RemedySpot.com

Re: A real scare

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi guys, I have a lot of emails to wade through but just wanted to give you an update. Yesterday Don was getting ready to go to rehab. He had been out mowing and then he took a shower. When he got out of the shower (he was wearing O2 during all of this) he didn't feel really good so went in to lie down. I peeked in and he was rolled over like he was sleeping. I came back to kitchen and suddenly he was standing looking ghostly white and said "I think I'm in trouble. I'm having chest pains and it is radiating clear to the back." I recognized the look from 10 years ago with his heart attack. I grabbed the nitro and followed him into the bedroom. He put one under his tongue (they expired in 2006 --oops) and I told him to get dressed that we were going somewhere just didn't know how he was going to get there. After a few minutes I asked him if the pain was better.

He said "maybe a little". I said "I'm calling 911". He tried to convince me to drive him in and I told him "no, that I did that 10 years ago and I wasn't doing it again". The rescue squad arrived and monitored him until the ambulance got here and away he went to Peoria to the hospital. The cardiologist wanted to make sure everything was ok (his labs came back ok) so this morning he had a stress test. Not the treadmill kind but the other kind. Everything turned up ok, so the cardiologist decided it was that he had a lack of O2. He was wearing O2, but we have thought it wasn't high enough, just by monitoring with the oxymeter. That heart doesn't like to be low on O2 does it? Anyway Lincare, is coming Monday morning to test him to see if he needs more O2. I'm thinking, "can't we just give him the extra O2 now and test him on

Monday?" But I guess not. Well, thought you might be interested. I'm going to help son and daughter in law plant garden. I may not be able to move tomorrow morning. K Central Il K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

Guest guest

YES give him more 02...didn't the cardo. tell you to? His heart brain and everything in his body HAS to have it.Didn't you get an oxymeter? It is sooooo IMPORTANT not to let his saturation drop below 90, for me it's 92. Oh how scary. Give him my best and tell him to move slowly and breath deep. Love and Prayers, PeggyIPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up." Hi guys,I have a lot of emails to wade through but just wanted to give you an update.  Yesterday Don was getting ready to go to rehab.  He had been out mowing and then he took a shower.  When he got out of the shower (he was wearing O2 during all of this)  he didn't feel really good so went in to lie down.   I peeked in and he was rolled over like he was sleeping.   I came back to kitchen and suddenly he was standing looking ghostly white and said "I think I'm in trouble.  I'm having chest pains and it is radiating clear to the back." I recognized the look from 10 years ago with his heart attack.  I grabbed the nitro and followed him into the bedroom.   He put one under his tongue (they expired in 2006 --oops) and I told him to get dressed that we were going somewhere just didn't know how he was going to get there.  After a few minutes I asked him if the pain was better.  He said "maybe a little".  I said "I'm calling 911". He tried to convince me to drive him in and I told him "no, that I did that 10 years ago and I wasn't doing it again".    The rescue squad arrived and monitored him until the ambulance got here and away he went to Peoria to the hospital.  The cardiologist wanted to make sure everything was ok (his labs came back ok) so this morning he had a stress test.  Not the treadmill kind but the other kind.   Everything turned up ok, so the cardiologist decided it was that he had a lack of O2.   He was wearing O2, but we have thought it wasn't high enough, just by monitoring with the oxymeter.  That heart doesn't like to be low on O2 does it?  Anyway Lincare, is coming Monday morning to test him to see if he needs more O2.  I'm thinking, "can't we just give him the extra O2 now and test him on Monday?"  But I guess not.  Well, thought you might be interested.  I'm going to help  son and daughter in law plant garden.  I may not be able to move tomorrow morning.  KCentral Il   KCentral IlHubby ipf- 2006As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14

Guest guest

Hi Crank it up!!!! If his Sat are below 90 resting you should raise it. If it drops when he moves crank it up for exertion. My Pulmy let me set it where ever I need it. Started at 3 LPM 8/04 Now on 9 LPM Still drops into 70's with very little effort. You can tell more from the Ox meter than the company on Monday. P Kennelly wrote: Hi guys, I have a lot of emails to wade through

but just wanted to give you an update. Yesterday Don was getting ready to go to rehab. He had been out mowing and then he took a shower. When he got out of the shower (he was wearing O2 during all of this) he didn't feel really good so went in to lie down. I peeked in and he was rolled over like he was sleeping. I came back to kitchen and suddenly he was standing looking ghostly white and said "I think I'm in trouble. I'm having chest pains and it is radiating clear to the back." I recognized the look from 10 years ago with his heart attack. I grabbed the nitro and followed him into the bedroom. He put one under his tongue (they expired in 2006 --oops) and I told him to get dressed that we were going somewhere just didn't know how he was going to get there. After a few minutes I asked him if the pain was better. He said "maybe a little". I said "I'm calling

911". He tried to convince me to drive him in and I told him "no, that I did that 10 years ago and I wasn't doing it again". The rescue squad arrived and monitored him until the ambulance got here and away he went to Peoria to the hospital. The cardiologist wanted to make sure everything was ok (his labs came back ok) so this morning he had a stress test. Not the treadmill kind but the other kind. Everything turned up ok, so the cardiologist decided it was that he had a lack of O2. He was wearing O2, but we have thought it wasn't high enough, just by monitoring with the oxymeter. That heart doesn't like to be low on O2 does it? Anyway Lincare, is coming Monday morning to test him to see if he needs more O2. I'm thinking, "can't we just give him the extra O2 now and test him on Monday?" But I guess not. Well, thought you might be

interested. I'm going to help son and daughter in law plant garden. I may not be able to move tomorrow morning. K Central Il K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14 P PM (Polymositis) 12/98, UIP 8/00, o2 24/7 8/04, PH 3/06, ILL yo 59

Guest guest

Please use the oximeter and don't let his O2 fall below 92 or so. If what he's on isn't doing it, CRANK IT! Please don't mess around. You're correct, the heart has a very low tolerance for low O2 levels. Heart muscle DIES with low O2 and when heart muscle dies, a person has what we call a "heart attack". Please keep his sats up on your own till the O2 company gets there on Monday.

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Hi Crank it up!!!! If his Sat are below 90 resting you should raise it. If it drops when he moves crank it up for exertion. My Pulmy let me set it where ever I need it. Started at 3 LPM 8/04 Now on 9 LPM Still drops into 70's with very little effort. You can tell more from the Ox meter than the company on Monday. P Kennelly <l_kennellyyahoo (DOT) com> wrote:

Hi guys,

I have a lot of emails to wade through but just wanted to give you an update. Yesterday Don was getting ready to go to rehab. He had been out mowing and then he took a shower. When he got out of the shower (he was wearing O2 during all of this) he didn't feel really good so went in to lie down. I peeked in and he was rolled over like he was sleeping. I came back to kitchen and suddenly he was standing looking ghostly white and said "I think I'm in trouble. I'm having chest pains and it is radiating clear to the back." I recognized the look from 10 years ago with his heart attack. I grabbed the nitro and followed him into the bedroom. He put one under his tongue (they expired in 2006 --oops) and I told him to get dressed that we were going somewhere just didn't know how he was going to get there. After a few minutes I asked him if the pain was better.

He said "maybe a little". I said "I'm calling 911". He tried to convince me to drive him in and I told him "no, that I did that 10 years ago and I wasn't doing it again". The rescue squad arrived and monitored him until the ambulance got here and away he went to Peoria to the hospital. The cardiologist wanted to make sure everything was ok (his labs came back ok) so this morning he had a stress test. Not the treadmill kind but the other kind. Everything turned up ok, so the cardiologist decided it was that he had a lack of O2. He was wearing O2, but we have thought it wasn't high enough, just by monitoring with the oxymeter. That heart doesn't like to be low on O2 does it?

Anyway Lincare, is coming Monday morning to test him to see if he needs more O2. I'm thinking, "can't we just give him the extra O2 now and test him on Monday?" But I guess not. Well, thought you might be interested. I'm going to help son and daughter in law plant garden. I may not be able to move tomorrow morning.

K

Central Il

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

P PM (Polymositis) 12/98, UIP 8/00, o2 24/7 8/04, PH 3/06, ILL yo 59

Guest guest

Huuuuuu K...sorry for your scare. Especially when Don has had a previous attack. Now you know to keep that O2 up. Does he check his oximeter frequently enough? Especially with exertion!

So what's next? Just Lincare? Lincare does not usually 'test' they only deliver what the dr has given a script for. Maybe you mean something else. No testing can be done by Lincare w/o script from dr. I too have Lincare...........

Hang on.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Hi guys,

I have a lot of emails to wade through but just wanted to give you an update. Yesterday Don was getting ready to go to rehab. He had been out mowing and then he took a shower. When he got out of the shower (he was wearing O2 during all of this) he didn't feel really good so went in to lie down. I peeked in and he was rolled over like he was sleeping. I came back to kitchen and suddenly he was standing looking ghostly white and said "I think I'm in trouble. I'm having chest pains and it is radiating clear to the back." I recognized the look from 10 years ago with his heart attack. I grabbed the nitro and followed him into the bedroom. He put one under his tongue (they expired in 2006 --oops) and I told him to get dressed that we were going somewhere just didn't know how he was going to get there. After a few minutes I asked him if the pain was better. He said "maybe a little". I said "I'm calling 911". He tried to convince me to drive him in and I told him "no, that I did that 10 years ago and I wasn't doing it again". The rescue squad arrived and monitored him until the ambulance got here and away he went to Peoria to the hospital. The cardiologist wanted to make sure everything was ok (his labs came back ok) so this morning he had a stress test. Not the treadmill kind but the other kind. Everything turned up ok, so the cardiologist decided it was that he had a lack of O2. He was wearing O2, but we have thought it wasn't high enough, just by monitoring with the oxymeter. That heart doesn't like to be low on O2 does it?

Anyway Lincare, is coming Monday morning to test him to see if he needs more O2. I'm thinking, "can't we just give him the extra O2 now and test him on Monday?" But I guess not. Well, thought you might be interested. I'm going to help son and daughter in law plant garden. I may not be able to move tomorrow morning.

K

Central Il

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

Guest guest

Well, I called the doc on Friday and asked if we could have a machine with a higher lpm flow. There are times we are at it's peak and it isn't enough. So when I got home on Friday from the hospital, there was a call from Lincare to call them. It was 10:00pm. When the cardio came in this morning, I asked him if it could be from too little O2. He said it sure could and that I should call Lincare ASAP. So I called and talked to one of the supervisors. She said that the doc had called in a script for a test. She said I should call at 9:00 am on Monday morning to schedule a test????????? Can't we just bring a bigger machine now and test him on Monday? Well anyway Don thought that was doable. No showers and just rest tonight and tomorrow. I think he can handle that. So anyway, they are doing the test. K Central

Il Sher Bauman wrote: Huuuuuu K...sorry for your scare. Especially when Don has had a previous attack. Now you know to keep that O2 up. Does he check his oximeter frequently enough? Especially with exertion! So what's next? Just Lincare? Lincare does not usually 'test' they only deliver what the dr has given a script for. Maybe you mean something else. No testing can be done by Lincare w/o script from dr. I too have

Lincare........... Hang on. Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! Re: A real scare Hi guys, I have a lot of emails to wade through but

just wanted to give you an update. Yesterday Don was getting ready to go to rehab. He had been out mowing and then he took a shower. When he got out of the shower (he was wearing O2 during all of this) he didn't feel really good so went in to lie down. I peeked in and he was rolled over like he was sleeping. I came back to kitchen and suddenly he was standing looking ghostly white and said "I think I'm in trouble. I'm having chest pains and it is radiating clear to the back." I recognized the look from 10 years ago with his heart attack. I grabbed the nitro and followed him into the bedroom. He put one under his tongue (they expired in 2006 --oops) and I told him to get dressed that we were going somewhere just didn't know how he was going to get there. After a few minutes I asked him if the pain was better. He said "maybe a little". I said "I'm calling 911".

He tried to convince me to drive him in and I told him "no, that I did that 10 years ago and I wasn't doing it again". The rescue squad arrived and monitored him until the ambulance got here and away he went to Peoria to the hospital. The cardiologist wanted to make sure everything was ok (his labs came back ok) so this morning he had a stress test. Not the treadmill kind but the other kind. Everything turned up ok, so the cardiologist decided it was that he had a lack of O2. He was wearing O2, but we have thought it wasn't high enough, just by monitoring with the oxymeter. That heart doesn't like to be low on O2 does it? Anyway Lincare, is coming Monday morning to test him to see if he needs more O2. I'm thinking, "can't we just give him the extra O2 now and test him on Monday?" But I guess not. Well, thought you might be

interested. I'm going to help son and daughter in law plant garden. I may not be able to move tomorrow morning. K Central Il K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14 K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14

Guest guest

Those hand held shower heads are easy to install. Just unscrew the existing shower head and twist this one on. No tools needed. You can do it. Takes about 5 minutes. It is so nice because it keeps your hands down.

A respiratory therapist said that when you raise your hands over your head it used the intercostal muscles in the top of your chest which used way more 02 than anything else. I have a hand held thingy that I can reach up into cabinets with. I use it every day.

Happy showering to Don! Gotta keep the man clean!

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16 > >> > Hi guys,> > I have a lot of emails to wade through but just wanted to give you an update. Yesterday Don was getting ready to go to rehab. He had been out mowing and then he took a shower. When he got out of the shower (he was wearing O2 during all of this) he didn't feel really good so went in to lie down. I peeked in and he was rolled over like he was sleeping. I came back to kitchen and suddenly he was standing looking ghostly white and said "I think I'm in trouble. I'm having chest pains and it is radiating clear to the back." I recognized the look from 10 years ago with his heart attack. I grabbed the nitro and followed him into the bedroom. He put one under his tongue (they expired in 2006 --oops) and I told him to get dressed that we were going somewhere just didn't know how he was going to get there. After a few minutes I asked him if the pain was better. He said "maybe a little". I said "I'm calling 911". He tried to convince me to drive him in and I told him> > "no, that I did that 10 years ago and I wasn't doing it again". The rescue squad arrived and monitored him until the ambulance got here and away he went to Peoria to the hospital. The cardiologist wanted to make sure everything was ok (his labs came back ok) so this morning he had a stress test. Not the treadmill kind but the other kind. Everything turned up ok, so the cardiologist decided it was that he had a lack of O2. He was wearing O2, but we have thought it wasn't high enough, just by monitoring with the oxymeter. That heart doesn't like to be low on O2 does it? > > Anyway Lincare, is coming Monday morning to test him to see if he needs more O2. I'm thinking, "can't we just give him the extra O2 now and test him on Monday?" But I guess not. Well, thought you might be interested. I'm going to help son and daughter in law plant garden. I may not be able to move tomorrow morning. > > K> > Central Il > > > > > > > > > > > > > > K> > Central Il> > Hubby ipf- 2006> > As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> > 14> >> > > > > > > K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> 14>

Guest guest

K.... gee whiz, a call from Lincare at 10PM seems a bit much doesn't it but I suppose they are trying to be accommodating.

Lincare for ME, calls ME when dr has faxed a script. I usually know dr is going to and on a rare occasion I called because Lincare was too slow! (I mean many days). Dr had not faxed. So watch for a reasonable time period and then follow-up.

It's so hard to be of help when we are not there but turn up the O2 to whatever helps Don! Or turn it up and then down, depending on his exertion level. If he is doing 'nothing'...sitting, TV, maybe he won't need as much.

Also , you should have a RT...Respiratory Therapist, at your beck and call almost, with Lincare. Ask s/he some of the questions you ask us on the board and you will get answers directly related to DON and not just general answers. S/he will know DON.

Hang in there. It's like the blind leading the blind I know. We're here for support but rely on that RT. If you can't get answers, call a super.

God bless.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Hi guys,

I have a lot of emails to wade through but just wanted to give you an update. Yesterday Don was getting ready to go to rehab. He had been out mowing and then he took a shower. When he got out of the shower (he was wearing O2 during all of this) he didn't feel really good so went in to lie down. I peeked in and he was rolled over like he was sleeping. I came back to kitchen and suddenly he was standing looking ghostly white and said "I think I'm in trouble. I'm having chest pains and it is radiating clear to the back." I recognized the look from 10 years ago with his heart attack. I grabbed the nitro and followed him into the bedroom. He put one under his tongue (they expired in 2006 --oops) and I told him to get dressed that we were going somewhere just didn't know how he was going to get there. After a few minutes I asked him if the pain was better. He said "maybe a little". I said "I'm calling 911". He tried to convince me to drive him in and I told him "no, that I did that 10 years ago and I wasn't doing it again". The rescue squad arrived and monitored him until the ambulance got here and away he went to Peoria to the hospital. The cardiologist wanted to make sure everything was ok (his labs came back ok) so this morning he had a stress test. Not the treadmill kind but the other kind. Everything turned up ok, so the cardiologist decided it was that he had a lack of O2. He was wearing O2, but we have thought it wasn't high enough, just by monitoring with the oxymeter. That heart doesn't like to be low on O2 does it?

K

Central Il

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006