RemedySpot.com

Monday's Groupie Replies from Oz

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I've just finished catching up on Posts & looking at all the new fabby photos...BIG THANX for everyone taking the trouble to put up their pics...it really makes a HUGE difference in feeling involved from a distance.

SYNDER: sounds like it was a really successful get-together & education process for the world at large. Even though most of us couldn't be there we DO take note & appreciate all the efforts of those who did (especially Wally who did a sterling job in getting it organised!)

GWYNNE: oh my heart SOARS when I read of your progress Lady G....I'm glad you got a little buzz from the Aussie Post....my absolute pleasure!

My Tassie girl, Ahli is a happy earnest little school girl & has a big BONUS in her life right now, of her first very own HORSE (Called 'LADY") . She has been gifted to Ahli to look after in her 'gentle years') LADY is a white Arab, some where around 20 years old..Ahli has been doing horse-riding lessons every week since she was 4 years old & is over the moon about her new responsibility!

You, my dear Mentor & friend, keep on getting strong & well.

I'm so pleased to hear the lovely news for your daughter Kate & her engagement...tell her that her news makes us ALL glow!

PRINCESS H.H.: oh, how I LOVE your jokes Peggy....I can hear your voice when I read 'em. You are such a lovely light, warm touch on this Board!

IRENE: I'm sorry you feel so let-down & that your expectations were not met in your surgery.

All I can offer is that surgeons frequently use a Laparoscopic technique as an Investigative Tool before proceeding with major abdominal surgery. After all, full abdominal incision is a tough procedure. No surgeon would want to procede with that unless he/she was absolutely certain it would be in the patients best interest. I know surgeons in Australia are getting a lot of bad press about doing 'unnecessary surgery'...does that get much attention in the US & Canada????? It's a TOUGH call for the sureons a lot of the time!

I have a friend who had a colon resection only to find out later that it wasn't neccessary (confirmed by pathology reports) but since the surgeon was 'in there' already, he went ahead & did it ! If he'd done a Laparoscopy first the surgery could have been avoided! It was major surgery & she lost a lot of her bowel ..she's NOT happy with that outcome even though she went into surgery expecting that it would happen!

You've had a terrible SHOCK & it sounds to me like the communication channels between your surgeon & you leave a lot to be desired. You deserve to know the whats & whyfores.....

I keep being reminded that Medicine is not an Exact Science! That said you need & deserve counselling on this issue!

I sincerely hope that you reach out & get the help you need to understand what you've just experienced.

SGIO's FAN CLUB:

HOo Roooo Folks,

GIO