RemedySpot.com

Re: My first car trip on oxygen therapy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Sue,

I'm so happy that your car trip went as well as you had hoped. It can be nerve wracking trying to figure out what you'll need and how to get it all in the car.

I found on my very first car trip exactly what you found, the POC's are great for in the car and walking around (as long as they provide the right liter flow) but now I always bring my regular concentrator to use in hotel rooms and when I get where I'm going (usually a relative or friends home). Only being able to use 7 feet of tubing on a POC is very inconvenient when moving around, showering, using the bathroom in the middle of the night etc.

So glad all went well, it's such a good feeling to be able to be out and about despite this blasted disease!!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

My first car trip on oxygen therapy

Hi list friends,

When I joined this group a couple of months ago, I was asking about portable o2 concentrators and the logistics of traveling with oxygen. Thanks for all your responses.

Anyway, I bought a Sequal II-Eclipse portable concentrator. It puts out 1-6 liters on pulse and up to 3 on continuous. I need 6 on exertion, but do fine riding in a car with the lower rate. Since most of my travel would be riding and visiting with very little exertion, I felt this would work for me. We took 6 E-tanks as back up (for a 10-day trip) and one big M-tank. The battery lasts about 2 hours, and recharges itself plugged into the cigarette lighter. My husband did have to have another cigarette lighter outlet put in the back seat because of the other stuff plugged in the front (phone ad GPS) The newer cars can probably handle the voltage (or amps) need to run and recharge the Eclipse.

My husband wanted to take my big, heavy, home concentrator, but I nixed that idea. I only ran out of battery power one time, but had the back up E-tank in the car. The battery charges pretty quickly if the machine is not turned on, but will take longer if you are using it and recharging it at the same time. I should have taken the big concentrator because the longer hose would have made it easier to get around the motel room ,into the bathroom, take a shower, and get around friends houses, without having to drag around the Eclipse. Also, found out you can only use the 7 ft hose that comes with the Eclipse because it won’t work on a pulse setting with a longer hose. But, all in all, I used that Eclipse almost continuously for 10 days, and it didn’t fail me at all. I really

didn’t need the big M-tank at all.

I just got my issue of the newletter put out by the Pulmonary Fibrosis org and on the cover was a photo of several 02 travelers. I noted that all 5 of them had a Sequal Eclipse POC.

Didn’t mean to go on and on – but maybe this will help someone else as the plan a car trip.

Sue D.

62 yr old, Fibrotic NSIP dx 9/07, VA

Guest guest

Sue

Applause

While the Sequal Eclipse is outside affordability for many of us, I

simply applaud the fact you found a way to be mobile and travel and

enjoy it. The Eclipse has the advantage on others because of the fact it

goes to 6 and also that it does have continuous flow to 3. For many

people they can use the pulse during the day but then can have

continuous that they need at night for sleep.

The solution is different for each of us, but there is one. It was funny

as we met in San as we came from different places, different

means of transportation, and had different oxygen setups. I'm going to

be on about a 17 day trip starting the 15th. I'll be in my van with an

oxygen reservoir, liquid portable and because my cousin lives on the

beach and has many beautiful wood steps to get up to the house part a

lightweight (31 pound) concentrator.

>

> Hi list friends,

>

>

>

> When I joined this group a couple of months ago, I was asking about

> portable o2 concentrators and the logistics of traveling with oxygen.

> Thanks for all your responses.

>

>

>

> Anyway, I bought a Sequal II-Eclipse portable concentrator. It puts

out

> 1-6 liters on pulse and up to 3 on continuous. I need 6 on exertion,

but

> do fine riding in a car with the lower rate. Since most of my travel

> would be riding and visiting with very little exertion, I felt this

would

> work for me. We took 6 E-tanks as back up (for a 10-day trip) and one

big

> M-tank. The battery lasts about 2 hours, and recharges itself plugged

> into the cigarette lighter. My husband did have to have another

cigarette

> lighter outlet put in the back seat because of the other stuff plugged

in

> the front (phone ad GPS) The newer cars can probably handle the

voltage (or

> amps) need to run and recharge the Eclipse.

>

>

>

> My husband wanted to take my big, heavy, home concentrator, but I

nixed

> that idea. I only ran out of battery power one time, but had the back

up

> E-tank in the car. The battery charges pretty quickly if the machine

is

> not turned on, but will take longer if you are using it and recharging

it

> at the same time. I should have taken the big concentrator because the

> longer hose would have made it easier to get around the motel room

,into

> the bathroom, take a shower, and get around friends houses, without

> having to drag around the Eclipse. Also, found out you can only use

the 7

> ft hose that comes with the Eclipse because it won't work on a pulse

> setting with a longer hose. But, all in all, I used that Eclipse

almost

> continuously for 10 days, and it didn't fail me at all. I really

didn't

> need the big M-tank at all.

>

>

>

> I just got my issue of the newletter put out by the Pulmonary Fibrosis

org

> and on the cover was a photo of several 02 travelers. I noted that all

5 of

> them had a Sequal Eclipse POC.

>

>

>

> Didn't mean to go on and on - but maybe this will help someone else as

the

> plan a car trip.

>

>

>

> Sue D.

>

> 62 yr old, Fibrotic NSIP dx 9/07, VA

>

Guest guest

Hey guys, Can the O2 place provide a concentrator that runs off the battery, or do you have to buy it? For traveling I think that would be great. .KBruce Moreland wrote: SueApplauseWhile the Sequal Eclipse is outside affordability for many of us, Isimply applaud the fact you found a way to be mobile and travel andenjoy it. The Eclipse has the advantage on others because of the fact itgoes to 6 and also that it does have

continuous flow to 3. For manypeople they can use the pulse during the day but then can havecontinuous that they need at night for sleep.The solution is different for each of us, but there is one. It was funnyas we met in San as we came from different places, differentmeans of transportation, and had different oxygen setups. I'm going tobe on about a 17 day trip starting the 15th. I'll be in my van with anoxygen reservoir, liquid portable and because my cousin lives on thebeach and has many beautiful wood steps to get up to the house part alightweight (31 pound) concentrator.>> Hi list friends,>>>> When I joined this group a couple of months ago, I was asking about> portable o2 concentrators and the logistics of

traveling with oxygen.> Thanks for all your responses.>>>> Anyway, I bought a Sequal II-Eclipse portable concentrator. It putsout> 1-6 liters on pulse and up to 3 on continuous. I need 6 on exertion,but> do fine riding in a car with the lower rate. Since most of my travel> would be riding and visiting with very little exertion, I felt thiswould> work for me. We took 6 E-tanks as back up (for a 10-day trip) and onebig> M-tank. The battery lasts about 2 hours, and recharges itself plugged> into the cigarette lighter. My husband did have to have anothercigarette> lighter outlet put in the back seat because of the other stuff pluggedin> the front (phone ad GPS) The newer cars can probably handle thevoltage (or> amps) need to run and recharge the Eclipse.>>>> My husband wanted to take my big, heavy, home concentrator, but

Inixed> that idea. I only ran out of battery power one time, but had the backup> E-tank in the car. The battery charges pretty quickly if the machineis> not turned on, but will take longer if you are using it and rechargingit> at the same time. I should have taken the big concentrator because the> longer hose would have made it easier to get around the motel room,into> the bathroom, take a shower, and get around friends houses, without> having to drag around the Eclipse. Also, found out you can only usethe 7> ft hose that comes with the Eclipse because it won't work on a pulse> setting with a longer hose. But, all in all, I used that Eclipsealmost> continuously for 10 days, and it didn't fail me at all. I reallydidn't> need the big M-tank at all.>>>> I just got my issue of the newletter put out by the Pulmonary Fibrosisorg> and

on the cover was a photo of several 02 travelers. I noted that all5 of> them had a Sequal Eclipse POC.>>>> Didn't mean to go on and on - but maybe this will help someone else asthe> plan a car trip.>>>> Sue D.>> 62 yr old, Fibrotic NSIP dx 9/07, VA> K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

MB, That sucker is heavy? (concentrator) How do you get it in the car? K Ill Beth wrote: Sue, I'm so happy that your car trip went as well as you had hoped. It can be nerve wracking trying to figure out what you'll need and how to get it all in the car. I found on my very first car trip exactly what you found, the POC's are great for in the car and

walking around (as long as they provide the right liter flow) but now I always bring my regular concentrator to use in hotel rooms and when I get where I'm going (usually a relative or friends home). Only being able to use 7 feet of tubing on a POC is very inconvenient when moving around, showering, using the bathroom in the middle of the night etc. So glad all went well, it's such a good feeling to be able to be out and about despite this blasted disease!! Beth Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Change everything. Love and Forgive

My first car trip on oxygen therapy Hi list friends, When I joined this group a couple of months ago, I was asking about portable o2 concentrators and the logistics of traveling with oxygen. Thanks for all your responses. Anyway, I bought a Sequal II-Eclipse portable concentrator. It puts out 1-6 liters on pulse and up to 3 on continuous. I need 6 on exertion, but do fine riding in a car with the lower rate. Since most of my travel would be riding and visiting with very little exertion, I felt this would work for me. We took 6 E-tanks as back up (for a 10-day trip) and one big M-tank. The battery lasts about 2 hours, and recharges

itself plugged into the cigarette lighter. My husband did have to have another cigarette lighter outlet put in the back seat because of the other stuff plugged in the front (phone ad GPS) The newer cars can probably handle the voltage (or amps) need to run and recharge the Eclipse. My husband wanted to take my big, heavy, home concentrator, but I nixed that idea. I only ran out of battery power one time, but had the back up E-tank in the car. The battery charges pretty quickly if the machine is not turned on, but will take longer if you are using it and recharging it at the same time. I should have taken the big concentrator because the longer hose would have made it easier to get around the motel room ,into the bathroom, take a shower, and get around friends houses, without having

to drag around the Eclipse. Also, found out you can only use the 7 ft hose that comes with the Eclipse because it won’t work on a pulse setting with a longer hose. But, all in all, I used that Eclipse almost continuously for 10 days, and it didn’t fail me at all. I really didn’t need the big M-tank at all. I just got my issue of the newletter put out by the Pulmonary Fibrosis org and on the cover was a photo of several 02 travelers. I noted that all 5 of them had a Sequal Eclipse POC. Didn’t mean to go on and on – but maybe this will help someone else as the plan a car trip. Sue D. 62 yr old, Fibrotic NSIP dx 9/07, VA K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14

Guest guest

Mine weighs about 40 pounds. So far I don't have trouble lifting it in and out of the car. The time will likely come when I can't do that so easily anymore and I'll have to figure something else out but for now it still works this way for me.

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Hi list friends,

When I joined this group a couple of months ago, I was asking about portable o2 concentrators and the logistics of traveling with oxygen. Thanks for all your responses.

Anyway, I bought a Sequal II-Eclipse portable concentrator. It puts out 1-6 liters on pulse and up to 3 on continuous. I need 6 on exertion, but do fine riding in a car with the lower rate. Since most of my travel would be riding and visiting with very little exertion, I felt this would work for me. We took 6 E-tanks as back up (for a 10-day trip) and one big M-tank. The battery lasts about 2 hours, and recharges itself plugged into the cigarette lighter. My husband did have to have another cigarette lighter outlet put in the back seat because of the other stuff plugged in the front (phone ad GPS) The newer cars can probably handle the voltage (or amps) need to run and recharge the Eclipse.

My husband wanted to take my big, heavy, home concentrator, but I nixed that idea. I only ran out of battery power one time, but had the back up E-tank in the car. The battery charges pretty quickly if the machine is not turned on, but will take longer if you are using it and recharging it at the same time. I should have taken the big concentrator because the longer hose would have made it easier to get around the motel room ,into the bathroom, take a shower, and get around friends houses, without having to drag around the Eclipse. Also, found out you can only use the 7 ft hose that comes with the Eclipse because it won’t work on a pulse setting with a longer hose. But, all in all, I used that Eclipse almost continuously for 10 days, and it didn’t fail me at all. I

really didn’t need the big M-tank at all.

I just got my issue of the newletter put out by the Pulmonary Fibrosis org and on the cover was a photo of several 02 travelers. I noted that all 5 of them had a Sequal Eclipse POC.

Didn’t mean to go on and on – but maybe this will help someone else as the plan a car trip.

Sue D.

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

Guest guest

They can and will, just not sure they can on as short a notice as you're

giving. Depends on what they have in inventory.

> >

> > Hi list friends,

> >

> >

> >

> > When I joined this group a couple of months ago, I was asking about

> > portable o2 concentrators and the logistics of traveling with

oxygen.

> > Thanks for all your responses.

> >

> >

> >

> > Anyway, I bought a Sequal II-Eclipse portable concentrator. It puts

> out

> > 1-6 liters on pulse and up to 3 on continuous. I need 6 on exertion,

> but

> > do fine riding in a car with the lower rate. Since most of my travel

> > would be riding and visiting with very little exertion, I felt this

> would

> > work for me. We took 6 E-tanks as back up (for a 10-day trip) and

one

> big

> > M-tank. The battery lasts about 2 hours, and recharges itself

plugged

> > into the cigarette lighter. My husband did have to have another

> cigarette

> > lighter outlet put in the back seat because of the other stuff

plugged

> in

> > the front (phone ad GPS) The newer cars can probably handle the

> voltage (or

> > amps) need to run and recharge the Eclipse.

> >

> >

> >

> > My husband wanted to take my big, heavy, home concentrator, but I

> nixed

> > that idea. I only ran out of battery power one time, but had the

back

> up

> > E-tank in the car. The battery charges pretty quickly if the machine

> is

> > not turned on, but will take longer if you are using it and

recharging

> it

> > at the same time. I should have taken the big concentrator because

the

> > longer hose would have made it easier to get around the motel room

> ,into

> > the bathroom, take a shower, and get around friends houses, without

> > having to drag around the Eclipse. Also, found out you can only use

> the 7

> > ft hose that comes with the Eclipse because it won't work on a pulse

> > setting with a longer hose. But, all in all, I used that Eclipse

> almost

> > continuously for 10 days, and it didn't fail me at all. I really

> didn't

> > need the big M-tank at all.

> >

> >

> >

> > I just got my issue of the newletter put out by the Pulmonary

Fibrosis

> org

> > and on the cover was a photo of several 02 travelers. I noted that

all

> 5 of

> > them had a Sequal Eclipse POC.

> >

> >

> >

> > Didn't mean to go on and on - but maybe this will help someone else

as

> the

> > plan a car trip.

> >

> >

> >

> > Sue D.

> >

> > 62 yr old, Fibrotic NSIP dx 9/07, VA

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

> K

> Central Il

> Hubby ipf- 2006

> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

> 14

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try

it now.

>

Guest guest

I was having a discussion with my equipment supplier yesterday and he told me he could give me a different size concentrator. One easier to travel with if I was going to be using it in hotel rooms. You might find the sizes here on internet then tell them what you want.

Fay

IPF 06/06 IL

Hi list friends,

My husband wanted to take my big, heavy, home concentrator, but I nixed that idea. I only ran out of battery power one time, but had the back up E-tank in the car. The battery charges pretty quickly if the machine is not turned on, but will take longer if you are using it and recharging it at the same time. I should have taken the big concentrator because the longer hose would have made it easier to get around the motel room ,into the bathroom, take a shower, and get around friends houses, without having to drag around the Eclipse. Also, found out you can only use the 7 ft hose that comes with the Eclipse because it won’t work on a pulse setting with a longer hose. But, all in all, I used that Eclipse almost continuously for 10 days, and it didn’t fail me at all. I

really didn’t need the big M-tank at all.

Sue D.

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.. Try it now.

Guest guest

MB

The time I could handle it easy has come and gone, but your post does

point out the fact that the weight varies from unit to unit. Most being

rented are just over 50 pounds. You have one at 40. I just purchased a

Respironics Evergo that weighs 31 pounds. I could have gotten from my

supplier one of the 52 pounders for my trip but decided since I needed

one for my cousin's house (way too many steps for reservoir), might not

have anyone to help with the reservoir at my aunt's, and wouldn't mind

having one of my own for sudden overnight stays, I wanted to own one. If

I could afford it I would own one of everything...an extra marathon, a

couple of different sizes of portable reservoirs, this concentrator, a

Sequal Eclipse, a homefill system and all my own canisters. Oh but I

can't have perfection....darn.

> Sue,

> I'm so happy that your car trip went as well as you had hoped. It can

be nerve wracking trying to figure out what you'll need and how to get

it all in the car.

> I found on my very first car trip exactly what you found, the POC's

are great for in the car and walking around (as long as they provide the

right liter flow) but now I always bring my regular concentrator to use

in hotel rooms and when I get where I'm going (usually a relative or

friends home). Only being able to use 7 feet of tubing on a POC is very

inconvenient when moving around, showering, using the bathroom in the

middle of the night etc.

> So glad all went well, it's such a good feeling to be able to be out

and about despite this blasted disease!!

>

> Beth

> Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

>

> Change everything. Love and Forgive

>

>

>

>

>

> My first car trip on oxygen therapy

>

>

> Hi list friends,

>

> When I joined this group a couple of months ago, I was asking about

portable o2 concentrators and the logistics of traveling with oxygen.

Thanks for all your responses.

>

> Anyway, I bought a Sequal II-Eclipse portable concentrator. It puts

out 1-6 liters on pulse and up to 3 on continuous. I need 6 on

exertion, but do fine riding in a car with the lower rate. Since most

of my travel would be riding and visiting with very little exertion, I

felt this would work for me. We took 6 E-tanks as back up (for a

10-day trip) and one big M-tank. The battery lasts about 2 hours,

and recharges itself plugged into the cigarette lighter. My husband

did have to have another cigarette lighter outlet put in the back seat

because of the other stuff plugged in the front (phone ad GPS) The

newer cars can probably handle the voltage (or amps) need to run and

recharge the Eclipse.

>

> My husband wanted to take my big, heavy, home concentrator, but I

nixed that idea. I only ran out of battery power one time, but had

the back up E-tank in the car. The battery charges pretty quickly if

the machine is not turned on, but will take longer if you are using it

and recharging it at the same time. I should have taken the big

concentrator because the longer hose would have made it easier to get

around the motel room ,into the bathroom, take a shower, and get

around friends houses, without having to drag around the Eclipse.

Also, found out you can only use the 7 ft hose that comes with the

Eclipse because it won't work on a pulse setting with a longer

hose. But, all in all, I used that Eclipse almost continuously for 10

days, and it didn't fail me at all. I really didn't need the

big M-tank at all.

>

> I just got my issue of the newletter put out by the Pulmonary Fibrosis

org and on the cover was a photo of several 02 travelers. I noted that

all 5 of them had a Sequal Eclipse POC.

>

> Didn't mean to go on and on – but maybe this will help

someone else as the plan a car trip.

>

> Sue D.

> 62 yr old, Fibrotic NSIP dx 9/07, VA

>

>

>

>

> K

> Central Il

> Hubby ipf- 2006

> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

> 14

> ________________________________

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try

it now.

>

Guest guest

Fay/

Here is the lightest I've found in a traditional home concentrator-31 pounds.

http://portablenebs.com/concentratorR.htm

> Sue,> I'm so happy that your car trip went as well as you had hoped. It can be nerve wracking trying to figure out what you'll need and how to get it all in the car. > I found on my very first car trip exactly what you found, the POC's are great for in the car and walking around (as long as they provide the right liter flow) but now I always bring my regular concentrator to use in hotel rooms and when I get where I'm going (usually a relative or friends home). Only being able to use 7 feet of tubing on a POC is very inconvenient when moving around, showering, using the bathroom in the middle of the night etc.> So glad all went well, it's such a good feeling to be able to be out and about despite this blasted disease!!> > Beth > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > Change everything. Love and Forgive > > > > > > My first car trip on oxygen therapy> > > Hi list friends,> > When I joined this group a couple of months ago, I was asking about portable o2 concentrators and the logistics of traveling with oxygen. Thanks for all your responses.> > Anyway, I bought a Sequal II-Eclipse portable concentrator. It puts out 1-6 liters on pulse and up to 3 on continuous. I need 6 on exertion, but do fine riding in a car with the lower rate. Since most of my travel would be riding and visiting with very little exertion, I felt this would work for me. We took 6 E-tanks as back up (for a 10-day trip) and one big M-tank. The battery lasts about 2 hours, and recharges itself plugged into the cigarette lighter. My husband did have to have another cigarette lighter outlet put in the back seat because of the other stuff plugged in the front (phone ad GPS) The newer cars can probably handle the voltage (or amps) need to run and recharge the Eclipse.> > My husband wanted to take my big, heavy, home concentrator, but I nixed that idea. I only ran out of battery power one time, but had the back up E-tank in the car. The battery charges pretty quickly if the machine is not turned on, but will take longer if you are using it and recharging it at the same time. I should have taken the big concentrator because the longer hose would have made it easier to get around the motel room ,into the bathroom, take a shower, and get around friends houses, without having to drag around the Eclipse. Also, found out you can only use the 7 ft hose that comes with the Eclipse because it won't work on a pulse setting with a longer hose. But, all in all, I used that Eclipse almost continuously for 10 days, and it didn't fail me at all. I really didn't need the big M-tank at all. > > I just got my issue of the newletter put out by the Pulmonary Fibrosis org and on the cover was a photo of several 02 travelers. I noted that all 5 of them had a Sequal Eclipse POC.> > Didn't mean to go on and on – but maybe this will help someone else as the plan a car trip.> > Sue D.> 62 yr old, Fibrotic NSIP dx 9/07, VA> > > > > K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> 14> ________________________________> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. > > > ____________________________________________________________________________________> Be a better friend, newshound, and > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo..com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ>

Guest guest

I think you can also find adaptors for your car that will convert 12 volt to ac for plug-in of concentrator. That might be too heavy a draw of current from car battery but would be good for emergency. You might want to call an auto supply store or a camper sale dealer.

Fay

IPF 06/06 IL

Re: My first car trip on oxygen therapy

They can and will, just not sure they can on as short a notice as you'regiving. Depends on what they have in inventory.> >> > Hi list friends,> >>

>> >> > When I joined this group a couple of months ago, I was asking about> > portable o2 concentrators and the logistics of traveling withoxygen.> > Thanks for all your responses.> >> >> >> > Anyway, I bought a Sequal II-Eclipse portable concentrator. It puts> out> > 1-6 liters on pulse and up to 3 on continuous. I need 6 on exertion,> but> > do fine riding in a car with the lower rate. Since most of my travel> > would be riding and visiting with very little exertion, I felt this> would> > work for me. We took 6 E-tanks as back up (for a 10-day trip) andone> big> > M-tank. The battery lasts about 2 hours, and recharges itselfplugged> > into the cigarette lighter. My husband did have to have another> cigarette> > lighter outlet put in the back seat because

of the other stuffplugged> in> > the front (phone ad GPS) The newer cars can probably handle the> voltage (or> > amps) need to run and recharge the Eclipse.> >> >> >> > My husband wanted to take my big, heavy, home concentrator, but I> nixed> > that idea. I only ran out of battery power one time, but had theback> up> > E-tank in the car. The battery charges pretty quickly if the machine> is> > not turned on, but will take longer if you are using it andrecharging> it> > at the same time. I should have taken the big concentrator becausethe> > longer hose would have made it easier to get around the motel room> ,into> > the bathroom, take a shower, and get around friends houses, without> > having to drag around the Eclipse. Also, found out you can only use>

the 7> > ft hose that comes with the Eclipse because it won't work on a pulse> > setting with a longer hose. But, all in all, I used that Eclipse> almost> > continuously for 10 days, and it didn't fail me at all. I really> didn't> > need the big M-tank at all.> >> >> >> > I just got my issue of the newletter put out by the PulmonaryFibrosis> org> > and on the cover was a photo of several 02 travelers. I noted thatall> 5 of> > them had a Sequal Eclipse POC.> >> >> >> > Didn't mean to go on and on - but maybe this will help someone elseas> the> > plan a car trip.> >> >> >> > Sue D.> >> > 62 yr old, Fibrotic NSIP dx 9/07, VA> >>>>>>>>

K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> 14>>> ------------ --------- --------- ---> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Tryit now.>

Guest guest

Bruce

Thanks for the info. I will have to check with dealer to see if he has these to rent. That would be nice to have equipment.

Fay

IPF 06/06 IL

My first car trip on oxygen therapy> > > Hi list friends,> > When I joined this group a couple of months ago, I was asking about portable o2 concentrators and the logistics of traveling with oxygen. Thanks for all your responses.> > Anyway, I bought a Sequal II-Eclipse portable concentrator. It puts out 1-6 liters on pulse and up to 3 on continuous. I need 6 on exertion, but do fine riding in a car with the lower rate. Since most of my travel would be riding and visiting with very little exertion, I felt this would work for me. We took 6 E-tanks as back up (for a 10-day trip) and one big M-tank. The battery lasts about 2

hours, and recharges itself plugged into the cigarette lighter. My husband did have to have another cigarette lighter outlet put in the back seat because of the other stuff plugged in the front (phone ad GPS) The newer cars can probably handle the voltage (or amps) need to run and recharge the Eclipse.> > My husband wanted to take my big, heavy, home concentrator, but I nixed that idea. I only ran out of battery power one time, but had the back up E-tank in the car. The battery charges pretty quickly if the machine is not turned on, but will take longer if you are using it and recharging it at the same time. I should have taken the big concentrator because the longer hose would have made it easier to get around the motel room ,into the bathroom, take a shower, and get around friends houses, without

having to drag around the Eclipse. Also, found out you can only use the 7 ft hose that comes with the Eclipse because it won't work on a pulse setting with a longer hose. But, all in all, I used that Eclipse almost continuously for 10 days, and it didn't fail me at all. I really didn't need the big M-tank at all. > > I just got my issue of the newletter put out by the Pulmonary Fibrosis org and on the cover was a photo of several 02 travelers. I noted that all 5 of them had a Sequal Eclipse POC.> > Didn't mean to go on and on – but maybe this will help someone else as the plan a car trip.> > Sue D.> 62 yr old, Fibrotic NSIP dx 9/07, VA> > > > > K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve

the Lord> 14> ____________ _________ _________ __> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________> Be a better friend, newshound, and > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile. yahoo..com/ ;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR 8HDtDypao8Wcj9tA cJ>

Guest guest

MB

Correction

Respironics Everflow. Evergo is their portable, but the Everflow is the

31 pound model.

> > Sue,

> > I'm so happy that your car trip went as well as you had hoped. It

can

> be nerve wracking trying to figure out what you'll need and how to get

> it all in the car.

> > I found on my very first car trip exactly what you found, the POC's

> are great for in the car and walking around (as long as they provide

the

> right liter flow) but now I always bring my regular concentrator to

use

> in hotel rooms and when I get where I'm going (usually a relative or

> friends home). Only being able to use 7 feet of tubing on a POC is

very

> inconvenient when moving around, showering, using the bathroom in the

> middle of the night etc.

> > So glad all went well, it's such a good feeling to be able to be out

> and about despite this blasted disease!!

> >

> > Beth

> > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

> >

> > Change everything. Love and Forgive

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > My first car trip on oxygen therapy

> >

> >

> > Hi list friends,

> >

> portable o2 concentrators and the logistics of traveling with oxygen.

> Thanks for all your responses.

> >

> out 1-6 liters on pulse and up to 3 on continuous. I need 6 on

> exertion, but do fine riding in a car with the lower rate. Since most

> of my travel would be riding and visiting with very little exertion, I

> felt this would work for me. We took 6 E-tanks as back up (for a

> 10-day trip) and one big M-tank. The battery lasts about 2 hours,

> and recharges itself plugged into the cigarette lighter. My husband

> did have to have another cigarette lighter outlet put in the back seat

> because of the other stuff plugged in the front (phone ad GPS) The

> newer cars can probably handle the voltage (or amps) need to run and

> recharge the Eclipse.

> >

> nixed that idea. I only ran out of battery power one time, but had

> the back up E-tank in the car. The battery charges pretty quickly if

> the machine is not turned on, but will take longer if you are using it

> and recharging it at the same time. I should have taken the big

> concentrator because the longer hose would have made it easier to get

> around the motel room ,into the bathroom, take a shower, and get

> around friends houses, without having to drag around the Eclipse.

> Also, found out you can only use the 7 ft hose that comes with the

> Eclipse because it won't work on a pulse setting with a longer

> hose. But, all in all, I used that Eclipse almost continuously for 10

> days, and it didn't fail me at all. I really didn't need the

> big M-tank at all.

> >

Fibrosis

> org and on the cover was a photo of several 02 travelers. I noted that

> all 5 of them had a Sequal Eclipse POC.

> >

> > Didn't mean to go on and on – but maybe this will help

> someone else as the plan a car trip.

> >

> > Sue D.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > K

> > Central Il

> > Hubby ipf- 2006

> > As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

> > 14

> > ________________________________

> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.

Try

> it now.

> >

>

Guest guest

Fay

Oxlife has concentrators designed for 12 volt as well. They even sell their own inverter. The small unit requires a 70 amp alternator and the large unit requires 120 amps. Also, their small unit weighs only 32 pounds.

http://www.tri-medinc.com/TM/page15.html

> > >> > > Hi list friends,> > >> > >> > >> > > When I joined this group a couple of months ago, I was asking about> > > portable o2 concentrators and the logistics of traveling with> oxygen.> > > Thanks for all your responses.> > >> > >> > >> > > Anyway, I bought a Sequal II-Eclipse portable concentrator. It puts> > out> > > 1-6 liters on pulse and up to 3 on continuous. I need 6 on exertion,> > but> > > do fine riding in a car with the lower rate. Since most of my travel> > > would be riding and visiting with very little exertion, I felt this> > would> > > work for me. We took 6 E-tanks as back up (for a 10-day trip) and> one> > big> > > M-tank. The battery lasts about 2 hours, and recharges itself> plugged> > > into the cigarette lighter. My husband did have to have another> > cigarette> > > lighter outlet put in the back seat because of the other stuff> plugged> > in> > > the front (phone ad GPS) The newer cars can probably handle the> > voltage (or> > > amps) need to run and recharge the Eclipse.> > >> > >> > >> > > My husband wanted to take my big, heavy, home concentrator, but I> > nixed> > > that idea. I only ran out of battery power one time, but had the> back> > up> > > E-tank in the car. The battery charges pretty quickly if the machine> > is> > > not turned on, but will take longer if you are using it and> recharging> > it> > > at the same time. I should have taken the big concentrator because> the> > > longer hose would have made it easier to get around the motel room> > ,into> > > the bathroom, take a shower, and get around friends houses, without> > > having to drag around the Eclipse. Also, found out you can only use> > the 7> > > ft hose that comes with the Eclipse because it won't work on a pulse> > > setting with a longer hose. But, all in all, I used that Eclipse> > almost> > > continuously for 10 days, and it didn't fail me at all. I really> > didn't> > > need the big M-tank at all.> > >> > >> > >> > > I just got my issue of the newletter put out by the Pulmonary> Fibrosis> > org> > > and on the cover was a photo of several 02 travelers. I noted that> all> > 5 of> > > them had a Sequal Eclipse POC.> > >> > >> > >> > > Didn't mean to go on and on - but maybe this will help someone else> as> > the> > > plan a car trip.> > >> > >> > >> > > Sue D.> > >> > > 62 yr old, Fibrotic NSIP dx 9/07, VA> > >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > K> > Central Il> > Hubby ipf- 2006> > As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> > 14> >> >> > ------------ --------- --------- ---> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try> it now.> >> > > > > ____________________________________________________________________________________> Be a better friend, newshound, and > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ>

Guest guest

Bruce....I was looking at the concentrator and a thought hit me......I know, be careful. But doesn't insurance pay for O2 needs??

Or are you purchasing one for other reasons?

I was thinking this is a pretty nifty little concentrator but then remembered my ins pays so I don't have to.~~thanks

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

My first car trip on oxygen therapy> > > Hi list friends,> > When I joined this group a couple of months ago, I was asking about portable o2 concentrators and the logistics of traveling with oxygen. Thanks for all your responses.> > Anyway, I bought a Sequal II-Eclipse portable concentrator. It puts out 1-6 liters on pulse and up to 3 on continuous. I need 6 on exertion, but do fine riding in a car with the lower rate. Since most of my travel would be riding and visiting with very little exertion, I felt this would work for me. We took 6 E-tanks as back up (for a 10-day trip) and one big M-tank. The battery lasts about 2 hours, and recharges itself plugged into the cigarette lighter. My husband did have to have another cigarette lighter outlet put in the back seat because of the other stuff plugged in the front (phone ad GPS) The newer cars can probably handle the voltage (or amps) need to run and recharge the Eclipse.> > My husband wanted to take my big, heavy, home concentrator, but I nixed that idea. I only ran out of battery power one time, but had the back up E-tank in the car. The battery charges pretty quickly if the machine is not turned on, but will take longer if you are using it and recharging it at the same time. I should have taken the big concentrator because the longer hose would have made it easier to get around the motel room ,into the bathroom, take a shower, and get around friends houses, without having to drag around the Eclipse. Also, found out you can only use the 7 ft hose that comes with the Eclipse because it won't work on a pulse setting with a longer hose. But, all in all, I used that Eclipse almost continuously for 10 days, and it didn't fail me at all. I really didn't need the big M-tank at all. > > I just got my issue of the newletter put out by the Pulmonary Fibrosis org and on the cover was a photo of several 02 travelers. I noted that all 5 of them had a Sequal Eclipse POC.> > Didn't mean to go on and on – but maybe this will help someone else as the plan a car trip.> > Sue D.> 62 yr old, Fibrotic NSIP dx 9/07, VA> > > > > K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> 14> ________________________________> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. > > > ____________________________________________________________________________________> Be a better friend, newshound, and > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo..com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ>

Guest guest

Sher

I don't normally use a concentrator. Yes, insurance would provide me

with one for the trip but one of the 50+ pounders. And, I still want

something handy for when I have that unplanned urge to go somewhere for

a night or visit a friend nearby. So it's probably a little frivolous

but thats where I'm going for my frills with things that just give me a

bit more versatility. Guess I'll find out if this purchase was worth it.

> > Sue,

> > I'm so happy that your car trip went as well as you had hoped. It

can be nerve wracking trying to figure out what you'll need and how to

get it all in the car.

> > I found on my very first car trip exactly what you found, the POC's

are great for in the car and walking around (as long as they provide the

right liter flow) but now I always bring my regular concentrator to use

in hotel rooms and when I get where I'm going (usually a relative or

friends home). Only being able to use 7 feet of tubing on a POC is very

inconvenient when moving around, showering, using the bathroom in the

middle of the night etc.

> > So glad all went well, it's such a good feeling to be able to be out

and about despite this blasted disease!!

> >

> > Beth

> > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

> >

> > Change everything. Love and Forgive

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > My first car trip on oxygen therapy

> >

> >

> > Hi list friends,

> >

portable o2 concentrators and the logistics of traveling with oxygen.

Thanks for all your responses.

> >

out 1-6 liters on pulse and up to 3 on continuous. I need 6 on exertion,

but do fine riding in a car with the lower rate. Since most of my travel

would be riding and visiting with very little exertion, I felt this

would work for me. We took 6 E-tanks as back up (for a 10-day trip) and

one big M-tank. The battery lasts about 2 hours, and recharges itself

plugged into the cigarette lighter. My husband did have to have another

cigarette lighter outlet put in the back seat because of the other stuff

plugged in the front (phone ad GPS) The newer cars can probably handle

the voltage (or amps) need to run and recharge the Eclipse.

> >

nixed that idea. I only ran out of battery power one time, but had the

back up E-tank in the car. The battery charges pretty quickly if the

machine is not turned on, but will take longer if you are using it and

recharging it at the same time. I should have taken the big concentrator

because the longer hose would have made it easier to get around the

motel room ,into the bathroom, take a shower, and get around friends

houses, without having to drag around the Eclipse. Also, found out you

can only use the 7 ft hose that comes with the Eclipse because it won't

work on a pulse setting with a longer hose. But, all in all, I used that

Eclipse almost continuously for 10 days, and it didn't fail me at all. I

really didn't need the big M-tank at all.

> >

Fibrosis org and on the cover was a photo of several 02 travelers. I

noted that all 5 of them had a Sequal Eclipse POC.

> >

> > Didn't mean to go on and on - but maybe this will help someone else

as the plan a car trip.

> >

> > Sue D.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > K

> > Central Il

> > Hubby ipf- 2006

> > As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

> > 14

> > ________________________________

> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.

Try it now.

> >

> >

> >

________________________________________________________________________\

> > Be a better friend, newshound, and

> > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

http://mobile.yahoo..com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

> >

>

Guest guest

Bruce, you posted a little while ago that is was expensive. Is it over $2,000. One of those websites said it was that much. Just wondered if they all were that expensive. K IllinoisBruce Moreland wrote: SherI don't normally use a concentrator. Yes, insurance would provide mewith one for the trip but one of the 50+ pounders. And, I still wantsomething handy for when I have that unplanned urge to go somewhere fora night or

visit a friend nearby. So it's probably a little frivolousbut thats where I'm going for my frills with things that just give me abit more versatility. Guess I'll find out if this purchase was worth it.> > Sue,> > I'm so happy that your car trip went as well as you had hoped. Itcan be nerve wracking trying to figure out what you'll need and how toget it all in the car.> > I found on my very first car trip exactly what you found, the POC'sare great for in the car and walking around (as long as they provide theright liter

flow) but now I always bring my regular concentrator to usein hotel rooms and when I get where I'm going (usually a relative orfriends home). Only being able to use 7 feet of tubing on a POC is veryinconvenient when moving around, showering, using the bathroom in themiddle of the night etc.> > So glad all went well, it's such a good feeling to be able to be outand about despite this blasted disease!!> >> > Beth> > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> >> > Change everything. Love and Forgive> >> >> >> >> >> > My first car trip on oxygen therapy> >> >> > Hi list friends,>

>> > When I joined this group a couple of months ago, I was asking aboutportable o2 concentrators and the logistics of traveling with oxygen.Thanks for all your responses.> >> > Anyway, I bought a Sequal II-Eclipse portable concentrator. It putsout 1-6 liters on pulse and up to 3 on continuous. I need 6 on exertion,but do fine riding in a car with the lower rate. Since most of my travelwould be riding and visiting with very little exertion, I felt thiswould work for me. We took 6 E-tanks as back up (for a 10-day trip) andone big M-tank. The battery lasts about 2 hours, and recharges itselfplugged into the cigarette lighter. My husband did have to have anothercigarette lighter outlet put in the back seat because of the other stuffplugged in the front (phone ad GPS) The newer cars can probably handlethe voltage (or amps) need to run and recharge the Eclipse.> >> > My husband

wanted to take my big, heavy, home concentrator, but Inixed that idea. I only ran out of battery power one time, but had theback up E-tank in the car. The battery charges pretty quickly if themachine is not turned on, but will take longer if you are using it andrecharging it at the same time. I should have taken the big concentratorbecause the longer hose would have made it easier to get around themotel room ,into the bathroom, take a shower, and get around friendshouses, without having to drag around the Eclipse. Also, found out youcan only use the 7 ft hose that comes with the Eclipse because it won'twork on a pulse setting with a longer hose. But, all in all, I used thatEclipse almost continuously for 10 days, and it didn't fail me at all. Ireally didn't need the big M-tank at all.> >> > I just got my issue of the newletter put out by the PulmonaryFibrosis org and on the cover was a photo of several 02

travelers. Inoted that all 5 of them had a Sequal Eclipse POC.> >> > Didn't mean to go on and on - but maybe this will help someone elseas the plan a car trip.> >> > Sue D.> > 62 yr old, Fibrotic NSIP dx 9/07, VA> >> >> >> >> > K> > Central Il> > Hubby ipf- 2006> > As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> > 14> > ________________________________> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.Try it now.> >> >> >__________________________________________________________\____________> > Be a better friend, newshound, and> > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.http://mobile.yahoo..com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ> >> K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14

Guest guest

Bruce....oh, I get what you mean. Yes, I would opt for a 31 over a 50 too. As I progress I will remember this and although the price will probably be different, the idea remains the same. Hopefully both Rich and I could get even the smaller one in the car.

I'm so glad you can have what you want/need!

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

My first car trip on oxygen therapy> >> >> > Hi list friends,> >> > When I joined this group a couple of months ago, I was asking aboutportable o2 concentrators and the logistics of traveling with oxygen.Thanks for all your responses.> >> > Anyway, I bought a Sequal II-Eclipse portable concentrator. It putsout 1-6 liters on pulse and up to 3 on continuous. I need 6 on exertion,but do fine riding in a car with the lower rate. Since most of my travelwould be riding and visiting with very little exertion, I felt thiswould work for me. We took 6 E-tanks as back up (for a 10-day trip) andone big M-tank. The battery lasts about 2 hours, and recharges itselfplugged into the cigarette lighter. My husband did have to have anothercigarette lighter outlet put in the back seat because of the other stuffplugged in the front (phone ad GPS) The newer cars can probably handlethe voltage (or amps) need to run and recharge the Eclipse.> >> > My husband wanted to take my big, heavy, home concentrator, but Inixed that idea. I only ran out of battery power one time, but had theback up E-tank in the car. The battery charges pretty quickly if themachine is not turned on, but will take longer if you are using it andrecharging it at the same time. I should have taken the big concentratorbecause the longer hose would have made it easier to get around themotel room ,into the bathroom, take a shower, and get around friendshouses, without having to drag around the Eclipse. Also, found out youcan only use the 7 ft hose that comes with the Eclipse because it won'twork on a pulse setting with a longer hose. But, all in all, I used thatEclipse almost continuously for 10 days, and it didn't fail me at all. Ireally didn't need the big M-tank at all.> >> > I just got my issue of the newletter put out by the PulmonaryFibrosis org and on the cover was a photo of several 02 travelers. Inoted that all 5 of them had a Sequal Eclipse POC.> >> > Didn't mean to go on and on - but maybe this will help someone elseas the plan a car trip.> >> > Sue D.> > 62 yr old, Fibrotic NSIP dx 9/07, VA> >> >> >> >> > K> > Central Il> > Hubby ipf- 2006> > As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> > 14> > ________________________________> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.Try it now.> >> >> >__________________________________________________________\____________> > Be a better friend, newshound, and> > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.http://mobile.yahoo..com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ> >>