RemedySpot.com

Post ANZAC Post from Oz

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Gang,

It's been a HUGE weekend in Oz..started on Friday with our ANZAC DAY commemoration of all the efforts of our Troops in all military engagements in our relatively short national history. There were Dawn Services in every city & town across Australia as well as huge crowds at ANZAC COVE in Gallipoli in Turkey & several villages in France.

Of course as well as the formal stuff of Services & Parades etc there was the traditional AFL footy game in Melbourne between 2 old arch rival clubs, Essendon (the Bombers ) & Collingwood (the Magpies)...... & the game of 'Two-up' which involves betting on Heads/Tails using old Pennies as they did in the Trenches in World War I to pass the time while waiting for action! Two-up is illegal on every other day of the year!

As well as that, I had a really busy weekend with rellies visiting (so of course THAT involved lots of )..............I use visitors to kick start me into ACTION on the domestic hard-yakka front........... & THEN there was my grandson's 9th birthday party on Sunday......

Today I'm knackered!

GIO