when we are " talking " to them.

Toodles!

Jane

UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia

aka pianolady_musicgirl

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

Be a better

friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try

it now.

Guest guest

Thanks Ken, for the download...I'll check it out. I will do something other than a $39.99 purchase........sounds like fun though!

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

RE: MAPS

Hi K, Ken Baker here

You can order all sorts of maps from the USGS (United States Geological Survey). If you go online you can download them as .pdf files from the usgs website. Go to http://store.usgs.gov/ I believe the one you would want is US 17 FEDERAL AID HIGHWAYS, US #101400.pdf I can drop a copy into the file section of breathe-support group if you would like. The printed copy is 41 inches high and 64 inches wide.

Hope this helps Ken Baker UIP 12/05 New Hampshire

From: Breathe-Support [mailto:Breathe-Support ] On Behalf Of KennellySent: Monday, April 28, 2008 12:46 PMTo: Breathe-Support Subject: Re: MAPS

K

IllinoisJane <jjarrettoptilink (DOT) us> wrote:

Okay, Everybody!

Toodles!

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

Guest guest

Cool Ken. No do they make it for Mac ?? I'll have to check it out.. Ya know Macs are far less trouble that windows..lol Love and Prayers, PeggyIPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up." Hi Sher,Yes I can just copy the adobe acrobat file into the file folder on breathe-support group. Anyone can download it from there.  There was no charge to download it from the USGS.  I’ll go ahead and place a copy into the file section.  I have already copied it there. Also Microsoft Streets and Trips (I’m running the 2008 version) will allow you to import a list of addresses and automatically add a pushpin into the map for each address entry.  If the list has the name as well as the address you can click on the pushpin and it will display the name.  I bought my copy at Staples for $39.99.  Learning to use it is not too difficult (but it is a Microsoft product). Ken Baker UIP 12/05 New Hampshire. From: Breathe-Support  [mailto:Breathe-Support ] On Behalf Of Sher BaumanSent: Monday, April 28, 2008 2:53 PMTo: Breathe-Support Subject: Re: MAPS Ken....you say you can "drop a copy into the file of breathe-support"....does that mean anyone else interested can then download it? Did you have to pay for it?Thanks.................... Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! Re: MAPSOkay, so where do we get one of these maps?  Book stores? KIllinoisJane <jjarrettoptilink (DOT) us> wrote:Okay, Everybody!I am going to post about Eddie's hobby.  Eddie is a ham radio operator, KC4OHB. (His call sign).Ham radio operators have maps of the world posted in their ham shacks.  Then they stick a pin in the town, city, etc. where they have contacted and talked with someone.  Some of the operators' maps are full of those pins. Now that technology has improved, ham radio operators can talk on the internet.  No, they are not writing messages, they are talking out loud.  Eddie has just started doing this and it is funny to hear these other guys when only Eddie & I are at home and I am wondering who he is talking to.  Plus, Eddie talks on this computer set-up as he does on the radio and I call it "His ham radio voice", Now all of us IPF'ers. could set up a "shack" around our computers, posting maps, etc. and stick pins in the areas. Then we could look up to see where someone is when we are "talking" to them.Toodles!Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl KCentral IlHubby ipf- 2006As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14 Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Peggy

Yes, far less trouble...thats why you're always getting stuff you can't

run on your Mac or wondering if software is available for it....lol

>

> Okay, Everybody!

>

> I am going to post about Eddie's hobby. Eddie is a ham radio

> operator, KC4OHB. (His call sign).

>

> Ham radio operators have maps of the world posted in their ham

> shacks. Then they stick a pin in the town, city, etc. where they

> have contacted and talked with someone. Some of the operators' maps

> are full of those pins. Now that technology has improved, ham radio

> operators can talk on the internet. No, they are not writing

> messages, they are talking out loud. Eddie has just started doing

> this and it is funny to hear these other guys when only Eddie & I are

> at home and I am wondering who he is talking to. Plus, Eddie talks

> on this computer set-up as he does on the radio and I call it " His

> ham radio voice " ,

>

> Now all of us IPF'ers. could set up a " shack " around our computers,

> posting maps, etc. and stick pins in the areas. Then we could look up

> to see where someone is when we are " talking " to them.

>

> Toodles!

>

> Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl

>

>

>

>

>

> K

>

> Central Il

>

> Hubby ipf- 2006

>

> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

>

> 14

>

>

>

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.

> Try it now.

>