RemedySpot.com

Steve amd Vickies Alaska Cruise

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

We've been home for a week and I am finally getting enough energy back to relate what a good time we did have. Left Saturday at 4:00pm on Norwegian Star from Pier 60 downtown Seattle. took a limo so not to have to hassle with traffic. About day and a half just cruising then stopped in Ketchican. Do Not Fear Little Electric Carts. At the last minute I arranged for a elctric cart for my cabin and was able to use it on shore even. Ketchican was raining and I talked to a local who was supprised I wasn't ducking for cover. The mist they call rain in Ketchican is nothing compared to what we face in Seattle. I liked Ketchican a lot. Back to the ship and overnite to Juneau. Handicap excursions were limited. Juneau is in a very picturesqe sitting however. Did find a bus with lift that took us to shopping center. Supprise they were the same stores we found in Ketchican. Evidentally most of the shopping is owned by the cruise lines rather than locals. When we sailed from Juneau our next stop was to be Skagway but first some sailing among the icebergs from Mendanhal Glacier. Worth the whole trip. Ship manuevered right up to the glacier. Fantastic. Then Skagway my favorite. Beautiful setting steep mountains right down to the water. We had 5 overcast days and a couple sunny. Next stop was Prince Rupert, BC. It was clear and windy and I looked down the gang plank, turned and looked at Vickie and went back to state room and slept till we were already leaving. Got back to Seattle and have been sleeping better and breathing better.

Steve 60 from WA IPF 2006 Parkinsons 2008