Guest guest

Sher

Mine are beyond coke bottles, even the old coke bottles. Although I'm

the worlds worst at anything approaching my eye and the thought of the

surgery scares me, plus it seems stupid to even want cataracts to grow

faster, I do look forward to the time I have the surgery and the thinner

lenses after. In this area, they are widely promoting the surgery to

those even without cataracts for vision improvement. It is used for

those my age instead of Lasik. However, with cataracts, medicare pays.

Without it today, I'd have to pay and its not cheap by any means.

>

> As usual, you are right on when you suggest if it doesn't feel

right...push it through for an answer! That truly is good

advice.....even for emotional, mental " gnats " ..............I call them

'gnats' because a feeling continues to flit through our mind, not

letting us alone, not going away. Not " feeling right " . Causes us to take

action.

> >>>>> I see really really really good WITH glasses. I thought I may

not need anything but readers after two cataract surgeries. I was told

by surgeon that an implant goes in to 'replace' the lens in the

glasses....but my new glasses still have tri-focals. Go figure. However,

the lens are ever so much thinner. Previously, the right eye lens was

verging on 'coke bottle' thickness. Not a lot more correction I could

get. Now, I shouldn't need any more corrections.

> >>>>>I'm glad you have in your life.

>

>

> Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.

> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

>

Guest guest

Honestly Bruce...there is less to cataract surgery than opening your mouth for a dentist! In fact I'd rather. No pain, during or after. Takes about 15 minutes or so. Takes longer for the prep....eye drops/dilatation. Amazing. Vision is much improved and I'd do it again in a minute. If you qualify I'd urge you to consider so you too can enjoy good vision.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: Bruce/

SherMine are beyond coke bottles, even the old coke bottles. Although I'mthe worlds worst at anything approaching my eye and the thought of thesurgery scares me, plus it seems stupid to even want cataracts to growfaster, I do look forward to the time I have the surgery and the thinnerlenses after. In this area, they are widely promoting the surgery tothose even without cataracts for vision improvement. It is used forthose my age instead of Lasik. However, with cataracts, medicare pays.Without it today, I'd have to pay and its not cheap by any means.>> As usual, you are right on when you suggest if it doesn't feelright...push it through for an answer! That truly is goodadvice.....even for emotional, mental "gnats"..............I call them'gnats' because a feeling continues to flit through our mind, notletting us alone, not going away. Not "feeling right". Causes us to takeaction.> >>>>> I see really really really good WITH glasses. I thought I maynot need anything but readers after two cataract surgeries. I was toldby surgeon that an implant goes in to 'replace' the lens in theglasses....but my new glasses still have tri-focals. Go figure. However,the lens are ever so much thinner. Previously, the right eye lens wasverging on 'coke bottle' thickness. Not a lot more correction I couldget. Now, I shouldn't need any more corrections.> >>>>>I'm glad you have in your life.>>> Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!>

Guest guest

Sher

I don't qualify yet. But I am going to have a discussion with my

Opthalmologist when I go as it would seem that knowing my condition is

going to decline and at some point that decline could be rapid, then it

might make sense to have the surgery earlier than is normal-not

prematurely, but when it makes sense.

> >

> > As usual, you are right on when you suggest if it doesn't feel

> right...push it through for an answer! That truly is good

> advice.....even for emotional, mental " gnats " ..............I call them

> 'gnats' because a feeling continues to flit through our mind, not

> letting us alone, not going away. Not " feeling right " . Causes us to

take

> action.

> > >>>>> I see really really really good WITH glasses. I thought I may

> not need anything but readers after two cataract surgeries. I was told

> by surgeon that an implant goes in to 'replace' the lens in the

> glasses....but my new glasses still have tri-focals. Go figure.

However,

> the lens are ever so much thinner. Previously, the right eye lens was

> verging on 'coke bottle' thickness. Not a lot more correction I could

> get. Now, I shouldn't need any more corrections.

> > >>>>>I'm glad you have in your life.

> >

> >

> > Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.

> > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

> >

>

Guest guest

I'm thinking if your lens are that thick then your vision may be clouded by cataracts? How do you know you 'don't' qualify?

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

SherI don't qualify yet. But I am going to have a discussion with myOpthalmologist when I go as it would seem that knowing my condition isgoing to decline and at some point that decline could be rapid, then itmight make sense to have the surgery earlier than is normal-notprematurely, but when it makes sense.> >> > As usual, you are right on when you suggest if it doesn't feel> right...push it through for an answer! That truly is good> advice.....even for emotional, mental "gnats"..............I call them> 'gnats' because a feeling continues to flit through our mind, not> letting us alone, not going away. Not "feeling right". Causes us totake> action.> > >>>>> I see really really really good WITH glasses. I thought I may> not need anything but readers after two cataract surgeries. I was told> by surgeon that an implant goes in to 'replace' the lens in the> glasses....but my new glasses still have tri-focals. Go figure.However,> the lens are ever so much thinner. Previously, the right eye lens was> verging on 'coke bottle' thickness. Not a lot more correction I could> get. Now, I shouldn't need any more corrections.> > >>>>>I'm glad you have in your life.> >> >> > Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.> > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!> >>

Guest guest

Sher

My lens have been thick for over 50 years so thats not cataracts. I am

due for my annual opthalmology visit though, but last year at this time

didn't have cataracts-no more than very small starting to develop,

future cataract stage. Who knows a year later. But, I started wearing

glasses when I was 5.

> > >

> > > As usual, you are right on when you suggest if it doesn't feel

> > right...push it through for an answer! That truly is good

> > advice.....even for emotional, mental " gnats " ..............I call

them

> > 'gnats' because a feeling continues to flit through our mind, not

> > letting us alone, not going away. Not " feeling right " . Causes us to

> take

> > action.

> > > >>>>> I see really really really good WITH glasses. I thought I

may

> > not need anything but readers after two cataract surgeries. I was

told

> > by surgeon that an implant goes in to 'replace' the lens in the

> > glasses....but my new glasses still have tri-focals. Go figure.

> However,

> > the lens are ever so much thinner. Previously, the right eye lens

was

> > verging on 'coke bottle' thickness. Not a lot more correction I

could

> > get. Now, I shouldn't need any more corrections.

> > > >>>>>I'm glad you have in your life.

> > >

> > >

> > > Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.

> > > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

I wore glasses at 11 I think and since. Anyway, looks like you aren't ready for the cataract surgery but how nice to know it's there when you are.

SherMy lens have been thick for over 50 years so thats not cataracts. I amdue for my annual opthalmology visit though, but last year at this timedidn't have cataracts-no more than very small starting to develop,future cataract stage. Who knows a year later. But, I started wearingglasses when I was 5.> > >> > > As usual, you are right on when you suggest if it doesn't feel> > right...push it through for an answer! That truly is good> > advice.....even for emotional, mental "gnats"..............I callthem> > 'gnats' because a feeling continues to flit through our mind, not> > letting us alone, not going away. Not "feeling right". Causes us to> take> > action.> > > >>>>> I see really really really good WITH glasses. I thought Imay> > not need anything but readers after two cataract surgeries. I wastold> > by surgeon that an implant goes in to 'replace' the lens in the> > glasses....but my new glasses still have tri-focals. Go figure.> However,> > the lens are ever so much thinner. Previously, the right eye lenswas> > verging on 'coke bottle' thickness. Not a lot more correction Icould> > get. Now, I shouldn't need any more corrections.> > > >>>>>I'm glad you have in your life.> > >> > >> > > Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.> > > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!> > >> >>

Guest guest

SHER..JOE HAD MONO LASIX SURGERY ABOUT 8 YEARS AGO AND WENT FROM COKE BOTTLES TO 20/20 VISION...HE WAS SO EXCITED TO TAKE A SHOWER AND READ THE ALARM CLOCK WITHOUT GLASSES ON! THEN IN SEPT. OF 06 HE STEPPED OFF HIS SONS' STOOP AND LANDED IN A POTHOLE IN THE YARD. HE KNEW IMMEDIATELY HE MESSED UP HIS KNEE AND WOULD REQUIRE SURGERY. THE WEEKEND PRIOR TO SURGERY ON A FRIDAY EVENING HE SAID HIS R EYE FELT FUNNY AND HIS SISTER THOUGHT HE MIGHT HAVE A COLD IN HIS EYE. HE WENT TO WORK ON SAT AND SAID IT WAS A LITTLE FOGGY. SUNDAY I WENT TO LOWES AFTER CHURCH TO SEE HIM AND HE WAS ALMOST IN A PANIC MODE (JUST WITH ME NOT CUSTOMERS) AND SAID HE COULD NOT SEE ANYTHING OUT OF HIS R EYE. HE HAD TO BE AT THE STORE AT 4AM MONDAY SO I DROVE HIM TO WORK AND AT 8 AM I PICKED HIM UP AND TOOK HIM TO OUR OPTOMOTRIST. WITHIN 5 MINUTES OF EXAMING JOE HE WAS SENDING US TO ATLANTA TO SEE AN EYE SURGEON FOR A DETATCHED RETINA. HE NEVER HAD THE TYPICAL SYMPTOMS SUCH AS FLOATERS (WE DID NOT KNOW THE SYMPTOMS PRIOR TO THIS INCIDENT) AND HE WAS SCHEDULED FOR SURGERY THAT THURS. SO KNEE SURGERY FOR WED WAS CANCELLED AND BOTTOM LINE IS HE NOW HAS 20/2000 VISION IN LAYMANS TERMS. WE SPENT 500.00 ON GLASSES AND HE ALSO HAD CATARACT SURGERY ALL TO NO AVAIL. I RECALL SHARING THIS WITH SOMEONE ELSE ON THIS SIGHT AND ENCOURAGED THEM NOT TO WAIT TO LONG, AND SURE ENOUGH THAT PERSON DID HAVE A DETATCHED RETINA. THIS OCCURENCE CALLS FOR IMMEDIATE EXAMINATION BECAUSE IT IS IMPORTANT THAT THE BLOOD FLOW BE RESTORED ASAP, WITHIN 48 HOURS IS BEST. JOE WENT 6 DAYS. THE FLUID OF THE EYE SEEPS BEHIND THE RETINA TEAR AND THE LONGER ONE WAITS THE TEAR EVENTUALLY BECOMES A PARTIAL OR COMPLETE DETATCHMENT.

I TOOK THIS OPPORTUNITY OF CATARACT DISCUSSION TO LET THE NEWBIES KNOW ABOUT FLOATERS AND HOW TIME IS MOST CRITICAL .....

CATARACT SURGERY IS SUCH AN AMAZING AND CORRECTIVE SURGERY AND SO FEW PEOPLE HAVE PROBLEMS AFTERWARDS I TELL EVERYONE NOT TO HESITATE WHEN THIS SURGERY CAN BE SUCH A BLESSING.

JOE/JOANIE JOE 60 IPF1/2008

GRIFFIN, GA.

-- Re: Bruce/

SherMine are beyond coke bottles, even the old coke bottles. Although I'mthe worlds worst at anything approaching my eye and the thought of thesurgery scares me, plus it seems stupid to even want cataracts to growfaster, I do look forward to the time I have the surgery and the thinnerlenses after. In this area, they are widely promoting the surgery tothose even without cataracts for vision improvement. It is used forthose my age instead of Lasik. However, with cataracts, medicare pays.Without it today, I'd have to pay and its not cheap by any means.>> As usual, you are right on when you suggest if it doesn't feelright...push it through for an answer! That truly is goodadvice.....even for emotional, mental "gnats"..............I call them'gnats' because a feeling continues to flit through our mind, notletting us alone, not going away. Not "feeling right". Causes us to takeaction.> >>>>> I see really really really good WITH glasses. I thought I maynot need anything but readers after two cataract surgeries. I was toldby surgeon that an implant goes in to 'replace' the lens in theglasses....but my new glasses still have tri-focals. Go figure. However,the lens are ever so much thinner. Previously, the right eye lens wasverging on 'coke bottle' thickness. Not a lot more correction I couldget. Now, I shouldn't need any more corrections.> >>>>>I'm glad you have in your life.>>> Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!>