RemedySpot.com

Hello

Rate this topic

Guest guest

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

....take your time to grieve. Time takes time..........after some time passes you'll begin to accept what you can't change. I still grieve occasionally and I remember Peggy posting she does too.

Our original diagnosis brings us to our knees and then we start dealing with scans and breathing tests. It's overwhelming.

We've all been where you are and we are here for you.

Have you gone to the home page and clicked on photos? It's fun to look at the pictures and see how 'healthy' we all 'look'. Post one of you too.

A big MamaSher hug to you.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: hello

Geeta,

Thank you so much for your reply and uplifting words. Since I am in the first month since being told I have lung scarring (dr. never even said pulmonary fibrosis, but CT report did), I am very overwhelmed. I did get another pulmonologist appt. at UT Southwestern in Dallas for June 17th. This place is a teaching hospital and well known. I now have until June 6th to teach. I am very supported by my administrators and coworkers.

Reading posts here have both depressed me and encouraged me. I feel very self-centered and know that I am heavily into a grief process. Hopefully one day soon I can cheer up a bit, but right now with prednisone and overload from other sources, I am in all-out survival mode. I can't possibly read all posts and answer all. There are people here that do answer, and they are doing a great service to new people like me. The wisdom and caring comes through so clearly with their well-chosen words. Thank you so much for sharing your story, Geeta! I always wanted to go to India and have been facinated since college with the literature and philosophies of that part of the world.

Take care!

Geeta Vasudev <gita1_v> wrote:

Hi all,i have reading but not posting .We in India are 23 hrsahead so when i get the posts all the responses havebeen made and what I wish to say has already been saidby someone or the other.A warm welcome to allthe newbies though we wouldrather not have you for the reasons you have sought us,you will soon discover that it s agreat support groupwhere you get alot of information ,alot more love andsupport.I would like to tell that i too was a teacher,teaching math to 9th and 10th graders, teaching is agreat passion with me but i had to give it up aftermy disease made it impossible.I was diagnosed with PF(could be NSIP)in 1995 and havebeen mainly treated with Prednisone so you can see howlong we can live with this disease , like some here,iam for prednisone it has helped me a lot though I toowent through all the sideeffects described on thisgroup board, I have sevre osteoporosis with low BMD itook a parathyroid treatment , injections for 18months which helped bone formation since then thefractures are under control.I had hiatal hernia and 2 surgeries and i havecataract , i got one eye done and have to go in forthe second.I have been on o2 since oct2005 2lit atrest and 4to5lit on exertion i find walking climbingstairs, bathing and eating very tough.I have coughedall the time and this under control since the timetime I have been on 02 24/7.I do get infections frequently and take LivoFox forit.in the earlier stages it used to be pneumonia. I have great family support. we live in Mumbai.Zena,I hope you are feeling better, more comfortable aboutmoving?jane ,your post was not very cheerful ,I pray you getmore strength and feel less lonely, we all love you.Gwyenne,I hope you are doing fine , making progres in leapsand bounds ,You are an example inyour positiveattitude and sheer courage.Kathy,hope you are feeling better.Irene, we missed when you were in the hospital and wereanxious about you , finally there is good news fromyou and you got the help and treatment you desrvedsince along time, get well soon and try to put on somewt.Joyce,right since i read about your skin problem i havefelt anguish for you, there seems to be no end to yourtrials and tribulations your courage and fortitudeseems to be challenged each time but shall always bethe winner.I hope you get relief this week , may bethe Flolan will be reduced.All the best for you.Sher,I feel a strong urge to see you and meet you sometime, you are so kind and helpful and wise.,How is Casey?our prayers are with her and all yourfamily , You take care.K,sad to hear the Don is depressed, do you think he willbe happy mowing the lawn or some such activity whichcould cheer him?warm regards to each one of of youGeeta

Guest guest

Sweet Sher, You are a beautiful lady inside and out. I wish I had some of you here to hug. My mom has Alzheimer's, my dad died in '07 of pancreatic cancer, and I was very close to both. It's not surprising that I got sick with all I've been through in the past two years. The nurturing comfort that you give reminds me of them. I will be posting some pictures very soon. Time management has been handicapped by an overactive mind and sickly little body. I am grateful for everything you have written to me and others to spead your unique loving self! Sher Bauman wrote: ....take your time to grieve. Time takes time..........after some time passes you'll begin to accept what you can't change. I still grieve occasionally and I remember Peggy posting she does too. Our original diagnosis brings us to our knees and then we start dealing with scans and breathing tests. It's overwhelming. We've all been where you are and we are here for you. Have you gone to the home page and clicked on photos? It's fun to look at the pictures and see how

'healthy' we all 'look'. Post one of you too. A big MamaSher hug to you. Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! Re: hello Geeta, Thank you so much for your reply and uplifting words. Since I am in the first month since being told I have lung scarring (dr. never even said pulmonary fibrosis, but CT report did), I am very overwhelmed. I did get another pulmonologist appt. at UT Southwestern in Dallas for June 17th. This place is a teaching hospital and well known. I now have until June 6th to teach. I am very supported by my administrators and coworkers. Reading posts here have both depressed me and encouraged me. I feel very self-centered and know that I am heavily into a grief process. Hopefully one day soon I can cheer up a bit, but right now with prednisone and overload from other sources, I am in all-out survival mode. I can't possibly read all posts and answer all. There are people here that do answer, and they are doing a great service to new people like me. The wisdom and caring comes through so clearly with their well-chosen words. Thank you so much for

sharing your story, Geeta! I always wanted to go to India and have been facinated since college with the literature and philosophies of that part of the world. Take care! Geeta Vasudev <gita1_v> wrote: Hi all,i have reading but not posting .We in India are 23 hrsahead so when i get the posts all the responses havebeen made and what I wish to say has already been saidby someone or the other.A warm welcome to allthe newbies though we wouldrather not have you for the reasons you have sought us,you will soon discover that it s agreat support groupwhere you get alot of information ,alot more love andsupport.I would like to tell that i too was a teacher,teaching math to 9th and 10th graders, teaching is agreat passion with me but i had to give it up

aftermy disease made it impossible.I was diagnosed with PF(could be NSIP)in 1995 and havebeen mainly treated with Prednisone so you can see howlong we can live with this disease , like some here,iam for prednisone it has helped me a lot though I toowent through all the sideeffects described on thisgroup board, I have sevre osteoporosis with low BMD itook a parathyroid treatment , injections for 18months which helped bone formation since then thefractures are under control.I had hiatal hernia and 2 surgeries and i havecataract , i got one eye done and have to go in forthe second.I have been on o2 since oct2005 2lit atrest and 4to5lit on exertion i find walking climbingstairs, bathing and eating very tough.I have coughedall the time and this under control since the timetime I have been on 02 24/7.I do get infections frequently and take LivoFox forit.in the earlier stages it used to be pneumonia. I

have great family support. we live in Mumbai.Zena,I hope you are feeling better, more comfortable aboutmoving?jane ,your post was not very cheerful ,I pray you getmore strength and feel less lonely, we all love you.Gwyenne,I hope you are doing fine , making progres in leapsand bounds ,You are an example inyour positiveattitude and sheer courage.Kathy,hope you are feeling better.Irene, we missed when you were in the hospital and wereanxious about you , finally there is good news fromyou and you got the help and treatment you desrvedsince along time, get well soon and try to put on somewt.Joyce,right since i read about your skin problem i havefelt anguish for you, there seems to be no end to yourtrials and tribulations your courage and fortitudeseems to be challenged each time but shall always bethe winner.I hope you get relief this week , may bethe Flolan

will be reduced.All the best for you.Sher,I feel a strong urge to see you and meet you sometime, you are so kind and helpful and wise.,How is Casey?our prayers are with her and all yourfamily , You take care.K,sad to hear the Don is depressed, do you think he willbe happy mowing the lawn or some such activity whichcould cheer him?warm regards to each one of of youGeeta

Guest guest

....oh you do have a heart-full of tears! Your dad's death and mom's Alzheimer's.

Is your mom still able to be with you? You previously wrote she was with you in an apt. so perhaps she is still able to be cared for in your home. Do you have anyone to help with her?

You are still grieving your dad and as Alzheimer's advances it's a grieving process all over again. It's harder than grieving a death even.

You need time to grieve for yourself too . I wish I could come for a visit and we'd have coffee together and give you a break. BTW, where do you live?

Are your days preoccupied with taking care of mom? Are you still working and how old are you? Noisy ain't I??

Do try for time to get rest and have some down time just to read/have tea/ music/ go for a walk.....I of course don't know what your physical capabilities are but mainly find time to put something warm and spiritual and loving into your heart.

You will always miss your dad and mom but it will get easier with time. Right now you can't really 'let go' of mom and you don't really 'have her' either. That's tough. I'm sorry.

If your mind gets going like crazy and you want to stop, say, "Cancel, Cancel, Cancel". It usually works. The brain can't think two thoughts at the same time. It gets easier as you try it. Cancel and then go on to something nice to think about. Plan for something nice to do, think about something new you want to buy......

I relate to you and I'm sorry you have this double-whammy.

How are you personally doing?

A warm hug from MamaSher

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: hello

Geeta,

Thank you so much for your reply and uplifting words. Since I am in the first month since being told I have lung scarring (dr. never even said pulmonary fibrosis, but CT report did), I am very overwhelmed. I did get another pulmonologist appt. at UT Southwestern in Dallas for June 17th. This place is a teaching hospital and well known. I now have until June 6th to teach. I am very supported by my administrators and coworkers.

Reading posts here have both depressed me and encouraged me. I feel very self-centered and know that I am heavily into a grief process. Hopefully one day soon I can cheer up a bit, but right now with prednisone and overload from other sources, I am in all-out survival mode. I can't possibly read all posts and answer all. There are people here that do answer, and they are doing a great service to new people like me. The wisdom and caring comes through so clearly with their well-chosen words. Thank you so much for sharing your story, Geeta! I always wanted to go to India and have been facinated since college with the literature and philosophies of that part of the world.

Take care!

Geeta Vasudev <gita1_v> wrote:

Hi all,i have reading but not posting .We in India are 23 hrsahead so when i get the posts all the responses havebeen made and what I wish to say has already been saidby someone or the other.A warm welcome to allthe newbies though we wouldrather not have you for the reasons you have sought us,you will soon discover that it s agreat support groupwhere you get alot of information ,alot more love andsupport.I would like to tell that i too was a teacher,teaching math to 9th and 10th graders, teaching is agreat passion with me but i had to give it up aftermy disease made it impossible.I was diagnosed with PF(could be NSIP)in 1995 and havebeen mainly treated with Prednisone so you can see howlong we can live with this disease , like some here,iam for prednisone it has helped me a lot though I toowent through all the sideeffects described on thisgroup board, I have sevre osteoporosis with low BMD itook a parathyroid treatment , injections for 18months which helped bone formation since then thefractures are under control.I had hiatal hernia and 2 surgeries and i havecataract , i got one eye done and have to go in forthe second.I have been on o2 since oct2005 2lit atrest and 4to5lit on exertion i find walking climbingstairs, bathing and eating very tough.I have coughedall the time and this under control since the timetime I have been on 02 24/7.I do get infections frequently and take LivoFox forit.in the earlier stages it used to be pneumonia. I have great family support. we live in Mumbai.Zena,I hope you are feeling better, more comfortable aboutmoving?jane ,your post was not very cheerful ,I pray you getmore strength and feel less lonely, we all love you.Gwyenne,I hope you are doing fine , making progres in leapsand bounds ,You are an example inyour positiveattitude and sheer courage.Kathy,hope you are feeling better.Irene, we missed when you were in the hospital and wereanxious about you , finally there is good news fromyou and you got the help and treatment you desrvedsince along time, get well soon and try to put on somewt.Joyce,right since i read about your skin problem i havefelt anguish for you, there seems to be no end to yourtrials and tribulations your courage and fortitudeseems to be challenged each time but shall always bethe winner.I hope you get relief this week , may bethe Flolan will be reduced.All the best for you.Sher,I feel a strong urge to see you and meet you sometime, you are so kind and helpful and wise.,How is Casey?our prayers are with her and all yourfamily , You take care.K,sad to hear the Don is depressed, do you think he willbe happy mowing the lawn or some such activity whichcould cheer him?warm regards to each one of of youGeeta