RemedySpot.com

Re: Re:Caro/ Hello

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thanks Kathie!! I really needed that!! It has been tough but I am trying to hang. The problem I am having right now is the meds they have me on are making me terribly constipated. Gross, I know. But I am miserable!! I even tried laxative last night which usually works the next morning and still nothing. I am so bloated I look like I am about 5 months pregnant!! I have irritable bowel syndrome anyway, so usually go back and forth between constipation and diarrhea. Would much rather have the diarrhea, let me tell you!! I don't know which med is doing it though. I am currently on Advair Diskus 250/50 twice a day, prednisone 30 mg once a day, Prevacid 30 mg once a day, Cymbalta 60 mg once a day, OsCal D twice a day, Imuran 50 mg twice a day, Singulair 10 mg once a day, and Lorcet Plus as needed for pain.

Seems like I am leaving something out!! LOL!! I do take Maxalt and Imitrex for migraines as needed, but haven't taken that in awhile, so I know that knocks out those two. Has really gotten worse over the last month or so. I have only been on the prednisone and Imuran for about 6 weeks, and the Cymbalta and Prevacid were just started about 4 weeks ago. I have taken Prevacid before and didn't have this problem, so I don't think that is it. I have taken prednisone before, also, but in much smaller doses. Sad when the highlight of your day could be making a bathroom trip!! I hope I am not grossing anybody out here!! Didn't mean to. Just really frustrated cuz my tummy is hurting so bad. Has been a week already.

Has this happened to anyone else with any of these meds? Just curious. Hope you all have a good night.

Caro

CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi

Subject: Re:Caro/ HelloTo: Breathe-Support Date: Saturday, May 3, 2008, 6:16 PM

Caro,I'm sorry to hear of the losses to your family.Well, let's see...is "not any better" the same as stable? If so, yay! I think you are so right never say never! And better quality of life is better, way better! I have had some treatments that might have made me "better" in my doc's eyes but decreased my quality of life so much that I quit. Your doc may be good but sounds like maybe he could have a little better bedside manner. Walking a mile a day?!!! Good for you and don't be discouraged about your total gym, you are way too hard on yourself. Try 5 minutes. It sounds to me like you are doing everything right. Dropping down your pred will help with the weight and you are absolutely right, 3 lbs is not bad!! I tell the techs in the lab that I'm there for my monthly bloodletting. Sounds to me like you are doing GREAT! Hope you are enjoying the weekend. Extra hugs for you, CaroKathie WAnsip

'96.etc>> Good morning all!! I have had a heck of a week!! My uncle died on > Monday. He was in his 80s and had suffered from a long illness. Was > still a blow to deal with, as we just buried my Grandpa who was 93 a > month ago.> > Yesterday, I went to pulmo doc. He said the medicine is not making > me any better. Then he said he wants me to go to pulmonary rehab to > learn a "better quality of life, even though I will never get > better." (His exact words.) Well, I am thinking, never say NEVER!! > Needless to say, I was really depressed when I left there. He wants > me to try Mucomyst. He said I can get it over the counter. My > appointment in Birmingham is in 6 weeks and I have to go

back and see > pulmo in 8 weeks. He also said when I come back, he wants me to taper > down the prednisone to 20 mg a day instead of 30 mg on June 1. They > drew blood yesterday and I got a B12 injection. I have gotten where > whenever I go in, I just stick my arm out and turn my head. LOL!! He > did tell me that I was doing good with my walking up to a mile a day > and to keep at it if I can. I am really trying here. My Total Gym > got here on Monday and I used in Tuesday for 15 minutes and was > coughing so bad I thought I was gonna die!! Guess I will have to > take it slower. I would hate to think I bought the thing for > nothing!! Also, I had gained another pound yesterday. That makes 3 > pounds since I started the prednisone, which is not a lot, but on a > 4'11" body, 135 pounds is a lot!!> > Well, thanks all for letting me vent this morning!! You are

the only > people who actually understand when I don't feel good!! Sometimes I > feel like I am just a complainer and I don't mean to be. It's just > that my family members really don't understand how bad I feel because > they haven't been there. They do try, don't get me wrong, but it's > just not the same as talking with people who actually KNOW how you > feel. Does that make sense?> > I hope you all have a wonderful day. It is sunny out here and I > think I am going to get out and walk a little extra today. Maybe the > fresh air will do me good.> > Caro>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Caro....pain meds are typically the culprit for constipation....not that it couldn't be something else or a combo. I use Senokot, 2 at night....up to 6 nightly are safe. I have horror stories about this problem but finally the Senokot seems to be the answer. Try it. Quick. lol.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re:Caro/ HelloTo: Breathe-Support Date: Saturday, May 3, 2008, 6:16 PM

Caro,I'm sorry to hear of the losses to your family.Well, let's see...is "not any better" the same as stable? If so, yay! I think you are so right never say never! And better quality of life is better, way better! I have had some treatments that might have made me "better" in my doc's eyes but decreased my quality of life so much that I quit. Your doc may be good but sounds like maybe he could have a little better bedside manner. Walking a mile a day?!!! Good for you and don't be discouraged about your total gym, you are way too hard on yourself. Try 5 minutes. It sounds to me like you are doing everything right. Dropping down your pred will help with the weight and you are absolutely right, 3 lbs is not bad!! I tell the techs in the lab that I'm there for my monthly bloodletting. Sounds to me like you are doing GREAT! Hope you are enjoying the weekend. Extra hugs for you, CaroKathie WAnsip '96.etc>> Good morning all!! I have had a heck of a week!! My uncle died on > Monday. He was in his 80s and had suffered from a long illness. Was > still a blow to deal with, as we just buried my Grandpa who was 93 a > month ago.> > Yesterday, I went to pulmo doc. He said the medicine is not making > me any better. Then he said he wants me to go to pulmonary rehab to > learn a "better quality of life, even though I will never get > better." (His exact words.) Well, I am thinking, never say NEVER!! > Needless to say, I was really depressed when I left there. He wants > me to try Mucomyst. He said I can get it over the counter. My > appointment in Birmingham is in 6 weeks and I have to go back and see > pulmo in 8 weeks. He also said when I come back, he wants me to taper > down the prednisone to 20 mg a day instead of 30 mg on June 1. They > drew blood yesterday and I got a B12 injection. I have gotten where > whenever I go in, I just stick my arm out and turn my head. LOL!! He > did tell me that I was doing good with my walking up to a mile a day > and to keep at it if I can. I am really trying here. My Total Gym > got here on Monday and I used in Tuesday for 15 minutes and was > coughing so bad I thought I was gonna die!! Guess I will have to > take it slower. I would hate to think I bought the thing for > nothing!! Also, I had gained another pound yesterday. That makes 3 > pounds since I started the prednisone, which is not a lot, but on a > 4'11" body, 135 pounds is a lot!!> > Well, thanks all for letting me vent this morning!! You are the only > people who actually understand when I don't feel good!! Sometimes I > feel like I am just a complainer and I don't mean to be. It's just > that my family members really don't understand how bad I feel because > they haven't been there. They do try, don't get me wrong, but it's > just not the same as talking with people who actually KNOW how you > feel. Does that make sense?> > I hope you all have a wonderful day. It is sunny out here and I > think I am going to get out and walk a little extra today. Maybe the > fresh air will do me good.> > Caro>

Guest guest

I do take OsCal with D, and I just started that about a month or so ago, too. Actually I did finally cave last night (all night actually), so now I am exhausted from no sleep in the bathroom all night, but hey, no tummy ache. The sacrifice was worth it!!CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi

Subject: Re:Caro/ HelloTo: Breathe-Support Date: Sunday, May 4, 2008, 4:42 AM

Caro,

Do you take multivitimans with iron in them? That is sometimes the culprit.

No, not a good subject! I just started taking Ferrous Sulfate 325mg 3X Day and am looking forward to some interesting adventures or should I say non adventures. I have been eating applesauce.. ..someone told me that was a good thing.

None of the meds you named should be causing it....but with irritable bowel, it could be anything. I hope all systems are go....really soon.

I agree this is not a good subject, but part of life. My dignity went out the window a long time ago.

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16

Guest guest

Sher,

I will try that. Definitely better than what I have been doing!! Thanks a bunch!!CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi

From: Kathie <goplen2xaol (DOT) com>Subject: Re:Caro/ HelloTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Saturday, May 3, 2008, 6:16 PM

Caro,I'm sorry to hear of the losses to your family.Well, let's see...is "not any better" the same as stable? If so, yay! I think you are so right never say never! And better quality of life is better, way better! I have had some treatments that might have made me "better" in my doc's eyes but decreased my quality of life so much that I quit. Your doc may be good but sounds like maybe he could have a little better bedside manner. Walking a mile a day?!!! Good for you and don't be discouraged about your total gym, you are way too hard on yourself. Try 5 minutes. It sounds to me like you are doing everything right. Dropping down your pred will help with the weight and you are absolutely right, 3 lbs is not bad!! I tell the techs in the lab that I'm there for my monthly bloodletting. Sounds to me like you are doing GREAT! Hope you are enjoying the weekend. Extra hugs for you, CaroKathie WAnsip

'96.etc>> Good morning all!! I have had a heck of a week!! My uncle died on > Monday. He was in his 80s and had suffered from a long illness. Was > still a blow to deal with, as we just buried my Grandpa who was 93 a > month ago.> > Yesterday, I went to pulmo doc. He said the medicine is not making > me any better. Then he said he wants me to go to pulmonary rehab to > learn a "better quality of life, even though I will never get > better." (His exact words.) Well, I am thinking, never say NEVER!! > Needless to say, I was really depressed when I left there. He wants > me to try Mucomyst. He said I can get it over the counter. My > appointment in Birmingham is in 6 weeks and I have to go

back and see > pulmo in 8 weeks. He also said when I come back, he wants me to taper > down the prednisone to 20 mg a day instead of 30 mg on June 1. They > drew blood yesterday and I got a B12 injection. I have gotten where > whenever I go in, I just stick my arm out and turn my head. LOL!! He > did tell me that I was doing good with my walking up to a mile a day > and to keep at it if I can. I am really trying here. My Total Gym > got here on Monday and I used in Tuesday for 15 minutes and was > coughing so bad I thought I was gonna die!! Guess I will have to > take it slower. I would hate to think I bought the thing for > nothing!! Also, I had gained another pound yesterday. That makes 3 > pounds since I started the prednisone, which is not a lot, but on a > 4'11" body, 135 pounds is a lot!!> > Well, thanks all for letting me vent this morning!! You are

the only > people who actually understand when I don't feel good!! Sometimes I > feel like I am just a complainer and I don't mean to be. It's just > that my family members really don't understand how bad I feel because > they haven't been there. They do try, don't get me wrong, but it's > just not the same as talking with people who actually KNOW how you > feel. Does that make sense?> > I hope you all have a wonderful day. It is sunny out here and I > think I am going to get out and walk a little extra today. Maybe the > fresh air will do me good.> > Caro>