RemedySpot.com

Re: Sher/BOA/ lou

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Sher, Well, he wasn't carrying around "that" big of a bag in my estimation. His problem is that he isn't use to carrying around a purse and anything is too big. lol However, he does like the little liquid O2 container. It is small and he doesn't have to wear it around his shoulder or back. When he mows (could that be increasing his cough?) the thing around the back doesn't work well. However, the liquid O2 doesn't hold O2 over time. It seeps out when he is finished wearing it. Struggling to figure out what works. Last night he was a mess. It was so hard for him to get to bed he was so weak. It scared us to death so I just sat on his bed until he went to sleep talking about our childhoods. Anything to get his mind off what is going on. This morning he is a little better. I kind of think he might be struggling with what

lou was struggling with yesterday and I was hoping I might still have the messages in the deleted file, but I don't . His O2 was 90 when he left the bedroom this morning (he had the O2 on) and by the time he was in the kitchen it was 85. I told him about lou and that we might have to consider moving it up a notch. He is suppose to be on 2 to sleep but 3 during exercise. It just always stays on 2 unless he takes a shower. Maybe lou will read this and answer me what she finally did. That is what is so wonderful about this board, there is always someone who has walked down that path. I'm assuming that we will need to call pulmo tomorrow. Maybe the rehab director will be able to shed some light. Does this make sense Sher? K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

I have been experiencing fluxuations in my O2 needs also. I have choosen to use my trusty oximeter and concentrator to try and resolve the problem. I adjust the flow by .5 to 1 liter at a time while measuring my blood oxygen level. It is important to keep the oxygen level up in the body as you know to prevent further damage to the old body. The heart rate has an effect also as the faster it beats the lower your blood oxygen level will go since the blood is flowing thru the lungs faster. That is a good reason to monitor the anxiety level. That probably causes me more trouble than anything and I suspect it does Don also.

I know this does not help with the problem at hand but I just want you to know that you are not alone in there experiences. Why doesn't Don turn up the O2 when moving around? I have one level when driving in the car - 1.5 to 2 liters, one level when sitting around the house and doing light chores - 3 to 3.5, and one level for climbing stairs - 4.5 liters. Based on the oximeter I have these flows keep my O2 level above 90 most of the time. A little like spreading fertilizer in the field based on the need in the area not a constant for the whole field. Saves and at the same time maximizes return.

I would be interested in how Don likes the liquid O2 verses the tank he had when we met. I am looking for a better solution to my problem of needing O2 when I am out and about walking or shopping or whatever. How long does a tank last? How much flow will it provide? How hard is it to refill?

Thank you .

Fay

IPF 06/06 IL

Hi Sher,

Well, he wasn't carrying around "that" big of a bag in my estimation. His problem is that he isn't use to carrying around a purse and anything is too big. lol However, he does like the little liquid O2 container. It is small and he doesn't have to wear it around his shoulder or back. When he mows (could that be increasing his cough?) the thing around the back doesn't work well. However, the liquid O2 doesn't hold O2 over time. It seeps out when he is finished wearing it. Struggling to figure out what works.

Last night he was a mess. It was so hard for him to get to bed he was so weak. It scared us to death so I just sat on his bed until he went to sleep talking about our childhoods. Anything to get his mind off what is going on. This morning he is a little better.

I kind of think he might be struggling with what lou was struggling with yesterday and I was hoping I might still have the messages in the deleted file, but I don't . His O2 was 90 when he left the bedroom this morning (he had the O2 on) and by the time he was in the kitchen it was 85. I told him about lou and that we might have to consider moving it up a notch. He is suppose to be on 2 to sleep but 3 during exercise. It just always stays on 2 unless he takes a shower. Maybe lou will read this and answer me what she finally did.

That is what is so wonderful about this board, there is always someone who has walked down that path. I'm assuming that we will need to call pulmo tomorrow. Maybe the rehab director will be able to shed some light.

Does this make sense Sher?

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

Guest guest

K....Don uses liquid. I don't, so what I wrote may not 'fit' his situation and surely the liquid is too small for a back bag type of thing that I am familiar with. I'm sure a case came w/his O2....is it the case he doesn't like??

Yes, I far as I know, liquid does evaporate. Does Don like the liquid or is he wanting to change?

It's kinda hard to second guess Don when it's translated through what you think.....

Was he weak last night because he couldn't breathe? Did you try turning up the O2 a bit???

"You think he might be struggling with SATS dropping"......what does he say he is struggling with? Breathing, pain, fear?????

Whenever there are significant changes in Don, you bet....call someone. But you need to be specific w/drs unless he is the one who talks to them. Is he?? Otherwise the dr will only hear your take on it, as I do sometimes. Since he is in rehab, talk to his RT as well if the dr can't be reached. His RT is familiar with him in particular and they have good knowledge in general.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Hi Sher,

Well, he wasn't carrying around "that" big of a bag in my estimation. His problem is that he isn't use to carrying around a purse and anything is too big. lol However, he does like the little liquid O2 container. It is small and he doesn't have to wear it around his shoulder or back. When he mows (could that be increasing his cough?) the thing around the back doesn't work well. However, the liquid O2 doesn't hold O2 over time. It seeps out when he is finished wearing it. Struggling to figure out what works.

Last night he was a mess. It was so hard for him to get to bed he was so weak. It scared us to death so I just sat on his bed until he went to sleep talking about our childhoods. Anything to get his mind off what is going on. This morning he is a little better.

I kind of think he might be struggling with what lou was struggling with yesterday and I was hoping I might still have the messages in the deleted file, but I don't . His O2 was 90 when he left the bedroom this morning (he had the O2 on) and by the time he was in the kitchen it was 85. I told him about lou and that we might have to consider moving it up a notch. He is suppose to be on 2 to sleep but 3 during exercise. It just always stays on 2 unless he takes a shower. Maybe lou will read this and answer me what she finally did.

That is what is so wonderful about this board, there is always someone who has walked down that path. I'm assuming that we will need to call pulmo tomorrow. Maybe the rehab director will be able to shed some light.

Does this make sense Sher?

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord