RemedySpot.com

Interesting program

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi everybody,

Just wanted to share a really fascinating radio program I listened to today on my way home. On our local NPR affiliate here in NC there is a program at 1pm called The Story. The host Dick Gordon interviews all kinds of people with some type of story to tell. It's almost always interesting but today was especially so.

He interviewed a woman, Hallisy who had cared for her young daughter through an ultimately fatal illness. During this time she dealt with doctors, nurses, hospitals etc and learned how to advocate for her daughter and protect her from mistakes. You can listen to the program at www.thestory.org It's well worth the 45 minutes or so to listen.

This woman has also written a book called "The Empowered Patient" on how to do for yourself or a family member the things she learned to do for her daughter. I've gone ahead and ordered myself a copy. I'll let you all know what I think.

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Guest guest

MB, Please do let me know. I want to read it all. K Illinois Beth wrote: Hi everybody, Just wanted to share a really fascinating radio program I listened to today on my way home. On our local NPR affiliate here in NC there is a program at 1pm called The Story. The host Dick Gordon interviews all kinds of people with some type of story

to tell. It's almost always interesting but today was especially so. He interviewed a woman, Hallisy who had cared for her young daughter through an ultimately fatal illness. During this time she dealt with doctors, nurses, hospitals etc and learned how to advocate for her daughter and protect her from mistakes. You can listen to the program at www.thestory.org It's well worth the 45 minutes or so to listen. This woman has also written a book called "The Empowered Patient" on how to do for yourself or a family member the things she learned to do for her daughter. I've gone ahead and ordered myself a copy. I'll let you all know what I think. Beth Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Change everything. Love and Forgive K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my

house, we will serve the Lord 14

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.