RemedySpot.com

Re: OK, THEY SWITCHED ME TO LIQ. OXY. TODAY

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Don love the liquid O2. The portable is much easier to handle than the big tank. It is easy to fill, but it freezes after the fill and no O2 comes out. We blow on it for several minutes and it thaws pretty quickly. It lasts much longer than the compressed air. He used the liquid yesterday after from about 2:00 until 8:45. Now understand he had it on 2 when he was sitting and 3 when he was walking. I seem to remember that they have a bigger portable which allows for a higher flow. Ask about that when they come. He still uses the oxengenator at home, and be are going to have to be increasing the the flow. I feel great. I've been able to help someone else. I know someone would have jumped in here but I knew about that. That is a switch from the leach that I have become. K Illinos Lou

wrote: MY pulmo called me back immediately this morning and is arranging for me to go on liquid oxy starting tomorrow. They are getting all the info faxed to the proper places and insuring that the insurance companies are complying with their requests.My pulmo said the liq. oxy. is more flexible and it will do me better. The travel concentrator part that goes on top of the oxy. canisters only goes up to #4 continuous, which this week is not enough for me. The pulmo and I discussed at length

this morning about my situation and since he is leaving Wed for "out of this country" til after Mem. day, it is ok for me to go to #5. I will keep the concentrator until he gets back as it is on #5 now so that is good for a bit yet.The Home Medical Co. is going to be the new provider of my supplies and such. Interesting to see what the liq oxy is all about. I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THAT AT ALL, ANY SUGGESTIONS????love, mlp K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my

house, we will serve the Lord 14

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

MLP/

Some like liquid, some don't. I'm on liquid and I think its fair to say I had the easiest to carry portable in San , but, of course I couldn't have flown with it. I never have freezes anymore. It takes the right method and practice. The detailed manuals are on line at http://www.puritanbennett.com/prod/List.aspx?S1=OXY assuming you get Helios or Companion systems. Caire also has their manual on lines for Spirit, Sprint, and Stroller. The manuals do have detailed instructions that may give you pointers the supplier failed to or you forgot.

Liquid has its advantages and disadvantages. I love it. Some others do. Some have tried it and hated it. Just give it a good shot and see how it works for you. The reservoir at home does save you considerable on electricity over a concentrator.

> MY pulmo called me back immediately this morning and is arranging for > me to go on liquid oxy starting tomorrow. They are getting all the > info faxed to the proper places and insuring that the insurance > companies are complying with their requests.> > My pulmo said the liq. oxy. is more flexible and it will do me better. > The travel concentrator part that goes on top of the oxy. canisters > only goes up to #4 continuous, which this week is not enough for me. > The pulmo and I discussed at length this morning about my situation and > since he is leaving Wed for "out of this country" til after Mem. day, > it is ok for me to go to #5. I will keep the concentrator until he > gets back as it is on #5 now so that is good for a bit yet.> > The Home Medical Co. is going to be the new provider of my > supplies and such. Interesting to see what the liq oxy is all about. > I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THAT AT ALL, ANY SUGGESTIONS????> love, mlp> > > > > > > K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> 14> > > ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.>

Guest guest

Bruce, I have a question for you! On the care givers side a lady's husband filled out his SS disability papers and they asked if his disease was terminal. He marked yes. The nurse told her that isn't correct - that it isn't always terminal and that he was going to have to change it. What do you think? I said I thought it was pretty much terminal but just the time for each is different. Also, what was the website for the oxymeter? I can't find it and the rehab would like to have the website to give patients. Thanks K IllinoisBruce Moreland wrote: MLP/ Some like liquid, some don't. I'm on liquid and I think its fair to say I had the easiest to carry portable in San , but, of course I couldn't have flown with it. I never have freezes anymore. It takes the right method and practice. The detailed manuals are on line at http://www.puritanbennett.com/prod/List.aspx?S1=OXY assuming you get Helios or Companion systems. Caire also has their manual on lines for Spirit, Sprint, and Stroller. The manuals do have detailed instructions that may give you pointers the supplier failed to or you forgot. Liquid has its advantages and disadvantages. I love it. Some others do. Some have tried it and hated it. Just

give it a good shot and see how it works for you. The reservoir at home does save you considerable on electricity over a concentrator. > MY pulmo called me back immediately this morning and is arranging for > me to go on liquid oxy starting tomorrow. They are getting all the > info faxed to the proper places and insuring that the insurance > companies are complying with their requests.> > My pulmo said the liq. oxy. is more flexible and it will do me better. > The travel concentrator part that goes on top of the oxy. canisters > only goes up to #4 continuous, which this week is not enough for me. > The pulmo and I discussed at length this morning about my situation and > since he is leaving Wed for "out of this country" til after Mem. day, > it is ok for me to go to #5. I will keep the concentrator until he > gets back as it is on #5 now so that is good for a bit

yet.> > The Home Medical Co. is going to be the new provider of my > supplies and such. Interesting to see what the liq oxy is all about. > I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THAT AT ALL, ANY SUGGESTIONS????> love, mlp> > > > > > > K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> 14> > > ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.> K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Lou....just want to say hi and wish you good luck with the liquid. I thought I would like it too but was scared off by the problem with 'freezing'......however, now Bruce tells us there is a way to do it to avoid the freezing. I may reconsider again.

Our electric bill went up a little over $10. Not to bad, that in itself is ok but the darn cyl/bag and added "purse-stuff" to the bag are sooo heavy for my old arthritic hands! Wah Wah WAh.............

There is no GOOD way. Just the best way for each one. Wah wah wah.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

OK, THEY SWITCHED ME TO LIQ. OXY. TODAY

MY pulmo called me back immediately this morning and is arranging for me to go on liquid oxy starting tomorrow. They are getting all the info faxed to the proper places and insuring that the insurance companies are complying with their requests.My pulmo said the liq. oxy. is more flexible and it will do me better. The travel concentrator part that goes on top of the oxy. canisters only goes up to #4 continuous, which this week is not enough for me. The pulmo and I discussed at length this morning about my situation and since he is leaving Wed for "out of this country" til after Mem. day, it is ok for me to go to #5. I will keep the concentrator until he gets back as it is on #5 now so that is good for a bit yet.The Home Medical Co. is going to be the new provider of my supplies and such. Interesting to see what the liq oxy is all about. I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THAT AT ALL, ANY SUGGESTIONS????love, mlp

Guest guest

The nurse was incorrect. It is always terminal as a medical condition. Now that doesn't mean it is ultimately what you'll die from any more than it does with any disease. But just because you may live a long time with it and something else may get you first, doesn't mean it isn't terminal.

Just to make sure of my definition I looked at the National Cancer Institute definition of terminal-Disease that cannot be cured and will cause death. PF fits that definition clearly. How long it takes to cause the death is not relevant to the definition.

> > MY pulmo called me back immediately this morning and is arranging for > > me to go on liquid oxy starting tomorrow. They are getting all the > > info faxed to the proper places and insuring that the insurance > > companies are complying with their requests.> > > > My pulmo said the liq. oxy. is more flexible and it will do me better. > > The travel concentrator part that goes on top of the oxy. canisters > > only goes up to #4 continuous, which this week is not enough for me. > > The pulmo and I discussed at length this morning about my situation and > > since he is leaving Wed for "out of this country" til after Mem. day, > > it is ok for me to go to #5. I will keep the concentrator until he > > gets back as it is on #5 now so that is good for a bit yet.> > > > The Home Medical Co. is going to be the new provider of my > > supplies and such. Interesting to see what the liq oxy is all about. > > I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THAT AT ALL, ANY SUGGESTIONS????> > love, mlp> > > > > > > > > > > > > > K> > Central Il> > Hubby ipf- 2006> > As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> > 14> > > > > > ---------------------------------> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.> >> > > > > > > K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> 14> > > ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.>

Guest guest

Lou,

Make sure that they give you several of the compressed tanks for back up. I keep a few in the car "just in case" and there are several regulators that go to 10. Liquid 02 is fine, but not always reliable. It can freeze up and filling it is a trick. It lasts longer and I like that part. I like not having a concentrator because of the noise level.

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16>> MY pulmo called me back immediately this morning and is arranging for > me to go on liquid oxy starting tomorrow. They are getting all the > info faxed to the proper places and insuring that the insurance > companies are complying with their requests.> > My pulmo said the liq. oxy. is more flexible and it will do me better. > The travel concentrator part that goes on top of the oxy. canisters > only goes up to #4 continuous, which this week is not enough for me. > The pulmo and I discussed at length this morning about my situation and > since he is leaving Wed for "out of this country" til after Mem. day, > it is ok for me to go to #5. I will keep the concentrator until he > gets back as it is on #5 now so that is good for a bit yet.> > The Home Medical Co. is going to be the new provider of my > supplies and such. Interesting to see what the liq oxy is all about. > I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THAT AT ALL, ANY SUGGESTIONS????> love, mlp>

Guest guest

Joyce

Very good advice. May be a bit of a battle to get Lou but she's

right that you should insist on it.

> >

> > MY pulmo called me back immediately this morning and is arranging

for

> > me to go on liquid oxy starting tomorrow. They are getting all the

> > info faxed to the proper places and insuring that the insurance

> > companies are complying with their requests.

> >

> > My pulmo said the liq. oxy. is more flexible and it will do me

better.

> > The travel concentrator part that goes on top of the oxy. canisters

> > only goes up to #4 continuous, which this week is not enough for me.

> > The pulmo and I discussed at length this morning about my situation

> and

> > since he is leaving Wed for " out of this country " til after Mem.

day,

> > it is ok for me to go to #5. I will keep the concentrator until he

> > gets back as it is on #5 now so that is good for a bit yet.

> >

> > The Home Medical Co. is going to be the new provider of my

> > supplies and such. Interesting to see what the liq oxy is all about.

> > I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THAT AT ALL, ANY SUGGESTIONS????

> > love, mlp

> >

>

Guest guest

Bruce/Joyce.....re: liquid O2.....

I'm thinking of revisiting liquid....I'm having a tough time with my O2 bag. Not the O2.

Because of arthritis in my hands/wrists and shoulders and spine, carrying ANY weight is a bit of a burden. I've tried 2 different bags from Lincare....my own BOA but as much as I love the idea of the BoA, I don't like having to "bring it around" every time I need a 'purse item'. What do the rest of you gals do? Carry a purse in addition? That is so clumsy and adds to the weight I carry.

Anyway......back to liquid. , the driver for Lincare, poor guy, huffed that huge concentrator (is that what it's called?) up a flight of stairs to demo. I can't even remember now why I decided against it then....may have been the freezing problem.

BRUCE.... I saw a post from you (I deleted it I guess) re: the proper fill of liquid. You don't seem to have a problem with it.

Would you post the web site again explaining how to fill w/o freezing?

Thanks.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

JoyceVery good advice. May be a bit of a battle to get Lou but she'sright that you should insist on it.> >> > MY pulmo called me back immediately this morning and is arrangingfor> > me to go on liquid oxy starting tomorrow. They are getting all the> > info faxed to the proper places and insuring that the insurance> > companies are complying with their requests.> >> > My pulmo said the liq. oxy. is more flexible and it will do mebetter.> > The travel concentrator part that goes on top of the oxy. canisters> > only goes up to #4 continuous, which this week is not enough for me.> > The pulmo and I discussed at length this morning about my situation> and> > since he is leaving Wed for "out of this country" til after Mem.day,> > it is ok for me to go to #5. I will keep the concentrator until he> > gets back as it is on #5 now so that is good for a bit yet.> >> > The Home Medical Co. is going to be the new provider of my> > supplies and such. Interesting to see what the liq oxy is all about.> > I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THAT AT ALL, ANY SUGGESTIONS????> > love, mlp> >>

Guest guest

Sher

The thing they lugged up is a reservoir.

As to proper filling of portable, the manufacturer's site has good manuals. Since most portables are from Puritan- (Helios and Companion), here is their site.

http://www.puritanbennett.com/prod/List.aspx?S1=OXY & S2=OXT

Just go there and then pick a portable-most start with Helios Plus-then open the manual on the next page.

> > >> > > MY pulmo called me back immediately this morning and is arranging> for> > > me to go on liquid oxy starting tomorrow. They are getting all the> > > info faxed to the proper places and insuring that the insurance> > > companies are complying with their requests.> > >> > > My pulmo said the liq. oxy. is more flexible and it will do me> better.> > > The travel concentrator part that goes on top of the oxy. canisters> > > only goes up to #4 continuous, which this week is not enough for me.> > > The pulmo and I discussed at length this morning about my situation> > and> > > since he is leaving Wed for "out of this country" til after Mem.> day,> > > it is ok for me to go to #5. I will keep the concentrator until he> > > gets back as it is on #5 now so that is good for a bit yet.> > >> > > The Home Medical Co. is going to be the new provider of my> > > supplies and such. Interesting to see what the liq oxy is all about.> > > I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THAT AT ALL, ANY SUGGESTIONS????> > > love, mlp> > >> >>

Guest guest

Thanks Bruce...I'll check this out in a little bit........

Sher

As to proper filling of portable, the manufacturer's site has good manuals. Since most portables are from Puritan- (Helios and Companion), here is their site.

Just go there and then pick a portable-most start with Helios Plus-then open the manual on the next page.

> > >> > > MY pulmo called me back immediately this morning and is arranging> for> > > me to go on liquid oxy starting tomorrow. They are getting all the> > > info faxed to the proper places and insuring that the insurance> > > companies are complying with their requests.> > >> > > My pulmo said the liq. oxy. is more flexible and it will do me> better.> > > The travel concentrator part that goes on top of the oxy. canisters> > > only goes up to #4 continuous, which this week is not enough for me.> > > The pulmo and I discussed at length this morning about my situation> > and> > > since he is leaving Wed for "out of this country" til after Mem.> day,> > > it is ok for me to go to #5. I will keep the concentrator until he> > > gets back as it is on #5 now so that is good for a bit yet.> > >> > > The Home Medical Co. is going to be the new provider of my> > > supplies and such. Interesting to see what the liq oxy is all about.> > > I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THAT AT ALL, ANY SUGGESTIONS????> > > love, mlp> > >> >>

Guest guest

Bruce....I have been looking at this site you sent about the liquid. As always, thanks a bunch. You always come through. I'll read more tomorrow.

I'm tired for today. I stay here toooooooo dammmmmmm long!

Tomorrow.

Sher

Guest guest

Sher

Liquid still isn't for everyone. Still the frequency of freezes isn't

something one has to have. I cannot remember my last one. Still, I fill

in advance of being ready to leave as I start to get ready. That way

even if it does freeze, it would be ready. However, its sad the delivery

personnel doesn't provide handouts and better training.

> > > >

> > > > MY pulmo called me back immediately this morning and is

arranging

> > for

> > > > me to go on liquid oxy starting tomorrow. They are getting all

the

> > > > info faxed to the proper places and insuring that the insurance

> > > > companies are complying with their requests.

> > > >

> > > > My pulmo said the liq. oxy. is more flexible and it will do me

> > better.

> > > > The travel concentrator part that goes on top of the oxy.

canisters

> > > > only goes up to #4 continuous, which this week is not enough for

me.

> > > > The pulmo and I discussed at length this morning about my

situation

> > > and

> > > > since he is leaving Wed for " out of this country " til after Mem.

> > day,

> > > > it is ok for me to go to #5. I will keep the concentrator until

he

> > > > gets back as it is on #5 now so that is good for a bit yet.

> > > >

> > > > The Home Medical Co. is going to be the new provider of

my

> > > > supplies and such. Interesting to see what the liq oxy is all

about.

> > > > I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THAT AT ALL, ANY SUGGESTIONS????

> > > > love, mlp

> > > >

> > >

> >

>