RemedySpot.com

RE: Gwynne/Kerry

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Gwynne, As always you are an inspiration. Until reading your story I would never have considered a transplant for myself. Keep up the great recovery.

Kerry, My prayers are with you and your husband for a speedy transplant and recovery. Fantastic.

Steve59 from WA IPF 2006

Reply-To: Breathe-Support To: BREATHE-SUPPORT Information <Breathe-Support >Subject: GwynneDate: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 12:48:58 -0500

It was another clinic day for me. Dr. Angel was justbeaming. Today we didn't use a wheelchair, and mypfts were very good. and I couldn't believethe x-ray of the King Kong lung. The bloodwork wasgood except for a bit of anemia. I have clearance towalk outside now without the mask. If things keepgoing this well, I'll be able to go HOME in 3 weeks.I'll continue rehab there in Fort Worth, and followup with my same doctor of the last four years at UTSW.Kerry,Oh YES, I'm so glad you're listed. I think of you sooften, and will of course be praying that you'll getthe call soon! I have a really good feeling about youand transplant. Maybe you'll get "lucky" and haveseveral signs (as I did, like little taps on the shoulderfrom God) before getting the call to reinforcethat it's absolutely the right thing to do. They reallyhelped put my mind at ease, not that I ever doubtedthat it was the right choice for me. The stronger youare going into it, the better you'll do. I wasn'tstrong, so you ought to do just as well as I have!FYI, a group of us were talking at clinic this morning,and all of us said that tx wasn't as bad as we feared.Hugs and blessings,Gwynnie 57 Single-lung Transplant on 4-3-08 atUTHSC San (my Dream Team!) TX