RemedySpot.com

Hello

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

, thank you for reminding us what perspective we should be putting

everything in. I think we all need reminders of that every once in a while...

at least I know I do.

:)

Hello

Good Afternoon Ladies,

This is . I don't know if you remember me, but I was on the

message board about a week or so back. I haven't been on for awhile

because I was kind of in a depression, well, not really so much a

depression as a lack of faith. I was going back and forth with my in-

laws about them being able to help us pay for the surgery, one day

they were able to, the next day they weren't, and it was driving me

crazy and I decided to just give up waiting for their help, besides

they had enough stress trying to finance the building of their house

on our property (long story..and I'm long enough as it is). Anyways,

I felt pretty hopeless and depressed...I mean, I had been waiting for

8 years for this and I was just tired of, well, just tired....and

then it hit me that I had lost all my faith, that I had taken over

control of the situation (well, tried to) and realized that I had no

control. I was trying to make things happen my way instead of having

faith that they would work out the way they were supposed to. So, I

handed it all back to God and said, " ok, here's my mess of a

life...take it and do what you will with it. " And God said, " Mess?

What mess, " and he showed me all the things I had to thankful for and

I felt so grateful and ashamed at the same time. And, so he sewed me

back up (again) and here I am on a nice sunny day with faith that it

will all work out the way it is supposed to. Anyways, that brings me

to the point of my writing this. I thought that there might be

someone out there that is where I was last week, caught up in life,

instead of enjoying it, it is so easy to do that...we worry about

paying for the surgery, will we ever have the surgery, will it work,

will we ever have that baby, about our hormone levels, etc.,

etc....and sometimes we have to take a deep breath, go outside and

listen to the birds sing, cry our hearts out, whatever makes us feel

better and helps us to appreciate the here and now...trust me, I have

to remind myself of that all the time. Now, just because I'm writing

this doesn't mean I'm healed forever, it doesn't mean that tomorrow I

won't feel bad, but if I do, I'll pray and go onto this message board

and get some words of encouragement, because that's what this board

is for right? So, know that between your words and God, I have come

through that dark cloud and into the sunshine, at least for this

week:)...kind of makes you all warm and cozy inside doesn't it;)

Anyways, just thought I would share these thoughts with you...

P.S. Congrats to all the pregos out there! I'm excited for you!

P.S.S. Connie, your pottie training story was so funny that my kids

had the number out for the psych ward and were ready to dial for them

to take me away (wish they had)...anyway, you should send that one to

Reader's Digest and make some money off of it...too funny!!!

-the long-winded one

• 5 years later...
Guest guest

Good morning all!! I have had a heck of a week!! My uncle died on

Monday. He was in his 80s and had suffered from a long illness. Was

still a blow to deal with, as we just buried my Grandpa who was 93 a

month ago.

Yesterday, I went to pulmo doc. He said the medicine is not making

me any better. Then he said he wants me to go to pulmonary rehab to

learn a " better quality of life, even though I will never get

better. " (His exact words.) Well, I am thinking, never say NEVER!!

Needless to say, I was really depressed when I left there. He wants

me to try Mucomyst. He said I can get it over the counter. My

appointment in Birmingham is in 6 weeks and I have to go back and see

pulmo in 8 weeks. He also said when I come back, he wants me to taper

down the prednisone to 20 mg a day instead of 30 mg on June 1. They

drew blood yesterday and I got a B12 injection. I have gotten where

whenever I go in, I just stick my arm out and turn my head. LOL!! He

did tell me that I was doing good with my walking up to a mile a day

and to keep at it if I can. I am really trying here. My Total Gym

got here on Monday and I used in Tuesday for 15 minutes and was

coughing so bad I thought I was gonna die!! Guess I will have to

take it slower. I would hate to think I bought the thing for

nothing!! Also, I had gained another pound yesterday. That makes 3

pounds since I started the prednisone, which is not a lot, but on a

4'11 " body, 135 pounds is a lot!!

Well, thanks all for letting me vent this morning!! You are the only

people who actually understand when I don't feel good!! Sometimes I

feel like I am just a complainer and I don't mean to be. It's just

that my family members really don't understand how bad I feel because

they haven't been there. They do try, don't get me wrong, but it's

just not the same as talking with people who actually KNOW how you

feel. Does that make sense?

I hope you all have a wonderful day. It is sunny out here and I

think I am going to get out and walk a little extra today. Maybe the

fresh air will do me good.

Caro

Guest guest

Caro

Was nice to hear a doctor who talks about living better and most have

really benefitted from rehab. Rehab will help you get to where your

total home gym will be absolutely great.

I do look forward to you getting to Birmingham but also sounds like a

doctor who is thinking in that he's talking about tapering your

prednisone. There are no rights or wrongs but just choices.

Always feel free to vent here. We all have that need with this disease.

>

> Good morning all!! I have had a heck of a week!! My uncle died on

> Monday. He was in his 80s and had suffered from a long illness. Was

> still a blow to deal with, as we just buried my Grandpa who was 93 a

> month ago.

>

> Yesterday, I went to pulmo doc. He said the medicine is not making

> me any better. Then he said he wants me to go to pulmonary rehab to

> learn a " better quality of life, even though I will never get

> better. " (His exact words.) Well, I am thinking, never say NEVER!!

> Needless to say, I was really depressed when I left there. He wants

> me to try Mucomyst. He said I can get it over the counter. My

> appointment in Birmingham is in 6 weeks and I have to go back and see

> pulmo in 8 weeks. He also said when I come back, he wants me to taper

> down the prednisone to 20 mg a day instead of 30 mg on June 1. They

> drew blood yesterday and I got a B12 injection. I have gotten where

> whenever I go in, I just stick my arm out and turn my head. LOL!! He

> did tell me that I was doing good with my walking up to a mile a day

> and to keep at it if I can. I am really trying here. My Total Gym

> got here on Monday and I used in Tuesday for 15 minutes and was

> coughing so bad I thought I was gonna die!! Guess I will have to

> take it slower. I would hate to think I bought the thing for

> nothing!! Also, I had gained another pound yesterday. That makes 3

> pounds since I started the prednisone, which is not a lot, but on a

> 4'11 " body, 135 pounds is a lot!!

>

> Well, thanks all for letting me vent this morning!! You are the only

> people who actually understand when I don't feel good!! Sometimes I

> feel like I am just a complainer and I don't mean to be. It's just

> that my family members really don't understand how bad I feel because

> they haven't been there. They do try, don't get me wrong, but it's

> just not the same as talking with people who actually KNOW how you

> feel. Does that make sense?

>

> I hope you all have a wonderful day. It is sunny out here and I

> think I am going to get out and walk a little extra today. Maybe the

> fresh air will do me good.

>

> Caro

>

Guest guest

Thanks so much Bruce for the encouragement!! I just want to make the most of what I have left and try and do the best I can with it. I think that is what we all want. I am really hopeful the pulmonary rehab will help. I know I have read posts from a lot of people who have been through it and it was helpful, and that is encouraging, too. I will surely be glad when it is time to go to Birmingham. My pulmo doesn't want to try anything else until I go and we see what they have to say, so I am kinda at a standstill until I go. Kinda weird how you actually look forward to being put through the ringer, huh? LOL!! CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi

Subject: Re: HelloTo: Breathe-Support Date: Thursday, May 1, 2008, 11:48 AM

CaroWas nice to hear a doctor who talks about living better and most havereally benefitted from rehab. Rehab will help you get to where yourtotal home gym will be absolutely great.I do look forward to you getting to Birmingham but also sounds like adoctor who is thinking in that he's talking about tapering yourprednisone. There are no rights or wrongs but just choices.Always feel free to vent here. We all have that need with this disease.>> Good morning all!! I have had a heck of a week!! My uncle died on> Monday. He was in his 80s and had suffered from a long illness. Was> still a blow to deal with, as we just buried my Grandpa who was 93 a> month ago.>> Yesterday, I went to pulmo

doc. He said the medicine is not making> me any better. Then he said he wants me to go to pulmonary rehab to> learn a "better quality of life, even though I will never get> better." (His exact words.) Well, I am thinking, never say NEVER!!> Needless to say, I was really depressed when I left there. He wants> me to try Mucomyst. He said I can get it over the counter. My> appointment in Birmingham is in 6 weeks and I have to go back and see> pulmo in 8 weeks. He also said when I come back, he wants me to taper> down the prednisone to 20 mg a day instead of 30 mg on June 1. They> drew blood yesterday and I got a B12 injection. I have gotten where> whenever I go in, I just stick my arm out and turn my head. LOL!! He> did tell me that I was doing good with my walking up to a mile a day> and to keep at it if I can. I am really trying here. My Total Gym> got here on

Monday and I used in Tuesday for 15 minutes and was> coughing so bad I thought I was gonna die!! Guess I will have to> take it slower. I would hate to think I bought the thing for> nothing!! Also, I had gained another pound yesterday. That makes 3> pounds since I started the prednisone, which is not a lot, but on a> 4'11" body, 135 pounds is a lot!!>> Well, thanks all for letting me vent this morning!! You are the only> people who actually understand when I don't feel good!! Sometimes I> feel like I am just a complainer and I don't mean to be. It's just> that my family members really don't understand how bad I feel because> they haven't been there. They do try, don't get me wrong, but it's> just not the same as talking with people who actually KNOW how you> feel. Does that make sense?>> I hope you all have a wonderful day. It is sunny out here and

I> think I am going to get out and walk a little extra today. Maybe the> fresh air will do me good.>> Caro>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Caro

Well, Birmingham will be one long day but nothing left unturned and its

good your pulmonologist seems to respect them and understand the need to

go there.

Guest guest

Caro,

Feel free to complain to your heart's content. Sometimes, just voicing your miseries makes a difference. Know that you will find people willing to listen here.

The doc said that you were not getting "better" but did he say that you had gotten worse? If you have not, then you are stable and stable is wonderful. It is the best that we can hope for.

Rehab is a good thing.

So sorry about the deaths in your family. It doesn't matter the age, the absence leaves a big hole.

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16>> Good morning all!! I have had a heck of a week!! My uncle died on > Monday. He was in his 80s and had suffered from a long illness. Was > still a blow to deal with, as we just buried my Grandpa who was 93 a > month ago.> > Yesterday, I went to pulmo doc. He said the medicine is not making > me any better. Then he said he wants me to go to pulmonary rehab to > learn a "better quality of life, even though I will never get > better." (His exact words.) Well, I am thinking, never say NEVER!! > Needless to say, I was really depressed when I left there. He wants > me to try Mucomyst. He said I can get it over the counter. My > appointment in Birmingham is in 6 weeks and I have to go back and see > pulmo in 8 weeks. He also said when I come back, he wants me to taper > down the prednisone to 20 mg a day instead of 30 mg on June 1. They > drew blood yesterday and I got a B12 injection. I have gotten where > whenever I go in, I just stick my arm out and turn my head. LOL!! He > did tell me that I was doing good with my walking up to a mile a day > and to keep at it if I can. I am really trying here. My Total Gym > got here on Monday and I used in Tuesday for 15 minutes and was > coughing so bad I thought I was gonna die!! Guess I will have to > take it slower. I would hate to think I bought the thing for > nothing!! Also, I had gained another pound yesterday. That makes 3 > pounds since I started the prednisone, which is not a lot, but on a > 4'11" body, 135 pounds is a lot!!> > Well, thanks all for letting me vent this morning!! You are the only > people who actually understand when I don't feel good!! Sometimes I > feel like I am just a complainer and I don't mean to be. It's just > that my family members really don't understand how bad I feel because > they haven't been there. They do try, don't get me wrong, but it's > just not the same as talking with people who actually KNOW how you > feel. Does that make sense?> > I hope you all have a wonderful day. It is sunny out here and I > think I am going to get out and walk a little extra today. Maybe the > fresh air will do me good.> > Caro>

Guest guest

I was thinking that, too, but I am still looking forward to it, especially to get more insight into this disease. Am glad my mom and dad are going with me for support, too. Maybe will help them understand better, too. Thanks again for all the support and just for listening. I really appreciate you all.

CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi

Subject: Re: HelloTo: Breathe-Support Date: Thursday, May 1, 2008, 12:27 PM

CaroWell, Birmingham will be one long day but nothing left unturned and itsgood your pulmonologist seems to respect them and understand the need togo there.

Guest guest

Joyce,

Thanks so much for listening to me babble today!! LOL!! I appreciate the thoughts for my family, too. It is hard to bury a loved one even though it is part of life. It still SUCKS!! And you are right -- he didn't say I was getting worse, just not "better," so yeah, that is a good positive way to look at it and I will definitely take that thought!! Thank you!! You made my day!! How are you feeling today?CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi

Subject: Re: HelloTo: Breathe-Support Date: Thursday, May 1, 2008, 4:15 PM

Caro,

Feel free to complain to your heart's content. Sometimes, just voicing your miseries makes a difference. Know that you will find people willing to listen here.

The doc said that you were not getting "better" but did he say that you had gotten worse? If you have not, then you are stable and stable is wonderful. It is the best that we can hope for.

Rehab is a good thing.

So sorry about the deaths in your family. It doesn't matter the age, the absence leaves a big hole.

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16>> Good morning all!! I have had a heck of a week!! My uncle died on > Monday. He was in his 80s and had suffered from a long illness. Was > still a blow to deal with, as we just buried my Grandpa who was 93 a > month ago.> > Yesterday, I went to pulmo doc. He said the medicine is not making > me any better. Then

he said he wants me to go to pulmonary rehab to > learn a "better quality of life, even though I will never get > better." (His exact words.) Well, I am thinking, never say NEVER!! > Needless to say, I was really depressed when I left there. He wants > me to try Mucomyst. He said I can get it over the counter. My > appointment in Birmingham is in 6 weeks and I have to go back and see > pulmo in 8 weeks. He also said when I come back, he wants me to taper > down the prednisone to 20 mg a day instead of 30 mg on June 1. They > drew blood yesterday and I got a B12 injection. I have gotten where > whenever I go in, I just stick my arm out and turn my head. LOL!! He > did tell me that I was doing good with my walking up to a mile a day > and to keep at it if I can. I am really trying here. My Total Gym > got here on Monday and I used in Tuesday for 15 minutes and was >

coughing so bad I thought I was gonna die!! Guess I will have to > take it slower. I would hate to think I bought the thing for > nothing!! Also, I had gained another pound yesterday. That makes 3 > pounds since I started the prednisone, which is not a lot, but on a > 4'11" body, 135 pounds is a lot!!> > Well, thanks all for letting me vent this morning!! You are the only > people who actually understand when I don't feel good!! Sometimes I > feel like I am just a complainer and I don't mean to be. It's just > that my family members really don't understand how bad I feel because > they haven't been there. They do try, don't get me wrong, but it's > just not the same as talking with people who actually KNOW how you > feel. Does that make sense?> > I hope you all have a wonderful day. It is sunny out here and I > think I am going to get out and walk a

little extra today. Maybe the > fresh air will do me good.> > Caro>