RemedySpot.com

Re:Joe and Joanie's trip

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Wow you two what an adventure! Thank goodness you are both okay. Thank you so much for posting this because as long as there is an elevator I never think twice about booking an upper room. Scary, scary, scary! (loved the picture by the way) And once again for a bunch of "sickies" we sure lead exciting lives! God bless you two- Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California

Re: My first car trip on oxygen therapy Power Inverters

Call your oxygen company first thing Monday. They dispatch very earlyand if he doesn't have it with him he can't bring it for you. He couldjust bring you an extra concentrator and put it in your vehicle for youtomorrow. Then you'd easily get someone to handle it at a motel. Thatsounds simplest to me. So call first moment they take calls. In fact,they may have a line you can leave message on now as well, but I'd stillcall first thing.> > > > >> > > > > Hi list friends,> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > When I joined this group a couple of months ago, I was asking> > about> > > > > portable o2 concentrators and the logistics of traveling with> > > oxygen.> > > > > Thanks for all your responses.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Anyway, I bought a

Sequal II-Eclipse portable concentrator. It> > puts> > > > out> > > > > 1-6 liters on pulse and up to 3 on continuous. I need 6 on> > exertion,> > > > but> > > > > do fine riding in a car with the lower rate. Since most of my> > travel> > > > > would be riding and visiting with very little exertion, I felt> > this> > > > would> > > > > work for me. We took 6 E-tanks as back up (for a 10-day trip)and> > > one> > > > big> > > > > M-tank. The battery lasts about 2 hours, and recharges itself> > > plugged> > > > > into the cigarette lighter. My husband did have to haveanother> > > > cigarette> > > > > lighter outlet put in the back seat because of the other stuff> >

> plugged> > > > in> > > > > the front (phone ad GPS) The newer cars can probably handlethe> > > > voltage (or> > > > > amps) need to run and recharge the Eclipse.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > My husband wanted to take my big, heavy, home concentrator,but I> > > > nixed> > > > > that idea. I only ran out of battery power one time, but hadthe> > > back> > > > up> > > > > E-tank in the car. The battery charges pretty quickly if the> > machine> > > > is> > > > > not turned on, but will take longer if you are using it and> > > recharging> > > > it> > > > > at the same time. I should have taken the big

concentratorbecause> > > the> > > > > longer hose would have made it easier to get around the motelroom> > > > ,into> > > > > the bathroom, take a shower, and get around friends houses,> > without> > > > > having to drag around the Eclipse. Also, found out you canonly> > use> > > > the 7> > > > > ft hose that comes with the Eclipse because it won't work on a> > pulse> > > > > setting with a longer hose. But, all in all, I used thatEclipse> > > > almost> > > > > continuously for 10 days, and it didn't fail me at all. Ireally> > > > didn't> > > > > need the big M-tank at all.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > I just got my

issue of the newletter put out by the Pulmonary> > > Fibrosis> > > > org> > > > > and on the cover was a photo of several 02 travelers. I notedthat> > > all> > > > 5 of> > > > > them had a Sequal Eclipse POC.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Didn't mean to go on and on - but maybe this will help someone> > else> > > as> > > > the> > > > > plan a car trip.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Sue D.> > > > >> > > > > 62 yr old, Fibrotic NSIP dx 9/07, VA> > > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > >

>> > > > K> > > > Central Il> > > > Hubby ipf- 2006> > > > As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> > > > 14> > > >> > > >> > > > ------------ --------- --------- ---> > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo!Mobile.> > Try> > > it now.> > > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> >____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _\\> > ____________> > > Be a better friend, newshound, and> > > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.> > http://mobile. yahoo.com/ ;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR 8HDtDypao8Wcj9tA

cJ> > >> >>>>>>>> K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> 14>>> ------------ --------- --------- ---> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Tryit now.>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.