RemedySpot.com

Re: JOE/ APPEAL

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hey Joe.........for 20 years I assisted mentally ill clients in receiving their either SSDI or SSI. Believe me, I understand your frustration. The most effective thing you can do is to appeal. I know it's a pain but in the end it is worth it. I have forgotten the numbers but .....the number of claims granted on appeal is a very high percentage....like 80%. These are claims that were originally denied. Someone else said it here............they deny hoping we'll go away..........And you can switch from Social Security retirement to disability. I have just done it. I retired in Feb. I got my first retirement check (for March) in April. I applied for disability in March and it's been granted already. We are very lucky in that Alaska's Social Security folks are very helpful. In 20 years we never used an attorney for appeals. Ya gotta appeal, Joe.....good luck.!! jimJOE & JOANIE LAMENSKIE

wrote: To all for advice, On Friday Joanie and I had a Lifr insurance woman come to the house because we had to get a home equity loan to pay our income tax and some bills. I told her on the phone I had IPF and she said no problem. When she came and I explained I was using oxygen her attitude

went to pot, and she only had 1 company that would insure me for anything and the rate as you would guess was all of my children, grandchildren, house, car and would not pay if I died within 2 years. Then Friday afternoon the mail came and the Social security office denied my claim and stated I could work my job and any job similar. I believe someone stated a few weeks ago that there was a lawyer married to someone with IPF who would assist anyone with problems getting SSI disability. Could someone e-mail the info if possible. I told Joanie if this was several weeks ago when I was taking all of the prednisone I would have gone postal and visited the SSI office cleaned house then let the government take care of me in the big house.     JOE/JOANIE JOE 60 IPF1/2008 GRIFFIN, GA.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

SHER---HOPE YOU SEE THIS POST BELOW FROM JAMES WALLMAN, SOUNDS TOTALLY OPPOSITE OF WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU...PERHAPS YOU SHOULD TRY AGAIN...

JOE/JOANIE JOE 60 IPF1/2008

GRIFFIN, GA.

-- Re: JOE/ APPEAL

Hey Joe.........for 20 years I assisted mentally ill clients in receiving their either SSDI or SSI. Believe me, I understand your frustration. The most effective thing you can do is to appeal. I know it's a pain but in the end it is worth it. I have forgotten the numbers but .....the number of claims granted on appeal is a very high percentage....like 80%. These are claims that were originally denied. Someone else said it here............they deny hoping we'll go away..........And you can switch from Social Security retirement to disability. I have just done it. I retired in Feb. I got my first retirement check (for March) in April. I applied for disability in March and it's been granted already. We are very lucky in that Alaska's Social Security folks are very helpful. In 20 years we never used an attorney for appeals. Ya gotta appeal, Joe.....good luck.!!

jimJOE & JOANIE LAMENSKIE <jjskiecomcast (DOT) net> wrote:

To all for advice,

On Friday Joanie and I had a Lifr insurance woman come to the house because we had to get a home equity loan to pay our income tax and some bills. I told her on the phone I had IPF and she said no problem. When she came and I explained I was using oxygen her attitude went to pot, and she only had 1 company that would insure me for anything and the rate as you would guess was all of my children, grandchildren, house, car and would not pay if I died within 2 years.

Then Friday afternoon the mail came and the Social security office denied my claim and stated I could work my job and any job similar. I believe someone stated a few weeks ago that there was a lawyer married to someone with IPF who would assist anyone with problems getting SSI disability. Could someone e-mail the info if possible.

I told Joanie if this was several weeks ago when I was taking all of the prednisone I would have gone postal and visited the SSI office cleaned house then let the government take care of me in the big house.

GRIFFIN, GA.

Guest guest

Joe....YES! I did see it and plan on calling SS Monday morning! As for me, it seemed like a closed door. Thanks for your reminder too.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Hey Joe.........for 20 years I assisted mentally ill clients in receiving their either SSDI or SSI. Believe me, I understand your frustration. The most effective thing you can do is to appeal. I know it's a pain but in the end it is worth it. I have forgotten the numbers but .....the number of claims granted on appeal is a very high percentage....like 80%. These are claims that were originally denied. Someone else said it here............they deny hoping we'll go away..........And you can switch from Social Security retirement to disability. I have just done it. I retired in Feb. I got my first retirement check (for March) in April. I applied for disability in March and it's been granted already. We are very lucky in that Alaska's Social Security folks are very helpful. In 20 years we never used an attorney for appeals. Ya gotta appeal, Joe.....good luck.!!

To all for advice,

On Friday Joanie and I had a Lifr insurance woman come to the house because we had to get a home equity loan to pay our income tax and some bills. I told her on the phone I had IPF and she said no problem. When she came and I explained I was using oxygen her attitude went to pot, and she only had 1 company that would insure me for anything and the rate as you would guess was all of my children, grandchildren, house, car and would not pay if I died within 2 years.

Then Friday afternoon the mail came and the Social security office denied my claim and stated I could work my job and any job similar. I believe someone stated a few weeks ago that there was a lawyer married to someone with IPF who would assist anyone with problems getting SSI disability. Could someone e-mail the info if possible.

I told Joanie if this was several weeks ago when I was taking all of the prednisone I would have gone postal and visited the SSI office cleaned house then let the government take care of me in the big house.

GRIFFIN, GA.

Guest guest

Sorry Folks......I should have been more clear. While there are hard and fast rules and regulations at S.S. I found over the years that mostly it was a crap shoot, luck of the draw, whoever answers the phone. Our nearest office is in Anc so my contact was always on the phone. I call the 800# and never know who will answer....there are regional offices... .sometimes I'd get San Fran, next time Memphis, next time Baltimore, etc. These are government employees and the stereotypes apply. As you well know, there is a huge difference between an employee "doing their job", and an employee that provides a service. However, there are also people that know their jobs and realize that they work for us. I found that if I got a jerk or if I got an answer that didn't work, I'd simply hang up and call back and get someone different. Bingo....different answer. I'm not kidding, I did this over 20 years. In the end I started believing that I was "handling them". When

I began preparing to retire I really dreaded contacting the Anchorage office. Yet, from the very first call they were too cool. Had a lady say to me that she understood that I'd been working my whole life and she was going to help me make this transition as easy as possible. Damn near fell out of my chair.......and that is the way it's been every since. She told me in that original phone call that I could file for retirement and once I was no longer working, could apply for disability. I just knew she was wrong........but here I am.....disability checks start next month. You must persist. For the most part you are smarter than they are.....use that, but don't let them know that. Persist, persist, persist. I have a temper and I can't tell you how many times I had these conversations in my head where I really told them off........in truth, it's true......you get more flys with honey than with vinegar. YOU ARE DISABLED......and perhaps I'm naive but I believe that in the end

it works out. Good luck to you, jim Sher Bauman wrote:  Joe....YES! I did see it and plan on calling SS Monday morning! As for me, it seemed like a closed door. Thanks for your reminder too. Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! Re: JOE/ APPEAL Hey Joe.........for 20 years I assisted mentally ill clients in receiving their either SSDI or SSI. Believe me, I understand your frustration. The most effective thing you can do is to appeal. I know it's a pain but in the end it is worth it. I have forgotten the numbers but .....the number of claims granted on appeal is a very high percentage....like 80%. These are claims that were originally denied. Someone else said it here............they deny hoping we'll go away..........And you can switch from Social Security retirement to disability. I have just done it. I retired in Feb. I got my first retirement check (for March) in April. I applied for disability in March and it's been granted already. We are very lucky in that Alaska's Social Security folks are very helpful. In 20 years we never used an attorney for appeals. Ya gotta appeal, Joe.....good luck.!! jimJOE & JOANIE LAMENSKIE <jjskiecomcast (DOT) net> wrote: To all for advice, On Friday Joanie and I had a Lifr insurance woman come to the house because we had to get a home equity loan to pay our income tax and some bills. I told her on the phone I had IPF and she said no problem. When she came and I explained I was using oxygen her attitude went to pot, and she only had 1 company that would insure me for anything and the rate as you would guess was all of my children, grandchildren, house, car and would not pay if I died within 2 years. Then Friday afternoon the mail came and the Social security office

denied my claim and stated I could work my job and any job similar. I believe someone stated a few weeks ago that there was a lawyer married to someone with IPF who would assist anyone with problems getting SSI disability. Could someone e-mail the info if possible. I told Joanie if this was several weeks ago when I was taking all of the prednisone I would have gone postal and visited the SSI office cleaned house then let the government take care of me in the big house.     JOE/JOANIE JOE 60 IPF1/2008 GRIFFIN, GA. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Jim...I get what you say and I will be persistent........more persistent. I thought I was the first time but it's hard to break down a "NO BENEFITS" door. I'll knock again and again as you suggest. Yes, I can be assertive, sometimes aggressive too but I'm also a honey keeper as well! lol.

Thanks so much for your much needed experience. I really need the benefit as we all do but in this case I did have the opinion, "Ya can't fight City Hall"....

Hugs to you for a good deed done.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

To all for advice,

GRIFFIN, GA.

Guest guest

Jim/Sher,

I already sent my appeal to SSI. I know from some others it is a fight and we must do it. If I was closer to being terminal you would see me take 100 mg. Prednisone for 1 week then take my arsenal to the local office, go postal, and let the Fed. Pen take care of me and cost them a hundred times what it would cost just to give people what they deserve. I bet if I was a foreign decent I would have it already!!!!!!!

GRIFFIN, GA.

-- Re: JOE/ APPEAL

Jim...I get what you say and I will be persistent........more persistent. I thought I was the first time but it's hard to break down a "NO BENEFITS" door. I'll knock again and again as you suggest. Yes, I can be assertive, sometimes aggressive too but I'm also a honey keeper as well! lol.

Thanks so much for your much needed experience. I really need the benefit as we all do but in this case I did have the opinion, "Ya can't fight City Hall"....

Hugs to you for a good deed done.

To all for advice,

GRIFFIN, GA.

Guest guest

Joe...I hear you friend. I 'hear' the frustration and anger. You are right, others get what we can't seem to get....

Keep trying....Jim's advise sounds good to me....I will keep trying too.

To all for advice,

GRIFFIN, GA.