RemedySpot.com

Sher

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Well, it is a little late for this trip but the guy from Lincare said we would take care of it on Monday. I really don't like him. He is not very efficient like the girls were. You will not believe what Don said tonight. We were talking to our youngest son, and I was telling him that he got on the phone with all of you guys. He said, " Boy those guys can take a really bad situation and have a lot of fun with it." LOL I mentioned that you guys won't let this disease ruin the rest of your lives. He said "Well, I just don't think there is any humor in the whole situation." Our son said "Well dad, maybe you would feel better if you had a little more fun with it." He has always had such a wonderful sense of humor. He always made me laugh at least once a day. It has been so different since is diagnosis. Thanks guys, maybe he will get better as he

get to know you all. K IllinoisSher Bauman wrote: K....let me add my experience traveling.....do find out what you want EARLY and let your provider know in plenty of time. Sometimes your provider will have to contact another provider in another area to provide what you need...all takes time and organization. Good luck to both of you. Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! Re: My first car trip on oxygen therapy Power Inverters Call your oxygen company first thing Monday. They dispatch very earlyand if he doesn't have it with him he can't bring it

for you. He couldjust bring you an extra concentrator and put it in your vehicle for youtomorrow. Then you'd easily get someone to handle it at a motel. Thatsounds simplest to me. So call first moment they take calls. In fact,they may have a line you can leave message on now as well, but I'd stillcall first thing.> > > > >> > > > > Hi list friends,> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > When I joined this group a couple of months ago, I was

asking> > about> > > > > portable o2 concentrators and the logistics of traveling with> > > oxygen.> > > > > Thanks for all your responses.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Anyway, I bought a Sequal II-Eclipse portable concentrator. It> > puts> > > > out> > > > > 1-6 liters on pulse and up to 3 on continuous. I need 6 on> > exertion,> > > > but> > > > > do fine riding in a car with the lower rate. Since most of my> > travel> > > > > would be riding and visiting with very little exertion, I felt> > this> > > > would> > > > > work for me. We took 6 E-tanks as back up (for a 10-day trip)and> > > one> > > > big> > > > > M-tank.

The battery lasts about 2 hours, and recharges itself> > > plugged> > > > > into the cigarette lighter. My husband did have to haveanother> > > > cigarette> > > > > lighter outlet put in the back seat because of the other stuff> > > plugged> > > > in> > > > > the front (phone ad GPS) The newer cars can probably handlethe> > > > voltage (or> > > > > amps) need to run and recharge the Eclipse.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > My husband wanted to take my big, heavy, home concentrator,but I> > > > nixed> > > > > that idea. I only ran out of battery power one time, but hadthe> > > back> > > > up> > > > > E-tank in the car. The battery charges pretty

quickly if the> > machine> > > > is> > > > > not turned on, but will take longer if you are using it and> > > recharging> > > > it> > > > > at the same time. I should have taken the big concentratorbecause> > > the> > > > > longer hose would have made it easier to get around the motelroom> > > > ,into> > > > > the bathroom, take a shower, and get around friends houses,> > without> > > > > having to drag around the Eclipse. Also, found out you canonly> > use> > > > the 7> > > > > ft hose that comes with the Eclipse because it won't work on a> > pulse> > > > > setting with a longer hose. But, all in all, I used thatEclipse> > > > almost> > > > > continuously for 10

days, and it didn't fail me at all. Ireally> > > > didn't> > > > > need the big M-tank at all.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > I just got my issue of the newletter put out by the Pulmonary> > > Fibrosis> > > > org> > > > > and on the cover was a photo of several 02 travelers. I notedthat> > > all> > > > 5 of> > > > > them had a Sequal Eclipse POC.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Didn't mean to go on and on - but maybe this will help someone> > else> > > as> > > > the> > > > > plan a car trip.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Sue D.> >

> > >> > > > > 62 yr old, Fibrotic NSIP dx 9/07, VA> > > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > K> > > > Central Il> > > > Hubby ipf- 2006> > > > As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> > > > 14> > > >> > > >> > > > ------------ --------- --------- ---> > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo!Mobile.> > Try> > > it now.> > > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> >__________________________________________________________\\> > ____________> > > Be a better friend,

newshound, and> > > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.> > http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ> > >> >>>>>>>> K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> 14>>> ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Tryit now.> K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my

house, we will serve the Lord 14

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Sher,

I'm happy to hear that Chip is still with us. He and your whole family have been in my prayers!

Love,

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Hope All had a Happy Mother's Day> > > > HI Everyone!>

> & I had a funny, outrageous Mother's Day, yesterday & today. We loaded up our car & left yesterday at 4 pm. Arrived at 's apt at about 7 pm. I made sure my Helios's Marathon was full before we left, packed my concentrator for the house, & put the POC in the car. When I got in the car, hooked up the POC & turned it on. Then she turned off the Helios.> > About 7:30, we drove over to Opry Mills Mall, which is across the street from the Grand Ole Opry. The show we were going to started at 9:30. In the meantime, we walked a little in the mall and ate at a buffet restaurant. Parking places were so hard to find! We rode around & round looking for a handicapped parking place, We had been assured that there were 100 handicapped places across from the Grand Ole Opry. The first show started at 6:30 & ended at 9. No one was moving their cars out of any of those parking spaces. Eventually we found

one a couple of rows over from the handicapped areas. Before leaving, I had picked up the wheelchair that my mother had used. I had to talk into letting me use the wheelchair. She did not want me to use it. I knew it was a long walk and up a gradual sloping hill. I was in the wheelchair and was pushing. We had a hard time getting around cars so that we could cross the street to the Grand Ole Opry. Eventually we made it across, up the little hill and then saw the ticket office. Our tickets were reserved and we were picking them up. ( was really worried about this). We got the tickets and sat in the long line. Garth held up the first show, because he was inducting Underwood into the Grand Ole Opry. That is why there were no handicapped parking places. Finally we went in, and found our section & seats, ground floor! Really good seats. We were told the wheelchair had to be stored at the front door ( worried

about this, too) and when she came back, they had given her a number so we could pick it up. The show started. Everyone was taking pictures, so we did, too. It was being broadcast live on TV & radio, so we had many commercials. Underwood was magnificent! Her voice has really improved since she won American Idol. Then the Square Dancers came back on, and & Vince Dill danced with them, too. After left the stage, I noticed many people got up and left. & I left a few minutes later, before the last segment of the show (it was 12:30 am our time) went in the gift shop looked around. bought a Underwood poster. At the checkout line, I noticed some people were buying rain ponchos. Now I wondered about that. I left and went to get the wheelchair at the front door. RAIN! The gift shop had sold out of rain ponchos. (It's hard to be prepared for everything, especially with carrying O2). came back and I was

sitting in the wheelchair. (12:30 am our time) We decided to make a run for it, actually was doing the running as I was riding. Soaking wet! All the way! We went down the hill and to the parking lot and couldn't find the car. had put her new poster under her shirt. was so aggravated because we couldn't find the car. Eventually we found it, but we were soooo wet! Then poor was trying to put the wheel chair in the trunk and it can be tricky. Fortunately, I was still using the Helios and left the POC in the car. By 1:30 am, we were back at 's apartment and it was still raining. Didn't matter because we were already wet. This morning when we were getting ready to leave, I tried the Helios and it was still working! I used it when we went to eat at the Cracker Barrel before driving to Dalton. I filled up that Helios yesterday. Every time I got in the car, I used the POC. We had such a whacky weekend! & I were sleeping in

her bed together and early this morning, she started patting my hair, and I said what is it? started talking to Max. I told her, I'm not Max! She was talking in her sleep. We are still giggling about that.> > Time for bed. 1:30 am early this morning? UGH!> > Toodles!> > Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl>

Guest guest

MB...thanks for your prayers and thoughts. Prayer is so powerful.

Chip continues to improve, slowly.

Take good care of you. Hugs.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Hope All had a Happy Mother's Day> > > > HI Everyone!> > & I had a funny, outrageous Mother's Day, yesterday & today. We loaded up our car & left yesterday at 4 pm. Arrived at 's apt at about 7 pm. I made sure my Helios's Marathon was full before we left, packed my concentrator for the house, & put the POC in the car. When I got in the car, hooked up the POC & turned it on. Then she turned off the Helios.> > About 7:30, we drove over to Opry Mills Mall, which is across the street from the Grand Ole Opry. The show we were going to started at 9:30. In the meantime, we walked a little in the mall and ate at a buffet restaurant. Parking places were so hard to find! We rode around & round looking for a handicapped parking place, We had been assured that there were 100 handicapped places across from the Grand Ole Opry. The first show started at 6:30 & ended at 9. No one was moving their cars out of any of those parking spaces. Eventually we found one a couple of rows over from the handicapped areas. Before leaving, I had picked up the wheelchair that my mother had used. I had to talk into letting me use the wheelchair. She did not want me to use it. I knew it was a long walk and up a gradual sloping hill. I was in the wheelchair and was pushing. We had a hard time getting around cars so that we could cross the street to the Grand Ole Opry. Eventually we made it across, up the little hill and then saw the ticket office. Our tickets were reserved and we were picking them up. ( was really worried about this). We got the tickets and sat in the long line. Garth held up the first show, because he was inducting Underwood into the Grand Ole Opry. That is why there were no handicapped parking places. Finally we went in, and found our section & seats, ground floor! Really good seats. We were told the wheelchair had to be stored at the front door ( worried about this, too) and when she came back, they had given her a number so we could pick it up. The show started. Everyone was taking pictures, so we did, too. It was being broadcast live on TV & radio, so we had many commercials. Underwood was magnificent! Her voice has really improved since she won American Idol. Then the Square Dancers came back on, and & Vince Dill danced with them, too. After left the stage, I noticed many people got up and left. & I left a few minutes later, before the last segment of the show (it was 12:30 am our time) went in the gift shop looked around. bought a Underwood poster. At the checkout line, I noticed some people were buying rain ponchos. Now I wondered about that. I left and went to get the wheelchair at the front door. RAIN! The gift shop had sold out of rain ponchos. (It's hard to be prepared for everything, especially with carrying O2). came back and I was sitting in the wheelchair. (12:30 am our time) We decided to make a run for it, actually was doing the running as I was riding. Soaking wet! All the way! We went down the hill and to the parking lot and couldn't find the car. had put her new poster under her shirt. was so aggravated because we couldn't find the car. Eventually we found it, but we were soooo wet! Then poor was trying to put the wheel chair in the trunk and it can be tricky. Fortunately, I was still using the Helios and left the POC in the car. By 1:30 am, we were back at 's apartment and it was still raining. Didn't matter because we were already wet. This morning when we were getting ready to leave, I tried the Helios and it was still working! I used it when we went to eat at the Cracker Barrel before driving to Dalton. I filled up that Helios yesterday. Every time I got in the car, I used the POC. We had such a whacky weekend! & I were sleeping in her bed together and early this morning, she started patting my hair, and I said what is it? started talking to Max. I told her, I'm not Max! She was talking in her sleep. We are still giggling about that.> > Time for bed. 1:30 am early this morning? UGH!> > Toodles!> > Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl>

Guest guest

Geeta....I so regret I am not near San ....There are quite a few in CA however and hopefully some of them are near San and could meet with you.

How nice you are having another grandchild! I know they have to stop eventually but I'm sorry my girls have stopped having babies. lol. My youngest GC is 9 so now it's on to the greats....I don't see them much but I have 3.

I hope you aren't having trouble with O2 arrangements as you fly......or are you on O2? I swear Geeta, I forget details about so many people unless we post frequently.

How is the weather in India? Do you have seasons where you are?

Love to you.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Sher

Sher,yes we intend to come to Us around Augst we were tocome in April but we heard from our daughter that she is expectingher second baby , she is due in November so decided to to bethere to be around with her at that time we have begun planningout the various requirements fro the flight. I so... feel like likemeeting you all. I will be in San CalifornialoveGeeta

Guest guest

Sher,

We are thrilled at the news that my daughter is having a second

baby because her first is already 6yrs old and we wernt expecting

another.I just exult in my interactions with Aswini my grand

daughter and we chat every dayon the net it is one of the highpoints

of my day!

Ihave been on 02 since 2005 ,24/7 It is 2 L permin @rest and 4lit

per min on exersion.

It is going to be avery long and arduos flight for me , my back is

weak and sitting for long hrs is tough the flight duration will be

at least 22 hrs in 2 legs , there is now a direct flight to

SanFransisco too, we have been discussing with Bruce also.

I would like some advice on Medical insurance I should go for for

tourists like me.It would be great if someone could give some info

regarding this.

How is your secret project progressing?

love

Geeta

>

> Geeta....I so regret I am not near San ....There are quite a

few in CA however and hopefully some of them are near San and

could meet with you.

> How nice you are having another grandchild! I know they have to

stop eventually but I'm sorry my girls have stopped having babies.

lol. My youngest GC is 9 so now it's on to the greats....I don't see

them much but I have 3.

> I hope you aren't having trouble with O2 arrangements as you

fly......or are you on O2? I swear Geeta, I forget details about so

many people unless we post frequently.

> How is the weather in India? Do you have seasons where you are?

> Love to you.

> Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.

> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

>

> Sher

>

>

> Sher,

> yes we intend to come to Us around Augst we were to

> come in April

> but we heard from our daughter that she is expecting

> her second

> baby , she is due in November so decided to to be

> there to be

> around with her at that time we have begun planning

> out the various

> requirements fro the flight. I so... feel like like

> meeting you all.

> I will be in San California

> love

> Geeta

>

Guest guest

> >

> > Geeta....I so regret I am not near San ....There are quite a

> few in CA however and hopefully some of them are near San and

> could meet with you.

> > How nice you are having another grandchild! I know they have to

> stop eventually but I'm sorry my girls have stopped having babies.

> lol. My youngest GC is 9 so now it's on to the greats....I don't

see

> them much but I have 3.

> > I hope you aren't having trouble with O2 arrangements as you

> fly......or are you on O2? I swear Geeta, I forget details about so

> many people unless we post frequently.

> > How is the weather in India? Do you have seasons where you are?

> > Love to you.

> > Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.

> > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

> >

> > Sher

> >

> >

> > Sher,

> > yes we intend to come to Us around Augst we were to

> > come in April

> > but we heard from our daughter that she is expecting

> > her second

> > baby , she is due in November so decided to to be

> > there to be

> > around with her at that time we have begun planning

> > out the various

> > requirements fro the flight. I so... feel like like

> > meeting you all.

> > I will be in San California

> > love

> > Geeta

> >

>

Guest guest

Sher, Thanks for the words of encouragement. I haven't called the pastor yet. I don't know why. I will though and I'm sure he will help if he can. He does't know us very well. Today was my retirement party and I really enjoyed it. It was a terrific honor. Don did go, tho' he really didn't want to. I apprerciated that. My whole family was there and then we treated them to supper. I asked him tonight if he felt any worse on the days he doesn't go out and he said no. I suppose that he would rather feel crummy in his easy chair or bed rather than feeling crummy being out. You are right. He has given up on "living". He feels

terrible no matter what he does. He does not want to die, but has given up on living. I got your book and am looking forward to reading it. Thanks!!! Tonight I read the scrapbook that was made for me from my peers. One of the teachers who knows me pretty well, wrote me a Poem? Not sure it is a poem but I read it several times. It really hit home because it so what I needed. Here it is from an unknown author. *To "let go" does not mean to stop caring, it means I can't do it for someone else. *To "let go" is not to cut myself off. It's the realization that I can't control another. *To "let go" is to admit powerlessness, which means the outcome is not in my hands.

*To "let go" is not to try to change or blame another. It's to make the most of myself. *To "let go" is not to fix, but to be supportive. *To "let go" is not to judge, but to allow another to be a human being. *To "let go" is not to be in the middle, arranging all the outcomes, but to allow others to affect their own destineis. *To "let go" is not to deny, but to accept *To let go" is not to nag, scold, or argue, but instead to search out my own shortcomings and correct them. *To "let go" is not to adjust everything to my own desires, but to take each day as it comes and cherish myself in it. *To "let go" is not to regret the

past, but to grow and live for the future. *To "let go" is to fear less and to love more. Wow! Doesn't that sound just like what I needed? I will email her tomorrow and tell her how much I appreciated that. Thanks again Sher. You helped a lot. K K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14