RemedySpot.com

Re: More problems

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

My sweet Joyce,

Gosh dang it I wish I was there for you in person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus I wanna kick your drs a** I take iron pills everyday too that's why my lungs bleed. I have lesions, I guess you would call them that for about 2 yrs, ever since I got sick, my arms break out in red splotches, I dont mean little ones, I mean where you can hardly see any arm, sometimes my bleed thru, so attractive. But anyways, hunny,you have been thru so much, I talked to my brother about you and he agreed, you are one tough cookie. Never forget your in my prayers and my thoughts. I love you.

Vicky81856 MI IPH/PF COPD 4-06Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists on family favorites at AOL Food.

Guest guest

Joyce, My prayers are with you. I will ask specifically for some comfort. k IllinoisJoyce wrote: I am having problems with the Hickman Catheter that was inserted into my heart on the 19th of April. If you remember, this was the surgery that was so painful, where I was wide awake when I was supposed to be asleep. The surgeon and I had words the next day. He said a few smart remarks and I said

a few smart remarks and he left the room. Well, this thing has never stopped bleeding. I am on Coumadin and everything is bleeding. My nose particularly. I am tested every week and meds are adjusted, but they evidently can get out of whack between sticks. Today my stick showed that I am severely anemic. I have been so very tired. My IRN, the measure of clotting, was way too high. So, adjustments have been made. Doc put me on Ferrous Sulfate for six months. Not only is this catheter still bleeding, there are lesions on my skin out from the site. My primary told me that I should see the surgeon about all this. I told him that I would not go back to see this creep. He said that another surgeon would not touch the original surgeons work. What is this? The

brotherhood? I called my primary later in the day and asked what I could do about the lesions. He told me to get Betadine and clean them twice a day. Bloodwork showed no actual infection going on, so this is what I will do. I am just astounded that in order to ever get anything done to or about this stupid catheter will have to involve that inept doc. I am going to look into that. Good grief! Sometimes I wish I had never started all this complicated mess. I am getting so tired of all the hospital time and labs and doctor visits. I am thankful for prayers answered. Think I am just so beaten up right now. O.K., enough of being angry.....back to pouting! Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16 K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Joyce,

This is just terrible, I'm horrified that you're still having so much bleeding this long after the surgery. No wonder you're anemic, I'm surprised you have any blood left in your body at all.

Unfortunately your doctor is correct in what he's saying. A different surgeon is going to be extremely reluctant to 'touch another surgeons work'. It is ridiculous but that's my experience also.

You know you are always in my prayers, I just wish there was something concrete I could do to fix this!

Love,

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

More problems

I am having problems with the Hickman Catheter that was inserted into my heart on the 19th of April. If you remember, this was the surgery that was so painful, where I was wide awake when I was supposed to be asleep. The surgeon and I had words the next day. He said a few smart remarks and I said a few smart remarks and he left the room.

Well, this thing has never stopped bleeding. I am on Coumadin and everything is bleeding. My nose particularly. I am tested every week and meds are adjusted, but they evidently can get out of whack between sticks. Today my stick showed that I am severely anemic. I have been so very tired. My IRN, the measure of clotting, was way too high. So, adjustments have been made. Doc put me on Ferrous Sulfate for six months.

Not only is this catheter still bleeding, there are lesions on my skin out from the site. My primary told me that I should see the surgeon about all this. I told him that I would not go back to see this creep. He said that another surgeon would not touch the original surgeons work. What is this? The brotherhood?

I called my primary later in the day and asked what I could do about the lesions. He told me to get Betadine and clean them twice a day. Bloodwork showed no actual infection going on, so this is what I will do.

I am just astounded that in order to ever get anything done to or about this stupid catheter will have to involve that inept doc. I am going to look into that. Good grief!

Sometimes I wish I had never started all this complicated mess. I am getting so tired of all the hospital time and labs and doctor visits. I am thankful for prayers answered. Think I am just so beaten up right now.

O.K., enough of being angry.....back to pouting!

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16

Guest guest

Joyce...I 'hear' you....I 'feel' your exhaustion. And I certainly understand your anger at that jerk of a dr. Maybe you will have to bite the bullet and go back because you DO NEED attention. Have Lucian with you all the time. He certainly knows how you feel by now. Let's hope what he didn't do before he will make up for by doing better then good now. ??

If I could do something to ease your load I sure would..........hugs.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

More problems

I am having problems with the Hickman Catheter that was inserted into my heart on the 19th of April. If you remember, this was the surgery that was so painful, where I was wide awake when I was supposed to be asleep. The surgeon and I had words the next day. He said a few smart remarks and I said a few smart remarks and he left the room.

Well, this thing has never stopped bleeding. I am on Coumadin and everything is bleeding. My nose particularly. I am tested every week and meds are adjusted, but they evidently can get out of whack between sticks. Today my stick showed that I am severely anemic. I have been so very tired. My IRN, the measure of clotting, was way too high. So, adjustments have been made. Doc put me on Ferrous Sulfate for six months.

Not only is this catheter still bleeding, there are lesions on my skin out from the site. My primary told me that I should see the surgeon about all this. I told him that I would not go back to see this creep. He said that another surgeon would not touch the original surgeons work. What is this? The brotherhood?

I called my primary later in the day and asked what I could do about the lesions. He told me to get Betadine and clean them twice a day. Bloodwork showed no actual infection going on, so this is what I will do.

I am just astounded that in order to ever get anything done to or about this stupid catheter will have to involve that inept doc. I am going to look into that. Good grief!

Sometimes I wish I had never started all this complicated mess. I am getting so tired of all the hospital time and labs and doctor visits. I am thankful for prayers answered. Think I am just so beaten up right now.

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16

Guest guest

I wish I could take away your pain, Joyce. That doesn't sound right at all to me that you could not see another surgeon. I am inclined to believe you can see who the heck ever you want. For that matter, I would even consider going to the ER at another hospital just to be sure you wouldn't have to see him!! Maybe it will work out so you primary can take care of it and you don't have to deal with anything else. Lord knows, you have been through more than enough already. Sending hugs and get well wishes --CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi

Subject: Re: More problemsTo: Breathe-Support Date: Friday, May 2, 2008, 12:43 PM

Joyce...I 'hear' you....I 'feel' your exhaustion. And I certainly understand your anger at that jerk of a dr. Maybe you will have to bite the bullet and go back because you DO NEED attention. Have Lucian with you all the time. He certainly knows how you feel by now. Let's hope what he didn't do before he will make up for by doing better then good now. ??

If I could do something to ease your load I sure would....... ...hugs.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

More problems

Guest guest

Joyce,

I can't believe you are going through so much misery. I so wish there was something I could do. There has got to be another surgeon than the sadist you went to. Is there an advocate at the hospital who could help? I am praying and at the same time wishing I had a magic wand or a connection to a great surgeon-

Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California

More problems

Guest guest

Thanks for caring. I see my lung doc on Monday. He may have some answers, then. I am really worried about the "spots" that are showing up on my chest and now all over my torso. My husband counted 7 on my back last night. It started when I left the hospital with one itchy round place that is now about the size of a quarter. This one has little blisters on it and itches like fire. The others aren't itching but look like the first. Scarey. Hospitals are so nasty.

When I saw my primary on Thursday, he said "I don't like the looks of that, it is too close to the site. He then sent me for bloodwork, but didn't identify the thing. When I called him back, he said to use Betadine. I have done that....no change! I would think a swab would identify it and then it could be treated. Guess they will wait until I am one giant sore, then get excited!

Have you gotten moved, yet? Take care of yourself.

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16>> Joyce,> I can't believe you are going through so much misery. I so wish there was something I could do. There has got to be another surgeon than the sadist you went to. Is there an advocate at the hospital who could help? I am praying and at the same time wishing I had a magic wand or a connection to a great surgeon-> > Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California> > > > > More problems> > > I am having problems with the Hickman Catheter that was inserted into my heart on the 19th of April. If you remember, this was the surgery that was so painful, where I was wide awake when I was supposed to be asleep. The surgeon and I had words the next day. He said a few smart remarks and I said a few smart remarks and he left the room. > Well, this thing has never stopped bleeding. I am on Coumadin and everything is bleeding. My nose particularly. I am tested every week and meds are adjusted, but they evidently can get out of whack between sticks. Today my stick showed that I am severely anemic. I have been so very tired. My IRN, the measure of clotting, was way too high. So, adjustments have been made. Doc put me on Ferrous Sulfate for six months. > Not only is this catheter still bleeding, there are lesions on my skin out from the site. My primary told me that I should see the surgeon about all this. I told him that I would not go back to see this creep. He said that another surgeon would not touch the original surgeons work. What is this? The brotherhood? > I called my primary later in the day and asked what I could do about the lesions. He told me to get Betadine and clean them twice a day. Bloodwork showed no actual infection going on, so this is what I will do. > I am just astounded that in order to ever get anything done to or about this stupid catheter will have to involve that inept doc. I am going to look into that. Good grief!> Sometimes I wish I had never started all this complicated mess. I am getting so tired of all the hospital time and labs and doctor visits. I am thankful for prayers answered. Think I am just so beaten up right now. > O.K., enough of being angry.....back to pouting!> Hugs, Joyce D.> > Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 > Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 > .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16> > > > ____________________________________________________________________________________> Be a better friend, newshound, and > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ>

Guest guest

Joyce, I am going to say this AGAIN and forgive me for my redundancy!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad you are back and that you are feeling better and am praying for your total recovery from what is going on. Love ya------Now we just need to hear about Irene. K Central IlJoyce wrote: , Thanks for caring. I see my lung doc on Monday. He

may have some answers, then. I am really worried about the "spots" that are showing up on my chest and now all over my torso. My husband counted 7 on my back last night. It started when I left the hospital with one itchy round place that is now about the size of a quarter. This one has little blisters on it and itches like fire. The others aren't itching but look like the first. Scarey. Hospitals are so nasty. When I saw my primary on Thursday, he said "I don't like the looks of that, it is too close to the site. He then sent me for bloodwork, but didn't identify the thing. When I called him back, he said to use Betadine. I have done that....no change! I would think a swab would identify it and then it could be treated. Guess they will wait until I am one giant sore, then get excited! Have you gotten moved, yet? Take care of yourself. Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16>> Joyce,> I can't believe you are going through so much misery. I so wish there was something I could do. There has got to be another surgeon than the sadist you went to. Is there an advocate at the hospital who could help? I am praying and at the same time

wishing I had a magic wand or a connection to a great surgeon-> > Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California> > > > > More problems> > > I am having problems with the Hickman Catheter that was inserted into my heart on the 19th of April. If you remember, this was the surgery that was so painful, where I was wide awake when I was supposed to be asleep. The surgeon and I had words the next day. He said a few smart remarks and I said a few smart remarks and he left the room. > Well, this thing has never stopped bleeding. I am on Coumadin and everything is bleeding. My nose particularly. I am tested every week and meds are

adjusted, but they evidently can get out of whack between sticks. Today my stick showed that I am severely anemic. I have been so very tired. My IRN, the measure of clotting, was way too high. So, adjustments have been made. Doc put me on Ferrous Sulfate for six months. > Not only is this catheter still bleeding, there are lesions on my skin out from the site. My primary told me that I should see the surgeon about all this. I told him that I would not go back to see this creep. He said that another surgeon would not touch the original surgeons work. What is this? The brotherhood? > I called my primary later in the day and asked what I could do about the lesions. He told me to get Betadine and clean them twice a day. Bloodwork showed no actual infection going on, so this is what I will do. > I am just astounded that in order to ever get anything done to or

about this stupid catheter will have to involve that inept doc. I am going to look into that. Good grief!> Sometimes I wish I had never started all this complicated mess. I am getting so tired of all the hospital time and labs and doctor visits. I am thankful for prayers answered. Think I am just so beaten up right now. > O.K., enough of being angry.....back to pouting!> Hugs, Joyce D.> > Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 > Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 > .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16> > > > ____________________________________________________________________________________> Be a better friend,

newshound, and > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ> K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14

Guest guest

Joyce,

I am moved and just unpacking boxes ( when I complained about the mess in my room, my 5 year old grandson told me to just stick the mess in the closet, that's what he does when his mommy tells him to clean his room!). I love my new house and I love living with my grandkids. Lots of commotion, but it is so good to wake up to babies laughing. I could sit all day and watch them play spiderman and chase other and catch rollie pollies. My new Masters class started this week and is keeping me busy-but good busy. I am worried about your spots too. Glad you are seeing your doc tomorrow. I hope he has some answers for you ( and a new improved surgeon). God bless you Joyce-

Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California

More problems> > > I am having problems with the Hickman Catheter that was inserted into my heart on the 19th of April. If you remember, this was the surgery that was so painful, where I was wide awake when I was supposed to be asleep. The surgeon and I had words the next day. He said a few smart remarks and I said a few smart remarks and he left the room. > Well, this thing has never stopped bleeding. I am on Coumadin and everything is bleeding. My nose particularly. I am tested every week and meds are adjusted, but they evidently can get out of whack

between sticks. Today my stick showed that I am severely anemic. I have been so very tired. My IRN, the measure of clotting, was way too high. So, adjustments have been made. Doc put me on Ferrous Sulfate for six months. > Not only is this catheter still bleeding, there are lesions on my skin out from the site. My primary told me that I should see the surgeon about all this. I told him that I would not go back to see this creep. He said that another surgeon would not touch the original surgeons work. What is this? The brotherhood? > I called my primary later in the day and asked what I could do about the lesions. He told me to get Betadine and clean them twice a day. Bloodwork showed no actual infection going on, so this is what I will do. > I am just astounded that in order to ever get anything done to or about this stupid catheter will

have to involve that inept doc. I am going to look into that. Good grief!> Sometimes I wish I had never started all this complicated mess. I am getting so tired of all the hospital time and labs and doctor visits. I am thankful for prayers answered. Think I am just so beaten up right now. > O.K., enough of being angry.....back to pouting!> Hugs, Joyce D.> > Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 > Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 > .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16> > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________> Be a better friend, newshound, and > know-it-all with

Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile. yahoo.com/ ;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR 8HDtDypao8Wcj9tA cJ>