RemedySpot.com

RE: Re: Mango Man

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hola, Que Pasa' Well that and how to order a beer is pretty much what I'm remembering of Spanish now. I first started going to Mazatlan in the early 70's stayed at a newer hotel called Hacienda. Still there almost downtown. After marrying convinced my wife of the beautiful mexican people, weather and started staying at the Playa Mazatlan for years. Finally up to about 3 years ago we stayed at the Pueblo Bonita. I think I had finally convinced her of retiring there but with my health going to hell in a handbasket not possible. Love the smoked marlin poppers, fish platter and Pancho himself at Pancho's in golden zone. In drinking days took booze cruises and made Pacifico my best friend. Favorite restaurant (hard to Pick) Casa Loma. One of my favorite buttons on my server is for Pacific Pearl. More later. Especially interested in health care for part time residents. Buenas Tardes, Esteban. Dreaming is still free.

Steve 60 from WA IPF 2006 Parkinsons 2008

Alzheimers 2008

Reply-To: Breathe-Support To: Breathe-Support Subject: Re: Mango ManDate: Wed, 14 May 2008 09:16:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hola Steve,

I have been a member of this forum for going on a year now. My wife is a member of the "care provider" group. The reason you have not heard from me is that even though we are living the dream, it doesn't include much sitting on a beach putting down margaritas. We are part of about 5000 expatriates from the US and Canada who for the greater part of each year reside here in Mazatlan, Mexico. Some of them, like us, are literally consumed by the various charitable organizations that have evolved here to help those in need. We personally are involved in such groups as Friends of Mexico, Hands Across the Border, American Legion, Salvation Army as Tres Islas as well as our favorite orphanage (which we adopted) Rancho de los Ninos - where more than half the children are disabled. As a result, I have difficulty finding time to browse my emails each day what more the ability to respond to many of them. I do have my limits, as do all of us with IPF, but I find by staying as busy as I can, there is no time to dwell on how I am feeling or what the future may hold. It is ironic you should bring up Jimmy Buffet. We actually put in a request to take the annual Parrothead Cruise this year but missed out as it sold out within 12 hours of opening. We both thought I may have been taking on too much by doing it but this year may have been my best shot. There is still an outside chance we may win the raffle for two reservations My business card - retired but not dead - has a phrase by Mark Twain on the back of it which reads:

"Tweny years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines Sails away from the safe harbor Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

If I remember correctly, Jimmy Buffet had this quote in one of the books he's written. They are words I try to live by. Life here in Mexico is great but for the air quality. Latin America's attitude of "slash and burn" doesn't set too well with those who are super sensative to smoke. In addition the cars (no exhaust controls) and electric plant (which burns sludge) add to the mix that chases people like me indoors. Other than that, the Mexicana's are very kind and friendly, the cost of living is much more manageable than the states, the weather exceptional and the expatriates an unbelievable source of diversity from all walks of life.

We plan on living our dream as long as I am able. Our hearts go out to those who are not so fortunate to have been able to pursue theirs. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all - both victims and caregivers alike - who are dealing with this monster !

Mike