RemedySpot.com

Caro-Rehab

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Caro,

Every rehab program probably varies somewhat but in general, they consist of both aerobic exercise (treadmill or recumbi-bike) and some weight training with small weights usually concentrating on upper body strength. Your heart rate and O2 saturations will be monitored closely. There is usually also a strong educational component where you learn all kinds of things about living with lung disease.

Rehab isn't going to affect your lung function, that's not what it's for. It's about strengthening the rest of your body in order to improve your quality of life.

I'm a HUGE advocate of rehab. The benefits for me have been long lasting, not just physically but socially there are people I'm still in touch with, people I would not have had any way of meeting if not for rehab.

Rehab is a very good thing!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Caro/MB/WaltTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Thursday, May 1, 2008, 12:30 PM

Caro... I really admire your spunk to do the exercise/outside for a walk....! I'm going to rehab again...went previously.. .a couple different times....now will go again. Today. Really need the conditioning. Hey, take it easy on the new "toy". I know how some of us are...we go at things like we're killing snakes with a stick!

MB... You paint a wonderful picture of you on the little deck. I missed something... .are you visiting family in NY?

Walt... You do have a tough decision to make! Do the Drs. have some sort of educated guess by scans/x-rays/ blood work what strain you have?

I'm not a good person to ask because I will not do a lung bio....there is no guarantee it will be absolutely definitive and if it's IPF (you don't say what strain you have) there is no treatment/cure anyway. Prednisone is about the only med used and it has ghastly side effects....I won't take the med either.

There are different opinions Walt....Bruce had a bio, and although painful, he would do it again....I'm sure he will respond to you.

Are you on O2....do you need more O2???

God guide you........

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Thanks MB. Since I do medical transcription from home, it is a pretty lonesome job, except for my E-friends. I would love getting to meet people. That would be great!! I am kinda looking forward to it actually. I think it will help me with maybe some things I haven't thought of.CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi

From: Sher Bauman <bofuswbcable (DOT) net>Subject: Caro/MB/WaltTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Thursday, May 1, 2008, 12:30 PM

Caro... I really admire your spunk to do the exercise/outside for a walk....! I'm going to rehab again...went previously.. .a couple different times....now will go again. Today. Really need the conditioning. Hey, take it easy on the new "toy". I know how some of us are...we go at things like we're killing snakes with a stick!

MB... You paint a wonderful picture of you on the little deck. I missed something... .are you visiting family in NY?

Walt... You do have a tough decision to make! Do the Drs. have some sort of educated guess by scans/x-rays/ blood work what strain you have?

I'm not a good person to ask because I will not do a lung bio....there is no guarantee it will be absolutely definitive and if it's IPF (you don't say what strain you have) there is no treatment/cure anyway. Prednisone is about the only med used and it has ghastly side effects....I won't take the med either.

There are different opinions Walt....Bruce had a bio, and although painful, he would do it again....I'm sure he will respond to you.

Are you on O2....do you need more O2???

God guide you........

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!