RemedySpot.com

Re: Hope All had a Happy Mother's Day

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Jane...your trip to see Underwood sounds fun. Well except the rain of course. I'm glad you were in the wheelchair. Trying to run would have not been a good thing.

Is your a worrier?

Take care. Hugs.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Hope All had a Happy Mother's Day

HI Everyone!

& I had a funny, outrageous Mother's Day, yesterday & today. We loaded up our car & left yesterday at 4 pm. Arrived at 's apt at about 7 pm. I made sure my Helios's Marathon was full before we left, packed my concentrator for the house, & put the POC in the car. When I got in the car, hooked up the POC & turned it on. Then she turned off the Helios.

About 7:30, we drove over to Opry Mills Mall, which is across the street from the Grand Ole Opry. The show we were going to started at 9:30. In the meantime, we walked a little in the mall and ate at a buffet restaurant. Parking places were so hard to find! We rode around & round looking for a handicapped parking place, We had been assured that there were 100 handicapped places across from the Grand Ole Opry. The first show started at 6:30 & ended at 9. No one was moving their cars out of any of those parking spaces. Eventually we found one a couple of rows over from the handicapped areas. Before leaving, I had picked up the wheelchair that my mother had used. I had to talk into letting me use the wheelchair. She did not want me to use it. I knew it was a long walk and up a gradual sloping hill. I was in the wheelchair and was pushing. We had a hard time getting around cars so that we could cross the street to the Grand Ole Opry. Eventually we made it across, up the little hill and then saw the ticket office. Our tickets were reserved and we were picking them up. ( was really worried about this). We got the tickets and sat in the long line. Garth held up the first show, because he was inducting Underwood into the Grand Ole Opry. That is why there were no handicapped parking places. Finally we went in, and found our section & seats, ground floor! Really good seats. We were told the wheelchair had to be stored at the front door ( worried about this, too) and when she came back, they had given her a number so we could pick it up. The show started. Everyone was taking pictures, so we did, too. It was being broadcast live on TV & radio, so we had many commercials. Underwood was magnificent! Her voice has really improved since she won American Idol. Then the Square Dancers came back on, and & Vince Dill danced with them, too. After left the stage, I noticed many people got up and left. & I left a few minutes later, before the last segment of the show (it was 12:30 am our time) went in the gift shop looked around. bought a Underwood poster. At the checkout line, I noticed some people were buying rain ponchos. Now I wondered about that. I left and went to get the wheelchair at the front door. RAIN! The gift shop had sold out of rain ponchos. (It's hard to be prepared for everything, especially with carrying O2). came back and I was sitting in the wheelchair. (12:30 am our time) We decided to make a run for it, actually was doing the running as I was riding. Soaking wet! All the way! We went down the hill and to the parking lot and couldn't find the car. had put her new poster under her shirt. was so aggravated because we couldn't find the car. Eventually we found it, but we were soooo wet! Then poor was trying to put the wheel chair in the trunk and it can be tricky. Fortunately, I was still using the Helios and left the POC in the car. By 1:30 am, we were back at 's apartment and it was still raining. Didn't matter because we were already wet. This morning when we were getting ready to leave, I tried the Helios and it was still working! I used it when we went to eat at the Cracker Barrel before driving to Dalton. I filled up that Helios yesterday. Every time I got in the car, I used the POC. We had such a whacky weekend! & I were sleeping in her bed together and early this morning, she started patting my hair, and I said what is it? started talking to Max. I told her, I'm not Max! She was talking in her sleep. We are still giggling about that.

Time for bed. 1:30 am early this morning? UGH!

Toodles!

Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl

Guest guest

Hi Mama-Sher,

Yes, IS a worrier, which she inherited from me, of course. I have tried to give up that worrying. I read where you had a nice Mother's Day with your family. How is Chip doing in the hospital? I haven't heard anything lately.

Take care.

Toodles!

Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalotn, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl>> Jane...your trip to see Underwood sounds fun. Well except the rain of course. I'm glad you were in the wheelchair. Trying to run would have not been a good thing.> Is your a worrier?> Take care. Hugs.> > > Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!> > Hope All had a Happy Mother's Day> > > > HI Everyone!> > & I had a funny, outrageous Mother's Day, yesterday & today. We loaded up our car & left yesterday at 4 pm. Arrived at 's apt at about 7 pm. I made sure my Helios's Marathon was full before we left, packed my concentrator for the house, & put the POC in the car. When I got in the car, hooked up the POC & turned it on. Then she turned off the Helios.> > About 7:30, we drove over to Opry Mills Mall, which is across the street from the Grand Ole Opry. The show we were going to started at 9:30. In the meantime, we walked a little in the mall and ate at a buffet restaurant. Parking places were so hard to find! We rode around & round looking for a handicapped parking place, We had been assured that there were 100 handicapped places across from the Grand Ole Opry. The first show started at 6:30 & ended at 9. No one was moving their cars out of any of those parking spaces. Eventually we found one a couple of rows over from the handicapped areas. Before leaving, I had picked up the wheelchair that my mother had used. I had to talk into letting me use the wheelchair. She did not want me to use it. I knew it was a long walk and up a gradual sloping hill. I was in the wheelchair and was pushing. We had a hard time getting around cars so that we could cross the street to the Grand Ole Opry. Eventually we made it across, up the little hill and then saw the ticket office. Our tickets were reserved and we were picking them up. ( was really worried about this). We got the tickets and sat in the long line. Garth held up the first show, because he was inducting Underwood into the Grand Ole Opry. That is why there were no handicapped parking places. Finally we went in, and found our section & seats, ground floor! Really good seats. We were told the wheelchair had to be stored at the front door ( worried about this, too) and when she came back, they had given her a number so we could pick it up. The show started. Everyone was taking pictures, so we did, too. It was being broadcast live on TV & radio, so we had many commercials. Underwood was magnificent! Her voice has really improved since she won American Idol. Then the Square Dancers came back on, and & Vince Dill danced with them, too. After left the stage, I noticed many people got up and left. & I left a few minutes later, before the last segment of the show (it was 12:30 am our time) went in the gift shop looked around. bought a Underwood poster. At the checkout line, I noticed some people were buying rain ponchos. Now I wondered about that. I left and went to get the wheelchair at the front door. RAIN! The gift shop had sold out of rain ponchos. (It's hard to be prepared for everything, especially with carrying O2). came back and I was sitting in the wheelchair. (12:30 am our time) We decided to make a run for it, actually was doing the running as I was riding. Soaking wet! All the way! We went down the hill and to the parking lot and couldn't find the car. had put her new poster under her shirt. was so aggravated because we couldn't find the car. Eventually we found it, but we were soooo wet! Then poor was trying to put the wheel chair in the trunk and it can be tricky. Fortunately, I was still using the Helios and left the POC in the car. By 1:30 am, we were back at 's apartment and it was still raining. Didn't matter because we were already wet. This morning when we were getting ready to leave, I tried the Helios and it was still working! I used it when we went to eat at the Cracker Barrel before driving to Dalton. I filled up that Helios yesterday. Every time I got in the car, I used the POC. We had such a whacky weekend! & I were sleeping in her bed together and early this morning, she started patting my hair, and I said what is it? started talking to Max. I told her, I'm not Max! She was talking in her sleep. We are still giggling about that.> > Time for bed. 1:30 am early this morning? UGH!> > Toodles!> > Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl>

Guest guest

Jane,

You had quite the adventure going to the concert didn't you? You amaze me girlfriend! I'm so glad you got to go. Count me as another Underwood fan. She's pretty awesome isn't she?

Love,

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Hope All had a Happy Mother's Day> > > > HI Everyone!> > & I had a funny, outrageous Mother's Day, yesterday & today. We loaded up our car & left yesterday at 4 pm.

Arrived at 's apt at about 7 pm. I made sure my Helios's Marathon was full before we left, packed my concentrator for the house, & put the POC in the car. When I got in the car, hooked up the POC & turned it on. Then she turned off the Helios.> > About 7:30, we drove over to Opry Mills Mall, which is across the street from the Grand Ole Opry. The show we were going to started at 9:30. In the meantime, we walked a little in the mall and ate at a buffet restaurant. Parking places were so hard to find! We rode around & round looking for a handicapped parking place, We had been assured that there were 100 handicapped places across from the Grand Ole Opry. The first show started at 6:30 & ended at 9. No one was moving their cars out of any of those parking spaces. Eventually we found one a couple of rows over from the handicapped areas. Before leaving, I had picked up the wheelchair that my mother had used. I had to

talk into letting me use the wheelchair. She did not want me to use it. I knew it was a long walk and up a gradual sloping hill. I was in the wheelchair and was pushing. We had a hard time getting around cars so that we could cross the street to the Grand Ole Opry. Eventually we made it across, up the little hill and then saw the ticket office. Our tickets were reserved and we were picking them up. ( was really worried about this). We got the tickets and sat in the long line. Garth held up the first show, because he was inducting Underwood into the Grand Ole Opry. That is why there were no handicapped parking places. Finally we went in, and found our section & seats, ground floor! Really good seats. We were told the wheelchair had to be stored at the front door ( worried about this, too) and when she came back, they had given her a number so we could pick it up. The show started. Everyone was taking

pictures, so we did, too. It was being broadcast live on TV & radio, so we had many commercials. Underwood was magnificent! Her voice has really improved since she won American Idol. Then the Square Dancers came back on, and & Vince Dill danced with them, too. After left the stage, I noticed many people got up and left. & I left a few minutes later, before the last segment of the show (it was 12:30 am our time) went in the gift shop looked around. bought a Underwood poster. At the checkout line, I noticed some people were buying rain ponchos. Now I wondered about that. I left and went to get the wheelchair at the front door. RAIN! The gift shop had sold out of rain ponchos. (It's hard to be prepared for everything, especially with carrying O2). came back and I was sitting in the wheelchair. (12:30 am our time) We decided to make a run for it, actually was doing the running as I was riding.

Soaking wet! All the way! We went down the hill and to the parking lot and couldn't find the car. had put her new poster under her shirt. was so aggravated because we couldn't find the car. Eventually we found it, but we were soooo wet! Then poor was trying to put the wheel chair in the trunk and it can be tricky. Fortunately, I was still using the Helios and left the POC in the car. By 1:30 am, we were back at 's apartment and it was still raining. Didn't matter because we were already wet. This morning when we were getting ready to leave, I tried the Helios and it was still working! I used it when we went to eat at the Cracker Barrel before driving to Dalton. I filled up that Helios yesterday. Every time I got in the car, I used the POC. We had such a whacky weekend! & I were sleeping in her bed together and early this morning, she started patting my hair, and I said what is it? started talking to Max. I told

her, I'm not Max! She was talking in her sleep. We are still giggling about that.> > Time for bed. 1:30 am early this morning? UGH!> > Toodles!> > Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl>

Guest guest

Jane....Chip went home about 3 days ago. He is doing better. In fact Lysa (daughter) said he was out at the store yesterday...needed fresh air, and to get out. He is still weak but we're glad he is still alive. Thanks for asking.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Hope All had a Happy Mother's Day> > > > HI Everyone!> > & I had a funny, outrageous Mother's Day, yesterday & today. We loaded up our car & left yesterday at 4 pm. Arrived at 's apt at about 7 pm. I made sure my Helios's Marathon was full before we left, packed my concentrator for the house, & put the POC in the car. When I got in the car, hooked up the POC & turned it on. Then she turned off the Helios.> > About 7:30, we drove over to Opry Mills Mall, which is across the street from the Grand Ole Opry. The show we were going to started at 9:30. In the meantime, we walked a little in the mall and ate at a buffet restaurant. Parking places were so hard to find! We rode around & round looking for a handicapped parking place, We had been assured that there were 100 handicapped places across from the Grand Ole Opry. The first show started at 6:30 & ended at 9. No one was moving their cars out of any of those parking spaces. Eventually we found one a couple of rows over from the handicapped areas. Before leaving, I had picked up the wheelchair that my mother had used. I had to talk into letting me use the wheelchair. She did not want me to use it. I knew it was a long walk and up a gradual sloping hill. I was in the wheelchair and was pushing. We had a hard time getting around cars so that we could cross the street to the Grand Ole Opry. Eventually we made it across, up the little hill and then saw the ticket office. Our tickets were reserved and we were picking them up. ( was really worried about this). We got the tickets and sat in the long line. Garth held up the first show, because he was inducting Underwood into the Grand Ole Opry. That is why there were no handicapped parking places. Finally we went in, and found our section & seats, ground floor! Really good seats. We were told the wheelchair had to be stored at the front door ( worried about this, too) and when she came back, they had given her a number so we could pick it up. The show started. Everyone was taking pictures, so we did, too. It was being broadcast live on TV & radio, so we had many commercials. Underwood was magnificent! Her voice has really improved since she won American Idol. Then the Square Dancers came back on, and & Vince Dill danced with them, too. After left the stage, I noticed many people got up and left. & I left a few minutes later, before the last segment of the show (it was 12:30 am our time) went in the gift shop looked around. bought a Underwood poster. At the checkout line, I noticed some people were buying rain ponchos. Now I wondered about that. I left and went to get the wheelchair at the front door. RAIN! The gift shop had sold out of rain ponchos. (It's hard to be prepared for everything, especially with carrying O2). came back and I was sitting in the wheelchair. (12:30 am our time) We decided to make a run for it, actually was doing the running as I was riding. Soaking wet! All the way! We went down the hill and to the parking lot and couldn't find the car. had put her new poster under her shirt. was so aggravated because we couldn't find the car. Eventually we found it, but we were soooo wet! Then poor was trying to put the wheel chair in the trunk and it can be tricky. Fortunately, I was still using the Helios and left the POC in the car. By 1:30 am, we were back at 's apartment and it was still raining. Didn't matter because we were already wet. This morning when we were getting ready to leave, I tried the Helios and it was still working! I used it when we went to eat at the Cracker Barrel before driving to Dalton. I filled up that Helios yesterday. Every time I got in the car, I used the POC. We had such a whacky weekend! & I were sleeping in her bed together and early this morning, she started patting my hair, and I said what is it? started talking to Max. I told her, I'm not Max! She was talking in her sleep. We are still giggling about that.> > Time for bed. 1:30 am early this morning? UGH!> > Toodles!> > Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl>

Guest guest

Thanks, MB! I want to try to go more even though it is hard on whomever goes with me. One of my friends wants me to pick her up and take her to work when she takes her car to get fixed. hasn't really done the wheelchair thing before. Riding in the wheelchair saved up the liquid in my Helios. Thank goodness I left the POC in the car!

Toodles!

Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl

> >> > Jane...your trip to see Underwood sounds fun. Well except the rain of course. I'm glad you were in the wheelchair. Trying to run would have not been a good thing.> > Is your a worrier?> > Take care. Hugs.> > > > > > Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.> > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!> > > > Hope All had a Happy Mother's Day> > > > > > > > HI Everyone!> > > > & I had a funny, outrageous Mother's Day, yesterday & today. We loaded up our car & left yesterday at 4 pm. Arrived at 's apt at about 7 pm. I made sure my Helios's Marathon was full before we left, packed my concentrator for the house, & put the POC in the car. When I got in the car, hooked up the POC & turned it on. Then she turned off the Helios.> > > > About 7:30, we drove over to Opry Mills Mall, which is across the street from the Grand Ole Opry. The show we were going to started at 9:30. In the meantime, we walked a little in the mall and ate at a buffet restaurant. Parking places were so hard to find! We rode around & round looking for a handicapped parking place, We had been assured that there were 100 handicapped places across from the Grand Ole Opry. The first show started at 6:30 & ended at 9. No one was moving their cars out of any of those parking spaces. Eventually we found one a couple of rows over from the handicapped areas. Before leaving, I had picked up the wheelchair that my mother had used. I had to talk into letting me use the wheelchair. She did not want me to use it. I knew it was a long walk and up a gradual sloping hill. I was in the wheelchair and was pushing. We had a hard time getting around cars so that we could cross the street to the Grand Ole Opry. Eventually> we made it across, up the little hill and then saw the ticket office. Our tickets were reserved and we were picking them up. ( was really worried about this). We got the tickets and sat in the long line. Garth held up the first show, because he was inducting Underwood into the Grand Ole Opry. That is why there were no handicapped parking places. Finally we went in, and found our section & seats, ground floor! Really good seats. We were told the wheelchair had to be stored at the front door ( worried about this, too) and when she came back, they had given her a number so we could pick it up. The show started. Everyone was taking pictures, so we did, too. It was being broadcast live on TV & radio, so we had many commercials. Underwood was magnificent! Her voice has really improved since she won American Idol. Then the Square Dancers came back on, and & Vince Dill danced with them, too. After left the> stage, I noticed many people got up and left. & I left a few minutes later, before the last segment of the show (it was 12:30 am our time) went in the gift shop looked around. bought a Underwood poster. At the checkout line, I noticed some people were buying rain ponchos. Now I wondered about that. I left and went to get the wheelchair at the front door. RAIN! The gift shop had sold out of rain ponchos. (It's hard to be prepared for everything, especially with carrying O2). came back and I was sitting in the wheelchair. (12:30 am our time) We decided to make a run for it, actually was doing the running as I was riding. Soaking wet! All the way! We went down the hill and to the parking lot and couldn't find the car. had put her new poster under her shirt. was so aggravated because we couldn't find the car. Eventually we found it, but we were soooo wet! Then poor was trying to put the wheel chair in the> trunk and it can be tricky. Fortunately, I was still using the Helios and left the POC in the car. By 1:30 am, we were back at 's apartment and it was still raining. Didn't matter because we were already wet. This morning when we were getting ready to leave, I tried the Helios and it was still working! I used it when we went to eat at the Cracker Barrel before driving to Dalton. I filled up that Helios yesterday. Every time I got in the car, I used the POC. We had such a whacky weekend! & I were sleeping in her bed together and early this morning, she started patting my hair, and I said what is it? started talking to Max. I told her, I'm not Max! She was talking in her sleep. We are still giggling about that.> > > > Time for bed. 1:30 am early this morning? UGH!> > > > Toodles!> > > > Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl> >>

Guest guest

MB/Jane

Count me in too....I think there are some American Idol performers that

embody so much good-talent wise and personally. I truly think of her as

deserving to be called an American Idol. This year I see that quality in

Cook, just a good person with talent, but natural, appreciative of

his good fortune, and humble. Still caring and somehow you feel they

will never change. I'm glad when the winners are such quality people in

addition to their artistry. I look at son as the first, and

never a second of anything bad around her. Then while I think Reuben was

decent, in year two, look at the money Clay has raised to help

handicapped kids and he delayed his album while serving Unicef and then

look at Locke who delayed really the start of her career for

her trips to Africa to help others. Then there is and I hope this

year, Cook.

I think it so easy to look at or and wish they were your

child.....one would be very proud.

> >

> > Jane...your trip to see Underwood sounds fun. Well except the

rain of course. I'm glad you were in the wheelchair. Trying to run would

have not been a good thing.

> > Is your a worrier?

> > Take care. Hugs.

> >

> >

> > Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.

> > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

> >

> > Hope All had a Happy Mother's Day

> >

> >

> >

> > HI Everyone!

> >

> > & I had a funny, outrageous Mother's Day, yesterday & today.

We loaded up our car & left yesterday at 4 pm. Arrived at 's apt at

about 7 pm. I made sure my Helios's Marathon was full before we left,

packed my concentrator for the house, & put the POC in the car. When I

got in the car, hooked up the POC & turned it on. Then she turned

off the Helios.

> >

> > About 7:30, we drove over to Opry Mills Mall, which is across the

street from the Grand Ole Opry. The show we were going to started at

9:30. In the meantime, we walked a little in the mall and ate at a

buffet restaurant. Parking places were so hard to find! We rode around &

round looking for a handicapped parking place, We had been assured that

there were 100 handicapped places across from the Grand Ole Opry. The

first show started at 6:30 & ended at 9. No one was moving their cars

out of any of those parking spaces. Eventually we found one a couple of

rows over from the handicapped areas. Before leaving, I had picked up

the wheelchair that my mother had used. I had to talk into letting

me use the wheelchair. She did not want me to use it. I knew it was a

long walk and up a gradual sloping hill. I was in the wheelchair and

was pushing. We had a hard time getting around cars so that we

could cross the street to the Grand Ole Opry. Eventually

> we made it across, up the little hill and then saw the ticket

office. Our tickets were reserved and we were picking them up. (

was really worried about this). We got the tickets and sat in the long

line. Garth held up the first show, because he was inducting

Underwood into the Grand Ole Opry. That is why there were no

handicapped parking places. Finally we went in, and found our section &

seats, ground floor! Really good seats. We were told the wheelchair had

to be stored at the front door ( worried about this, too) and when

she came back, they had given her a number so we could pick it up. The

show started. Everyone was taking pictures, so we did, too. It was being

broadcast live on TV & radio, so we had many commercials.

Underwood was magnificent! Her voice has really improved since she won

American Idol. Then the Square Dancers came back on, and & Vince

Dill danced with them, too. After left the

> stage, I noticed many people got up and left. & I left a few

minutes later, before the last segment of the show (it was 12:30 am our

time) went in the gift shop looked around. bought a

Underwood poster. At the checkout line, I noticed some people were

buying rain ponchos. Now I wondered about that. I left and went to get

the wheelchair at the front door. RAIN! The gift shop had sold out of

rain ponchos. (It's hard to be prepared for everything, especially with

carrying O2). came back and I was sitting in the wheelchair.

(12:30 am our time) We decided to make a run for it, actually was

doing the running as I was riding. Soaking wet! All the way! We went

down the hill and to the parking lot and couldn't find the car.

had put her new poster under her shirt. was so aggravated because

we couldn't find the car. Eventually we found it, but we were soooo wet!

Then poor was trying to put the wheel chair in the

> trunk and it can be tricky. Fortunately, I was still using the Helios

and left the POC in the car. By 1:30 am, we were back at 's

apartment and it was still raining. Didn't matter because we were

already wet. This morning when we were getting ready to leave, I tried

the Helios and it was still working! I used it when we went to eat at

the Cracker Barrel before driving to Dalton. I filled up that Helios

yesterday. Every time I got in the car, I used the POC. We had such a

whacky weekend! & I were sleeping in her bed together and early

this morning, she started patting my hair, and I said what is it?

started talking to Max. I told her, I'm not Max! She was talking in her

sleep. We are still giggling about that.

> >

> > Time for bed. 1:30 am early this morning? UGH!

> >

> > Toodles!

> >

> > Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl

> >

>

Guest guest

Bruce,

Tomorrow night after the Idol Show, I will be voting for both s.

Jane

> > >

> > > Jane...your trip to see Underwood sounds fun. Well except

the

> rain of course. I'm glad you were in the wheelchair. Trying to run

would

> have not been a good thing.

> > > Is your a worrier?

> > > Take care. Hugs.

> > >

> > >

> > > Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.

> > > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

> > >

> > > Hope All had a Happy Mother's Day

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > HI Everyone!

> > >

> > > & I had a funny, outrageous Mother's Day, yesterday & today.

> We loaded up our car & left yesterday at 4 pm. Arrived at 's apt

at

> about 7 pm. I made sure my Helios's Marathon was full before we left,

> packed my concentrator for the house, & put the POC in the car. When I

> got in the car, hooked up the POC & turned it on. Then she

turned

> off the Helios.

> > >

> > > About 7:30, we drove over to Opry Mills Mall, which is across the

> street from the Grand Ole Opry. The show we were going to started at

> 9:30. In the meantime, we walked a little in the mall and ate at a

> buffet restaurant. Parking places were so hard to find! We rode around

&

> round looking for a handicapped parking place, We had been assured

that

> there were 100 handicapped places across from the Grand Ole Opry. The

> first show started at 6:30 & ended at 9. No one was moving their cars

> out of any of those parking spaces. Eventually we found one a couple

of

> rows over from the handicapped areas. Before leaving, I had picked up

> the wheelchair that my mother had used. I had to talk into

letting

> me use the wheelchair. She did not want me to use it. I knew it was a

> long walk and up a gradual sloping hill. I was in the wheelchair and

> was pushing. We had a hard time getting around cars so that we

> could cross the street to the Grand Ole Opry. Eventually

> > we made it across, up the little hill and then saw the ticket

> office. Our tickets were reserved and we were picking them up. (

> was really worried about this). We got the tickets and sat in the long

> line. Garth held up the first show, because he was inducting

> Underwood into the Grand Ole Opry. That is why there were no

> handicapped parking places. Finally we went in, and found our section

&

> seats, ground floor! Really good seats. We were told the wheelchair

had

> to be stored at the front door ( worried about this, too) and

when

> she came back, they had given her a number so we could pick it up. The

> show started. Everyone was taking pictures, so we did, too. It was

being

> broadcast live on TV & radio, so we had many commercials.

> Underwood was magnificent! Her voice has really improved since she won

> American Idol. Then the Square Dancers came back on, and &

Vince

> Dill danced with them, too. After left the

> > stage, I noticed many people got up and left. & I left a few

> minutes later, before the last segment of the show (it was 12:30 am

our

> time) went in the gift shop looked around. bought a

> Underwood poster. At the checkout line, I noticed some people were

> buying rain ponchos. Now I wondered about that. I left and went to get

> the wheelchair at the front door. RAIN! The gift shop had sold out of

> rain ponchos. (It's hard to be prepared for everything, especially

with

> carrying O2). came back and I was sitting in the wheelchair.

> (12:30 am our time) We decided to make a run for it, actually

was

> doing the running as I was riding. Soaking wet! All the way! We went

> down the hill and to the parking lot and couldn't find the car.

> had put her new poster under her shirt. was so aggravated

because

> we couldn't find the car. Eventually we found it, but we were soooo

wet!

> Then poor was trying to put the wheel chair in the

> > trunk and it can be tricky. Fortunately, I was still using the

Helios

> and left the POC in the car. By 1:30 am, we were back at 's

> apartment and it was still raining. Didn't matter because we were

> already wet. This morning when we were getting ready to leave, I tried

> the Helios and it was still working! I used it when we went to eat at

> the Cracker Barrel before driving to Dalton. I filled up that Helios

> yesterday. Every time I got in the car, I used the POC. We had such a

> whacky weekend! & I were sleeping in her bed together and early

> this morning, she started patting my hair, and I said what is it?

> started talking to Max. I told her, I'm not Max! She was talking in

her

> sleep. We are still giggling about that.

> > >

> > > Time for bed. 1:30 am early this morning? UGH!

> > >

> > > Toodles!

> > >

> > > Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Jane

Only vote I'd give Archuleta would be one to provide him a new

father and lock the current one up in prison for making his kid's life

miserable. I don't believe he enjoys one moment of performing, he

suffers from huge stage fright and is scared to talk. But his father

started this when he was 5 or so, had him on star search at 10 (Jeff

Archuleta banned there too and Naomi Judd says worse stage father she's

ever seen) and now here he is, not where he wants to be or being himself

but the pageant contestant his father has created. I don't honestly know

which will be worse for him, if he wins or loses. I know its a terribly

sad situation. Unfortunately, we don't know Archuleta at all and

never will. We've never met him, just the creation of a father promoting

himself as a Musician Consultant since his own musical career failed.

> > > >

> > > > Jane...your trip to see Underwood sounds fun. Well except

> the

> > rain of course. I'm glad you were in the wheelchair. Trying to run

> would

> > have not been a good thing.

> > > > Is your a worrier?

> > > > Take care. Hugs.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.

> > > > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

> > > >

> > > > Hope All had a Happy Mother's Day

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > HI Everyone!

> > > >

> > > > & I had a funny, outrageous Mother's Day, yesterday &

today.

> > We loaded up our car & left yesterday at 4 pm. Arrived at 's

apt

> at

> > about 7 pm. I made sure my Helios's Marathon was full before we

left,

> > packed my concentrator for the house, & put the POC in the car. When

I

> > got in the car, hooked up the POC & turned it on. Then she

> turned

> > off the Helios.

> > > >

> > > > About 7:30, we drove over to Opry Mills Mall, which is across

the

> > street from the Grand Ole Opry. The show we were going to started at

> > 9:30. In the meantime, we walked a little in the mall and ate at a

> > buffet restaurant. Parking places were so hard to find! We rode

around

> &

> > round looking for a handicapped parking place, We had been assured

> that

> > there were 100 handicapped places across from the Grand Ole Opry.

The

> > first show started at 6:30 & ended at 9. No one was moving their

cars

> > out of any of those parking spaces. Eventually we found one a couple

> of

> > rows over from the handicapped areas. Before leaving, I had picked

up

> > the wheelchair that my mother had used. I had to talk into

> letting

> > me use the wheelchair. She did not want me to use it. I knew it was

a

> > long walk and up a gradual sloping hill. I was in the wheelchair and

> > was pushing. We had a hard time getting around cars so that we

> > could cross the street to the Grand Ole Opry. Eventually

> > > we made it across, up the little hill and then saw the

ticket

> > office. Our tickets were reserved and we were picking them up.

(

> > was really worried about this). We got the tickets and sat in the

long

> > line. Garth held up the first show, because he was inducting

> > Underwood into the Grand Ole Opry. That is why there were no

> > handicapped parking places. Finally we went in, and found our

section

> &

> > seats, ground floor! Really good seats. We were told the wheelchair

> had

> > to be stored at the front door ( worried about this, too) and

> when

> > she came back, they had given her a number so we could pick it up.

The

> > show started. Everyone was taking pictures, so we did, too. It was

> being

> > broadcast live on TV & radio, so we had many commercials.

> > Underwood was magnificent! Her voice has really improved since she

won

> > American Idol. Then the Square Dancers came back on, and &

> Vince

> > Dill danced with them, too. After left the

> > > stage, I noticed many people got up and left. & I left a few

> > minutes later, before the last segment of the show (it was 12:30 am

> our

> > time) went in the gift shop looked around. bought a

> > Underwood poster. At the checkout line, I noticed some people were

> > buying rain ponchos. Now I wondered about that. I left and went to

get

> > the wheelchair at the front door. RAIN! The gift shop had sold out

of

> > rain ponchos. (It's hard to be prepared for everything, especially

> with

> > carrying O2). came back and I was sitting in the wheelchair.

> > (12:30 am our time) We decided to make a run for it, actually

> was

> > doing the running as I was riding. Soaking wet! All the way! We went

> > down the hill and to the parking lot and couldn't find the car.

> > had put her new poster under her shirt. was so aggravated

> because

> > we couldn't find the car. Eventually we found it, but we were soooo

> wet!

> > Then poor was trying to put the wheel chair in the

> > > trunk and it can be tricky. Fortunately, I was still using the

> Helios

> > and left the POC in the car. By 1:30 am, we were back at 's

> > apartment and it was still raining. Didn't matter because we were

> > already wet. This morning when we were getting ready to leave, I

tried

> > the Helios and it was still working! I used it when we went to eat

at

> > the Cracker Barrel before driving to Dalton. I filled up that Helios

> > yesterday. Every time I got in the car, I used the POC. We had such

a

> > whacky weekend! & I were sleeping in her bed together and

early

> > this morning, she started patting my hair, and I said what is it?

>

> > started talking to Max. I told her, I'm not Max! She was talking in

> her

> > sleep. We are still giggling about that.

> > > >

> > > > Time for bed. 1:30 am early this morning? UGH!

> > > >

> > > > Toodles!

> > > >

> > > > Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl

> > > >

> > >

> >

>