RemedySpot.com

Re: My first car trip on oxygen therapy Power Inverters

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Fay

Here is a site showing the broad range of power inverters available for cars, some clearly large enough to handle a concentrator.

http://www.4lots.com/power_inverter/power_inverters.htm--- In Breathe-Support , "Bruce Moreland" wrote:>> > Fay> > Oxlife has concentrators designed for 12 volt as well. They even sell> their own inverter. The small unit requires a 70 amp alternator and the> large unit requires 120 amps. Also, their small unit weighs only 32> pounds.> > http://www.tri-medinc.com/TM/page15.html> <http://www.tri-medinc.com/TM/page15.html>> > > > > > >> > > > Hi list friends,> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > When I joined this group a couple of months ago, I was asking> about> > > > portable o2 concentrators and the logistics of traveling with> > oxygen.> > > > Thanks for all your responses.> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > Anyway, I bought a Sequal II-Eclipse portable concentrator. It> puts> > > out> > > > 1-6 liters on pulse and up to 3 on continuous. I need 6 on> exertion,> > > but> > > > do fine riding in a car with the lower rate. Since most of my> travel> > > > would be riding and visiting with very little exertion, I felt> this> > > would> > > > work for me. We took 6 E-tanks as back up (for a 10-day trip) and> > one> > > big> > > > M-tank. The battery lasts about 2 hours, and recharges itself> > plugged> > > > into the cigarette lighter. My husband did have to have another> > > cigarette> > > > lighter outlet put in the back seat because of the other stuff> > plugged> > > in> > > > the front (phone ad GPS) The newer cars can probably handle the> > > voltage (or> > > > amps) need to run and recharge the Eclipse.> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > My husband wanted to take my big, heavy, home concentrator, but I> > > nixed> > > > that idea. I only ran out of battery power one time, but had the> > back> > > up> > > > E-tank in the car. The battery charges pretty quickly if the> machine> > > is> > > > not turned on, but will take longer if you are using it and> > recharging> > > it> > > > at the same time. I should have taken the big concentrator because> > the> > > > longer hose would have made it easier to get around the motel room> > > ,into> > > > the bathroom, take a shower, and get around friends houses,> without> > > > having to drag around the Eclipse. Also, found out you can only> use> > > the 7> > > > ft hose that comes with the Eclipse because it won't work on a> pulse> > > > setting with a longer hose. But, all in all, I used that Eclipse> > > almost> > > > continuously for 10 days, and it didn't fail me at all. I really> > > didn't> > > > need the big M-tank at all.> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > I just got my issue of the newletter put out by the Pulmonary> > Fibrosis> > > org> > > > and on the cover was a photo of several 02 travelers. I noted that> > all> > > 5 of> > > > them had a Sequal Eclipse POC.> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > Didn't mean to go on and on - but maybe this will help someone> else> > as> > > the> > > > plan a car trip.> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > Sue D.> > > >> > > > 62 yr old, Fibrotic NSIP dx 9/07, VA> > > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > K> > > Central Il> > > Hubby ipf- 2006> > > As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> > > 14> > >> > >> > > ------------ --------- --------- ---> > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.> Try> > it now.> > >> >> >> >> >> >> ________________________________________________________________________\> ____________> > Be a better friend, newshound, and> > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.> http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ> >>

Guest guest

Bruce

Thanks, interesting stuff. No reason not to travel. Have a good trip and be safe!

Fay IPF06/06 IL

Fay

Here is a site showing the broad range of power inverters available for cars, some clearly large enough to handle a concentrator.

http://www.4lots. com/power_ inverter/ power_inverters. htm> > > >> > > > Hi list friends,> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > When I joined this group a couple of months ago, I was asking> about> > > >

portable o2 concentrators and the logistics of traveling with> > oxygen.> > > > Thanks for all your responses.> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > Anyway, I bought a Sequal II-Eclipse portable concentrator. It> puts> > > out> > > > 1-6 liters on pulse and up to 3 on continuous. I need 6 on> exertion,> > > but> > > > do fine riding in a car with the lower rate. Since most of my> travel> > > > would be riding and visiting with very little exertion, I felt> this> > > would> > > > work for me. We took 6 E-tanks as back up (for a 10-day trip) and> > one> > > big> > > > M-tank. The battery lasts about 2 hours, and recharges itself> > plugged> > > > into the cigarette lighter. My husband

did have to have another> > > cigarette> > > > lighter outlet put in the back seat because of the other stuff> > plugged> > > in> > > > the front (phone ad GPS) The newer cars can probably handle the> > > voltage (or> > > > amps) need to run and recharge the Eclipse.> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > My husband wanted to take my big, heavy, home concentrator, but I> > > nixed> > > > that idea. I only ran out of battery power one time, but had the> > back> > > up> > > > E-tank in the car. The battery charges pretty quickly if the> machine> > > is> > > > not turned on, but will take longer if you are using it and> > recharging> > > it> > > > at the same time. I

should have taken the big concentrator because> > the> > > > longer hose would have made it easier to get around the motel room> > > ,into> > > > the bathroom, take a shower, and get around friends houses,> without> > > > having to drag around the Eclipse. Also, found out you can only> use> > > the 7> > > > ft hose that comes with the Eclipse because it won't work on a> pulse> > > > setting with a longer hose. But, all in all, I used that Eclipse> > > almost> > > > continuously for 10 days, and it didn't fail me at all. I really> > > didn't> > > > need the big M-tank at all.> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > I just got my issue of the newletter put out by the Pulmonary> > Fibrosis> >

> org> > > > and on the cover was a photo of several 02 travelers. I noted that> > all> > > 5 of> > > > them had a Sequal Eclipse POC.> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > Didn't mean to go on and on - but maybe this will help someone> else> > as> > > the> > > > plan a car trip.> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > Sue D.> > > >> > > > 62 yr old, Fibrotic NSIP dx 9/07, VA> > > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > K> > > Central Il> > > Hubby ipf- 2006> > > As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> > > 14> > >> >

>> > > ------------ --------- --------- ---> > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.> Try> > it now.> > >> >> >> >> >> >> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ______\> ____________> > Be a better friend, newshound, and> > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.> http://mobile. yahoo.com/ ;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR 8HDtDypao8Wcj9tA cJ> >>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

You guys are talking way over my head. I guess I'll just have to ask Jerome when he comes on Monday. I just thought that I should call early and let him know exactly what to bring me. He said 5.........I can't remember which size. From one earlier she said she had 5 E tanks which I'm assuming are the kind on a cart. That way we could use that in the motel room if we choose to stay over night. It all depends on how tired I am. Theirs during the University visit. Now we are only staying one night, but those little tanks only last 1 hour. I'm so confused. What if we don't know where we are going to stay? K IllinoisBruce Moreland wrote: Fay Here is a site showing the broad range of power inverters available for cars, some clearly large enough to handle a concentrator. http://www.4lots.com/power_inverter/power_inverters.htm--- In Breathe-Support , "Bruce Moreland" wrote:>> > Fay> > Oxlife has concentrators designed for 12 volt as well. They even sell> their own

inverter. The small unit requires a 70 amp alternator and the> large unit requires 120 amps. Also, their small unit weighs only 32> pounds.> > http://www.tri-medinc.com/TM/page15.html> <http://www.tri-medinc.com/TM/page15.html>> > > > > > >> > > > Hi list friends,> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > When I joined this group a couple of months ago, I was asking> about> > > > portable o2 concentrators and the logistics of traveling with> > oxygen.> > > > Thanks for all your responses.> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > Anyway, I bought a Sequal II-Eclipse portable concentrator. It> puts> > > out> > > > 1-6 liters on pulse and up to 3 on continuous. I need 6 on> exertion,> > > but> > > > do fine riding in a car with the lower rate. Since

most of my> travel> > > > would be riding and visiting with very little exertion, I felt> this> > > would> > > > work for me. We took 6 E-tanks as back up (for a 10-day trip) and> > one> > > big> > > > M-tank. The battery lasts about 2 hours, and recharges itself> > plugged> > > > into the cigarette lighter. My husband did have to have another> > > cigarette> > > > lighter outlet put in the back seat because of the other stuff> > plugged> > > in> > > > the front (phone ad GPS) The newer cars can probably handle the> > > voltage (or> > > > amps) need to run and recharge the Eclipse.> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > My husband wanted to take my big, heavy, home concentrator, but I> > >

nixed> > > > that idea. I only ran out of battery power one time, but had the> > back> > > up> > > > E-tank in the car. The battery charges pretty quickly if the> machine> > > is> > > > not turned on, but will take longer if you are using it and> > recharging> > > it> > > > at the same time. I should have taken the big concentrator because> > the> > > > longer hose would have made it easier to get around the motel room> > > ,into> > > > the bathroom, take a shower, and get around friends houses,> without> > > > having to drag around the Eclipse. Also, found out you can only> use> > > the 7> > > > ft hose that comes with the Eclipse because it won't work on a> pulse> > > > setting with a longer hose. But, all in

all, I used that Eclipse> > > almost> > > > continuously for 10 days, and it didn't fail me at all. I really> > > didn't> > > > need the big M-tank at all.> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > I just got my issue of the newletter put out by the Pulmonary> > Fibrosis> > > org> > > > and on the cover was a photo of several 02 travelers. I noted that> > all> > > 5 of> > > > them had a Sequal Eclipse POC.> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > Didn't mean to go on and on - but maybe this will help someone> else> > as> > > the> > > > plan a car trip.> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > Sue D.> > > >> > > >

62 yr old, Fibrotic NSIP dx 9/07, VA> > > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > K> > > Central Il> > > Hubby ipf- 2006> > > As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> > > 14> > >> > >> > > ------------ --------- --------- ---> > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.> Try> > it now.> > >> >> >> >> >> >> ________________________________________________________________________\> ____________> > Be a better friend, newshound, and> > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.> http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ>

>> K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14

Guest guest

Ok, I went to the website Bruce, and I don't know what that is. Where do you use a power inverter. Can you use it in the car? K Fay wrote: Bruce Thanks, interesting stuff. No reason not to travel. Have a good

trip and be safe! Fay IPF06/06 IL Re: My first car trip on oxygen therapy Power Inverters Fay Here is a site showing the broad range of power inverters available for cars, some clearly large enough to handle a concentrator. http://www.4lots. com/power_ inverter/ power_inverters. htm> > > >> > > > Hi list friends,> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > When I joined this group a couple of months ago, I was asking> about> > > > portable o2 concentrators and the logistics of traveling with> > oxygen.> > > > Thanks for all your responses.> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > Anyway, I bought a Sequal II-Eclipse portable concentrator. It> puts> > >

out> > > > 1-6 liters on pulse and up to 3 on continuous. I need 6 on> exertion,> > > but> > > > do fine riding in a car with the lower rate. Since most of my> travel> > > > would be riding and visiting with very little exertion, I felt> this> > > would> > > > work for me. We took 6 E-tanks as back up (for a 10-day trip) and> > one> > > big> > > > M-tank. The battery lasts about 2 hours, and recharges itself> > plugged> > > > into the cigarette lighter. My husband did have to have another> > > cigarette> > > > lighter outlet put in the back seat because of the other stuff> > plugged> > > in> > > > the front (phone ad GPS) The newer cars can probably handle the> > > voltage (or> > > > amps) need to run and

recharge the Eclipse.> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > My husband wanted to take my big, heavy, home concentrator, but I> > > nixed> > > > that idea. I only ran out of battery power one time, but had the> > back> > > up> > > > E-tank in the car. The battery charges pretty quickly if the> machine> > > is> > > > not turned on, but will take longer if you are using it and> > recharging> > > it> > > > at the same time. I should have taken the big concentrator because> > the> > > > longer hose would have made it easier to get around the motel room> > > ,into> > > > the bathroom, take a shower, and get around friends houses,> without> > > > having to drag around the Eclipse. Also, found out you can

only> use> > > the 7> > > > ft hose that comes with the Eclipse because it won't work on a> pulse> > > > setting with a longer hose. But, all in all, I used that Eclipse> > > almost> > > > continuously for 10 days, and it didn't fail me at all. I really> > > didn't> > > > need the big M-tank at all.> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > I just got my issue of the newletter put out by the Pulmonary> > Fibrosis> > > org> > > > and on the cover was a photo of several 02 travelers. I noted that> > all> > > 5 of> > > > them had a Sequal Eclipse POC.> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > Didn't mean to go on and on - but maybe this will help someone> else> >

as> > > the> > > > plan a car trip.> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > Sue D.> > > >> > > > 62 yr old, Fibrotic NSIP dx 9/07, VA> > > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > K> > > Central Il> > > Hubby ipf- 2006> > > As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> > > 14> > >> > >> > > ------------ --------- --------- ---> > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.> Try> > it now.> > >> >> >> >> >> >> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ______\> ____________> > Be a better

friend, newshound, and> > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.> http://mobile. yahoo.com/ ;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR 8HDtDypao8Wcj9tA cJ> >> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14

Guest guest

Call your oxygen company first thing Monday. They dispatch very early

and if he doesn't have it with him he can't bring it for you. He could

just bring you an extra concentrator and put it in your vehicle for you

tomorrow. Then you'd easily get someone to handle it at a motel. That

sounds simplest to me. So call first moment they take calls. In fact,

they may have a line you can leave message on now as well, but I'd still

call first thing.

> > > > >

> > > > > Hi list friends,

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > When I joined this group a couple of months ago, I was asking

> > about

> > > > > portable o2 concentrators and the logistics of traveling with

> > > oxygen.

> > > > > Thanks for all your responses.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Anyway, I bought a Sequal II-Eclipse portable concentrator. It

> > puts

> > > > out

> > > > > 1-6 liters on pulse and up to 3 on continuous. I need 6 on

> > exertion,

> > > > but

> > > > > do fine riding in a car with the lower rate. Since most of my

> > travel

> > > > > would be riding and visiting with very little exertion, I felt

> > this

> > > > would

> > > > > work for me. We took 6 E-tanks as back up (for a 10-day trip)

and

> > > one

> > > > big

> > > > > M-tank. The battery lasts about 2 hours, and recharges itself

> > > plugged

> > > > > into the cigarette lighter. My husband did have to have

another

> > > > cigarette

> > > > > lighter outlet put in the back seat because of the other stuff

> > > plugged

> > > > in

> > > > > the front (phone ad GPS) The newer cars can probably handle

the

> > > > voltage (or

> > > > > amps) need to run and recharge the Eclipse.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > My husband wanted to take my big, heavy, home concentrator,

but I

> > > > nixed

> > > > > that idea. I only ran out of battery power one time, but had

the

> > > back

> > > > up

> > > > > E-tank in the car. The battery charges pretty quickly if the

> > machine

> > > > is

> > > > > not turned on, but will take longer if you are using it and

> > > recharging

> > > > it

> > > > > at the same time. I should have taken the big concentrator

because

> > > the

> > > > > longer hose would have made it easier to get around the motel

room

> > > > ,into

> > > > > the bathroom, take a shower, and get around friends houses,

> > without

> > > > > having to drag around the Eclipse. Also, found out you can

only

> > use

> > > > the 7

> > > > > ft hose that comes with the Eclipse because it won't work on a

> > pulse

> > > > > setting with a longer hose. But, all in all, I used that

Eclipse

> > > > almost

> > > > > continuously for 10 days, and it didn't fail me at all. I

really

> > > > didn't

> > > > > need the big M-tank at all.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I just got my issue of the newletter put out by the Pulmonary

> > > Fibrosis

> > > > org

> > > > > and on the cover was a photo of several 02 travelers. I noted

that

> > > all

> > > > 5 of

> > > > > them had a Sequal Eclipse POC.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Didn't mean to go on and on - but maybe this will help someone

> > else

> > > as

> > > > the

> > > > > plan a car trip.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Sue D.

> > > > >

> > > > > 62 yr old, Fibrotic NSIP dx 9/07, VA

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > K

> > > > Central Il

> > > > Hubby ipf- 2006

> > > > As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

> > > > 14

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > ------------ --------- --------- ---

> > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo!

Mobile.

> > Try

> > > it now.

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

________________________________________________________________________\

\

> > ____________

> > > Be a better friend, newshound, and

> > > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

> > http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

> > >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

> K

> Central Il

> Hubby ipf- 2006

> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

> 14

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try

it now.

>

Guest guest

Power inverters are devices to use in a car, truck, boat, or rv to run

from the battery and to convert 12 volts to 115 or so, so that you could

run basically any appliance on the inverter. Now, for some like

concentrators, you need more power than they require to operate

(refrigerators you need three times as much as operating wattage)

because they require it when started up. Also your alternator must be

strong enough to support. Basically it runs from your battery to

wherever you want power in your vehicle, maybe multiple plugs.

I am not enough of a car person to know all the complications but I'm

sure your local Auto Zone or dealer could tell you more.

> > > > >

> > > > > Hi list friends,

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > When I joined this group a couple of months ago, I was asking

> > about

> > > > > portable o2 concentrators and the logistics of traveling with

> > > oxygen.

> > > > > Thanks for all your responses.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Anyway, I bought a Sequal II-Eclipse portable concentrator. It

> > puts

> > > > out

> > > > > 1-6 liters on pulse and up to 3 on continuous. I need 6 on

> > exertion,

> > > > but

> > > > > do fine riding in a car with the lower rate. Since most of my

> > travel

> > > > > would be riding and visiting with very little exertion, I felt

> > this

> > > > would

> > > > > work for me. We took 6 E-tanks as back up (for a 10-day trip)

and

> > > one

> > > > big

> > > > > M-tank. The battery lasts about 2 hours, and recharges itself

> > > plugged

> > > > > into the cigarette lighter. My husband did have to have

another

> > > > cigarette

> > > > > lighter outlet put in the back seat because of the other stuff

> > > plugged

> > > > in

> > > > > the front (phone ad GPS) The newer cars can probably handle

the

> > > > voltage (or

> > > > > amps) need to run and recharge the Eclipse.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > My husband wanted to take my big, heavy, home concentrator,

but I

> > > > nixed

> > > > > that idea. I only ran out of battery power one time, but had

the

> > > back

> > > > up

> > > > > E-tank in the car. The battery charges pretty quickly if the

> > machine

> > > > is

> > > > > not turned on, but will take longer if you are using it and

> > > recharging

> > > > it

> > > > > at the same time. I should have taken the big concentrator

because

> > > the

> > > > > longer hose would have made it easier to get around the motel

room

> > > > ,into

> > > > > the bathroom, take a shower, and get around friends houses,

> > without

> > > > > having to drag around the Eclipse. Also, found out you can

only

> > use

> > > > the 7

> > > > > ft hose that comes with the Eclipse because it won't work on a

> > pulse

> > > > > setting with a longer hose. But, all in all, I used that

Eclipse

> > > > almost

> > > > > continuously for 10 days, and it didn't fail me at all. I

really

> > > > didn't

> > > > > need the big M-tank at all.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I just got my issue of the newletter put out by the Pulmonary

> > > Fibrosis

> > > > org

> > > > > and on the cover was a photo of several 02 travelers. I noted

that

> > > all

> > > > 5 of

> > > > > them had a Sequal Eclipse POC.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Didn't mean to go on and on - but maybe this will help someone

> > else

> > > as

> > > > the

> > > > > plan a car trip.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Sue D.

> > > > >

> > > > > 62 yr old, Fibrotic NSIP dx 9/07, VA

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > K

> > > > Central Il

> > > > Hubby ipf- 2006

> > > > As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

> > > > 14

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > ------------ --------- --------- ---

> > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo!

Mobile.

> > Try

> > > it now.

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________

_________ ______\

> > ____________

> > > Be a better friend, newshound, and

> > > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

> > http://mobile. yahoo.com/ ;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR 8HDtDypao8Wcj9tA cJ

> > >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

it now.

>

>

>

>

> K

> Central Il

> Hubby ipf- 2006

> 14

>

>

it now.

>

Guest guest

My O2 company has an answering service and I can get a call back 24/7. I'd give a call, there is likely at least an answering machine or voicemail. Get on it asap so you can have what you need for this trip.

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Call your oxygen company first thing Monday. They dispatch very earlyand if he doesn't have it with him he can't bring it for you. He couldjust bring you an extra concentrator and put it in your vehicle for youtomorrow. Then you'd easily get someone to handle it at a motel. Thatsounds simplest to me. So call first moment they take calls. In fact,they may have a line you can leave message on now as well, but I'd stillcall first thing.> > > > >> > > > > Hi list friends,> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > When I joined this group a couple of months ago, I was asking> > about> > > > > portable o2 concentrators and the logistics of traveling with> > > oxygen.> > > > > Thanks for all your responses.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Anyway, I bought a

Sequal II-Eclipse portable concentrator. It> > puts> > > > out> > > > > 1-6 liters on pulse and up to 3 on continuous. I need 6 on> > exertion,> > > > but> > > > > do fine riding in a car with the lower rate. Since most of my> > travel> > > > > would be riding and visiting with very little exertion, I felt> > this> > > > would> > > > > work for me. We took 6 E-tanks as back up (for a 10-day trip)and> > > one> > > > big> > > > > M-tank. The battery lasts about 2 hours, and recharges itself> > > plugged> > > > > into the cigarette lighter. My husband did have to haveanother> > > > cigarette> > > > > lighter outlet put in the back seat because of the other stuff> >

> plugged> > > > in> > > > > the front (phone ad GPS) The newer cars can probably handlethe> > > > voltage (or> > > > > amps) need to run and recharge the Eclipse.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > My husband wanted to take my big, heavy, home concentrator,but I> > > > nixed> > > > > that idea. I only ran out of battery power one time, but hadthe> > > back> > > > up> > > > > E-tank in the car. The battery charges pretty quickly if the> > machine> > > > is> > > > > not turned on, but will take longer if you are using it and> > > recharging> > > > it> > > > > at the same time. I should have taken the big

concentratorbecause> > > the> > > > > longer hose would have made it easier to get around the motelroom> > > > ,into> > > > > the bathroom, take a shower, and get around friends houses,> > without> > > > > having to drag around the Eclipse. Also, found out you canonly> > use> > > > the 7> > > > > ft hose that comes with the Eclipse because it won't work on a> > pulse> > > > > setting with a longer hose. But, all in all, I used thatEclipse> > > > almost> > > > > continuously for 10 days, and it didn't fail me at all. Ireally> > > > didn't> > > > > need the big M-tank at all.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > I just got my

issue of the newletter put out by the Pulmonary> > > Fibrosis> > > > org> > > > > and on the cover was a photo of several 02 travelers. I notedthat> > > all> > > > 5 of> > > > > them had a Sequal Eclipse POC.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Didn't mean to go on and on - but maybe this will help someone> > else> > > as> > > > the> > > > > plan a car trip.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Sue D.> > > > >> > > > > 62 yr old, Fibrotic NSIP dx 9/07, VA> > > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > >

>> > > > K> > > > Central Il> > > > Hubby ipf- 2006> > > > As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> > > > 14> > > >> > > >> > > > ------------ --------- --------- ---> > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo!Mobile.> > Try> > > it now.> > > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> >____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _\\> > ____________> > > Be a better friend, newshound, and> > > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.> > http://mobile. yahoo.com/ ;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR 8HDtDypao8Wcj9tA

cJ> > >> >>>>>>>> K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> 14>>> ------------ --------- --------- ---> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Tryit now.>

Guest guest

Hi MB, I don't know if I answered you earlier or not.. I have the kids here for the week-end. I am doing ok. This mess is just SOOOOO wrong. I am trying to figure how I am going to breathe and go to church in the AM. I have a constant highflow reg. but don't know how long the E tank will last. I think I am going to just turn it down to 4 when I get in and sit. or one of the kids can take it out and change it. Should work. We'll see. It is getting so hard to even sit and breathe without this mess. Happy Mothers day to YOU.  Love and Prayers, PeggyIPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up." ,My O2 company has an answering service and I can get a call back 24/7. I'd give a call, there is likely at least an answering machine or voicemail. Get on it asap so you can have what you need for this trip. Beth Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Change everything. Love and Forgive       Re: My first car trip on oxygen therapy Power InvertersCall your oxygen company first thing Monday. They dispatch very earlyand if he doesn't have it with him he can't bring it for you. He couldjust bring you an extra concentrator and put it in your vehicle for youtomorrow. Then you'd easily get someone to handle it at a motel. Thatsounds simplest to me. So call first moment they take calls. In fact,they may have a line you can leave message on now as well, but I'd stillcall first thing.> > > > >> > > > > Hi list friends,> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > When I joined this group a couple of months ago, I was asking> > about> > > > > portable o2 concentrators and the logistics of traveling with> > > oxygen.> > > > > Thanks for all your responses.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Anyway, I bought a Sequal II-Eclipse portable concentrator. It> > puts> > > > out> > > > > 1-6 liters on pulse and up to 3 on continuous. I need 6 on> > exertion,> > > > but> > > > > do fine riding in a car with the lower rate. Since most of my> > travel> > > > > would be riding and visiting with very little exertion, I felt> > this> > > > would> > > > > work for me. We took 6 E-tanks as back up (for a 10-day trip)and> > > one> > > > big> > > > > M-tank. The battery lasts about 2 hours, and recharges itself> > > plugged> > > > > into the cigarette lighter. My husband did have to haveanother> > > > cigarette> > > > > lighter outlet put in the back seat because of the other stuff> > > plugged> > > > in> > > > > the front (phone ad GPS) The newer cars can probably handlethe> > > > voltage (or> > > > > amps) need to run and recharge the Eclipse.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > My husband wanted to take my big, heavy, home concentrator,but I> > > > nixed> > > > > that idea. I only ran out of battery power one time, but hadthe> > > back> > > > up> > > > > E-tank in the car. The battery charges pretty quickly if the> > machine> > > > is> > > > > not turned on, but will take longer if you are using it and> > > recharging> > > > it> > > > > at the same time. I should have taken the big concentratorbecause> > > the> > > > > longer hose would have made it easier to get around the motelroom> > > > ,into> > > > > the bathroom, take a shower, and get around friends houses,> > without> > > > > having to drag around the Eclipse. Also, found out you canonly> > use> > > > the 7> > > > > ft hose that comes with the Eclipse because it won't work on a> > pulse> > > > > setting with a longer hose. But, all in all, I used thatEclipse> > > > almost> > > > > continuously for 10 days, and it didn't fail me at all. Ireally> > > > didn't> > > > > need the big M-tank at all.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > I just got my issue of the newletter put out by the Pulmonary> > > Fibrosis> > > > org> > > > > and on the cover was a photo of several 02 travelers. I notedthat> > > all> > > > 5 of> > > > > them had a Sequal Eclipse POC.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Didn't mean to go on and on - but maybe this will help someone> > else> > > as> > > > the> > > > > plan a car trip.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Sue D.> > > > >> > > > > 62 yr old, Fibrotic NSIP dx 9/07, VA> > > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > K> > > > Central Il> > > > Hubby ipf- 2006> > > > As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> > > > 14> > > >> > > >> > > > ------------ --------- --------- ---> > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo!Mobile.> > Try> > > it now.> > > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> >____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _\\> > ____________> > > Be a better friend, newshound, and> > > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.> > http://mobile. yahoo.com/ ;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR 8HDtDypao8Wcj9tA cJ> > >> >>>>>>>> K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> 14>>> ------------ --------- --------- ---> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Tryit now.>

Guest guest

K....let me add my experience traveling.....do find out what you want EARLY and let your provider know in plenty of time. Sometimes your provider will have to contact another provider in another area to provide what you need...all takes time and organization.

Good luck to both of you.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Call your oxygen company first thing Monday. They dispatch very earlyand if he doesn't have it with him he can't bring it for you. He couldjust bring you an extra concentrator and put it in your vehicle for youtomorrow. Then you'd easily get someone to handle it at a motel. Thatsounds simplest to me. So call first moment they take calls. In fact,they may have a line you can leave message on now as well, but I'd stillcall first thing.> > > > >> > > > > Hi list friends,> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > When I joined this group a couple of months ago, I was asking> > about> > > > > portable o2 concentrators and the logistics of traveling with> > > oxygen.> > > > > Thanks for all your responses.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Anyway, I bought a Sequal II-Eclipse portable concentrator. It> > puts> > > > out> > > > > 1-6 liters on pulse and up to 3 on continuous. I need 6 on> > exertion,> > > > but> > > > > do fine riding in a car with the lower rate. Since most of my> > travel> > > > > would be riding and visiting with very little exertion, I felt> > this> > > > would> > > > > work for me. We took 6 E-tanks as back up (for a 10-day trip)and> > > one> > > > big> > > > > M-tank. The battery lasts about 2 hours, and recharges itself> > > plugged> > > > > into the cigarette lighter. My husband did have to haveanother> > > > cigarette> > > > > lighter outlet put in the back seat because of the other stuff> > > plugged> > > > in> > > > > the front (phone ad GPS) The newer cars can probably handlethe> > > > voltage (or> > > > > amps) need to run and recharge the Eclipse.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > My husband wanted to take my big, heavy, home concentrator,but I> > > > nixed> > > > > that idea. I only ran out of battery power one time, but hadthe> > > back> > > > up> > > > > E-tank in the car. The battery charges pretty quickly if the> > machine> > > > is> > > > > not turned on, but will take longer if you are using it and> > > recharging> > > > it> > > > > at the same time. I should have taken the big concentratorbecause> > > the> > > > > longer hose would have made it easier to get around the motelroom> > > > ,into> > > > > the bathroom, take a shower, and get around friends houses,> > without> > > > > having to drag around the Eclipse. Also, found out you canonly> > use> > > > the 7> > > > > ft hose that comes with the Eclipse because it won't work on a> > pulse> > > > > setting with a longer hose. But, all in all, I used thatEclipse> > > > almost> > > > > continuously for 10 days, and it didn't fail me at all. Ireally> > > > didn't> > > > > need the big M-tank at all.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > I just got my issue of the newletter put out by the Pulmonary> > > Fibrosis> > > > org> > > > > and on the cover was a photo of several 02 travelers. I notedthat> > > all> > > > 5 of> > > > > them had a Sequal Eclipse POC.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Didn't mean to go on and on - but maybe this will help someone> > else> > > as> > > > the> > > > > plan a car trip.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Sue D.> > > > >> > > > > 62 yr old, Fibrotic NSIP dx 9/07, VA> > > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > K> > > > Central Il> > > > Hubby ipf- 2006> > > > As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> > > > 14> > > >> > > >> > > > ------------ --------- --------- ---> > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo!Mobile.> > Try> > > it now.> > > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> >__________________________________________________________\\> > ____________> > > Be a better friend, newshound, and> > > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.> > http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ> > >> >>>>>>>> K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> 14>>> ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Tryit now.>

Guest guest

Peggy,

I keep E tanks at church for back up....just in case. I just leave them back under a coat rack in the corner. I always take my regulator in case I have to use one of them. I use my liquid Companion that goes to 15L. I can hang two of them on the back of my wheelchair. At 8L one of them lasts about 1 1/2 hours, sometimes 2. Of course, sometimes they freeze up or some other thing and I have a spare. And, of course, the E tanks. The E tank at 8 liter lasts only an hour at best.

It is like packing for a trip, just going to church or anywhere. I have to take a two day supply of Flolan in an insulated bag....must be kept cold. We kept forgetting one thing or another....so I made a list. We check off each one as we get them packed. It is much easier just to stay home. But, it makes me feel better spiritually and mentally.

I'm so sorry that you are feeling more SOB. I think that you may be still tired from your trip. You rest and recoup. I am praying for you.

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16 > > > > > >> > > > > > Hi list friends,> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > When I joined this group a couple of months ago, I was asking> > > about> > > > > > portable o2 concentrators and the logistics of traveling with> > > > oxygen.> > > > > > Thanks for all your responses.> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > Anyway, I bought a Sequal II-Eclipse portable > concentrator. It> > > puts> > > > > out> > > > > > 1-6 liters on pulse and up to 3 on continuous. I need 6 on> > > exertion,> > > > > but> > > > > > do fine riding in a car with the lower rate. Since most of my> > > travel> > > > > > would be riding and visiting with very little exertion, I > felt> > > this> > > > > would> > > > > > work for me. We took 6 E-tanks as back up (for a 10-day trip)> and> > > > one> > > > > big> > > > > > M-tank. The battery lasts about 2 hours, and recharges itself> > > > plugged> > > > > > into the cigarette lighter. My husband did have to have> another> > > > > cigarette> > > > > > lighter outlet put in the back seat because of the other > stuff> > > > plugged> > > > > in> > > > > > the front (phone ad GPS) The newer cars can probably handle> the> > > > > voltage (or> > > > > > amps) need to run and recharge the Eclipse.> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > My husband wanted to take my big, heavy, home concentrator,> but I> > > > > nixed> > > > > > that idea. I only ran out of battery power one time, but had> the> > > > back> > > > > up> > > > > > E-tank in the car. The battery charges pretty quickly if the> > > machine> > > > > is> > > > > > not turned on, but will take longer if you are using it and> > > > recharging> > > > > it> > > > > > at the same time. I should have taken the big concentrator> because> > > > the> > > > > > longer hose would have made it easier to get around the motel> room> > > > > ,into> > > > > > the bathroom, take a shower, and get around friends houses,> > > without> > > > > > having to drag around the Eclipse. Also, found out you can> only> > > use> > > > > the 7> > > > > > ft hose that comes with the Eclipse because it won't work > on a> > > pulse> > > > > > setting with a longer hose. But, all in all, I used that> Eclipse> > > > > almost> > > > > > continuously for 10 days, and it didn't fail me at all. I> really> > > > > didn't> > > > > > need the big M-tank at all.> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > I just got my issue of the newletter put out by the Pulmonary> > > > Fibrosis> > > > > org> > > > > > and on the cover was a photo of several 02 travelers. I noted> that> > > > all> > > > > 5 of> > > > > > them had a Sequal Eclipse POC.> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > Didn't mean to go on and on - but maybe this will help > someone> > > else> > > > as> > > > > the> > > > > > plan a car trip.> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > Sue D.> > > > > >> > > > > > 62 yr old, Fibrotic NSIP dx 9/07, VA> > > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > K> > > > > Central Il> > > > > Hubby ipf- 2006> > > > > As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> > > > > 14> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > ------------ --------- --------- ---> > > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo!> Mobile.> > > Try> > > > it now.> > > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > >> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _\> \> > > ____________> > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and> > > > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.> > > http://mobile. yahoo.com/ ;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR 8HDtDypao8Wcj9tA cJ> > > >> > >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > K> > Central Il> > Hubby ipf- 2006> > As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> > 14> >> >> > ------------ --------- --------- ---> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. > Try> it now.> >>

Guest guest

Duh, What a wonderful idea!!! We will do that. I knew someone would help me in this dilemma. Thank you so very much. It seems you have the answers a great percentage of the time. Thanks a bunch Bruce. K IllinoisBruce Moreland wrote: Call your oxygen company first thing Monday. They dispatch very earlyand if he doesn't have it with him he can't bring it for you. He couldjust bring you an extra

concentrator and put it in your vehicle for youtomorrow. Then you'd easily get someone to handle it at a motel. Thatsounds simplest to me. So call first moment they take calls. In fact,they may have a line you can leave message on now as well, but I'd stillcall first thing.> > > > >> > > > > Hi list friends,> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > When I joined this group a couple of months ago, I was asking> > about> > >

> > portable o2 concentrators and the logistics of traveling with> > > oxygen.> > > > > Thanks for all your responses.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Anyway, I bought a Sequal II-Eclipse portable concentrator. It> > puts> > > > out> > > > > 1-6 liters on pulse and up to 3 on continuous. I need 6 on> > exertion,> > > > but> > > > > do fine riding in a car with the lower rate. Since most of my> > travel> > > > > would be riding and visiting with very little exertion, I felt> > this> > > > would> > > > > work for me. We took 6 E-tanks as back up (for a 10-day trip)and> > > one> > > > big> > > > > M-tank. The battery lasts about 2 hours, and

recharges itself> > > plugged> > > > > into the cigarette lighter. My husband did have to haveanother> > > > cigarette> > > > > lighter outlet put in the back seat because of the other stuff> > > plugged> > > > in> > > > > the front (phone ad GPS) The newer cars can probably handlethe> > > > voltage (or> > > > > amps) need to run and recharge the Eclipse.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > My husband wanted to take my big, heavy, home concentrator,but I> > > > nixed> > > > > that idea. I only ran out of battery power one time, but hadthe> > > back> > > > up> > > > > E-tank in the car. The battery charges pretty quickly if the> >

machine> > > > is> > > > > not turned on, but will take longer if you are using it and> > > recharging> > > > it> > > > > at the same time. I should have taken the big concentratorbecause> > > the> > > > > longer hose would have made it easier to get around the motelroom> > > > ,into> > > > > the bathroom, take a shower, and get around friends houses,> > without> > > > > having to drag around the Eclipse. Also, found out you canonly> > use> > > > the 7> > > > > ft hose that comes with the Eclipse because it won't work on a> > pulse> > > > > setting with a longer hose. But, all in all, I used thatEclipse> > > > almost> > > > > continuously for 10 days, and it didn't fail me

at all. Ireally> > > > didn't> > > > > need the big M-tank at all.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > I just got my issue of the newletter put out by the Pulmonary> > > Fibrosis> > > > org> > > > > and on the cover was a photo of several 02 travelers. I notedthat> > > all> > > > 5 of> > > > > them had a Sequal Eclipse POC.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Didn't mean to go on and on - but maybe this will help someone> > else> > > as> > > > the> > > > > plan a car trip.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Sue D.> > > > >> >

> > > 62 yr old, Fibrotic NSIP dx 9/07, VA> > > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > K> > > > Central Il> > > > Hubby ipf- 2006> > > > As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> > > > 14> > > >> > > >> > > > ------------ --------- --------- ---> > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo!Mobile.> > Try> > > it now.> > > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> >__________________________________________________________\\> > ____________> > > Be a better friend, newshound, and> > >

know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.> > http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ> > >> >>>>>>>> K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> 14>>> ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Tryit now.> K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14

Guest guest

Joyce

I know its a major task to go anywhere but you deserve so much credit

for doing so. Yes, it takes longer, takes packing more, takes more

steps. But, it sure does feel good when you actually do it. I follow you

going to the effort each week to get to church and I always feel like

each time you got a little victory over the disease. Now, we can't

always do that but its good everytime we can.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Hi list friends,

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > When I joined this group a couple of months ago, I was

> asking

> > > > about

> > > > > > > portable o2 concentrators and the logistics of traveling

> with

> > > > > oxygen.

> > > > > > > Thanks for all your responses.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Anyway, I bought a Sequal II-Eclipse portable

> > concentrator. It

> > > > puts

> > > > > > out

> > > > > > > 1-6 liters on pulse and up to 3 on continuous. I need 6 on

> > > > exertion,

> > > > > > but

> > > > > > > do fine riding in a car with the lower rate. Since most of

> my

> > > > travel

> > > > > > > would be riding and visiting with very little exertion, I

> > felt

> > > > this

> > > > > > would

> > > > > > > work for me. We took 6 E-tanks as back up (for a 10-day

> trip)

> > and

> > > > > one

> > > > > > big

> > > > > > > M-tank. The battery lasts about 2 hours, and recharges

> itself

> > > > > plugged

> > > > > > > into the cigarette lighter. My husband did have to have

> > another

> > > > > > cigarette

> > > > > > > lighter outlet put in the back seat because of the other

> > stuff

> > > > > plugged

> > > > > > in

> > > > > > > the front (phone ad GPS) The newer cars can probably

handle

> > the

> > > > > > voltage (or

> > > > > > > amps) need to run and recharge the Eclipse.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > My husband wanted to take my big, heavy, home

concentrator,

> > but I

> > > > > > nixed

> > > > > > > that idea. I only ran out of battery power one time, but

had

> > the

> > > > > back

> > > > > > up

> > > > > > > E-tank in the car. The battery charges pretty quickly if

the

> > > > machine

> > > > > > is

> > > > > > > not turned on, but will take longer if you are using it

and

> > > > > recharging

> > > > > > it

> > > > > > > at the same time. I should have taken the big concentrator

> > because

> > > > > the

> > > > > > > longer hose would have made it easier to get around the

> motel

> > room

> > > > > > ,into

> > > > > > > the bathroom, take a shower, and get around friends

houses,

> > > > without

> > > > > > > having to drag around the Eclipse. Also, found out you can

> > only

> > > > use

> > > > > > the 7

> > > > > > > ft hose that comes with the Eclipse because it won't work

> > on a

> > > > pulse

> > > > > > > setting with a longer hose. But, all in all, I used that

> > Eclipse

> > > > > > almost

> > > > > > > continuously for 10 days, and it didn't fail me at all. I

> > really

> > > > > > didn't

> > > > > > > need the big M-tank at all.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I just got my issue of the newletter put out by the

> Pulmonary

> > > > > Fibrosis

> > > > > > org

> > > > > > > and on the cover was a photo of several 02 travelers. I

> noted

> > that

> > > > > all

> > > > > > 5 of

> > > > > > > them had a Sequal Eclipse POC.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Didn't mean to go on and on - but maybe this will help

> > someone

> > > > else

> > > > > as

> > > > > > the

> > > > > > > plan a car trip.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Sue D.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > 62 yr old, Fibrotic NSIP dx 9/07, VA

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > K

> > > > > > Central Il

> > > > > > Hubby ipf- 2006

> > > > > > As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

> > > > > > 14

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ------------ --------- --------- ---

> > > > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo!

> > Mobile.

> > > > Try

> > > > > it now.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _\

> > \

> > > > ____________

> > > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and

> > > > > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

> > > > http://mobile. yahoo.com/ ;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR 8HDtDypao8Wcj9tA cJ

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > K

> > > Central Il

> > > Hubby ipf- 2006

> > > As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

> > > 14

> > >

> > >

> > > ------------ --------- --------- ---

> > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.

> > Try

> > it now.

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

I don't have that many answers. It's just when presented a problem that

I feel somehow is solvable I remain determined to figure out a solution.

But, I go through the same trial and error as everyone else. Each time I

learn a little more and every time I have to learn something for a

question posed then I've also gained something that ultimately might

help me. It's like the inverter talk today. I had heard and read and now

in looking up more information I realize that it can be done. For me

right now, I don't have the need or use, but the time may pop up that

all of a sudden an inverter is my perfect solution.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Hi list friends,

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > When I joined this group a couple of months ago, I was

asking

> > > about

> > > > > > portable o2 concentrators and the logistics of traveling

with

> > > > oxygen.

> > > > > > Thanks for all your responses.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Anyway, I bought a Sequal II-Eclipse portable concentrator.

It

> > > puts

> > > > > out

> > > > > > 1-6 liters on pulse and up to 3 on continuous. I need 6 on

> > > exertion,

> > > > > but

> > > > > > do fine riding in a car with the lower rate. Since most of

my

> > > travel

> > > > > > would be riding and visiting with very little exertion, I

felt

> > > this

> > > > > would

> > > > > > work for me. We took 6 E-tanks as back up (for a 10-day

trip)

> and

> > > > one

> > > > > big

> > > > > > M-tank. The battery lasts about 2 hours, and recharges

itself

> > > > plugged

> > > > > > into the cigarette lighter. My husband did have to have

> another

> > > > > cigarette

> > > > > > lighter outlet put in the back seat because of the other

stuff

> > > > plugged

> > > > > in

> > > > > > the front (phone ad GPS) The newer cars can probably handle

> the

> > > > > voltage (or

> > > > > > amps) need to run and recharge the Eclipse.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > My husband wanted to take my big, heavy, home concentrator,

> but I

> > > > > nixed

> > > > > > that idea. I only ran out of battery power one time, but had

> the

> > > > back

> > > > > up

> > > > > > E-tank in the car. The battery charges pretty quickly if the

> > > machine

> > > > > is

> > > > > > not turned on, but will take longer if you are using it and

> > > > recharging

> > > > > it

> > > > > > at the same time. I should have taken the big concentrator

> because

> > > > the

> > > > > > longer hose would have made it easier to get around the

motel

> room

> > > > > ,into

> > > > > > the bathroom, take a shower, and get around friends houses,

> > > without

> > > > > > having to drag around the Eclipse. Also, found out you can

> only

> > > use

> > > > > the 7

> > > > > > ft hose that comes with the Eclipse because it won't work on

a

> > > pulse

> > > > > > setting with a longer hose. But, all in all, I used that

> Eclipse

> > > > > almost

> > > > > > continuously for 10 days, and it didn't fail me at all. I

> really

> > > > > didn't

> > > > > > need the big M-tank at all.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I just got my issue of the newletter put out by the

Pulmonary

> > > > Fibrosis

> > > > > org

> > > > > > and on the cover was a photo of several 02 travelers. I

noted

> that

> > > > all

> > > > > 5 of

> > > > > > them had a Sequal Eclipse POC.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Didn't mean to go on and on - but maybe this will help

someone

> > > else

> > > > as

> > > > > the

> > > > > > plan a car trip.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sue D.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 62 yr old, Fibrotic NSIP dx 9/07, VA

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > K

> > > > > Central Il

> > > > > Hubby ipf- 2006

> > > > > As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

> > > > > 14

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > ------------ --------- --------- ---

> > > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo!

> Mobile.

> > > Try

> > > > it now.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> __________________________________________________________\

> \

> > > ____________

> > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and

> > > > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

> > > http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > K

> > Central Il

> > Hubby ipf- 2006

> > As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

> > 14

> >

> >

> > ---------------------------------

> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.

Try

> it now.

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

> K

> Central Il

> Hubby ipf- 2006

> 14

>

>

it now.

>

Guest guest

HEY EVERYONE,

JOE AND I WENT TO MYRTLE BEACH FOR THREE DAYS THIS PAST WEEK SO IT WAS OUR FIRST TIME TRAVELING WITH THE CPAP, CONCENTRATOR, BIG TANK, AND PORTABLES. ALL THAT WENT WELL BUT AT 1:30 AM ON FRIDAY WE WERE AWAKEN BY SIRENS, FIRETRUCKS, AND AN ANNOUNCEMENT ON THE PA SYSTEM TO EVACUATE THE HOTEL AND USE THE STAIRS. I GRABBED A CELL PHONE, JOE GRABBED A PORTABLE, WE BOTH HAD SHORTS AND T SHIRTS ON, DID NOT THINK ABOUT SHOES, WALLETS OR PURSES....DOWN 15 FLIGHTS OF STEPS WE WENT, YES 15 FLIGHTS. BY THE 6TH FLOOR JOE WAS GOING STRONG BUT I HAD TO SLOW DOWN BECAUSE OF A BUM KNEE. I TOOK A PICTURE OF JOE IN FRONT OF THE FIRETRUCK FOR YOU ALL TO SEE, I HOPE IT COMES THROUGH.

MORAL OF THE STORY, ASK FOR HANDICAP GROUND FLOOR ROOM AND BRING A "OXYGEN IN USE" SIGN FOR YOUR DOOR.

SINCE THIS WAS OUR FIRST TRIP SINCE DIAGNOSIS WE HAVE LEARNED FROM OUR MISTAKES. I TOLD A FRIEND ABOUT THIS AND SHE RELAYED THAT THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO HER AND HER HUSBAND IN CHARLESTON, SC. ONLY HE WAS ON CRUTHCHES AND WHEN THEY HURRIED OUTSIDE TO THE STAIRWELL THEY BOTH COULD NOT SEE. I THOUGHT SHE WAS GOING TO TELL ME THERE WAS HEAVY SMOKE. THE REASON THEY COULD NOT SEE WAS BECAUSE IN THE RUSH TO EVACUATE THEY GRABBED EACH OTHERS' EYE GLASSES. LOL

WE BROUGHT THE PHONE NUMBER TO CALL IN THURSDAY NIGHT AND FOUND OURSELVES WALKING ALONG THE BEACH AT THAT TIME...TALK TO YOU ALL NEXT WEEK...JOANIE

JOE/JOANIE JOE 60 IPF1/2008

GRIFFIN, GA.

-- Re: My first car trip on oxygen therapy Power Inverters

Call your oxygen company first thing Monday. They dispatch very earlyand if he doesn't have it with him he can't bring it for you. He couldjust bring you an extra concentrator and put it in your vehicle for youtomorrow. Then you'd easily get someone to handle it at a motel. Thatsounds simplest to me. So call first moment they take calls. In fact,they may have a line you can leave message on now as well, but I'd stillcall first thing.> > > > >> > > > > Hi list friends,> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > When I joined this group a couple of months ago, I was asking> > about> > > > > portable o2 concentrators and the logistics of traveling with> > > oxygen.> > > > > Thanks for all your responses.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Anyway, I bought a Sequal II-Eclipse portable concentrator. It> > puts> > > > out> > > > > 1-6 liters on pulse and up to 3 on continuous. I need 6 on> > exertion,> > > > but> > > > > do fine riding in a car with the lower rate. Since most of my> > travel> > > > > would be riding and visiting with very little exertion, I felt> > this> > > > would> > > > > work for me. We took 6 E-tanks as back up (for a 10-day trip)and> > > one> > > > big> > > > > M-tank. The battery lasts about 2 hours, and recharges itself> > > plugged> > > > > into the cigarette lighter. My husband did have to haveanother> > > > cigarette> > > > > lighter outlet put in the back seat because of the other stuff> > > plugged> > > > in> > > > > the front (phone ad GPS) The newer cars can probably handlethe> > > > voltage (or> > > > > amps) need to run and recharge the Eclipse.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > My husband wanted to take my big, heavy, home concentrator,but I> > > > nixed> > > > > that idea. I only ran out of battery power one time, but hadthe> > > back> > > > up> > > > > E-tank in the car. The battery charges pretty quickly if the> > machine> > > > is> > > > > not turned on, but will take longer if you are using it and> > > recharging> > > > it> > > > > at the same time. I should have taken the big concentratorbecause> > > the> > > > > longer hose would have made it easier to get around the motelroom> > > > ,into> > > > > the bathroom, take a shower, and get around friends houses,> > without> > > > > having to drag around the Eclipse. Also, found out you canonly> > use> > > > the 7> > > > > ft hose that comes with the Eclipse because it won't work on a> > pulse> > > > > setting with a longer hose. But, all in all, I used thatEclipse> > > > almost> > > > > continuously for 10 days, and it didn't fail me at all. Ireally> > > > didn't> > > > > need the big M-tank at all.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > I just got my issue of the newletter put out by the Pulmonary> > > Fibrosis> > > > org> > > > > and on the cover was a photo of several 02 travelers. I notedthat> > > all> > > > 5 of> > > > > them had a Sequal Eclipse POC.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Didn't mean to go on and on - but maybe this will help someone> > else> > > as> > > > the> > > > > plan a car trip.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Sue D.> > > > >> > > > > 62 yr old, Fibrotic NSIP dx 9/07, VA> > > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > K> > > > Central Il> > > > Hubby ipf- 2006> > > > As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> > > > 14> > > >> > > >> > > > ------------ --------- --------- ---> > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo!Mobile.> > Try> > > it now.> > > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> >__________________________________________________________\\> > ____________> > > Be a better friend, newshound, and> > > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.> > http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ> > >> >>>>>>>> K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> 14>>> ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Tryit now.>

Guest guest

J/J....What excitement. You didn't say, was there actually a fire? I guess it's better to go down then to have to go UP...

I'm of course glad you are both OK.

I won't stay above the third floor, and then hopefully there is an elevator. Otherwise, it's a floor unit for us!

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Guest guest

Joe and Joanie

That sounds great in spite of the alarm. As to walking on the beach

versus calling us, I'd choose the beach too....lol. You can't do it

every week, but we're still going to be here when you get back.

In some ways this is much like the first trip I made which was to Tulsa,

although much nicer location for you. But, its so good to get that first

one under your belt and know you can do it. Then I expanded to Chicago.

After that, I knew I could do them all. I learned one lesson on the

Chicago trip too. If they bring you any equipment just for the trip,

make sure you check it out well before you go. Also, I learned I would

really like a national supplier in case of problems elsewhere. But like

yours my lesson wasn't painful. And, 15 floors down in the middle of the

night would have been bad even when I was healthy. But, I think now you

know the important thing. There is nothing keeping you from traveling

anywhere you want.

Saturday this week I will be 177 miles up the coast from where you were.

Growing up in NC, Myrtle Beach was the most popular beach. In fact, the

best beach trip I ever had was one year in the early 80's I spent the

week between Christmas and New Years there, 75 degrees, nice walks on

beach, heated and domed pool, no crowds in restaurants. In fact, because

of lack of people there that time of year, we got a free upgrade to a

penthouse suite.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Hi list friends,

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > When I joined this group a couple of months ago, I was

asking

> > > about

> > > > > > portable o2 concentrators and the logistics of traveling

with

> > > > oxygen.

> > > > > > Thanks for all your responses.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Anyway, I bought a Sequal II-Eclipse portable concentrator.

It

> > > puts

> > > > > out

> > > > > > 1-6 liters on pulse and up to 3 on continuous. I need 6 on

> > > exertion,

> > > > > but

> > > > > > do fine riding in a car with the lower rate. Since most of

my

> > > travel

> > > > > > would be riding and visiting with very little exertion, I

felt

> > > this

> > > > > would

> > > > > > work for me. We took 6 E-tanks as back up (for a 10-day

trip)

> and

> > > > one

> > > > > big

> > > > > > M-tank. The battery lasts about 2 hours, and recharges

itself

> > > > plugged

> > > > > > into the cigarette lighter. My husband did have to have

> another

> > > > > cigarette

> > > > > > lighter outlet put in the back seat because of the other

stuff

> > > > plugged

> > > > > in

> > > > > > the front (phone ad GPS) The newer cars can probably handle

> the

> > > > > voltage (or

> > > > > > amps) need to run and recharge the Eclipse.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > My husband wanted to take my big, heavy, home concentrator,

> but I

> > > > > nixed

> > > > > > that idea. I only ran out of battery power one time, but had

> the

> > > > back

> > > > > up

> > > > > > E-tank in the car. The battery charges pretty quickly if the

> > > machine

> > > > > is

> > > > > > not turned on, but will take longer if you are using it and

> > > > recharging

> > > > > it

> > > > > > at the same time. I should have taken the big concentrator

> because

> > > > the

> > > > > > longer hose would have made it easier to get around the

motel

> room

> > > > > ,into

> > > > > > the bathroom, take a shower, and get around friends houses,

> > > without

> > > > > > having to drag around the Eclipse. Also, found out you can

> only

> > > use

> > > > > the 7

> > > > > > ft hose that comes with the Eclipse because it won't work on

a

> > > pulse

> > > > > > setting with a longer hose. But, all in all, I used that

> Eclipse

> > > > > almost

> > > > > > continuously for 10 days, and it didn't fail me at all. I

> really

> > > > > didn't

> > > > > > need the big M-tank at all.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I just got my issue of the newletter put out by the

Pulmonary

> > > > Fibrosis

> > > > > org

> > > > > > and on the cover was a photo of several 02 travelers. I

noted

> that

> > > > all

> > > > > 5 of

> > > > > > them had a Sequal Eclipse POC.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Didn't mean to go on and on - but maybe this will help

someone

> > > else

> > > > as

> > > > > the

> > > > > > plan a car trip.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sue D.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 62 yr old, Fibrotic NSIP dx 9/07, VA

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > K

> > > > > Central Il

> > > > > Hubby ipf- 2006

> > > > > As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

> > > > > 14

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > ------------ --------- --------- ---

> > > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo!

> Mobile.

> > > Try

> > > > it now.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> __________________________________________________________\

> \

> > > ____________

> > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and

> > > > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

> > > http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > K

> > Central Il

> > Hubby ipf- 2006

> > As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

> > 14

> >

> >

> > ---------------------------------

> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.

Try

> it now.

> >

>

Guest guest

Thanks Bruce, you're a peach!!!!!! We are learning too. I didn't understand the inverter, but Don did. So it stands to reason that if approaching that senario, we will remember it. Joe and Joanie's experience also rendered a learning experience taught us, first floor. That is why I love this board. K IllinoisBruce Moreland wrote: I don't have that many answers. It's just when presented a problem thatI

feel somehow is solvable I remain determined to figure out a solution.But, I go through the same trial and error as everyone else. Each time Ilearn a little more and every time I have to learn something for aquestion posed then I've also gained something that ultimately mighthelp me. It's like the inverter talk today. I had heard and read and nowin looking up more information I realize that it can be done. For meright now, I don't have the need or use, but the time may pop up thatall of a sudden an inverter is my perfect solution.> > > > > >> > > > > > Hi list friends,> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > When I joined this group a couple of months ago, I wasasking> > > about> > > > > >

portable o2 concentrators and the logistics of travelingwith> > > > oxygen.> > > > > > Thanks for all your responses.> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > Anyway, I bought a Sequal II-Eclipse portable concentrator.It> > > puts> > > > > out> > > > > > 1-6 liters on pulse and up to 3 on continuous. I need 6 on> > > exertion,> > > > > but> > > > > > do fine riding in a car with the lower rate. Since most ofmy> > > travel> > > > > > would be riding and visiting with very little exertion, Ifelt> > > this> > > > > would> > > > > > work for me. We took 6 E-tanks as back up (for a 10-daytrip)> and> > > >

one> > > > > big> > > > > > M-tank. The battery lasts about 2 hours, and rechargesitself> > > > plugged> > > > > > into the cigarette lighter. My husband did have to have> another> > > > > cigarette> > > > > > lighter outlet put in the back seat because of the otherstuff> > > > plugged> > > > > in> > > > > > the front (phone ad GPS) The newer cars can probably handle> the> > > > > voltage (or> > > > > > amps) need to run and recharge the Eclipse.> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > My husband wanted to take my big, heavy, home concentrator,> but I> > > > > nixed> > > > > > that idea. I only ran

out of battery power one time, but had> the> > > > back> > > > > up> > > > > > E-tank in the car. The battery charges pretty quickly if the> > > machine> > > > > is> > > > > > not turned on, but will take longer if you are using it and> > > > recharging> > > > > it> > > > > > at the same time. I should have taken the big concentrator> because> > > > the> > > > > > longer hose would have made it easier to get around themotel> room> > > > > ,into> > > > > > the bathroom, take a shower, and get around friends houses,> > > without> > > > > > having to drag around the Eclipse. Also, found out you can> only> > > use> > > > > the 7>

> > > > > ft hose that comes with the Eclipse because it won't work ona> > > pulse> > > > > > setting with a longer hose. But, all in all, I used that> Eclipse> > > > > almost> > > > > > continuously for 10 days, and it didn't fail me at all. I> really> > > > > didn't> > > > > > need the big M-tank at all.> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > I just got my issue of the newletter put out by thePulmonary> > > > Fibrosis> > > > > org> > > > > > and on the cover was a photo of several 02 travelers. Inoted> that> > > > all> > > > > 5 of> > > > > > them had a Sequal Eclipse POC.> > > > >

>> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > Didn't mean to go on and on - but maybe this will helpsomeone> > > else> > > > as> > > > > the> > > > > > plan a car trip.> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > Sue D.> > > > > >> > > > > > 62 yr old, Fibrotic NSIP dx 9/07, VA> > > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > K> > > > > Central Il> > > > > Hubby ipf- 2006> > > > > As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> > > > > 14>

> > > >> > > > >> > > > > ------------ --------- --------- ---> > > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo!> Mobile.> > > Try> > > > it now.> > > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > >> __________________________________________________________\> \> > > ____________> > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and> > > > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.> > > http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ> > > >> > >> >> >> >> >> >>

>> > K> > Central Il> > Hubby ipf- 2006> > As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> > 14> >> >> > ---------------------------------> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.Try> it now.> >>>>>>>> K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> 14>>> ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Tryit now.> K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As

for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14