RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: &*#$£$£&%###Blood test &*%^^##@@

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Zena, Joyce

I'm also hard to poke, right now I have about 9 bruises on my hands from the sticking of needles, for

blood tests and IV line, that was before the IV nurse told my medical team I need a PICC Line for easy

access. In hospital every morning they were giving an injection of blood thinner. I hate it, but I had no

choice.

Yes definitely, the bruises are multi-coloured. Sometimes I feel, like fireworks!

What I hate the most is they have me on 11 different medications, so I won't relapse or flare.

Joyce, I Hope you're feeling better! 2 years ago, I was told I had Drug Induced Lupus...was told when

I go outside in the sun need to be covered. Sometimes in the summer you will see me with winter sweaters

and sunglasses when outside, because I'm on Prednisone 35mg, I need to cover up.

Zena, when they take your blood, do they use a the big needle or the smallest needle possible. One

thing I found is when I go for my 2 months blood tests, I ask them to use a butterfly needle

(the same way they take blood from a baby).

Now I won't have to worry because of the PICC Line

Irene

Raynaud's Disease 09/07

PF 03/07 Crohn's Disease 03/95

---- Original Message ----

To: Breathe-Support

Sent: Thu, 22 May 2008 6:31 pm

Subject: Re: & *#$£$£ & %###Blood test & *%^^##@@

Zena,

Since I do blood work at least once a week and I am on Coumadin, I too am multicolored. As the week wears on the bruises turn all different colors. I am truly a work of art. Maybe we could start a new fad.

I am just so glad when there is an IV nurse or phlebotomist to stick me. Regular nurses do not draw blood well. I am a hard to stick gal and they just torture me. I always come out of the hospital looking like a map of the world. My arms were just covered this last time.

Hugs, Joyce D.

Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008

Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006

......I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16

>

>

> Arrrgh [X-(] stupid *^$%* & #+( & @ phlebotomist left a bruise on my arm

> the size of my )%$££$## hand [X-(]

>

> I'm not impressed [[-(]

>

> Can you tell [:D]

>

> Love a multi-coloured Ze xx

>

Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment – with a Canadian perspective.