RemedySpot.com

Re: Here is the NEW deal for me....................................

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Lou....I'm so glad you have the O2 stuff taken care of! Those adjustments can be so tiring.

I'm thinking seriously of going on liquid....the weight of the cyl I now carry is really giving my arthritis fits!

Thanks to Bruce, he gave me a sight to look at for correct filling, etc. so I will look carefully at that before I decide.

Poor , the LinCare driver, pulled all that stuff up a flight of stairs and then I said, "I don't think so".......I told him today when he was here I'm reconsidering.....he gave me a itty bitty smile and said, ok.

Yeah, no noise from concentrator will be nice won't it.

I replied to your touching post....did you see it???

Take good care of you!

hugs.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Here is the NEW deal for me....................................

The Home Medical Oxygen Company has been here ALL day long testing my levels of oxygen and what they gave me yesterday IS NOT doing the job good enough. They took out the concentrator all together, and I am now on 100% PURE LIQUID OXYGEN from the humungous tank in my bedroom. #5 continuous, it goes to 10 too if I ever need it. I use the backpack which has been changed to a "marathon" which I carry around the house without tubing following me everywhere I go. I am getting used to that. My oxy. level is now 97-98 and I am amazed at the last 6 months that no one suggested to me what I needed, no wonder I have become weak, and loss of breath when I eat and talk. If I can't talk, forget it... hhheeeAnyhow, that's what's going on in my world today and yesterday. I feel that my health really was starting to deteriote fast this past month with not getting enough. Therapist said I need at Least 5 continuous for right now. I won't miss that concentrator one single bit.Hope you all had a great day.Love, Lou

Guest guest

Hi Sher: Yes I think I did reply. I am so darn tired tonight I

don't know how far down the line the posting was. All I do know is

that the backpack I have been walking around with at (5)continuous is

not enough to last more than 2 1/2 hrs tonight. Know what? That is

crapola. Reason for crapola??? I am stuck in the house forever. The

humungous steel barrel keg that is taller than our dressers is filled

with 100% liquid oxygen that has to been filled at least every 2

wks. Also they only give you the one portable pak to use either in

the house or out. If I go out, I can not be gone very long. This is

also crapola. If we want to go visit my daughter (1 hr away, one

way) or Earl's kids at the beach (2 hr. one way) I will never be able

to go. They can only give you one reserve pak and you have to let

them know 2 days ahead. This is BUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are coming in the morning to bring me the Marathon pak. omg, I

am so stressed I am exhausted. The pak ran out on me from 4:30 today

when they left to 7pm when it ran out of oxy.

WHAT SAY YOU???????????????????

lOVE, mARY lOU

>

> Lou....I'm so glad you have the O2 stuff taken care of! Those

adjustments can be so tiring.

> I'm thinking seriously of going on liquid....the weight of the cyl

I now carry is really giving my arthritis fits!

> Thanks to Bruce, he gave me a sight to look at for correct filling,

etc. so I will look carefully at that before I decide.

> Poor , the LinCare driver, pulled all that stuff up a flight of

stairs and then I said, " I don't think so " .......I told him today

when he was here I'm reconsidering.....he gave me a itty bitty smile

and said, ok.

> Yeah, no noise from concentrator will be nice won't it.

> I replied to your touching post....did you see it???

> Take good care of you!

> hugs.

> Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.

> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

>

> Here is the NEW deal for

me....................................

>

>

> The Home Medical Oxygen Company has been here ALL day

long

> testing my levels of oxygen and what they gave me yesterday IS

NOT

> doing the job good enough. They took out the concentrator all

> together, and I am now on 100% PURE LIQUID OXYGEN from the

humungous

> tank in my bedroom. #5 continuous, it goes to 10 too if I ever

need

> it. I use the backpack which has been changed to a " marathon "

which I

> carry around the house without tubing following me everywhere I

go. I

> am getting used to that. My oxy. level is now 97-98 and I am

amazed at

> the last 6 months that no one suggested to me what I needed, no

wonder

> I have become weak, and loss of breath when I eat and talk. If I

can't

> talk, forget it... hhheee

>

> Anyhow, that's what's going on in my world today and yesterday. I

feel

> that my health really was starting to deteriote fast this past

month

> with not getting enough. Therapist said I need at Least 5

continuous

> for right now. I won't miss that concentrator one single bit.

>

> Hope you all had a great day.

> Love, Lou

>

Guest guest

Lou, Insist on having tanks for back up, ALWAYS. You can use them as backup also when you go off for the whole day. Love and Prayers, PeggyIPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up." Hi Sher: Yes I think I did reply. I am so darn tired tonight I don't know how far down the line the posting was. All I do know is that the backpack I have been walking around with at (5)continuous is not enough to last more than 2 1/2 hrs tonight. Know what? That is crapola. Reason for crapola??? I am stuck in the house forever. The humungous steel barrel keg that is taller than our dressers is filled with 100% liquid oxygen that has to been filled at least every 2 wks. Also they only give you the one portable pak to use either in the house or out. If I go out, I can not be gone very long. This is also crapola. If we want to go visit my daughter (1 hr away, one way) or Earl's kids at the beach (2 hr. one way) I will never be able to go. They can only give you one reserve pak and you have to let them know 2 days ahead. This is BUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!They are coming in the morning to bring me the Marathon pak. omg, I am so stressed I am exhausted. The pak ran out on me from 4:30 today when they left to 7pm when it ran out of oxy. WHAT SAY YOU???????????????????lOVE, mARY lOU>> Lou....I'm so glad you have the O2 stuff taken care of! Those adjustments can be so tiring.> I'm thinking seriously of going on liquid....the weight of the cyl I now carry is really giving my arthritis fits! > Thanks to Bruce, he gave me a sight to look at for correct filling, etc. so I will look carefully at that before I decide.> Poor , the LinCare driver, pulled all that stuff up a flight of stairs and then I said, "I don't think so".......I told him today when he was here I'm reconsidering.....he gave me a itty bitty smile and said, ok.> Yeah, no noise from concentrator will be nice won't it.> I replied to your touching post....did you see it???> Take good care of you!> hugs.> Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!> > Here is the NEW deal for me....................................> > > The Home Medical Oxygen Company has been here ALL day long > testing my levels of oxygen and what they gave me yesterday IS NOT > doing the job good enough. They took out the concentrator all > together, and I am now on 100% PURE LIQUID OXYGEN from the humungous > tank in my bedroom. #5 continuous, it goes to 10 too if I ever need > it. I use the backpack which has been changed to a "marathon" which I > carry around the house without tubing following me everywhere I go. I > am getting used to that. My oxy. level is now 97-98 and I am amazed at > the last 6 months that no one suggested to me what I needed, no wonder > I have become weak, and loss of breath when I eat and talk. If I can't > talk, forget it... hhheee> > Anyhow, that's what's going on in my world today and yesterday. I feel > that my health really was starting to deteriote fast this past month > with not getting enough. Therapist said I need at Least 5 continuous > for right now. I won't miss that concentrator one single bit.> > Hope you all had a great day.> Love, Lou>

Guest guest

Lou....I'm just learning about liquid so there are others who can be of more help. Bruce uses it and I think Joyce (?). I can't remember who uses what type but I know they will respond........

Yes, I know the reservoirs have to be filled every couple of weeks. I was told I would have 2 of them. "Just in case".

I'm of the opinion the little pack lasts longer than the cyl I've been using...........

Hmmmmm.

Well keep on until you get what you need!

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Here is the NEW deal for me....................................> > > The Home Medical Oxygen Company has been here ALL day long > testing my levels of oxygen and what they gave me yesterday IS NOT > doing the job good enough. They took out the concentrator all > together, and I am now on 100% PURE LIQUID OXYGEN from the humungous > tank in my bedroom. #5 continuous, it goes to 10 too if I ever need > it. I use the backpack which has been changed to a "marathon" which I > carry around the house without tubing following me everywhere I go. I > am getting used to that. My oxy. level is now 97-98 and I am amazed at > the last 6 months that no one suggested to me what I needed, no wonder > I have become weak, and loss of breath when I eat and talk. If I can't > talk, forget it... hhheee> > Anyhow, that's what's going on in my world today and yesterday. I feel > that my health really was starting to deteriote fast this past month > with not getting enough. Therapist said I need at Least 5 continuous > for right now. I won't miss that concentrator one single bit.> > Hope you all had a great day.> Love, Lou>

Guest guest

Lou

Thats great news that you got attention and the oxygen you need. Now,

I'd still rather have the tubing follow me than carry the Marathon

around the house, although I love it outside. But, each person finds

what works best for them.

>

> The Home Medical Oxygen Company has been here ALL day long

> testing my levels of oxygen and what they gave me yesterday IS NOT

> together, and I am now on 100% PURE LIQUID OXYGEN from the humungous

> tank in my bedroom. #5 continuous, it goes to 10 too if I ever need

> it. I use the backpack which has been changed to a " marathon " which I

> carry around the house without tubing following me everywhere I go. I

> am getting used to that. My oxy. level is now 97-98 and I am amazed at

> the last 6 months that no one suggested to me what I needed, no wonder

> I have become weak, and loss of breath when I eat and talk. If I can't

>

> Anyhow, that's what's going on in my world today and yesterday. I feel

> that my health really was starting to deteriote fast this past month

> with not getting enough. Therapist said I need at Least 5 continuous

>

> Love, Lou

>

Guest guest

Hi Lou,

It's Sherry here. I sure hope I am posting this correctly.

I e-mailed you the other day, but used your private e-mail address.

I've e-mailed a couple of other Breathe Support people that way.

This is my first one to the group.

Sorry you are having such a time with your oxygen supply. I wrote

you that I now am using the Marathon liquid oxygen instead of the

smaller Helios. However, I have a suggestion for you. I rented a

portable oxygen concentrator last month to fly with (another story in

itself) and found that having a " carrier " to roll around was so

nice.

I checked the Internet and purchased one for myself for $44 at

OxiMedical. It was the SeQual Eclipse Large Wheel Cart. This makes

it so much easier. I don't have that cannula following me around

anymore and have the settings right at my hand. I do have to roll

the cart around, but that's a small price to pay I think. I hope this

may help you.

I also use a backpack made by AirLift that really helps stabilize the

Marathon.

Sherry Age 64

NSIP 11 '98, PBC '98

>

> The Home Medical Oxygen Company has been here ALL day long

> testing my levels of oxygen and what they gave me yesterday IS NOT

> together, and I am now on 100% PURE LIQUID OXYGEN from the

humungous

> tank in my bedroom. #5 continuous, it goes to 10 too if I ever

need

> it. I use the backpack which has been changed to a " marathon "

which I

> carry around the house without tubing following me everywhere I

go. I

> am getting used to that. My oxy. level is now 97-98 and I am

amazed at

> the last 6 months that no one suggested to me what I needed, no

wonder

> I have become weak, and loss of breath when I eat and talk. If I

can't

>

> Anyhow, that's what's going on in my world today and yesterday. I

feel

> that my health really was starting to deteriote fast this past

month

> with not getting enough. Therapist said I need at Least 5

continuous

>

> Love, Lou

>

Guest guest

Bruce...Just wrote Z re: liquid...you carry the 'Marathon'??? Say what???

LouThats great news that you got attention and the oxygen you need. Now,I'd still rather have the tubing follow me than carry the Marathonaround the house, although I love it outside. But, each person findswhat works best for them.>> The Home Medical Oxygen Company has been here ALL day long> testing my levels of oxygen and what they gave me yesterday IS NOT> doing the job good enough. They took out the concentrator all> together, and I am now on 100% PURE LIQUID OXYGEN from the humungous> tank in my bedroom. #5 continuous, it goes to 10 too if I ever need> it. I use the backpack which has been changed to a "marathon" which I> carry around the house without tubing following me everywhere I go. I> am getting used to that. My oxy. level is now 97-98 and I am amazed at> the last 6 months that no one suggested to me what I needed, no wonder> I have become weak, and loss of breath when I eat and talk. If I can't> talk, forget it... hhheee>> Anyhow, that's what's going on in my world today and yesterday. I feel> that my health really was starting to deteriote fast this past month> with not getting enough. Therapist said I need at Least 5 continuous> for right now. I won't miss that concentrator one single bit.>> Hope you all had a great day.> Love, Lou>

Guest guest

Lou,

I am interested in how much the concentrator costs you to rent. I use the oxygen the plane provides and it is $100.00 each way. Thanks for the info- Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California

Hi Lou,It's Sherry here. I sure hope I am posting this correctly. I e-mailed you the other day, but used your private e-mail address. I've e-mailed a couple of other Breathe Support people that way. This is my first one to the group.Sorry you are having such a time with your oxygen supply. I wrote you that I now am using the Marathon liquid oxygen instead of the smaller Helios. However, I have a suggestion for you. I rented a portable oxygen concentrator last month to fly with (another story in itself) and found that having a "carrier" to roll around was so nice. I checked the Internet and purchased one for myself for $44 at OxiMedical. It was the SeQual Eclipse Large Wheel Cart. This makes it so much easier. I don't have that cannula following me around anymore and have the settings right at my hand. I do have to roll the cart around, but that's a small price to pay

I think. I hope this may help you.I also use a backpack made by AirLift that really helps stabilize the Marathon.Sherry Age 64NSIP 11 '98, PBC '98>> The Home Medical Oxygen Company has been here ALL day long > testing my levels of oxygen and what they gave me yesterday IS NOT > doing the job good enough. They took out the concentrator all > together, and I am now on 100% PURE LIQUID OXYGEN from the humungous > tank in my bedroom. #5 continuous, it goes to 10 too if I ever need > it. I use the backpack which has been changed to a "marathon" which I > carry around the house without tubing following me everywhere I

go. I > am getting used to that. My oxy. level is now 97-98 and I am amazed at > the last 6 months that no one suggested to me what I needed, no wonder > I have become weak, and loss of breath when I eat and talk. If I can't > talk, forget it... hhheee> > Anyhow, that's what's going on in my world today and yesterday. I feel > that my health really was starting to deteriote fast this past month > with not getting enough. Therapist said I need at Least 5 continuous > for right now. I won't miss that concentrator one single bit.> > Hope you all had a great day.> Love, Lou>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Sher

Yes, I carry the Helios Marathon. The smaller unit is the Helios Plus.

Helios Plus weighs 3.6 pounds filled and Marathon weighs 5.6 pounds.

On demand they both make a clicking noise with each breath. I do think

its rather annoying although use to it now. On continuous they don't.

You do have tubing from your reservoir just like you do on a

concentrator. Its basically a different piece of equipment probably

located in the same place in your apartment. Normally they are refilled

weekly. The portable uses a cannula a bit different that what you're use

to.

As to weight and carrying them around only you can tell if the Helios

Plus is light enough to make it comfortable. There are shoulder carriers

and backpacks. At some point if any are causing us back problems we have

to consider using a rolling cart of some sort.

> >

> > The Home Medical Oxygen Company has been here ALL day long

> > testing my levels of oxygen and what they gave me yesterday IS NOT

> > doing the job good enough. They took out the concentrator all

> > together, and I am now on 100% PURE LIQUID OXYGEN from the humungous

> > tank in my bedroom. #5 continuous, it goes to 10 too if I ever need

> > it. I use the backpack which has been changed to a " marathon " which

I

> > carry around the house without tubing following me everywhere I go.

I

> > am getting used to that. My oxy. level is now 97-98 and I am amazed

at

> > the last 6 months that no one suggested to me what I needed, no

wonder

> > I have become weak, and loss of breath when I eat and talk. If I

can't

> > talk, forget it... hhheee

> >

> > Anyhow, that's what's going on in my world today and yesterday. I

feel

> > that my health really was starting to deteriote fast this past month

> > with not getting enough. Therapist said I need at Least 5 continuous

> > for right now. I won't miss that concentrator one single bit.

> >

> > Hope you all had a great day.

> > Love, Lou

> >

>

Guest guest

Hi Sherry,

I was wanting to find out about the backpack for the Helios. Is that

the same one that comes with it? I have a Helios Marathon. I also am

trying a POC (The Evergo). Just rented it for a month to try it out.

Haven't figured out how we can buy it yet. However, just wondering

about that backpack.

Toodles!

Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl

> >

> > The Home Medical Oxygen Company has been here ALL day long

> > testing my levels of oxygen and what they gave me yesterday IS NOT

> > together, and I am now on 100% PURE LIQUID OXYGEN from the

> humungous

> > tank in my bedroom. #5 continuous, it goes to 10 too if I ever

> need

> > it. I use the backpack which has been changed to a " marathon "

> which I

> > carry around the house without tubing following me everywhere I

> go. I

> > am getting used to that. My oxy. level is now 97-98 and I am

> amazed at

> > the last 6 months that no one suggested to me what I needed, no

> wonder

> > I have become weak, and loss of breath when I eat and talk. If I

> can't

> >

> > Anyhow, that's what's going on in my world today and yesterday. I

> feel

> > that my health really was starting to deteriote fast this past

> month

> > with not getting enough. Therapist said I need at Least 5

> continuous

> >

> > Love, Lou

> >

>

Guest guest

Jane

The shoulder bag you saw me carrying using the Marathon, which is the

standard bag from Helios, also has straps to be used as a backpack.

> > >

> > > The Home Medical Oxygen Company has been here ALL day long

> > > testing my levels of oxygen and what they gave me yesterday IS NOT

> > > doing the job good enough. They took out the concentrator all

> > > together, and I am now on 100% PURE LIQUID OXYGEN from the

> > humungous

> > > tank in my bedroom. #5 continuous, it goes to 10 too if I ever

> > need

> > > it. I use the backpack which has been changed to a " marathon "

> > which I

> > > carry around the house without tubing following me everywhere I

> > go. I

> > > am getting used to that. My oxy. level is now 97-98 and I am

> > amazed at

> > > the last 6 months that no one suggested to me what I needed, no

> > wonder

> > > I have become weak, and loss of breath when I eat and talk. If I

> > can't

> > > talk, forget it... hhheee

> > >

> > > Anyhow, that's what's going on in my world today and yesterday. I

> > feel

> > > that my health really was starting to deteriote fast this past

> > month

> > > with not getting enough. Therapist said I need at Least 5

> > continuous

> > > for right now. I won't miss that concentrator one single bit.

> > >

> > > Hope you all had a great day.

> > > Love, Lou

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Bruce.....so the Marathon lasts longer? Must because of size you mention.

Do you carry yours by the handle? (no shoulder strap?) Do you find that convenient when you're out and about? (The handle). Hmmmm.

I'm thinking I may be able to put the plus into my open bag, sort of like a small shopping bag. I tried that w/cyl and it didn't work...had to remove cyl everytime I needed a 'purse item'.........

Thanks!

SherYes, I carry the Helios Marathon. The smaller unit is the Helios Plus.Helios Plus weighs 3.6 pounds filled and Marathon weighs 5.6 pounds.On demand they both make a clicking noise with each breath. I do thinkits rather annoying although use to it now. On continuous they don't.You do have tubing from your reservoir just like you do on aconcentrator. Its basically a different piece of equipment probablylocated in the same place in your apartment. Normally they are refilledweekly. The portable uses a cannula a bit different that what you're useto.As to weight and carrying them around only you can tell if the HeliosPlus is light enough to make it comfortable. There are shoulder carriersand backpacks. At some point if any are causing us back problems we haveto consider using a rolling cart of some sort.> >> > The Home Medical Oxygen Company has been here ALL day long> > testing my levels of oxygen and what they gave me yesterday IS NOT> > doing the job good enough. They took out the concentrator all> > together, and I am now on 100% PURE LIQUID OXYGEN from the humungous> > tank in my bedroom. #5 continuous, it goes to 10 too if I ever need> > it. I use the backpack which has been changed to a "marathon" whichI> > carry around the house without tubing following me everywhere I go.I> > am getting used to that. My oxy. level is now 97-98 and I am amazedat> > the last 6 months that no one suggested to me what I needed, nowonder> > I have become weak, and loss of breath when I eat and talk. If Ican't> > talk, forget it... hhheee> >> > Anyhow, that's what's going on in my world today and yesterday. Ifeel> > that my health really was starting to deteriote fast this past month> > with not getting enough. Therapist said I need at Least 5 continuous> > for right now. I won't miss that concentrator one single bit.> >> > Hope you all had a great day.> > Love, Lou> >>

Guest guest

Sher

I use the shoulder strap most of the time. I do intend to backpack it

some, but haven't so far. I do sometimes just pick it up by the handle.

Now, two big differences between it and a cylinder. A Helios must be

upright or on its back or anywhere in between. If it goes to its side of

face down it may well dump oxygen out. Second, it needs some

ventilation. It can't be put tight in a closed bag. Now loosely will

work or in a bag with vents.

Yes, the Marathon lasts longer. It also has more settings on continuous

as it goes up to 6 lpm continuous and 4 lpm on demand.

> > >

> > > The Home Medical Oxygen Company has been here ALL day long

> > > testing my levels of oxygen and what they gave me yesterday IS NOT

humungous

need

which

> I

go.

> I

amazed

> at

> wonder

> can't

> > >

> > > Anyhow, that's what's going on in my world today and yesterday. I

> feel

month

continuous

> > >

> > > Love, Lou

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Bruce....well I think I have enough info. to make a decision about liquid. I'm going to revisit the site you sent me and read more. I sure don't want lugging all that stuff upstairs again! Most of all, I want what will suit me best. I'm learning that sometimes changes are necessary too.

I do think my 'shopping bag' would work. It's open clear across the top and large enough for good ventilation. I'm going to ask to bring me a Helios Plus just to look at again, and put it in my bag and try it. I've just got to find something I can carry more easily. NO! No! No! I don't want to pull that damn cart around. I may have to one day.............and I certainly mean no disrespect or regard for those who pull the cart now. My time just hasn't come yet for me to be grateful for 'that cart'.....it will, 'cause I'm an old lady!

Chip went home...2 days ago. He doesn't look or feel better but dr says he is.

SherI use the shoulder strap most of the time. I do intend to backpack itsome, but haven't so far. I do sometimes just pick it up by the handle.Now, two big differences between it and a cylinder. A Helios must beupright or on its back or anywhere in between. If it goes to its side offace down it may well dump oxygen out. Second, it needs someventilation. It can't be put tight in a closed bag. Now loosely willwork or in a bag with vents.Yes, the Marathon lasts longer. It also has more settings on continuousas it goes up to 6 lpm continuous and 4 lpm on demand.> > >> > > The Home Medical Oxygen Company has been here ALL day long> > > testing my levels of oxygen and what they gave me yesterday IS NOT> > > doing the job good enough. They took out the concentrator all> > > together, and I am now on 100% PURE LIQUID OXYGEN from thehumungous> > > tank in my bedroom. #5 continuous, it goes to 10 too if I everneed> > > it. I use the backpack which has been changed to a "marathon"which> I> > > carry around the house without tubing following me everywhere Igo.> I> > > am getting used to that. My oxy. level is now 97-98 and I amamazed> at> > > the last 6 months that no one suggested to me what I needed, no> wonder> > > I have become weak, and loss of breath when I eat and talk. If I> can't> > > talk, forget it... hhheee> > >> > > Anyhow, that's what's going on in my world today and yesterday. I> feel> > > that my health really was starting to deteriote fast this pastmonth> > > with not getting enough. Therapist said I need at Least 5continuous> > > for right now. I won't miss that concentrator one single bit.> > >> > > Hope you all had a great day.> > > Love, Lou> > >> >>

Guest guest

Lou, Do you have access to Lin-care? They told me they would find us with O2 where ever we are. K IllinoisSher Bauman wrote: Lou....I'm so glad you have the O2 stuff taken care of! Those adjustments can be so tiring. I'm thinking seriously of going on liquid....the weight of the cyl I now carry is really giving my arthritis

fits! Thanks to Bruce, he gave me a sight to look at for correct filling, etc. so I will look carefully at that before I decide. Poor , the LinCare driver, pulled all that stuff up a flight of stairs and then I said, "I don't think so".......I told him today when he was here I'm reconsidering.....he gave me a itty bitty smile and said, ok. Yeah, no noise from concentrator will be nice won't it. I replied to your touching post....did you see it??? Take good care of you! hugs. Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08

OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! Here is the NEW deal for me.................................... The Home Medical Oxygen Company has been here ALL day long testing my levels of oxygen and what they gave me yesterday IS NOT doing the job good enough.

They took out the concentrator all together, and I am now on 100% PURE LIQUID OXYGEN from the humungous tank in my bedroom. #5 continuous, it goes to 10 too if I ever need it. I use the backpack which has been changed to a "marathon" which I carry around the house without tubing following me everywhere I go. I am getting used to that. My oxy. level is now 97-98 and I am amazed at the last 6 months that no one suggested to me what I needed, no wonder I have become weak, and loss of breath when I eat and talk. If I can't talk, forget it... hhheeeAnyhow, that's what's going on in my world today and yesterday. I feel that my health really was starting to deteriote fast this past month with not getting enough. Therapist said I need at Least 5 continuous for right now. I won't miss that concentrator one single bit.Hope you all had a great day.Love, Lou K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my

house, we will serve the Lord 14

Guest guest

K....I'm not always sure who your posts are intended for...sometimes your post doesn't match the person or subject line......but that's ok. I'll write anyway....

I have Lincare if I can be any help.....I don't know who Lou has so I jumped in here.

Here is the NEW deal for me....................................

The Home Medical Oxygen Company has been here ALL day long testing my levels of oxygen and what they gave me yesterday IS NOT doing the job good enough. They took out the concentrator all together, and I am now on 100% PURE LIQUID OXYGEN from the humungous tank in my bedroom. #5 continuous, it goes to 10 too if I ever need it. I use the backpack which has been changed to a "marathon" which I carry around the house without tubing following me everywhere I go. I am getting used to that. My oxy. level is now 97-98 and I am amazed at the last 6 months that no one suggested to me what I needed, no wonder I have become weak, and loss of breath when I eat and talk. If I can't talk, forget it... hhheeeAnyhow, that's what's going on in my world today and yesterday. I feel that my health really was starting to deteriote fast this past month with not getting enough. Therapist said I need at Least 5 continuous for right now. I won't miss that concentrator one single bit.Hope you all had a great day.Love, Lou

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

Guest guest

> > >

> > > The Home Medical Oxygen Company has been here ALL day

long

> > > testing my levels of oxygen and what they gave me yesterday IS

NOT

> > humungous

> > need

> > which I

> > go. I

> > amazed at

> > wonder

> > can't

> > >

> > > Anyhow, that's what's going on in my world today and yesterday.

I

> > feel

> > month

> > continuous

> > >

> > > Love, Lou

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Bruce,

I was just wanting to make sure I wasn't missing out on anything.

Thanks!

Toodles!

Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl

> > > >

> > > > The Home Medical Oxygen Company has been here ALL day

long

> > > > testing my levels of oxygen and what they gave me yesterday IS

NOT

> > > > doing the job good enough. They took out the concentrator all

> > > > together, and I am now on 100% PURE LIQUID OXYGEN from the

> > > humungous

> > > > tank in my bedroom. #5 continuous, it goes to 10 too if I ever

> > > need

> > > > it. I use the backpack which has been changed to a " marathon "

> > > which I

> > > > carry around the house without tubing following me everywhere I

> > > go. I

> > > > am getting used to that. My oxy. level is now 97-98 and I am

> > > amazed at

> > > > the last 6 months that no one suggested to me what I needed, no

> > > wonder

> > > > I have become weak, and loss of breath when I eat and talk. If I

> > > can't

> > > > talk, forget it... hhheee

> > > >

> > > > Anyhow, that's what's going on in my world today and yesterday.

I

> > > feel

> > > > that my health really was starting to deteriote fast this past

> > > month

> > > > with not getting enough. Therapist said I need at Least 5

> > > continuous

> > > > for right now. I won't miss that concentrator one single bit.

> > > >

> > > > Hope you all had a great day.

> > > > Love, Lou

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Even though the provider will provide 02 for travel and the destination....always take lots of tubing, connectors, gaskets, etc. I have gotten into some really sticky situations because of not making sufficient preparations up front.

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16

> Lou....I'm so glad you have the O2 stuff taken care of! Those adjustments can be so tiring.> I'm thinking seriously of going on liquid....the weight of the cyl I now carry is really giving my arthritis fits! > Thanks to Bruce, he gave me a sight to look at for correct filling, etc. so I will look carefully at that before I decide.> Poor , the LinCare driver, pulled all that stuff up a flight of stairs and then I said, "I don't think so".......I told him today when he was here I'm reconsidering.....he gave me a itty bitty smile and said, ok.> Yeah, no noise from concentrator will be nice won't it.> I replied to your touching post....did you see it???> Take good care of you!> hugs.> Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!> > Here is the NEW deal for me....................................> > > The Home Medical Oxygen Company has been here ALL day long > testing my levels of oxygen and what they gave me yesterday IS NOT > doing the job good enough. They took out the concentrator all > together, and I am now on 100% PURE LIQUID OXYGEN from the humungous > tank in my bedroom. #5 continuous, it goes to 10 too if I ever need > it. I use the backpack which has been changed to a "marathon" which I > carry around the house without tubing following me everywhere I go. I > am getting used to that. My oxy. level is now 97-98 and I am amazed at > the last 6 months that no one suggested to me what I needed, no wonder > I have become weak, and loss of breath when I eat and talk. If I can't > talk, forget it... hhheee> > Anyhow, that's what's going on in my world today and yesterday. I feel > that my health really was starting to deteriote fast this past month > with not getting enough. Therapist said I need at Least 5 continuous > for right now. I won't miss that concentrator one single bit.> > Hope you all had a great day.> Love, Lou> > > > > > > > > K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> 14> > > ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.>

Guest guest

Thanks for the info!!!!! Now I know what to ask for. K IllinoisJoyce wrote: , Even though the provider will provide 02 for travel and the destination....always take lots of tubing, connectors, gaskets, etc. I have gotten into some really sticky situations because of not making

sufficient preparations up front. Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16 > Lou....I'm so glad you have the O2 stuff taken care of!

Those adjustments can be so tiring.> I'm thinking seriously of going on liquid....the weight of the cyl I now carry is really giving my arthritis fits! > Thanks to Bruce, he gave me a sight to look at for correct filling, etc. so I will look carefully at that before I decide.> Poor , the LinCare driver, pulled all that stuff up a flight of stairs and then I said, "I don't think so".......I told him today when he was here I'm reconsidering.....he gave me a itty bitty smile and said, ok.> Yeah, no noise from concentrator will be nice won't it.> I replied to your touching post....did you see it???> Take good care of you!> hugs.> Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!> > Here is the NEW deal for me....................................> > > The Home Medical Oxygen Company has been here ALL day long > testing my levels of oxygen and what they gave me yesterday IS NOT > doing the job good enough. They took out the concentrator all > together, and I am now on 100% PURE LIQUID OXYGEN from the humungous > tank in my bedroom. #5 continuous, it goes to 10 too if I ever need > it. I use the backpack which has been changed to a "marathon" which I > carry around the house without tubing following me everywhere I go. I > am getting used to that. My oxy. level is now 97-98 and I am amazed at > the last 6 months that no one suggested to me what I needed, no wonder > I have become weak, and loss of breath when I eat and talk. If I can't > talk, forget it... hhheee> > Anyhow, that's what's going on in my

world today and yesterday. I feel > that my health really was starting to deteriote fast this past month > with not getting enough. Therapist said I need at Least 5 continuous > for right now. I won't miss that concentrator one single bit.> > Hope you all had a great day.> Love, Lou> > > > > > > > > K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> 14> > > ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.> K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As

for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14

Guest guest

Sher, You cannot put the Helios into any

closed bag...it needs to breathe!!!

The heat exchanger coils on the sides have to be open to the air...no

bag unless it is made of mesh!

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z 64,

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No, NSIP was not

self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to

Darah

and Sara

“I’m gonna be

iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

Sher Bauman wrote:

Bruce.....so

the Marathon lasts longer? Must because of size you mention.

Do you carry

yours by the handle? (no shoulder strap?) Do you find that convenient

when you're out and about? (The handle). Hmmmm.

I'm thinking

I may be able to put the plus into my open bag, sort of like a small

shopping bag. I tried that w/cyl and it didn't work...had to remove cyl

everytime I needed a 'purse item'.........

Thanks!

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP

4/08 OR.

Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

-----

Original Message -----

Bruce Moreland

To:

Breathe-Support

Sent:

Thursday, May 08, 2008 9:50 AM

Subject:

Sher

to.

> >

> > The Home Medical Oxygen Company has been here ALL day

long

> > testing my levels of oxygen and what they gave me yesterday

IS NOT

humungous

> > tank in my bedroom. #5 continuous, it goes to 10 too if I

ever need

> > it. I use the backpack which has been changed to a "marathon"

which

I

> > carry around the house without tubing following me everywhere

I go.

I

amazed

at

> > the last 6 months that no one suggested to me what I needed,

no

wonder

> > I have become weak, and loss of breath when I eat and talk.

If I

can't

> >

> > Anyhow, that's what's going on in my world today and

yesterday. I

feel

> > that my health really was starting to deteriote fast this

past month

continuous

> >

> > Love, Lou

> >

>

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 269.23.10/1421 - Release Date: 5/7/2008 5:23 PM

Guest guest

Z.....Oh! thanks for the info. Bruce said as much earlier but not as forceful as you just did. Well then, I won't try that!

Do you carry yours by the handle when out or a strap over the shoulder?

Thanks

SherYes, I carry the Helios Marathon. The smaller unit is the Helios Plus.Helios Plus weighs 3.6 pounds filled and Marathon weighs 5.6 pounds.On demand they both make a clicking noise with each breath. I do thinkits rather annoying although use to it now. On continuous they don't.You do have tubing from your reservoir just like you do on aconcentrator. Its basically a different piece of equipment probablylocated in the same place in your apartment. Normally they are refilledweekly. The portable uses a cannula a bit different that what you're useto.As to weight and carrying them around only you can tell if the HeliosPlus is light enough to make it comfortable. There are shoulder carriersand backpacks. At some point if any are causing us back problems we haveto consider using a rolling cart of some sort.> >> > The Home Medical Oxygen Company has been here ALL day long> > testing my levels of oxygen and what they gave me yesterday IS NOT> > doing the job good enough. They took out the concentrator all> > together, and I am now on 100% PURE LIQUID OXYGEN from the humungous> > tank in my bedroom. #5 continuous, it goes to 10 too if I ever need> > it. I use the backpack which has been changed to a "marathon" whichI> > carry around the house without tubing following me everywhere I go.I> > am getting used to that. My oxy. level is now 97-98 and I am amazedat> > the last 6 months that no one suggested to me what I needed, nowonder> > I have become weak, and loss of breath when I eat and talk. If Ican't> > talk, forget it... hhheee> >> > Anyhow, that's what's going on in my world today and yesterday. Ifeel> > that my health really was starting to deteriote fast this past month> > with not getting enough. Therapist said I need at Least 5 continuous> > for right now. I won't miss that concentrator one single bit.> >> > Hope you all had a great day.> > Love, Lou> >>

Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 269.23.10/1421 - Release Date: 5/7/2008 5:23 PM

Guest guest

Sher, I carry the Helios on my shoulder or

across body like a long strapped hand bag.

I also wear the strap around my waist and just have the Helios on my

hip when I have company.

The Helios comes with a carrier bag and two different straps..one is

wide and for me very uncomfortable

.. I use the narrow adjustable one for everything. Good luck...the

puffing sounds are annoying..so what!!!

You'll be out and doing!!!

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z 64,

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

No, NSIP was not

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to

Darah

and Sara

“I’m gonna be

iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

Sher Bauman wrote:

Z.....Oh! thanks for the info. Bruce said as much earlier but not as

forceful as you just did. Well then, I won't try that!

Do you carry

yours by the handle when out or a strap over the shoulder?

Thanks

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP

4/08 OR.

-----

Original Message -----

Zion

To:

Breathe-Support

Sent:

Thursday, May 08, 2008 8:30 PM

Subject:

Re: Re: Here is the NEW deal for me....................................

Sher, You cannot put the Helios

into any closed bag...it needs to breathe!!!

The heat exchanger coils on the sides have to be open to the air...no

bag unless it is made of mesh!

Z

64, fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

No, NSIP was not

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to Darah

and Sara

“I’m

gonna be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->

<!--[if

!supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->

Sher Bauman wrote:

Bruce.....so

the Marathon lasts longer? Must because of size you mention.

Do you

carry yours by the handle? (no shoulder strap?) Do you find that

convenient when you're out and about? (The handle). Hmmmm.

I'm

thinking I may be able to put the plus into my open bag, sort of like a

small shopping bag. I tried that w/cyl and it didn't work...had to

remove cyl everytime I needed a 'purse item'.........

Thanks!

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06,

NSIP 4/08 OR.

-----

Original Message -----

Bruce Moreland

To:

Breathe-Support

Sent:

Thursday, May 08, 2008 9:50 AM

Subject:

Sher

to.

> >

> > The Home Medical Oxygen Company has been here ALL day

long

> > testing my levels of oxygen and what they gave me yesterday

IS NOT

humungous

> > tank in my bedroom. #5 continuous, it goes to 10 too if I

ever need

> > it. I use the backpack which has been changed to a "marathon"

which

I

> > carry around the house without tubing following me everywhere

I go.

I

amazed

at

> > the last 6 months that no one suggested to me what I needed,

no

wonder

> > I have become weak, and loss of breath when I eat and talk.

If I

can't

> >

> > Anyhow, that's what's going on in my world today and

yesterday. I

feel

> > that my health really was starting to deteriote fast this

past month

continuous

> >

> > Love, Lou

> >

>

Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 269.23.11/1422 - Release Date: 5/8/2008 5:24 PM

Guest guest

/Sher

They have a waist carrying case for it as well. Suppose to reduce back

pressure. I couldn't get it to work, but lack of hips is my problem.

> >> > >

> >> > > The Home Medical Oxygen Company has been here ALL

> >> day long

> >> > > testing my levels of oxygen and what they gave me

> >> yesterday IS NOT

> >> > > doing the job good enough. They took out the concentrator all

> >> > > together, and I am now on 100% PURE LIQUID OXYGEN from

> >> the humungous

> >> > > tank in my bedroom. #5 continuous, it goes to 10 too if I

> >> ever need

> >> > > it. I use the backpack which has been changed to a

> >> " marathon " which

> >> I

> >> > > carry around the house without tubing following me

> >> everywhere I go.

> >> I

> >> > > am getting used to that. My oxy. level is now 97-98 and I

> >> am amazed

> >> at

> >> > > the last 6 months that no one suggested to me what I

> >> needed, no

> >> wonder

> >> > > I have become weak, and loss of breath when I eat and

> >> talk. If I

> >> can't

> >> > > talk, forget it... hhheee

> >> > >

> >> > > Anyhow, that's what's going on in my world today and

> >> yesterday. I

> >> feel

> >> > > that my health really was starting to deteriote fast this

> >> past month

> >> > > with not getting enough. Therapist said I need at Least 5

> >> continuous

> >> > > for right now. I won't miss that concentrator one single bit.

> >> > >

> >> > > Hope you all had a great day.

> >> > > Love, Lou

> >> > >

> >> >

> >>

>

>>----------------------------------------------------------------------\

--

> >>

> >>No virus found in this incoming message.

> >>Checked by AVG.

> >>Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 269.23.10/1421 - Release Date:

5/7/2008 5:23 PM

> >>

> >>

> >

> >

>

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------\

-

> >

> >No virus found in this incoming message.

> >Checked by AVG.

> >Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 269.23.11/1422 - Release Date:

5/8/2008 5:24 PM

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Bruce.....you say lack of hips is a problem?? hahaaahahaa, well, that ain't no problem for Mama!

/SherThey have a waist carrying case for it as well. Suppose to reduce backpressure. I couldn't get it to work, but lack of hips is my problem.> >> > >> >> > > The Home Medical Oxygen Company has been here ALL> >> day long> >> > > testing my levels of oxygen and what they gave me> >> yesterday IS NOT> >> > > doing the job good enough. They took out the concentrator all> >> > > together, and I am now on 100% PURE LIQUID OXYGEN from> >> the humungous> >> > > tank in my bedroom. #5 continuous, it goes to 10 too if I> >> ever need> >> > > it. I use the backpack which has been changed to a> >> "marathon" which> >> I> >> > > carry around the house without tubing following me> >> everywhere I go.> >> I> >> > > am getting used to that. My oxy. level is now 97-98 and I> >> am amazed> >> at> >> > > the last 6 months that no one suggested to me what I> >> needed, no> >> wonder> >> > > I have become weak, and loss of breath when I eat and> >> talk. If I> >> can't> >> > > talk, forget it... hhheee> >> > >> >> > > Anyhow, that's what's going on in my world today and> >> yesterday. I> >> feel> >> > > that my health really was starting to deteriote fast this> >> past month> >> > > with not getting enough. Therapist said I need at Least 5> >> continuous> >> > > for right now. I won't miss that concentrator one single bit.> >> > >> >> > > Hope you all had a great day.> >> > > Love, Lou> >> > >> >> >> >>>>>----------------------------------------------------------\--> >>> >>No virus found in this incoming message.> >>Checked by AVG.> >>Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 269.23.10/1421 - Release Date:5/7/2008 5:23 PM> >>> >>> >> >>>----------------------------------------------------------\-> >> >No virus found in this incoming message.> >Checked by AVG.> >Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 269.23.11/1422 - Release Date:5/8/2008 5:24 PM> >> >>