RemedySpot.com

Re: Sher's son

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Mama Sher,

My heart breaks for you. You have been so strong for all of us, now it's our turn to lift you up and your son too. It's bad enough to deal with this monster disease but to have your son sick too, well, you just know that I will pray very hard for your son and you and please know I'm always here for you. I love you.

LOve,

Vicky81856Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists on family favorites at AOL Food.

Guest guest

Dear Mama-Sher,

I am praying for your son, Chip. I know this is very hard for you,

mostly because of his choices. You know we are all here for you, 24/7.

Love & Toodles,

Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl

>

> My son, Chip, is not doing well. He is 44 and dying from AIDS.... 3

surgeries in three weeks, and is not coming around this time. He has

been sooo sick sooo many times and yet survives. I'm not confident this

time of his survival. I of course loathe what his choices brought into

all our lives and the pain we all live with today........

> Not very cheerful news but it's part of my everyday life right

now.................

> Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.

> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

>

Guest guest

Jane....I was just about to shut down for the day...........

Thanks for the prayers. My own prayers are for God in his Mercy to take him or help him get well. He is "stuck" in a horrid place between living/dying.

>>>>>>>>I saw your picture. So glad you could go.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Dear Mama-Sher,I am praying for your son, Chip. I know this is very hard for you,mostly because of his choices. You know we are all here for you, 24/7.Love & Toodles,Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl>> My son, Chip, is not doing well. He is 44 and dying from AIDS.... 3surgeries in three weeks, and is not coming around this time. He hasbeen sooo sick sooo many times and yet survives. I'm not confident thistime of his survival. I of course loathe what his choices brought intoall our lives and the pain we all live with today........> Not very cheerful news but it's part of my everyday life rightnow.................> Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!>

Guest guest

Sher

Not being a parent, I can't imagine the pain of a child dying nor that

of watching one suffer.

>

> My son, Chip, is not doing well. He is 44 and dying from AIDS.... 3

> Not very cheerful news but it's part of my everyday life right

now.................

>

Guest guest

Bruce....thanks. I know you care.

I'm shutting off for today...........

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

SherNot being a parent, I can't imagine the pain of a child dying nor thatof watching one suffer.>> My son, Chip, is not doing well. He is 44 and dying from AIDS.... 3surgeries in three weeks, and is not coming around this time. He hasbeen sooo sick sooo many times and yet survives. I'm not confident thistime of his survival. I of course loathe what his choices brought intoall our lives and the pain we all live with today........> Not very cheerful news but it's part of my everyday life rightnow.................> Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!>

Guest guest

Oh my dear friend, I know the pain of a mother worrying about a sick child. My oldest son has MS. Doesn't matter what it is, just that we can not kiss the boo boo and make it better any more. The thing that pained me the most, was that it sounded as if you have placed the blame on him! My heart hurts if I am right. Doesn't your Bible say, "Judge not, least yee be judged"? The only thing any of us can truly be, is who we truly are. I will pray for him and even harder for you. Let go of all that stuff and let him die knowing your love transcends all places that could possibly add that foolish guilt to his life. I'm sending him much love. I've lost many friends and many patients from aids, and those that were made to feel guilt suffered the most. If I have it wrong, or I'm out of line, just tell me. This came from my heart! Terry Sher Bauman wrote: My son, Chip, is not doing well. He is 44 and dying from AIDS.... 3 surgeries in three weeks, and is not coming around this time. He has been sooo sick sooo many times and yet survives. I'm not confident this time of his survival. I of course loathe what his choices brought into all our lives and the pain we all live with today........ Not very cheerful news but

it's part of my everyday life right now................. Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! Terry Pennisi 11/07 IPF Nevada

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Oh Sher, I am so sorry. It isn't suppose to work that way. The kids aren't suppose to die before us. I can't imagine the feeling of losing one of my children. My best friend lost her daughter right out of high school. I was with her through all of that. You are going to need to talk and vent - please do it with us. We are here to listen. k IllinoisSher Bauman wrote: My son, Chip, is not doing well. He is 44 and dying from AIDS.... 3 surgeries in three weeks, and is not coming around this time. He has been sooo sick sooo many times and yet survives. I'm not confident this time of his survival. I of course loathe what his choices brought into all our lives and the pain we all live with today........ Not very cheerful news but it's part of my everyday life right now................. Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14

Guest guest

Sher,

I am at a loss to know what to say to you. I will just tell you that my heart breaks for you. You are so strong. You have been through so much. I pray that God will give you comfort and peace. It is so hard when you can do nothing. I pray for Chip, that his suffering will be relieved.

Take care of yourself, Sher and know that I am thinking of you.

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16>> My son, Chip, is not doing well. He is 44 and dying from AIDS.... 3 surgeries in three weeks, and is not coming around this time. He has been sooo sick sooo many times and yet survives. I'm not confident this time of his survival. I of course loathe what his choices brought into all our lives and the pain we all live with today........> Not very cheerful news but it's part of my everyday life right now.................> Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!>

Guest guest

Sher,My prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time. I pray for peace for you. Please keep us posted when you can....our prayers are constant. You are such a valuable part of this board.Love,Cyndi (DAD PF12.05) Kennelly wrote: Oh Sher, I am so sorry. It isn't suppose to work that way. The kids aren't suppose to die before us. I can't imagine the feeling of losing one of my children. My best friend lost her daughter right out

of high school. I was with her through all of that. You are going to need to talk and vent - please do it with us. We are here to listen. k IllinoisSher Bauman <bofuswbcable (DOT) net> wrote: My son, Chip, is not doing well. He is 44 and dying from AIDS.... 3 surgeries in three weeks, and is not coming around this time. He has been sooo sick sooo many times and yet survives. I'm not confident this time of his survival. I of course loathe what his choices brought into all our lives and the pain we all live with today........ Not very cheerful news but it's part of my everyday life right now................. Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14 Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Sher, My thoughts are with you and your son

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z 64,

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No, NSIP was not

self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to

Darah

and Sara      

“I’m gonna be

iron like a lion in Zion”  Bob Marley

Sher Bauman wrote:

My son,

Chip, is not doing well. He is 44 and dying from AIDS.... 3 surgeries

in three weeks, and is not coming around this time. He has been sooo

sick sooo many times and yet survives. I'm not confident this time of

his survival. I of course loathe what his choices brought into all our

lives and the pain we all live with today........

Not very

cheerful news but it's part of my everyday life right now.................

Mama-Sher,

age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.

Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 269.23.8/1415 - Release Date: 5/5/2008 6:01 AM

Guest guest

Sher......words fall short at a time like this. Know that you are in the thoughts, and prayers of many people that care about you. jimSher Bauman wrote: My son, Chip, is not doing well. He is 44 and dying from AIDS.... 3 surgeries in three weeks, and is not coming around this time. He has been sooo sick sooo many times and yet survives. I'm not confident this time of his survival. I of course loathe what his

choices brought into all our lives and the pain we all live with today........ Not very cheerful news but it's part of my everyday life right now................. Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Guest guest

SHER AND TERRY,

IN NO WAY DO I THINK SHER SAYING SHE LOATHED HER SONS' CHOICES THAT BROUGHT SO MUCH PAIN TO THE FAMILY INDICATED IN ANY WAY THE AMOUNT OF LOVE SHE HAS FOR HER CHILD. FOR THE LAST 9 YEARS I WOULD GO MONTHS AT A TIME WONDERING IF MY SON WAS DEAD OR ALIVE. HIS CHOICES UPSET MY LIFE A DOZEN TIMES FROM ONE SIDE OF THE COIN TO THE OTHER. EITHER JOE AND I BROUGHT HIM INTO OUR HOME (3X'S) OVER 2 YEARS (99-2000) OR I DID THE TOUGH LOVE ROUTE AND ACTUALLY BROUGHT HIM TO A CHURCH PARKING LOT WITH A DUFFLE BAG OF CLOTHES AND A PILLOW AND BLANKET. I WOULD BRING HIM CANNED FRUIT AND BEANIE WEANIES, ETC SO HE COULD EAT WHILE HE LIVED IN THE WOODS OR VACANT HOUSES. EVERYTIME I DROVE UNDER AN OVERPASS I WOULD LOOK FOR HIM, EVERYTIME I PASSED A CERTAIN PHONE BOOTH IN TOWN, I LOOKED FOR HIM BECAUSE OCCASSIONALLY I WOULD SEE HIM THERE. THIS MAYBE TMI BUT I KNOW HE HAD TO WIPE HIS ASS ON LEAVES BECAUSE I KICKED HIM OUT SO MANY TIMES TO WAKE HIM UP. I AM CRYING NOW AS I WRITE THIS BECAUSE BOTTOM LINE IS NOTHING, NOTHING, NOTHING, EVER STOPPED MY LOVE FOR HIM EVEN THOUGH HIS BOO BOOS WERE SELF INFLICTED BY ADDICTION. THE NIGHTS OF NOT SLEEPING AND WONDERING WHAT I SHOULD HAVE DONE AND IF WHAT I DID WAS DONE AT THE RIGHT TIME, ETC CAN ABSOLUTELY DESTROY A CHANCE FOR A PEACEFUL HEART. WITHOUT GOING ON TOO LONG ABOUT THIS I WILL CLOSE BY SAYING HE BEGAN A 5 YEAR PRISON SENTENCE IN 2007 AND WILL NOT BE RELEASED UNTIL 0CT0BER 2012, THEN JOE GOT HIS DIAGNOSIS AND WHEN I HAVE ALONE TIME I CRY FOR BOTH THE MEN IN MY LIFE AND WONDER IF I WILL SEE MY SON BEFORE MY HUSBAND DIES, OR WILL MY HUSBAND DIE BEFORE I SEE MY SON RELEASED.

I TAKE A TRIP EVERY 3 MONTHS TO SEE HIM WHICH IS NOT TOO BAD A TRIP, HE IS IN FLORIDA AND WE ARE IN GEORGIA. ONLY SOMEONE WHO WALKS IN THESE SHOES OF BROKEN DREAMS FOR A CHILD UNDERSTAND THE CHRONIC GRIEF THAT ONE LIVES WITH. SO I THANK GOD FOR SENDING JOE TO ME, WITH HIM I FEEL LOVED.

HAPPIER POST NEXT TIME, I JUST WANTED TO DEFEND BROKEN HEARTS.....

JOANIE

JOE/JOANIE JOE 60 IPF1/2008

GRIFFIN, GA.

-- Re: Sher's son

Oh my dear friend,

I know the pain of a mother worrying about a sick child. My oldest son has MS. Doesn't matter what it is, just that we can not kiss the boo boo and make it better any more.

The thing that pained me the most, was that it sounded as if you have placed the blame on him! My heart hurts if I am right.

Doesn't your Bible say, "Judge not, least yee be judged"?

The only thing any of us can truly be, is who we truly are. I will pray for him and even harder for you. Let go of all that stuff and let him die knowing your love transcends all places that could possibly add that foolish guilt to his life.

I'm sending him much love. I've lost many friends and many patients from aids, and those that were made to feel guilt suffered the most.

If I have it wrong, or I'm out of line, just tell me. This came from my heart!

Terry

Sher Bauman <bofuswbcable (DOT) net> wrote:

My son, Chip, is not doing well. He is 44 and dying from AIDS.... 3 surgeries in three weeks, and is not coming around this time. He has been sooo sick sooo many times and yet survives. I'm not confident this time of his survival. I of course loathe what his choices brought into all our lives and the pain we all live with today........

Not very cheerful news but it's part of my everyday life right now.................

Terry Pennisi 11/07 IPF Nevada

Guest guest

Joe and Joanie, Wow...what a powerful

post!!!!

You are very courageous to write about such raw emotions

and I for one salute you.

I think we all have our burdens with our kids.

My youngest son, Sam

is 28, married to a lovely young woman and yet he identifies himself as

transgender.

He cross dresses on  occasions that do not involve our family.

We have had so much trouble getting out heads around this rather

strange idea.

He comes to our house sort of  unisex...jeans, tee shirt or polo or

sweater, no make-up, hair in a rough

ponytail. He's our Sam ,his other personna ( )  he has not brought

home to us.

I know that with his wife Kim and her family, at work and at college

he is .

..I don't think I'd be

able to deal to be honest. So, we all have stuff!!!Some much more

serious and life threatening than others.

Who ever said that the problems get eaasier as the kids grow up!!!!

They lied!!!!

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z 64,

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mildâ€

PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No, NSIP was not

self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to

Darah

and Sara      

“I’m gonna be

iron like a lion in Zionâ€Â  Bob Marley

JOE & JOANIE LAMENSKIE wrote:

SHER AND TERRY,

IN NO WAY DO I THINK SHER SAYING SHE LOATHED HER

SONS' CHOICES THAT BROUGHT SO MUCH PAIN TO THE FAMILY INDICATED IN ANY

WAY THE AMOUNT OF LOVE SHE HAS FOR HER CHILD.  FOR THE LAST 9 YEARS I

WOULD GO MONTHS AT A TIME WONDERING IF MY SON WAS DEAD OR ALIVE.  HIS

CHOICES UPSET MY LIFE A DOZEN TIMES FROM ONE SIDE OF THE COIN TO THE

OTHER.  EITHER JOE AND I BROUGHT HIM INTO OUR HOME (3X'S) OVER 2 YEARS

(99-2000) OR I DID THE TOUGH LOVE ROUTE AND ACTUALLY BROUGHT HIM TO A

CHURCH PARKING LOT WITH A DUFFLE BAG OF CLOTHES AND A PILLOW AND

BLANKET.  I WOULD BRING HIM CANNED FRUIT AND BEANIE WEANIES, ETC SO HE

COULD EAT WHILE HE LIVED IN THE WOODS OR VACANT HOUSES.  EVERYTIME I

DROVE UNDER AN OVERPASS I WOULD LOOK FOR HIM, EVERYTIME I PASSED A

CERTAIN PHONE BOOTH IN TOWN, I LOOKED FOR HIM BECAUSE OCCASSIONALLY I

WOULD SEE HIM THERE.  THIS MAYBE TMI BUT I KNOW HE HAD TO WIPE HIS ASS

ON LEAVES BECAUSE I KICKED HIM OUT SO MANY TIMES TO WAKE HIM UP.  I AM

CRYING NOW AS I WRITE THIS BECAUSE BOTTOM LINE IS NOTHING, NOTHING,

NOTHING, EVER STOPPED MY LOVE FOR HIM EVEN THOUGH HIS BOO BOOS WERE

SELF INFLICTED BY ADDICTION.  THE NIGHTS OF NOT SLEEPING AND WONDERING

WHAT I SHOULD HAVE DONE AND IF WHAT I DID WAS DONE AT THE RIGHT TIME,

ETC CAN ABSOLUTELY DESTROY A CHANCE FOR A PEACEFUL HEART.  WITHOUT

GOING ON TOO LONG ABOUT THIS I WILL CLOSE BY SAYING HE BEGAN A 5 YEAR

PRISON SENTENCE IN 2007 AND WILL NOT BE RELEASED UNTIL 0CT0BER 2012,

THEN JOE GOT HIS DIAGNOSIS AND WHEN I HAVE ALONE TIME I CRY FOR BOTH

THE MEN IN MY LIFE AND WONDER IF I WILL SEE MY SON BEFORE MY HUSBAND

DIES, OR WILL MY HUSBAND DIE BEFORE I SEE MY SON RELEASED. 

I TAKE A TRIP EVERY 3 MONTHS TO SEE HIM WHICH IS NOT TOO

BAD A TRIP, HE IS IN FLORIDA AND WE ARE IN GEORGIA.  ONLY SOMEONE WHO

WALKS IN THESE SHOES OF BROKEN DREAMS FOR A CHILD UNDERSTAND THE

CHRONIC GRIEF THAT ONE LIVES WITH.  SO I THANK GOD FOR SENDING JOE TO

ME, WITH HIM I FEEL LOVED.

HAPPIER POST NEXT TIME, I JUST WANTED TO DEFEND BROKEN

HEARTS.....

JOANIE

JOE/JOANIE

JOE 60

IPF1/2008

GRIFFIN,

GA.

-------Original

Message-------

Date:

5/5/2008 8:01:32 PM

To: Breathe-Support

Subject:

Oh my dear friend,

I know the pain of a mother worrying about a sick child.

My oldest son has MS.  Doesn't matter what it is, just that we can not

kiss the boo boo and make it better any more.

The thing that pained me the most, was that it sounded as

if you have placed the blame on him! My heart hurts if I am right.

The only thing any of us can truly be, is who we truly

are. I will pray for him and even harder for you. Let go of all that

stuff and let him die knowing your love transcends all places that

could possibly add that foolish guilt to his life.

I'm sending him much love. I've lost many friends and many

patients from aids, and those that were made to feel guilt suffered the

most.

If I have it wrong, or I'm out of line, just tell me. This

came from my heart!

Terry

My

son, Chip, is not doing well. He is 44 and dying from AIDS.... 3

Not

very cheerful news but it's part of my everyday life right now.................

Mama-Sher,

age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.

Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all

with Yahoo! Mobile. Try

it now.

Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 269.23.9/1417 - Release Date: 5/6/2008 8:07 AM

Guest guest

I have to pipe in on this one, too. My son is an addict, as well. You can't even begin to phathom the pain and suffering of dealing with such an illness, especially when it is your child. I have had my son call me telling me he wanted to die, he had been sleeping on a park bench in below freezing weather, had not eaten for days, and God knows the funk alone of not having showered for weeks was dreadful, BUT he was alive and that was all I cared about. You DO loathe their choices because you so know in your heart they could be a wonderful person, but at the time you can't make them believe it no matter what you do. You end up just feeling like all you can do is be there when they call and just keep hoping they WILL call sooner or later. I have cried so many tears, but thankfully my son has been clean now for a year and a

half. He works as a manager at a Mc's in a small town and I so proud of him. He actually bought himself a new computer with his IRS rebate and I cried my eyes out!! Had that been a year and a half ago, that money would have gone straight to drugs and a computer, please -- it would have been in the pawn shop. I can definitely feel the pain of a child in need, but for everyone out there, there is hope and sometimes there is a happy ending, and for now my son is clean and he lives day to day and that is what we all do and keep hoping the best for him, but so far so good, and I am the proudest mom in the world.

Caro

CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi

My son, Chip, is not doing well. He is 44 and dying from AIDS.... 3 surgeries in three weeks, and is not coming around this time. He has been sooo sick sooo many times and yet survives. I'm not confident this time of his survival. I of course loathe what his choices brought into all our lives and the pain we all live with today....... .

Not very cheerful news but it's part of my everyday life right now......... ........

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!Terry Pennisi 11/07 IPF Nevada

Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 269.23.9/1417 - Release Date: 5/6/2008 8:07 AM

Guest guest

LINDA, SHER...ANOTHER WAY TO LOOK AT OUR SITUATIONS WITH FAMILY AND DISEASE IS HOW A FRIEND OF MINE PUT IT...EVERYONE HAS A BAG OF ROCKS TO CARRY, SOMETIMES WE HAVE MORE ROCKS THAN OTHERS, AND SOMETIMES OUR LOAD IS LIGHTER. SO EVERYDAY WHEN WE WAKE UP SAY A PRAYER FOR ALL THE PEOPLE CARRYING HEAVY ROCK BAGS, AND THEN OUR BAG DOES NOT SEEM SO HEAVY...THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT, IT IS HARD TO POST PERSONAL ISSUES SOMETIMES BUT ON OCCASSION WE ALL READ SOMETHING THAT HITS HOME, AND JUST AS I HAVE SAID IN THE PAST, SOMETIMES IT IS EASIER TO BE NICE TO STRANGERS THAN FAMILY, IT IS ALSO EASIER TO VENT TO "STRANGERS" THAN LOVED ONES. I AM NOT LOOKING FOR SYMPATHY BUT JUST ACKNOWLEDGINE SHER'S PAIN AND SAYING WE ARE NOT JUDGEMENTAL OF OUR CHILDREN BUT GRIEVE BECAUSE OUR DREAM FOR THEM AND THEIR LIVES IS NOT ANYTHING WE HOPED FOR.

JOE/JOANIE JOE 60 IPF1/2008

GRIFFIN, GA.

-- Re: Sher's son

Oh my dear friend,

I know the pain of a mother worrying about a sick child. My oldest son has MS. Doesn't matter what it is, just that we can not kiss the boo boo and make it better any more.

The thing that pained me the most, was that it sounded as if you have placed the blame on him! My heart hurts if I am right.

The only thing any of us can truly be, is who we truly are. I will pray for him and even harder for you. Let go of all that stuff and let him die knowing your love transcends all places that could possibly add that foolish guilt to his life.

I'm sending him much love. I've lost many friends and many patients from aids, and those that were made to feel guilt suffered the most.

Terry

My son, Chip, is not doing well. He is 44 and dying from AIDS.... 3 surgeries in three weeks, and is not coming around this time. He has been sooo sick sooo many times and yet survives. I'm not confident this time of his survival. I of course loathe what his choices brought into all our lives and the pain we all live with today........

Not very cheerful news but it's part of my everyday life right now.................

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!Terry Pennisi 11/07 IPF Nevada

Guest guest

Caro,

Clean and sober for a year is such a wonderful accomplishment. In my family the addict is my father and he has led all of us on a rollar coaster ride all of our lives. Reading all the posts about children made me realize that everyone has different burdens to bear. Thank goodness we have one another. God bless you-

Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California

I have to pipe in on this one, too. My son is an addict, as well. You can't even begin to phathom the pain and suffering of dealing with such an illness, especially when it is your child. I have had my son call me telling me he wanted to die, he had been sleeping on a park bench in below freezing weather, had not eaten for days, and God knows the funk alone of not having showered for weeks was dreadful, BUT he was alive and that was all I cared about. You DO loathe their choices because you so know in your heart they could be a wonderful person, but at the time you can't make them believe it no matter what you do. You end up just feeling like all you can do is be there when they call and just keep hoping they WILL call sooner or later. I have cried so many tears, but thankfully my son has been clean now for a year and a half. He works as a manager at a Mc's in a small town and I so proud of

him. He actually bought himself a new computer with his IRS rebate and I cried my eyes out!! Had that been a year and a half ago, that money would have gone straight to drugs and a computer, please -- it would have been in the pawn shop. I can definitely feel the pain of a child in need, but for everyone out there, there is hope and sometimes there is a happy ending, and for now my son is clean and he lives day to day and that is what we all do and keep hoping the best for him, but so far so good, and I am the proudest mom in the world.

Caro

CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi

My son, Chip, is not doing well. He is 44 and dying from AIDS.... 3 surgeries in three weeks, and is not coming around this time. He has been sooo sick sooo many times and yet survives. I'm not confident this time of his survival. I of course loathe what his choices brought into all our lives and the pain we all live with today....... .

Not very cheerful news but it's part of my everyday life right now......... ........

Guest guest

You too, , and I totally agree thank goodness we have one another. I definitely know about the roller coaster ride, but like you said, we have each other on this board and any time you feel the need to talk, I am here.CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi

Guest guest

I don't think it could be said any better than that. Hugs Sher. CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi

Guest guest

Ter...Yes you are wrong wrong wrong. I said I loathe his choices....what mother could approve? I do not loathe him!

Don't be too quick to judge me either Ter. You know nothing about my family.............

I know you mean well. Just as you do not like your son's choices, you still love him.

Oh my dear friend,

Terry

Guest guest

To the board....thank you all who replied, more than I can express for your support. I know you are all here for me and it helps. You are my extended family and I'm glad I don't have to pretend anything here. Or hide.

Joanie....... you certainly know what it's all about. My Zoe was a drug addict/dealer for 18 years and all the heartache that goes with it. I loathed her choices...what it did to my grandchildren and on and on. I bailed her out, kicked her out, brought her back and used Tough Love whenever I could bear it. I too went long periods when I didn't know where she/kids were . 18 years I lived that heartache.

She is now clean and sober w/great job (4 years) nice car, apt. and is a much better mother. And, her behavior is such a pleasure to watch. She is absolutely different/changed.

I wrote a story (I'm a free-lance writer) about watching for her on the street.....

We know too about a son in prison. He got out about 3 years ago and we haven't seen him since.

I remember driving about 5 hrs, o/w and visiting, once a month. I hated those trips, and I hated going into that prison. But it's what parents do! 7 years we did that......I understand Joanie.

I want for you some acceptance and courage. We'll hang in there together.

Thanks for sharing so powerfully!

Love you.

Oh my dear friend,

Terry

Guest guest

> >

> > My son, Chip, is not doing well. He is 44 and dying from

AIDS.... 3

> surgeries in three weeks, and is not coming around this time. He

has

> been sooo sick sooo many times and yet survives. I'm not

confident this

> time of his survival. I of course loathe what his choices

brought into

> all our lives and the pain we all live with today........

> > Not very cheerful news but it's part of my everyday life right

> now.................

> > Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.

> > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

> >

>

Guest guest

Dear Sher,

I can understand how you must be feeling about your son,no sorrow

can be greater than what a mother feels for a dying child, It is

unimaginable, one can be brave about ones own sickness, but how do

we go about handling this , it is very tough very tough, Iam also

tempted to vent about my braother whom i lost when he was 47yrs , i

was very close to him ,my mother and I fouhgt a hard battle withis

addiction to gambling just when he recovered, got married and sttled

down, he died of aheart attack, I thought i would never get over

it , but i did.

I dont dont know whether it is sad or good but we do have immense

capacity to get over what we think is unsurmountable at one stage.

God has given you all that is necessary to face this crisis.He will

stand by you now too,

love

Geeta

In Breathe-Support , " Sher Bauman " wrote:

>

> Bruce....thanks. I know you care.

> I'm shutting off for today...........

>

>

> Re: Sher's son

>

>

>

> Sher

>

> Not being a parent, I can't imagine the pain of a child dying

nor that

> of watching one suffer.

>

> >

> > My son, Chip, is not doing well. He is 44 and dying from

AIDS.... 3

> surgeries in three weeks, and is not coming around this time. He

has

> been sooo sick sooo many times and yet survives. I'm not

confident this

> time of his survival. I of course loathe what his choices

brought into

> all our lives and the pain we all live with today........

> > Not very cheerful news but it's part of my everyday life right

> now.................

> > Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.

> > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

> >

>

Guest guest

Gita...thanks for your sweet reply. I know you care and understand the death of a loved one. Actually, as strange as it seems, I'm at peace with this. I feel the prayers. He has been sick many times previously and I grieved and mourned then. Now, I'm in acceptance. He is ready to go...............

Sorry to read about your O2 crisis during your trip. Fortunately there was no major consequence like hospital to find!

Traveling is such fun.

Re: Sher's son> > > > Sher> > Not being a parent, I can't imagine the pain of a child dying nor that> of watching one suffer.> > >> > My son, Chip, is not doing well. He is 44 and dying from AIDS.... 3> surgeries in three weeks, and is not coming around this time. He has> been sooo sick sooo many times and yet survives. I'm not confident this> time of his survival. I of course loathe what his choices brought into> all our lives and the pain we all live with today........> > Not very cheerful news but it's part of my everyday life right> now.................> > Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.> > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!> >>