RemedySpot.com

Being mobile on high flow

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I am wondering (Joyce and Gwynne, I am sure that you have an answer to this question) what you used when you wanted to go outside the home. If there a mobile device that has a higher flow than 6? I need 8 in order to keep my oxygen level above 90 and I sure am not ready to sit at home yet. Diane IPF June 07New Brunswick, Canada

Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail

Guest guest

Diane,

I use the Companion T liquid tanks which go to 15L. One tank does me about 1 hour 45 minutes at 8 - 10L. I take two of these. I can hang two on the handles of my wheelchair or I have a cart that I can push. I also take several E tanks in the car for back up in case I stay longer than 3 hours or so. (and we all know sometimes that happens with docs and testing). I have a bag for the E tank that fits on the back of my wheelchair, also.

So, if I think it is going to be a long trek, I have the E tank and two liquids on the back of my wheelchair. Of course you have to have someone to push....unless you have all the electric wheelchair lifts, etc.

It is a fiasco every time I leave the house. On top of all that I have a medicine bag to pack which has supplies for my Flolan infusion. Unreal. But, we do it and have a good time. Today, we went to Home Depot, a furniture store and out to eat. I am pooped....but it is much better than being stuck in the house!

Nope, Diane, don't give in to staying home. I push, push, push and keep upright as much as possible. Gets more and more difficult, but onward and upward.

Today I walked into the restaurant instead of using the wheelchair. I am having trouble getting my legs back. I hate the wheelchair. I feel somehow diminished in it. Hard to explain. But, whatever it takes!

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16

>> I am wondering (Joyce and Gwynne, I am sure that you have an answer to this question) what you used when you wanted to go outside the home. If there a mobile device that has a higher flow than 6? I need 8 in order to keep my oxygen level above 90 and I sure am not ready to sit at home yet.> Diane > IPF June 07> New Brunswick, Canada> > > __________________________________________________________________> Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people. Go to Yahoo! Answers and share what you know at http://ca.answers.yahoo.com>

Guest guest

Thanks for the info, Joyce. I am assuming that the E tanks are liquid as well? I saw my pulmo yesterday and I do not have pulmonary hypertension. That was actually the bad news. My disease is apparently very active and on a rampage. He says the only option is to try the course of medications (prednisone, imuran, NAC). He is not hopeful but we are going to try for 6 weeks and see if it slows down the progress. If not... no other options. I hope this finds you as well as you can be. Diane IPF June 07New Brunswick, Canada

Re: Being mobile on high flow

Diane,

I use the Companion T liquid tanks which go to 15L. One tank does me about 1 hour 45 minutes at 8 - 10L. I take two of these. I can hang two on the handles of my wheelchair or I have a cart that I can push. I also take several E tanks in the car for back up in case I stay longer than 3 hours or so. (and we all know sometimes that happens with docs and testing). I have a bag for the E tank that fits on the back of my wheelchair, also.

So, if I think it is going to be a long trek, I have the E tank and two liquids on the back of my wheelchair. Of course you have to have someone to push....unless you have all the electric wheelchair lifts, etc.

It is a fiasco every time I leave the house. On top of all that I have a medicine bag to pack which has supplies for my Flolan infusion. Unreal. But, we do it and have a good time. Today, we went to Home Depot, a furniture store and out to eat. I am pooped....but it is much better than being stuck in the house!

Nope, Diane, don't give in to staying home. I push, push, push and keep upright as much as possible. Gets more and more difficult, but onward and upward.

Today I walked into the restaurant instead of using the wheelchair. I am having trouble getting my legs back. I hate the wheelchair. I feel somehow diminished in it. Hard to explain. But, whatever it takes!

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16

>> I am wondering (Joyce and Gwynne, I am sure that you have an answer to this question) what you used when you wanted to go outside the home. If there a mobile device that has a higher flow than 6? I need 8 in order to keep my oxygen level above 90 and I sure am not ready to sit at home yet.> Diane > IPF June 07> New Brunswick, Canada> > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________> Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people. Go to Yahoo! Answers and share what you know at http://ca.answers. yahoo.com>

All new Yahoo! Mail - Get a sneak peak at messages with a handy reading pane.

Guest guest

Diane, Don't give up! I am new here also. Reading your post, I realized that you are probably in a panic. You don't have to accept that there are no other options, I feel. I'm hoping that a run of prednisone will slow things down. It's a very good thing that you don't have pulmonary hypertension. Hang in there and I'll be here to help you with prednisone issues if necessary. I have read a book and everything else I can find (no doctor will tell you the nitty gritty). Diane wrote: Thanks for the info, Joyce. I am assuming that the E tanks are liquid as well? I saw my pulmo yesterday and I do not have pulmonary hypertension. That was actually the bad news. My disease is apparently very active and on a rampage. He says the only option is to try the course of medications (prednisone, imuran, NAC). He is not hopeful but we are going to try for 6 weeks and see if it slows down the progress. If not... no other options. I hope this finds you as well as you can be. Diane IPF June 07New Brunswick, Canada Re: Being mobile on high flow Diane, I use the Companion T liquid tanks which go to 15L. One tank does me about 1 hour 45 minutes at 8 - 10L. I take two of these. I can hang two on the handles of my wheelchair or I have a cart that I can push. I also take several E tanks in the car for back up in case I stay longer than 3 hours or so. (and we all know sometimes that happens with docs and testing). I have a bag for the E tank that fits on the back of my wheelchair, also. So, if I think it is going to be a long trek, I have the E tank

and two liquids on the back of my wheelchair. Of course you have to have someone to push....unless you have all the electric wheelchair lifts, etc. It is a fiasco every time I leave the house. On top of all that I have a medicine bag to pack which has supplies for my Flolan infusion. Unreal. But, we do it and have a good time. Today, we went to Home Depot, a furniture store and out to eat. I am pooped....but it is much better than being stuck in the house! Nope, Diane, don't give in to staying home. I push, push, push and keep upright as much as possible. Gets more and more difficult, but onward and upward. Today I walked into the restaurant instead of using the wheelchair. I am having trouble getting my legs back. I hate the

wheelchair. I feel somehow diminished in it. Hard to explain. But, whatever it takes! Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16 >> I

am wondering (Joyce and Gwynne, I am sure that you have an answer to this question) what you used when you wanted to go outside the home. If there a mobile device that has a higher flow than 6? I need 8 in order to keep my oxygen level above 90 and I sure am not ready to sit at home yet.> Diane > IPF June 07> New Brunswick, Canada> > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________> Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people. Go to Yahoo! Answers and share what you know at http://ca.answers. yahoo.com> All

new Yahoo! Mail - Get a sneak peak at messages with a handy reading pane.

Guest guest

Thank you, . I am not panicking much and I will be optomistic about the drugs. I am very realistic though and believe in facing things head on. My doctor has been very thorough and I think that I am aware of any potential problems that might come my way. When something does crop up that I am unsure of, someone on the board always has an answer. Welcome to the group but so sorry that you need to be here. Diane IPF June 07New Brunswick, Canada

Diane,

>> I am wondering (Joyce and Gwynne, I am sure that you have an answer to this question) what you used when you wanted to go outside the home. If there a mobile device that has a higher flow than 6? I need 8 in order to keep my oxygen level above 90 and I sure am not ready to sit at home yet.> Diane > IPF June 07> New Brunswick, Canada> > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________> Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people. Go to Yahoo! Answers and share what you know at http://ca.answers. yahoo.com>

Yahoo! Canada Toolbar : Search from anywhere on the web and bookmark your favourite sites. Download it now!

Guest guest

Diane, You are a lot more together than I am right now, armed with a good doctor and precise information. You seem to be okay, and I'm glad that you are. I hope that you get your oxygen situation worked out and life is smoother. Have a good weekend! Diane wrote: Thank you, . I am not panicking much and I will be optomistic about the drugs. I

am very realistic though and believe in facing things head on. My doctor has been very thorough and I think that I am aware of any potential problems that might come my way. When something does crop up that I am unsure of, someone on the board always has an answer. Welcome to the group but so sorry that you need to be here. Diane IPF June 07New Brunswick, Canada Re: Being mobile on high flow Diane, I use the Companion T liquid tanks which go to

15L. One tank does me about 1 hour 45 minutes at 8 - 10L. I take two of these. I can hang two on the handles of my wheelchair or I have a cart that I can push. I also take several E tanks in the car for back up in case I stay longer than 3 hours or so. (and we all know sometimes that happens with docs and testing). I have a bag for the E tank that fits on the back of my wheelchair, also. So, if I think it is going to be a long trek, I have the E tank and two liquids on the back of my wheelchair. Of course you have to have someone to push....unless you have all the electric wheelchair lifts, etc. It is a fiasco every time I leave the house. On top of all that I have a medicine bag to pack which has supplies for my Flolan infusion. Unreal. But, we do it and have a good time.

Today, we went to Home Depot, a furniture store and out to eat. I am pooped....but it is much better than being stuck in the house! Nope, Diane, don't give in to staying home. I push, push, push and keep upright as much as possible. Gets more and more difficult, but onward and upward. Today I walked into the restaurant instead of using the wheelchair. I am having trouble getting my legs back. I hate the wheelchair. I feel somehow diminished in it. Hard to explain. But, whatever it takes! Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16 >> I am wondering (Joyce and Gwynne, I am sure that you have an answer to this question) what you used when you wanted to go outside the home. If there a mobile device that has a higher flow than 6? I need 8 in order to keep my oxygen level above 90 and I sure am not ready to sit at home yet.> Diane > IPF June 07> New Brunswick, Canada> > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________

_________> Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people. Go to Yahoo! Answers and share what you know at http://ca.answers. yahoo.com> All new Yahoo! Mail - Get a sneak peak at messages with a handy reading pane. Yahoo! Canada Toolbar : Search from anywhere on the web and bookmark your favourite sites. Download it now!

Guest guest

Diane,

No, E tanks are compressed and I carry them in case the liquid freezes or I have a problem filling them. You just have to have back up. The providers here do not like to give you both. But, you can fuss enough to get your way.

I think doing to agressive treatment for 6 weeks is a good thing. It is the same treatment most docs use to try to stabilize the patient. Works for lots of us. I pray it will work for you. Just be patient and suffer through the Prednisone. Nobody likes that stuff!

Be well soon!

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16> >> > I am wondering (Joyce and Gwynne, I am sure that you have an answer to this question) what you used when you wanted to go outside the home. If there a mobile device that has a higher flow than 6? I need 8 in order to keep my oxygen level above 90 and I sure am not ready to sit at home yet.> > Diane > > IPF June 07> > New Brunswick, Canada> > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________> > Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people. Go to Yahoo! Answers and share what you know at http://ca.answers. yahoo.com> >> > > > > > > > > > __________________________________________________________________> Yahoo! Canada Toolbar: Search from anywhere on the web, and bookmark your favourite sites. Download it now at> http://ca.toolbar.yahoo..com.>

Guest guest

I do have both now but the compressed tanks only go up to 6 lpm. Diane IPF June 07New Brunswick, Canada

Diane,

No, E tanks are compressed and I carry them in case the liquid freezes or I have a problem filling them. You just have to have back up. The providers here do not like to give you both. But, you can fuss enough to get your way.

I think doing to agressive treatment for 6 weeks is a good thing. It is the same treatment most docs use to try to stabilize the patient. Works for lots of us. I pray it will work for you. Just be patient and suffer through the Prednisone. Nobody likes that stuff!

Be well soon!

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16> >> > I am wondering (Joyce and Gwynne, I am sure that you have an answer to this question) what you used when you wanted to go outside the home. If there a mobile device that has a higher flow than 6? I need 8 in order to keep my oxygen level above 90 and I sure am not ready to sit at home yet.> > Diane

> > IPF June 07> > New Brunswick, Canada> > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________> > Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people. Go to Yahoo! Answers and share what you know at http://ca.answers. yahoo.com> >> > > > > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________> Yahoo! Canada Toolbar: Search from anywhere on the web, and bookmark your favourite sites. Download it now at> http://ca.toolbar. yahoo..com.>

Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail

Guest guest

Diane,

It sounds like you need a different regulator... the doohickey that you attach to the top of the tank that regulates flow. I have one that goes up to 15 liters per minute. Ask your oxygen supplier for one that allows you to use a higher flow. You may need a script but a call to your doctor should get that accomplished quickly.

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Diane,

Be well soon!

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16> >> > I am wondering (Joyce and Gwynne, I am sure that you have an answer to this question) what you used when you wanted to go outside the home. If there a mobile device that has a higher flow than 6? I need 8 in order to keep my oxygen level above 90 and I sure am not ready to sit at home yet.> > Diane

> > IPF June 07> > New Brunswick, Canada> > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________> > Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people. Go to Yahoo! Answers and share what you know at http://ca.answers. yahoo.com> >> > > > > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________> Yahoo! Canada Toolbar: Search from anywhere on the web, and bookmark your favourite sites. Download it now at> http://ca.toolbar. yahoo..com.>

Guest guest

I wasn't aware that they had different regulators. That is very good news. My O2 supplier will be here next week to reasses what I need. No script is needed from the doctor. It works a bit differently here. I have twice the equipment I need. They always seem happy to provide whatever I ask for and some things that I don't. You have put my mind at ease, Beth. Thank you. Diane IPF June 07New Brunswick, Canada

Diane,

Be well soon!

Guest guest

Diane,

Glad I could help...I forgot momentarily that you were in Canada. I realize it works differently up there and I'm glad it will be relatively easy for you to get what you need.

I totally understand the need to stay mobile and active! It helps me feel less like a sick person if I can get out and about!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Diane,

Be well soon!

Guest guest

MB do you know if reg. come in a high flow pulse?? I would love it if Chad made one.  Love and Prayers, PeggyIPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up." Diane,Glad I could help...I forgot momentarily that you were in Canada. I realize it works differently up there and I'm glad it will be relatively easy for you to get what you need. I totally understand the need to stay mobile and active! It helps me feel less like a sick person if I can get out and about! Beth Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Change everything. Love and Forgive       Re: Being mobile on high flowDiane,No, E tanks are compressed and I carry them in case the liquid freezes or I have a problem filling them.  You just have to have back up.  The providers here do not like to give you both.  But, you can fuss enough to get your way. I think doing to agressive treatment for 6 weeks is a good thing.  It is the same treatment most docs use to try to stabilize the patient.  Works for lots of us.  I pray it will work for you.  Just be patient and suffer through the Prednisone.  Nobody likes that stuff! Be well soon!Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997    Bronchiectasis 2004    Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc)  Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you.  Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands.  Isaiah 49: 15-16> >> > I am wondering (Joyce and Gwynne, I am sure that you have an answer to this question) what you used when you wanted to go outside the home.  If there a mobile device that has a higher flow than 6? I need 8 in order to keep my oxygen level above 90 and I sure am not ready to sit at home yet.> >  Diane > > IPF June 07> > New Brunswick, Canada> > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________> > Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people. Go to Yahoo! Answers and share what you know at http://ca.answers. yahoo.com> >> > > > > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________> Yahoo! Canada Toolbar: Search from anywhere on the web, and bookmark your favourite sites. Download it now at> http://ca.toolbar. yahoo..com.>Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with the All-new Yahoo! MailAll new Yahoo! Mail - Get a sneak peak at messages with a handy reading pane.

Guest guest

Hi Diane, If you go to Google and put Oxygen regulators you'll find a lot of medical places that have all kinds.I am going to look for a high flow pulse.. we'll see. Love and Prayers, PeggyIPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up." I wasn't aware that they had different regulators.  That is very good news.  My O2 supplier will be here next week to reasses what I need.  No script is needed from the doctor.  It works a bit differently here.  I have twice the equipment I need.  They always seem happy to provide whatever I ask for and some things that I don't.  You have put my mind at ease, Beth.  Thank you. Diane IPF June 07New Brunswick, Canada Re: Being mobile on high flowDiane,No, E tanks are compressed and I carry them in case the liquid freezes or I have a problem filling them.  You just have to have back up.  The providers here do not like to give you both.  But, you can fuss enough to get your way. I think doing to agressive treatment for 6 weeks is a good thing.  It is the same treatment most docs use to try to stabilize the patient.  Works for lots of us.  I pray it will work for you.  Just be patient and suffer through the Prednisone.  Nobody likes that stuff! Be well soon!Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997    Bronchiectasis 2004    Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc)  Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you.  Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands.  Isaiah 49: 15-16> >> > I am wondering (Joyce and Gwynne, I am sure that you have an answer to this question) what you used when you wanted to go outside the home.  If there a mobile device that has a higher flow than 6? I need 8 in order to keep my oxygen level above 90 and I sure am not ready to sit at home yet.> >  Diane > > IPF June 07> > New Brunswick, Canada> > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________> > Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people. Go to Yahoo! Answers and share what you know at http://ca.answers. yahoo.com> >> > > > > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________> Yahoo! Canada Toolbar: Search from anywhere on the web, and bookmark your favourite sites. Download it now at> http://ca.toolbar. yahoo..com.>Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with the All-new Yahoo! MailAll new Yahoo! Mail - Get a sneak peak at messages with a handy reading pane.