RemedySpot.com

Re: Social Security/Insurance

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi My name is Carol Sue IPF/March 2007 I got my SS the first time around. I find out it depends on where you live. Sometimes the SS can denie you a couple of times, they do that oping you will just forget about it. I am told if you call somebody al the caring voice colation that they have somebody that can help. I don't have the phone number but Leanne does. Also there is a lawyer in Chicago that does it for you to. They are call Binder and Binder, they work all over. But they to get it done for free. Get in touch with Leanne for the number, the caring voice coliation they have alot of real nice people working there for people who have our problems. I hope this helps thanks Carol Sue IPF 03/07JOE & JOANIE LAMENSKIE wrote: To all for advice, On Friday Joanie and I had a Lifr insurance woman come to the house because we had to get a home equity loan to pay our income tax and some bills. I told her on the phone I had IPF and she said no problem. When she came and I explained I was using oxygen her attitude went to pot, and she only had 1 company that would insure me for anything and the rate as you would guess was all of my children, grandchildren, house, car and would not pay if I died

within 2 years. Then Friday afternoon the mail came and the Social security office denied my claim and stated I could work my job and any job similar. I believe someone stated a few weeks ago that there was a lawyer married to someone with IPF who would assist anyone with problems getting SSI disability. Could someone e-mail the info if possible. I told Joanie if this was several weeks ago when I was taking all of the prednisone I would have gone postal and visited the SSI office cleaned house then let the government take care of me in the big house.     JOE/JOANIE JOE 60 IPF1/2008 GRIFFIN, GA.

Guest guest

J/J.... I wonder if u r referring to

www.caringvoice.org ? Caring Voice Coalition. I can't remember the man's name but do contact them. I am not good w/short term recall.

U 2 had 2 b so deflated and worried. Talk about hell if you do and hell if you don't.

I'm so glad we are no longer home owners. Once in awhile stories come up, like yours, and all I can do is send along a DAMNIT!

If I have any clarity at all about this damn disease it's that people with less courage than we here have, couldn't survive all of it, and who then could support and teach?

Courage guys, courage.

Love ya.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Social Security/Insurance

To all for advice,

On Friday Joanie and I had a Lifr insurance woman come to the house because we had to get a home equity loan to pay our income tax and some bills. I told her on the phone I had IPF and she said no problem. When she came and I explained I was using oxygen her attitude went to pot, and she only had 1 company that would insure me for anything and the rate as you would guess was all of my children, grandchildren, house, car and would not pay if I died within 2 years.

Then Friday afternoon the mail came and the Social security office denied my claim and stated I could work my job and any job similar. I believe someone stated a few weeks ago that there was a lawyer married to someone with IPF who would assist anyone with problems getting SSI disability. Could someone e-mail the info if possible.

I told Joanie if this was several weeks ago when I was taking all of the prednisone I would have gone postal and visited the SSI office cleaned house then let the government take care of me in the big house.

JOE/JOANIE JOE 60 IPF1/2008

GRIFFIN, GA.

Guest guest

Everyone, be aware of age: For anyone ALREADY ON SS, the same rules don't apply. I can't apply for disability or SSI because I'm already on SS. One program only......and apparently, no changing. It's a bummer to try and get help when it's so badly needed. There don't seem to be any answers for us either!!!

We are finally sifted down to subsidized housing (rent based on income) and have less than 1/2 the savings we had (medical bills for both of us). We have 'too much income' for any help....such as a housekeeper for instance (Rich turns 78 in June, bad heart: he can't keep doing double duty...I'm not much help). We poke along the best we can. I won't go further.

I'm not looking for any pity here but I sure understand the feeling of helplessness with combined issues of age and fatal disease.

I'm glad that those of our membership CAN get some help because of their age!!!

These are the things I advocate for seniors, on a committee! Area Attention on Aging.

God help me do some good!

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Hi My name is Carol Sue IPF/March 2007 I got my SS the first time around. I find out it depends on where you live. Sometimes the SS can denie you a couple of times, they do that oping you will just forget about it. I am told if you call somebody al the caring voice colation that they have somebody that can help. I don't have the phone number but Leanne does. Also there is a lawyer in Chicago that does it for you to. They are call Binder and Binder, they work all over. But they to get it done for free. Get in touch with Leanne for the number, the caring voice coliation they have alot of real nice people working there for people who have our problems. I hope this helps thanks Carol Sue IPF 03/07JOE & JOANIE LAMENSKIE <jjskiecomcast (DOT) net> wrote:

To all for advice,

On Friday Joanie and I had a Lifr insurance woman come to the house because we had to get a home equity loan to pay our income tax and some bills. I told her on the phone I had IPF and she said no problem. When she came and I explained I was using oxygen her attitude went to pot, and she only had 1 company that would insure me for anything and the rate as you would guess was all of my children, grandchildren, house, car and would not pay if I died within 2 years.

Then Friday afternoon the mail came and the Social security office denied my claim and stated I could work my job and any job similar. I believe someone stated a few weeks ago that there was a lawyer married to someone with IPF who would assist anyone with problems getting SSI disability. Could someone e-mail the info if possible.

I told Joanie if this was several weeks ago when I was taking all of the prednisone I would have gone postal and visited the SSI office cleaned house then let the government take care of me in the big house.

GRIFFIN, GA.

Guest guest

Hi Sher,

I looked up the web site you gave me but that is more for financial help in paying your med bills.

I know at one time I saw someone givind a ,ame of an attorney to contact.

Thanks,

GRIFFIN, GA.

-- Re: Social Security/Insurance

J/J.... I wonder if u r referring to

www.caringvoice.org ? Caring Voice Coalition. I can't remember the man's name but do contact them. I am not good w/short term recall.

U 2 had 2 b so deflated and worried. Talk about hell if you do and hell if you don't.

I'm so glad we are no longer home owners. Once in awhile stories come up, like yours, and all I can do is send along a DAMNIT!

If I have any clarity at all about this damn disease it's that people with less courage than we here have, couldn't survive all of it, and who then could support and teach?

Courage guys, courage.

Love ya.

Social Security/Insurance

To all for advice,

GRIFFIN, GA.

Guest guest

I also had long term ins. Thru Lowe's and it is Liberty Mutual. I applied in Jan. 2008 and they keep putting me off also I guess thinking I might die first then they don,t have to pay. I was told by my case worker I would have an answer by aweek ago Friday. Now when I call she is conveniently out of office and no one else seems to know what day it is or what month and even the year. Procrastination is the way of life except we had to borrow money to pay taxes. Is this the American dream?

GRIFFIN, GA.

Everyone, be aware of age: For anyone ALREADY ON SS, the same rules don't apply. I can't apply for disability or SSI because I'm already on SS. One program only......and apparently, no changing. It's a bummer to try and get help when it's so badly needed. There don't seem to be any answers for us either!!!

We are finally sifted down to subsidized housing (rent based on income) and have less than 1/2 the savings we had (medical bills for both of us). We have 'too much income' for any help....such as a housekeeper for instance (Rich turns 78 in June, bad heart: he can't keep doing double duty...I'm not much help). We poke along the best we can. I won't go further.

I'm not looking for any pity here but I sure understand the feeling of helplessness with combined issues of age and fatal disease.

I'm glad that those of our membership CAN get some help because of their age!!!

These are the things I advocate for seniors, on a committee! Area Attention on Aging.

God help me do some good!

Hi My name is Carol Sue IPF/March 2007 I got my SS the first time around. I find out it depends on where you live. Sometimes the SS can denie you a couple of times, they do that oping you will just forget about it. I am told if you call somebody al the caring voice colation that they have somebody that can help. I don't have the phone number but Leanne does. Also there is a lawyer in Chicago that does it for you to. They are call Binder and Binder, they work all over. But they to get it done for free. Get in touch with Leanne for the number, the caring voice coliation they have alot of real nice people working there for people who have our problems. I hope this helps thanks Carol Sue IPF 03/07JOE & JOANIE LAMENSKIE <jjskiecomcast (DOT) net> wrote:

To all for advice,

GRIFFIN, GA.

Guest guest

Joe....email Beth or Leanne...they know what you are talking about. I'm thinking the atty is at the Coalition site......?

Don't you just hate the run around! Especially when you and she both know that's what happening. I'd much rather someone be upfront and say they can't/won't help then this degrading way of treatment.

No, of course it's not the American Dream. Our dreams went down w/ diagnosis I guess.

Here is an awful question......but is it time to perhaps consider selling your home so your needs can be met? We hated making that decision but now that it's done, we are glad.

Have you tried to appeal the SS?

Ask for a manager to talk to Joe...request another person then the one you wait on.

Hang in there. Go for a bike ride!

To all for advice,

GRIFFIN, GA.

Guest guest

I STARTED THE APPEAL LAST NIGHT ON LINE AND GOT SO DAMN FRUSTRATED WITH THE RED TAPE, SAME REDUNDANT QUESTIONS, AND NOT ALLOWING TO CONTINUE BECAUSE YOU DID NOT ANSWER THE QUESTION THE WAY THEY WANTED. JOANIE DID IT FOR ABOUT 30 MIN THEN GOT TIRED. IT FINALLY DUMPED ME OFF AND I WENT TO BED.

GRIFFIN, GA.

Joe....email Beth or Leanne...they know what you are talking about. I'm thinking the atty is at the Coalition site......?

Don't you just hate the run around! Especially when you and she both know that's what happening. I'd much rather someone be upfront and say they can't/won't help then this degrading way of treatment.

No, of course it's not the American Dream. Our dreams went down w/ diagnosis I guess.

Here is an awful question......but is it time to perhaps consider selling your home so your needs can be met? We hated making that decision but now that it's done, we are glad.

Have you tried to appeal the SS?

Ask for a manager to talk to Joe...request another person then the one you wait on.

Hang in there. Go for a bike ride!

To all for advice,

GRIFFIN, GA.

Guest guest

Don't give up, because that is what they want you to do. Do you think they pay someone to sit there and decide how to confuse people so they will give up? K Central IlJOE & JOANIE LAMENSKIE wrote: I STARTED THE APPEAL LAST NIGHT ON LINE AND GOT SO DAMN FRUSTRATED WITH THE RED TAPE, SAME REDUNDANT QUESTIONS, AND NOT ALLOWING TO CONTINUE BECAUSE YOU DID NOT ANSWER THE QUESTION THE WAY THEY WANTED. JOANIE DID IT FOR ABOUT 30 MIN THEN GOT TIRED. IT FINALLY DUMPED ME OFF AND I WENT TO BED.     JOE/JOANIE JOE 60 IPF1/2008 GRIFFIN, GA. -------Original

Message------- From: Sher Bauman Date: 5/3/2008 12:59:59 PM To: Breathe-Support Subject: Re: Social Security/Insurance  Joe....email Beth or Leanne...they know what you are talking about. I'm thinking the atty is at the Coalition site......? Don't you just hate the run around! Especially when you and she both know that's what happening. I'd much rather someone be upfront and

say they can't/won't help then this degrading way of treatment. No, of course it's not the American Dream. Our dreams went down w/ diagnosis I guess. Here is an awful question......but is it time to perhaps consider selling your home so your needs can be met? We hated making that decision but now that it's done, we are glad. Have you tried to appeal the SS? Ask for a manager to talk to Joe...request another person then the one you wait on. Hang in there. Go for a bike ride! Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! Re: Social Security/Insurance Hi

My name is Carol Sue IPF/March 2007 I got my SS the first time around. I find out it depends on where you live. Sometimes the SS can denie you a couple of times, they do that oping you will just forget about it. I am told if you call somebody al the caring voice colation that they have somebody that can help. I don't have the phone number but Leanne does. Also there is a lawyer in Chicago that does it for you to. They are call Binder and Binder, they work all over. But they to get it done for free. Get in touch with Leanne for the number, the caring voice coliation they have alot of real nice people working there for people who have our problems. I hope this helps thanks Carol Sue IPF 03/07JOE & JOANIE LAMENSKIE <jjskiecomcast (DOT) net> wrote: To all for advice, On Friday Joanie and I had a Lifr insurance woman come to the house because we had to get a home equity loan to pay our income tax and some bills. I told her on the phone I had IPF and she said no problem. When she came and I explained I was using oxygen her attitude went to pot, and she only had 1 company that would insure me for anything and the rate as you would guess was all of my children, grandchildren, house, car and would not pay if I died within 2 years. Then Friday afternoon the mail came and the Social security office denied my claim and stated I could work my job and any job similar. I believe someone stated a few weeks ago that there was a lawyer married to someone with IPF who would assist anyone with problems getting SSI disability. Could someone e-mail

the info if possible. I told Joanie if this was several weeks ago when I was taking all of the prednisone I would have gone postal and visited the SSI office cleaned house then let the government take care of me in the big house.     JOE/JOANIE JOE 60 IPF1/2008 GRIFFIN, GA. K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Joe....I did the same thing .... on Binder and Binder........got no place. I did receive a post from them a day or so later telling me I didn't qualify because I'm already on SS.................sigh.

To all for advice,

GRIFFIN, GA.

Guest guest

Amen sister! DAMNIT! K Central IlSher Bauman wrote:  J/J.... I wonder if u r referring to www.caringvoice.org ? Caring Voice Coalition. I can't remember the man's name but do contact them. I am not good w/short term recall. U 2 had 2 b so deflated and worried. Talk about hell if you do and hell if you don't. I'm so glad we are no longer home owners. Once in awhile stories come up, like yours, and all I can do is send along a DAMNIT! If I have any clarity at all about this damn disease it's that people with less courage than we here have, couldn't survive all of it, and who then could support and teach? Courage guys, courage. Love ya. Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! Social Security/Insurance To all for advice, On Friday Joanie and I had a Lifr insurance woman come to the house because we had to get a home equity loan to pay our

income tax and some bills. I told her on the phone I had IPF and she said no problem. When she came and I explained I was using oxygen her attitude went to pot, and she only had 1 company that would insure me for anything and the rate as you would guess was all of my children, grandchildren, house, car and would not pay if I died within 2 years. Then Friday afternoon the mail came and the Social security office denied my claim and stated I could work my job and any job similar. I believe someone stated a few weeks ago that there was a lawyer married to someone with IPF who would assist anyone with problems getting SSI disability. Could someone e-mail the info if possible. I told Joanie if this was several weeks ago when I was taking all of the prednisone I would have gone postal and visited the SSI office cleaned house then let the government take care of me in the big house.     JOE/JOANIE JOE 60 IPF1/2008 GRIFFIN, GA. K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Just popped in here and saw the SSDI discussion. I believe the attorney that folks are talking about is Lynley husband . Lynley used to be with the Caring Voice Coalition. However she left there a few weeks ago and I don't know how to reach her. When Leanne checks in she may have more information on how to reach .

There are attorney's in most communities that handle disability claims. I've seen the Binder and Binder commercials also. One note of caution. It's only 'free' in the sense that there's no up front fee. But much like a personal injury case they would get a percentage of your settlement from Social Security should they win your case.

I can only encourage you to persist, persist, persist. Some states are more difficult to prevail in than others. I was fortunate and was approved first time around after only about 5 months. Make certain your doctors are on your side and are willing to fight for you. Don't give up, you paid into the system. It's your right to collect now that you need it!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

To all for advice,

GRIFFIN, GA.

Guest guest

I just turned 60 last week and never received a penny yet. I e-mailed my cousin in Ohio and asked advice as he is a medical attorney.

GRIFFIN, GA.

Joe....I did the same thing .... on Binder and Binder........got no place. I did receive a post from them a day or so later telling me I didn't qualify because I'm already on SS.................sigh.

To all for advice,

GRIFFIN, GA.

Guest guest

Thanks

GRIFFIN, GA.

Just popped in here and saw the SSDI discussion. I believe the attorney that folks are talking about is Lynley husband . Lynley used to be with the Caring Voice Coalition. However she left there a few weeks ago and I don't know how to reach her. When Leanne checks in she may have more information on how to reach .

There are attorney's in most communities that handle disability claims. I've seen the Binder and Binder commercials also. One note of caution. It's only 'free' in the sense that there's no up front fee. But much like a personal injury case they would get a percentage of your settlement from Social Security should they win your case.

I can only encourage you to persist, persist, persist. Some states are more difficult to prevail in than others. I was fortunate and was approved first time around after only about 5 months. Make certain your doctors are on your side and are willing to fight for you. Don't give up, you paid into the system. It's your right to collect now that you need it!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

To all for advice,

GRIFFIN, GA.

Guest guest

WE have no choice in what happens to our insurance . Any one that

wins the next election will mess up what we have now . BIG TIME . If

Obana or Win They will have the government run it . Ask

yourself ? It will take 14 billion dollars to count everyone In 2010

Census . If it takes that much to count us ? How much will it take to

figure out if you need a certain kind of drug ? Remember 14 Billion

with B to count us ? The government cant run gambling with out

losing money ? Or one of the houses in Nevada that the Great Governor

Of NY would visit when he was there . And they want to run Health

care . My God save our country . I go to Canada Well used to . If you

live long enough you might get what you need . If you do it does not

pay for after care . Back to the insurance company's . And McCain

wants to cut the tax break they give companies that supply it . That

means we all pick up the tab for Exxon Mobil the auto companies any

company that pays for it now Wall Mart Lowe's You name it . Ware

does this money come from ???? Us the poor working stiff that is out

of a job because some illegal Mexican is doing a job we don't want to

do . Like Dry wall Concrete construction , Soon to be trucking Its

not only apple picking and and farms anymore . Most of the people

working on our streets last summer were Mexican . Don't get me wrong

I have nothing against Mexicans . But when you are here illegal it is

easy to be taken advantage of . Remember NAFTA the reason they are

all coming here is all there jobs we sent them went to China . I

talk to them about this I travel or used to and get a different

outlook on things than the guy that drives to work 20 miles every

day . You just know what the news tells you or what you read . They

are a lot like us . Like people all over the world . Want to work

have a little fun . Maybe have a few beers on the weekend . We have

to remember we are all in this together . Whites Blacks Mexicans all

the poor people that do the real work . The Government our Government

promotes Racism . Look at a land State Application . After saying

we don't discriminate . The next page is are you Whit Black Asian

Indian ? If it does not make a difference why they asking ?? Male

Female . Who cares . Do you qualify is all they should be asking . We

can be color blind Like a child . My 4 yr old grand son plays with 10

yr old's . He does not see color or age he just see fun . Until the

Government gives a black kid or Asian or female his job because they

do not have enough of that race or gender to fill the job . I don't

think he will have to worry about it because all the Mexicans will

have all the jobs soon . Unless they wake up to and realise how our

Government is using them to .We are Bitching about this and no one is

listing . Arresting people that hold them Like our Military men and

women . When the War already . Stop messing with these people . We

are still the most powerful Country in the world . the only way to

lose if for our Government to be not willing to win . Don't shoot at

that Moske I you shoot at me from the Vatican I am shooting back . An

not with my M16 . No more Vatican Know what I mean . This is still

America . The only problem is we the people lost it . I do not want

any thing for free . Nether does Joe and Jonie . But God they worked

for it . You can get a SSI lawyer any ware . Don't mess with them One

refusal get one . From Walt Hoping I pass all my test so I can get a

transplant PS My goodness and only one dose of steroids ? And wile I

was wrighting this ? Sorry

Guest guest

MB...Hi! good to hear from you.........be safe and thanks for your reply. Boy oh boy, the board feels 'empty' w/o all the regulars.

To all for advice,

GRIFFIN, GA.