RemedySpot.com

More problems

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I am having problems with the Hickman Catheter that was inserted into my heart on the 19th of April. If you remember, this was the surgery that was so painful, where I was wide awake when I was supposed to be asleep. The surgeon and I had words the next day. He said a few smart remarks and I said a few smart remarks and he left the room.

Well, this thing has never stopped bleeding. I am on Coumadin and everything is bleeding. My nose particularly. I am tested every week and meds are adjusted, but they evidently can get out of whack between sticks. Today my stick showed that I am severely anemic. I have been so very tired. My IRN, the measure of clotting, was way too high. So, adjustments have been made. Doc put me on Ferrous Sulfate for six months.

Not only is this catheter still bleeding, there are lesions on my skin out from the site. My primary told me that I should see the surgeon about all this. I told him that I would not go back to see this creep. He said that another surgeon would not touch the original surgeons work. What is this? The brotherhood?

I called my primary later in the day and asked what I could do about the lesions. He told me to get Betadine and clean them twice a day. Bloodwork showed no actual infection going on, so this is what I will do.

I am just astounded that in order to ever get anything done to or about this stupid catheter will have to involve that inept doc. I am going to look into that. Good grief!

Sometimes I wish I had never started all this complicated mess. I am getting so tired of all the hospital time and labs and doctor visits. I am thankful for prayers answered. Think I am just so beaten up right now.

O.K., enough of being angry.....back to pouting!

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16