RemedySpot.com

Re: Anyone any ideas why I'm so tired?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Ze... all I can do is say I understand....I just posted about being tired when there didn't seem to be an obvious reason, sats were ok. I have this tiredness a lot. I'm beginning to wonder if I do need more O2 however.....I check my sats, they are ok, so I don't use O2. I've been in this cycle for weeks. Perhaps my sats drop between checking and I don't know it. Anyway, I'm going back to using more O2. At 2, 2 1/2L it can't hurt me and I do seem to feel better when I use more O2.

Now that probably doesn't help you at all!

At least you know it isn't meds and you've taken the antibiotics before.

How long have you been this drowsy?

Could itchy skin be dry skin?

I guess there are worse things then wanting to take a nap, huh. lol

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Anyone any ideas why I'm so tired?

Just lately I've been really tired. Unreasonably tired for what I've been doing during the day, and that's taking the PF into account. I have to have a snooze in the morning after everyone else has gone to school or work, and then have another snooze in the afternoon after I've done the school run. If I don't then I end up crashing out and feeling worse for it. I've only been like this for a couple of weeks. I'm on antibiotics at the moment, but they're the ones I usually take and they don't usually make me drowsy. I've also got itchy skin, and not in areas that are exposed to the sunlight. My other meds haven't changed for a long time, and I'm still on pred. I'm waiting to get some results from the hospital before I visit my gp, but I was wondering if any of you had any ideas.

Thanks

Love Ze xx

Guest guest

Zena,

I don't have a clue. But, I am glad that you have had bloodwork and are seeking answers. Sure sounds like something is going on.

Take care and get feeling better. Let us know.

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16>> > Just lately I've been really tired. Unreasonably tired for what I've> been doing during the day, and that's taking the PF into account. I> have to have a snooze in the morning after everyone else has gone to> school or work, and then have another snooze in the afternoon after I've> done the school run. If I don't then I end up crashing out and feeling> worse for it. I've only been like this for a couple of weeks. I'm on> antibiotics at the moment, but they're the ones I usually take and they> don't usually make me drowsy. I've also got itchy skin, and not in> areas that are exposed to the sunlight. My other meds haven't changed> for a long time, and I'm still on pred. I'm waiting to get some> results from the hospital before I visit my gp, but I was wondering if> any of you had any ideas.> > Thanks> > Love Ze xx>

Guest guest

Zena,

No ideas from here sorry to say. But I'm glad you're listening to your body and napping when you need to. I'm sitting here thinking about itchy skin and of course my hands start to itch. Power of suggestion! The only thing I can think of that sometimes happens to me is during tree pollen season over here sometimes I get really itchy and sneezy and red eyed, very attractive in short. That doesn't sound like what you're talking about though.

Hope you feel better!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Anyone any ideas why I'm so tired?

Just lately I've been really tired. Unreasonably tired for what I've been doing during the day, and that's taking the PF into account. I have to have a snooze in the morning after everyone else has gone to school or work, and then have another snooze in the afternoon after I've done the school run. If I don't then I end up crashing out and feeling worse for it. I've only been like this for a couple of weeks. I'm on antibiotics at the moment, but they're the ones I usually take and they don't usually make me drowsy. I've also got itchy skin, and not in areas that are exposed to the sunlight. My other meds haven't changed for a long time, and I'm still on pred. I'm waiting to get some results from the hospital before I visit my gp, but I was wondering if any of you had any ideas.

Thanks

Love Ze xx

Guest guest

Hi Sher, I've been this tired for a couple of weeks or so. At first I put it down to the very minor uri that I'm taking the antibi's for, but I'm all but over the cough and more tired than I was before. I'm going to bed soon, it's nearly 8.30 in the evening here. My sats have been ok, so I'm thinking that if I manage to get a real long nights sleep tonight that might help break the pattern.>> Ze... all I can do is say I understand....I just posted about being tired when there didn't seem to be an obvious reason, sats were ok. I have this tiredness a lot. I'm beginning to wonder if I do need more O2 however.....I check my sats, they are ok, so I don't use O2. I've been in this cycle for weeks. Perhaps my sats drop between checking and I don't know it. Anyway, I'm going back to using more O2. At 2, 2 1/2L it can't hurt me and I do seem to feel better when I use more O2.> Now that probably doesn't help you at all!> At least you know it isn't meds and you've taken the antibiotics before. > How long have you been this drowsy?> Could itchy skin be dry skin?> I guess there are worse things then wanting to take a nap, huh. lol> Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!> > Anyone any ideas why I'm so tired?> > > > Just lately I've been really tired. Unreasonably tired for what I've been doing during the day, and that's taking the PF into account. I have to have a snooze in the morning after everyone else has gone to school or work, and then have another snooze in the afternoon after I've done the school run. If I don't then I end up crashing out and feeling worse for it. I've only been like this for a couple of weeks. I'm on antibiotics at the moment, but they're the ones I usually take and they don't usually make me drowsy. I've also got itchy skin, and not in areas that are exposed to the sunlight. My other meds haven't changed for a long time, and I'm still on pred. I'm waiting to get some results from the hospital before I visit my gp, but I was wondering if any of you had any ideas.> > Thanks> > Love Ze xx>

Guest guest

Joyce and Beth

I didn't know if it had something to do with the PH, I haven't had any follow up yet, I'm still waiting for the appointment, but have been told that it's on it's way, so of course, I don't know how bad it is and how quickly it is or isn't progressing.

I'm photosensitive, so usually get itchy skin on exposure to sunlight, but my feet and legs have been itching and I'm still out in boots and trousers, and my stomach is itchy. I've been scratching in my sleep and have bruise marks! It's extremely annoying!

I'm hoping it's not going to be something like thyroid problems. They don't run in my family at all, but with all the autoimmune problems I have along with being on meds for so long I wouldn't be surprised if other things are likely to go wrong.

I don't know! If I was a dog I'd have had me put to sleep by now!

Love Ze xx

>> Zena,> No ideas from here sorry to say. But I'm glad you're listening to your body and napping when you need to. I'm sitting here thinking about itchy skin and of course my hands start to itch. Power of suggestion! The only thing I can think of that sometimes happens to me is during tree pollen season over here sometimes I get really itchy and sneezy and red eyed, very attractive in short. That doesn't sound like what you're talking about though. > Hope you feel better!> > Beth > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > Change everything. Love and Forgive > > > > > > Anyone any ideas why I'm so tired?> > > Just lately I've been really tired. Unreasonably tired for what I've been doing during the day, and that's taking the PF into account. I have to have a snooze in the morning after everyone else has gone to school or work, and then have another snooze in the afternoon after I've done the school run. If I don't then I end up crashing out and feeling worse for it. I've only been like this for a couple of weeks. I'm on antibiotics at the moment, but they're the ones I usually take and they don't usually make me drowsy. I've also got itchy skin, and not in areas that are exposed to the sunlight. My other meds haven't changed for a long time, and I'm still on pred. I'm waiting to get some results from the hospital before I visit my gp, but I was wondering if any of you had any ideas.> Thanks> Love Ze xx>

Guest guest

Hi Zena, I have been having these same symptons plus the terrible shaking and dementia. I think the itching may be from tree pollen so I take an extra antihistamine but the only thing that gives me a couple days relief is a colloidal oatmeal bath or even just a cup of epsom salt and a bath. I am waiting for results from tests last week. My tiredness stems from insomnia. Which comes and goes. Anyway good luck. PS Your daughter and the clothes you sew are wonderful.

Steve59 from WA IPF 2006

Reply-To: Breathe-Support To: Breathe-Support Subject: Re: Anyone any ideas why I'm so tired?Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 19:34:59 -0000

Joyce and Beth

I didn't know if it had something to do with the PH, I haven't had any follow up yet, I'm still waiting for the appointment, but have been told that it's on it's way, so of course, I don't know how bad it is and how quickly it is or isn't progressing.

I'm photosensitive, so usually get itchy skin on exposure to sunlight, but my feet and legs have been itching and I'm still out in boots and trousers, and my stomach is itchy. I've been scratching in my sleep and have bruise marks! It's extremely annoying!

I'm hoping it's not going to be something like thyroid problems. They don't run in my family at all, but with all the autoimmune problems I have along with being on meds for so long I wouldn't be surprised if other things are likely to go wrong.

I don't know! If I was a dog I'd have had me put to sleep by now!

Love Ze xx

>> Zena,> No ideas from here sorry to say. But I'm glad you're listening to your body and napping when you need to. I'm sitting here thinking about itchy skin and of course my hands start to itch. Power of suggestion! The only thing I can think of that sometimes happens to me is during tree pollen season over here sometimes I get really itchy and sneezy and red eyed, very attractive in short. That doesn't sound like what you're talking about though. > Hope you feel better!> > Beth > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > Change everything. Love and Forgive > > > > > > Anyone any ideas why I'm so tired?> > > Just lately I've been really tired. Unreasonably tired for what I've been doing during the day, and that's taking the PF into account. I have to have a snooze in the morning after everyone else has gone to school or work, and then have another snooze in the afternoon after I've done the school run. If I don't then I end up crashing out and feeling worse for it. I've only been like this for a couple of weeks. I'm on antibiotics at the moment, but they're the ones I usually take and they don't usually make me drowsy. I've also got itchy skin, and not in areas that are exposed to the sunlight. My other meds haven't changed for a long time, and I'm still on pred. I'm waiting to get some results from the hospital before I visit my gp, but I was wondering if any of you had any ideas.> Thanks> Love Ze xx>

Guest guest

Hi Ze,

You sound a lot like me, I'm tired all the time. I've read on here how active people are and I used to get so fustrated that I wasn't like that. Something you might have your dr check into, I noticed on another post he wants to do bloodwork. I was first diagonised with Idiopathic PF...then they found out I had Pulmonary Hemosiderosis too, which caused the PF. Hemosiderosis is where my lung bleed and your dr mentioned something about you may be bleeding somewhere inside. I now know that's why I get so tired, even though my dr said the bleeding has "stablized". I do wish you the best.

Love,

Vicky81856Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car listings at AOL Autos.

Guest guest

Hey Z, Just got back from the PCP and asked why I'm so tired and lo and behold, he thinks I may be bleeding from somewhere. Off I will go for another colonoscopy. I thought maybe I just needed a B12 shot, he thinks not. I've heard they help people who are tired, but from the blood tests I had taken last week, he wins. I love him and he is really great, and may well be the only Dr I don't argue with! Just wanted you to know, naps seem to be the thing. I will keep you posted, you do the same. A bunch a hugs, TerZena wrote: Just lately I've been really tired. Unreasonably tired for what I've been doing during the day, and that's taking the PF into account. I have to have a snooze in the morning after everyone else has gone to school or work, and then have another snooze in the afternoon after I've done the school run. If I don't then I end up crashing out and feeling worse for it. I've only been like this for a couple of weeks. I'm on antibiotics at the moment, but they're the ones I usually take and they don't usually make me drowsy. I've also got itchy skin, and not in areas that are exposed to the sunlight. My other meds haven't changed for a long time, and I'm still on pred. I'm waiting to get some results from the hospital before I visit my gp, but I was wondering if any of you had any

ideas. Thanks Love Ze xx Terry Pennisi 11/07 IPF Nevada

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Hey guys, Don has the same thing. He goes through days and weeks where he can hardly put one foot in front to the other. There is no explaination. Occassionally, he will have a day when "someone flips his switch" and he feels brighter and the dark cloud goes away. When he struggles with this he says he feels like he is just getting over the flu and he doesn't feel good yet but the world is dim. He can sleep all the time. K IllinoisSher Bauman wrote: Ze... all I can do is say I understand....I just posted about being tired when there didn't seem to be an obvious reason, sats were ok. I have this tiredness a lot. I'm beginning to wonder if I do need more O2 however.....I check my sats, they are ok, so I don't use O2. I've been in this cycle for weeks. Perhaps my sats drop between checking and I don't know it. Anyway, I'm going back to using more O2. At 2, 2 1/2L it can't hurt me and I do seem to feel better when I use more O2. Now that probably doesn't help you at all! At least you know it isn't meds and you've taken the antibiotics before. How long have you been this drowsy? Could itchy skin be dry skin? I guess there are worse things then wanting to take a nap, huh. lol Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! Anyone any ideas why I'm so

tired? Just lately I've been really tired. Unreasonably tired for what I've been doing during the day, and that's taking the PF into account. I have to have a snooze in the morning after everyone else has gone to school or work, and then have another snooze in the afternoon after I've done the school run. If I don't then I end up crashing out and feeling worse for it. I've only been like this for a couple of weeks. I'm on antibiotics at the moment, but they're the ones I usually take and they don't usually make me drowsy. I've also got itchy skin, and not in areas that are exposed to the sunlight. My other meds haven't changed for a long time, and I'm still on pred. I'm waiting to get some results from the hospital before I visit my gp, but I was wondering if any of you had any ideas. Thanks Love Ze xx K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14

Guest guest

Ter...my golly! I learn something new here all the time. I didn't know chronic tiredness could mean possible bleeding!

Do let us know of course Ter.

To you Ze........I surely wasn't discounting your being tired when I wrote, "there are worse things than wanting a nap" or something like that. Who knew????

Both of you be well soon! Mama says so!

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: Anyone any ideas why I'm so tired?

Hey Z,

Just got back from the PCP and asked why I'm so tired and lo and behold, he thinks I may be bleeding from somewhere. Off I will go for another colonoscopy. I thought maybe I just needed a B12 shot, he thinks not. I've heard they help people who are tired, but from the blood tests I had taken last week, he wins. I love him and he is really great, and may well be the only Dr I don't argue with!

Just wanted you to know, naps seem to be the thing. I will keep you posted, you do the same.

A bunch a hugs,

TerZena <zeasmanbtinternet> wrote:

Thanks

Love Ze xx

Terry Pennisi 11/07 IPF Nevada

Guest guest

Why so Tired?

Now tiredness and fatigue may be one of the most difficult things to

diagnose possible. Mine was all blamed on depression and being out of

shape. Lack of oxygen was overlooked. By far the most common cause is

sleep problems. Yes, you may nap a couple of times a day and still be

tired because of poor quality sleep at night. You may find it blamed on

normal aging or just be told its normal for the disease.

You have to determine if it feels to you as something just not right,

something different, and something not consistent with the disease. You

also have to insist your doctor runs tests whether he believes there is

a problem or not. If in your gut, you feel there is more, then push.

Yes, your tiredness could be nothing but the disease. However, like some

of the examples pointed out, it could be a million other things. At the

least a complete blood panel is a start. And, don't assume just because

you've had so much blood taken, everything has been covered. Certainly

thyroid is a common problem. Anemia could be. So many things exacerbated

by our medications.

So, if you believe your tired just isn't right, make the doctor believe.

Then if everything is ok, as Sher said, there are worse things than

naps.

> Just lately I've been really tired. Unreasonably tired for what I've

been doing during the day, and that's taking the PF into account. I have

to have a snooze in the morning after everyone else has gone to school

or work, and then have another snooze in the afternoon after I've done

the school run. If I don't then I end up crashing out and feeling worse

for it. I've only been like this for a couple of weeks. I'm on

antibiotics at the moment, but they're the ones I usually take and they

don't usually make me drowsy. I've also got itchy skin, and not in areas

that are exposed to the sunlight. My other meds haven't changed for a

long time, and I'm still on pred. I'm waiting to get some results from

the hospital before I visit my gp, but I was wondering if any of you had

any ideas.

> Thanks

> Love Ze xx

>

>

>

> Terry Pennisi 11/07 IPF Nevada

>

>

>

------------------------------------------------------------------------\

------

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try

it now.

>

Guest guest

That's ok Sher, there ARE worse things than wanting a nap. I'm on my own this weekend as Rob and Lili are going camping. I'm going to take the opportunity of having a proper rest while they're away and see how I feel after that. I must admit that I wasn't thinking that I've got internal bleeding,

Terry, I hope you're ok xxx

Love Ze xx> Just lately I've been really tired. Unreasonably tired for what I've been doing during the day, and that's taking the PF into account. I have to have a snooze in the morning after everyone else has gone to school or work, and then have another snooze in the afternoon after I've done the school run. If I don't then I end up crashing out and feeling worse for it. I've only been like this for a couple of weeks. I'm on antibiotics at the moment, but they're the ones I usually take and they don't usually make me drowsy. I've also got itchy skin, and not in areas that are exposed to the sunlight. My other meds haven't changed for a long time, and I'm still on pred. I'm waiting to get some results from the hospital before I visit my gp, but I was wondering if any of you had any ideas.> Thanks> Love Ze xx> > > > Terry Pennisi 11/07 IPF Nevada> > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.>